The Ultimate FX Thread

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: The Ultimate FX ThreadReply
The Ultimate FX Thread
Posted on: 19.11.2012 by Valeri Millstein
Introduction and Goals of "The Ultimate FX Thread"

This thread is going to be dedicated to posting an evolving list of FX parameters. Anyone who has any custom instant press, Super Fader, Super Knob or Jog FX mappings, please post them on here so others can learn how to map FX and eventually create their own. Thanks, lets hope this gets good feedback!

This thread now contains all of the Instant Gratification parameters!
Soon to have Jog FX parameters!

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

Post 2: Instant Press FX, Instant Grat

Post 3: Smart Knobs

Post 4: Jog Wheels

Post 5: Specials

Post 6: TSI Files
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by neilmcm
Thanks Stewe but not sure how this works in with the midifighter combos and bank selection buttins.
DJTT has made article on how to create a supercombos in Traktor (search for) and for masher combo - all you need is already posted here.

As for banks, you should set a modifier with four values for each button and then add each value for corresponding deck 'unit on' commands. I'm not saying that's easy but that can be done without need for firmware banks as MF originally does that.
Lynetta Stanislav
Thanks Stewe but not sure how this works in with the midifighter combos and bank selection buttins.

Originally Posted by Stewe
You can find details for masher combo here and for four banks check this thread http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=55271
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by bobg
a button to reset the controllers??
Do what?
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by neilmcm
I plan on mapping my F1 to the midifighter mapping , if i map the effects as listed here where can I find the details out for mapping the supercombos and the 4 banks buttons .
You can find details for masher combo here and for four banks check this thread http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=55271
Lynetta Stanislav
I plan on mapping my F1 to the midifighter mapping , if i map the effects as listed here where can I find the details out for mapping the supercombos and the 4 banks buttons .
Bart Shanon
thanks

I'm trying

a button to reset the controllers?? I have a s4 and x1
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by jthightower45
Does anyone what to try to map the Hawtin effect? From this thread http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...?t=8545&page=4

Here is it on Traktor Bible from 2009 using DealyT3. http://www.traktorbible.com/en/fx_usecases.aspx
Maybe we can come up w/ some parameters that sounds better in Traktor 2.6?
T3 Delay still sounds pretty much the same in 2.6 but you can add a bit of Reverb and Peak filter at 0.600-0.700 to give it more expression. Just map other effects to engage at the same time with T3.
Kellie Myrum
Hey Stewe, I've been looking for more FX to map in single/advance mode. So thanks for posting this! What kind of music are you playing when you use this effect?
I was testing it with techno and on isolated mid/high frequency but it's probably more suite for dubstep and trap. Was in my mind to create a Laser Slicer button combo and also add this as a final touch.

So, I messed around w/ the mapping a bit. Check out what I added or changed in BOLD. Let me know what you believe.

Add In > Mixer > Filter On / button-hold
Add In > Mixer > Filter Adjust / button-inc / auto repeat - FINE
Add In > FX unit > Knob 3 / button-dec / auto repeat - MIN
Add In > FX unit > Knob 1 / fader/knob-direct

Control over Knob 1 made it a little more expressive and by slowing down increase/decrease parameters on filter/knob3 gave me more time to manipulate the sound if I didn't want it to be momentary. This might be good for dubstep, but I'm not sure? I mix trance and tech.
Hey mate, feel free to adjust this however you like. My main idea was to play it with just one button and I can still play with FX unit knobs to manipulate sweep type.
Simone Defrancisco
Does anyone what to try to map the Hawtin effect? From this thread http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...?t=8545&page=4

Here is it on Traktor Bible from 2009 using DealyT3. http://www.traktorbible.com/en/fx_usecases.aspx
Maybe we can come up w/ some parameters that sounds better in Traktor 2.6?
Simone Defrancisco
Add In > FX unit > Effect Selector / button-direct / value=Transpose
Add In > FX unit > Unit Mode Selector / direct-button / value=Single
Add In > FX unit > Unit ON / button-hold
Add In > FX unit > Dry/Wet / button-direct / value=1.000
Add In > FX unit > Knob 1 / button-direct / value=1.000
Add In > FX unit > Knob 2 / button-direct / value=0.590
Add In > FX unit > Knob 3 / button-direct / value=1.000 (inverted) - jump back to max value on release
Add In > FX unit > Knob 3 / button-dec / auto repeat-course
Add In > FX unit > Button 2 / button-direct / value=0
Add In > FX unit > Button 3 / button-direct / value=1
Add In > Mixer > Filter Adjust / button-direct / value=0.500 (inverted)
Add In > Mixer > Filter Adjust / button-inc / auto repeat - fine
Hey Stewe, I've been looking for more FX to map in single/advance mode. So thanks for posting this! What kind of music are you playing when you use this effect?

So, I messed around w/ the mapping a bit. Check out what I added or changed in BOLD. Let me know what you believe.

Add In > Mixer > Filter On / button-hold
Add In > Mixer > Filter Adjust / button-inc / auto repeat - FINE
Add In > FX unit > Knob 3 / button-dec / auto repeat - MIN
Add In > FX unit > Knob 1 / fader/knob-direct

Control over Knob 1 made it a little more expressive and by slowing down increase/decrease parameters on filter/knob3 gave me more time to manipulate the sound if I didn't want it to be momentary. This might be good for dubstep, but I'm not sure? I mix trance and tech.
Valeri Millstein
This momentary effect use Transpose Stretch in single mode. I was messing with trans to add a new break effect into my 'glitch' mode and I found this can be pretty cool for grabbing a hi-hat or snare right before the drop. This combo also involves mixer filter to make sweep sound more organic.

Add In > FX unit > Knob 3 / button-direct / value=1.000 (inverted) - jump back to max value on release
I will test this out tomorrow It seems interesting.

I am going to start working on Jog Wheel Fx Parameters very soon.
Kellie Myrum
This momentary effect use Transpose Stretch in single mode. I was messing with trans to add a new break effect into my 'glitch' mode and I found this can be pretty cool for grabbing a hi-hat or snare right before the drop. This combo also involves mixer filter to make sweep sound more organic.

Kellie Myrum
@bobg kali man
Modifier / button-direct / value=1 (red button)
Modifier / button-direct / value=0 (effect on button)
FX on / M1=0 / button-hold
FX on / M1=1 / button-direct / value=0 (directly disengages effect)

And here's a video in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zsd-ChS4uA&feature=youtu.be
Bart Shanon
my English is very bad

Could you send me an example

e.g.

add in/modifier/buton/direc/m1=1 this boton red

addin/modifier/buton/direc/m1=0 boton fx

add inn /modifier/buton/direc/m1=1 boton fx

???
Kellie Myrum
Type-button > set interaction-HOLD doesn't produce the invent check box.
You should check 'invert' before setting interaction to hold. Set fader type > click invert > change type into button.
Simone Defrancisco
"FADER/KNOB" part is incorrect... Make sure to follow settings from original post.
Type-button > set interaction-HOLD doesn't produce the invent check box. The only way I could make it work is w/ Fader/Knob. You can see in vid below.

Bart Shanon
I'll smoke some green. Stewe thank you very much.

I'll try toevening
Kellie Myrum
Add in > Modifier #1 > check INVERT > set type-FADER/KNOB > set interaction-DIRECT Add in > Modifier #1 > set type-button > set interaction-HOLD > set value-0
"FADER/KNOB" part is incorrect... Make sure to follow settings from original post.
Kellie Myrum
4:50 minutes of this video click the red button, I need that button in command. I have mapped the x1 need the red button command xxDD video http://www.djranking s.com/2011/02/0...treet-fighter/
You will need one modifier to replicate this. Map M1=1 (direct) for all the effect buttons and M1=0 (direct) for bank button (red). Now just add M1=1 for all FX on commands.
Simone Defrancisco
To force your fader/knob to set ^this^ values on start the modifier needs to be set in order to jump to value 1 when fader is in down position and to automatically switch value back to 0 once the fader is moved and to all the way up - return fader back to down position and BOOM the modifier value is back to 1. To set modifier behavior in the way I've described follow this steps:

Add in > Modifier #1 > check INVERT > set type-button > set interaction-hold > set value-1
Add in > Modifier #1 > set type-button > set interaction-direct > set value-0
I'm still trying to understand the concept. But here's what I mapped for the modifier behavior you described (I believe). Below in BOLD are the changes I made. Not sure if this is controller specific?

Add in > Modifier #1 > check INVERT > set type-FADER/KNOB > set interaction-DIRECT
Add in > Modifier #1 > set type-button > set interaction-HOLD > set value-0

Definitely interested in hearing more about the super knob trick you are describing. Also, still working on 2.6 MacroFX like we had discussed w/ this type of mod. Thx man.
Simone Defrancisco
"OH SHIT" Button - Use it if you have a track running out so you can mix out.

You can do the same thing by mapping Loop Set & Loop Size Selector commands. But this mapping gives you a beatmasher effect when you move Knob 3 to chop up the loop vs. the glitch sound you get when you move loop size around.

Add In > FX Unit > FX Unit Mode Selector / type-button / mode-direct / value-single
Add In > FX Unit > Effect Selector / type-button / mode-direct / value-Beatslicer
Add In > FX Unit > Dry/Wet / type-button / mode-direct / value-1.000
Add In > FX Unit > Unit On / type-button / mode-Toggle (or hold)
Add In > FX Unit > Button 3 / type-button / mode-Toggle (or hold)
Add In > FX Unit > Knob 3 / type-fader/knob / mode-direct
Add In > FX Unit > Knob 1 / type-button / mode-direct / value-0.000
Add In > FX Unit > Knob 2 / type-button / mode-direct / value-0.000

Make same FX unit assignment for all commands.
Bart Shanon
4:50 minutes of this video click the red button, I need that button in command.

I have mapped the x1 need the red button command xxDD

video http://www.djranking s.com/2011/02/0...treet-fighter/

Valeri Millstein
you are the best.

thank you very much for this help.
I'm glad someone found this useful. When I first started mapping things this thread would have been so helpful. Glad you can put it to use!
Bart Shanon
you are the best.

thank you very much for this help.
Valeri Millstein
I feel ya man, the only thing I like about S4 is jogwheel. Can't wait to see resolution on PL-1 platter.
Yea I like the CMD series its just... They have be haunted with low quality product. Im probably going to get a Livid CNTRL:R or a Xone K2. Maybe someday build my own.
Kellie Myrum
I feel ya man, the only thing I like about S4 is jogwheel. Can't wait to see resolution on PL-1 platter.
Valeri Millstein
AHHH! I hate how now all of the NI products wont let you use buttons with faders... "Inappropriate control my ass!

But my work around will be use a pad on my F1 to toggle everything, that pad also have a modifier that lights it up and allows a fader to change size.
Kellie Myrum
Hey guys try this out. It's sort of Beatmasher effect using loop roll in flux mode, all mapped to fader/knob:

Add In > Deck Common > Flux Mode On / type-button / interaction-hold
Add In > Deck Common > Loop > Loop Set / type-button / interaction-hold
Add In > Deck Common > Loop > Loop Size Selector / type-fader / interaction-direct / inverted
Valeri Millstein
HELL YEA! Thanks to our Minister of Mappings Stewe has helped me post all of the Instant Grat parameters!
Lynetta Stanislav
Thanks for this guys mapped a few of these already anyone got any more to try out.
Kellie Myrum
I'm working on it at this moment and must say this will be the super knob actually because all of three effects are NOT engaging at the same start value as in the case of smart knob that's posted in this thread (drama sweep 0.000) and my settings will include one modifier per fader FX. For example, one of three combos (flanger-flux + peak filter + reverb) requires different start points:

dry/wet= 0.600
fx1= 0.500
fx2= 0.400
fx3= 0.000

To force your fader/knob to set ^this^ values on start the modifier needs to be set in order to jump to value 1 when fader is in down position and to automatically switch value back to 0 once the fader is moved and to all the way up - return fader back to down position and BOOM the modifier value is back to 1. To set modifier behavior in the way I've described follow this steps:

Add in > Modifier #1 > check INVERT > set type-button > set interaction-hold > set value-1
Add in > Modifier #1 > set type-button > set interaction-direct > set value-0

Now, this setting are working for my CNTRL:R and I'm not sure if it'll do the same for your unit but principal should be the same - or I'm wrong? Once you got modifier act properly we can continue and I'll explain what's the super knob trick here.
Valeri Millstein
I'll be posting few pretty soon. It's replicate of DJTT S2 jogFX to fader FX. I'll be working on CNTRL:R mapping this days and as soon as it's finished I'll send you parameters for this stuff.
Legit Stewe, always can rely on the Minister of Mappings!
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by 0Notice
Any more smart knob ideas... Im totally trying to find some...
I'll be posting few pretty soon. It's replicate of DJTT S2 jogFX to fader FX. I'll be working on CNTRL:R mapping this days and as soon as it's finished I'll send you parameters for this stuff.
Valeri Millstein
Any more smart knob ideas... Im totally trying to find some...
Kellie Myrum
No worries

I could set it other way as it's originally mapped in MF mapping but this seems more simple and same effective.
Laurice Jessing
Omg, Thx Stewe, not believe of that, Nice
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Madsoldier
Question:
4 Button Masher Combo

Button 1:

Add in > FX Unit > Knob 1 > type button / mode-direct / value=0.600
Add in > FX Unit > Knob 2 > type button / mode-direct / value=1.000
Add in > FX Unit > Button 1 > type button / mode-hold

Why a Knob 2 if there is no Button 2, or am I wrong again. Pfff, hard to learn.
Knob 2 direct-1.000 is related to Transpose Stretch effect. It sets value to max to be ready for full sweep down when fourth button is pressed.
Laurice Jessing
ONotice, Thx, I have seen the video before, still learning.

Question:
4 Button Masher Combo

Button 1:

Add in > FX Unit > Knob 1 > type button / mode-direct / value=0.600
Add in > FX Unit > Knob 2 > type button / mode-direct / value=1.000
Add in > FX Unit > Button 1 > type button / mode-hold

Why a Knob 2 if there is no Button 2? Or am I wrong again. Pfff, hard to learn.

Button 3:

Add in > FX Unit > Effect Selector > type button / mode-direct / value=Beatmasher
Add in > FX Unit > Effect Selector > type button / mode-direct / value=Transpose Stratch

2 Effect Selector, only 1 Button and 1 Knop?
Valeri Millstein
Originally Posted by Madsoldier
Super Knob FX: Instant Build Up, Do I need a Button or a Knob? I want to do it with the Jog Wheel?

?: Add in > FX Unit > Modifier X / type- knob / mode-relative / rotary sensitivity - 10% / rotary acceleration - 0%: = Modifier X my Jog Wheel?
OK: Add in > FX Unit > Button 1 / type- button / mode-direct / value - 1 (I use Hold, is that ok?)
OK: Add in > FX Unit > Button 2 / type- button / mode-direct / value - 1 (I use Hold, is that ok?)
?: Add in > FX Unit > Button 3 / type- button / mode-direct / value - 1 / Modifier X - 3, I dont understand this?
?: Add in > FX Unit > Button 3 / type- button / mode-direct / value - 0 / Modifier X - 2, I dont understand this?
?: Add in > FX Unit > D/W Adjust / type- knob / mode-direct, (Do I need a Value? I don't have a knob, just button)
?: Add in > FX Unit > Knob 1 / type- knob / mode-direct, (Do I need a Value? I don't have a knob, just button)
?: Add in > FX Unit > Knob 2 / type- knob / mode-direct, (Do I need a Value? I don't have a knob, just button)
?: Add in > FX Unit > Knob 3 / type- knob / mode-direct, (Do I need a Value? I don't have a knob, just button)
Add in > FX Unit > FX Unit mode selector / type- button / mode-direct / value- group

please excuse me for the inconvenience but I'm trying to learn the mapping and it is verry hard.
Thx again
Making Jog ready FX is kind of difficult and can vary depending on your controller. I would recommend that you research how to map your jogs to FX, From there you can map it accordingly. Here is a video specify for this mapping, It is outdated but the information is great.

Valeri Millstein
Wow this tread is going great! I would like to thank everyone for their contributions!

Also how do people feel about me making a section in this thread where we can link great FX dedicated controller mappings? One where people can once again submit their own personal mappings. Let me know of any ideas!

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy