The Ultimate FX Thread

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: The Ultimate FX ThreadReply
The Ultimate FX Thread
Posted on: 19.11.2012 by Valeri Millstein
Introduction and Goals of "The Ultimate FX Thread"

This thread is going to be dedicated to posting an evolving list of FX parameters. Anyone who has any custom instant press, Super Fader, Super Knob or Jog FX mappings, please post them on here so others can learn how to map FX and eventually create their own. Thanks, lets hope this gets good feedback!

This thread now contains all of the Instant Gratification parameters!
Soon to have Jog FX parameters!

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

Post 2: Instant Press FX, Instant Grat

Post 3: Smart Knobs

Post 4: Jog Wheels

Post 5: Specials

Post 6: TSI Files
Valeri Millstein
Originally Posted by Stewe
Looks MFpro have been discontinued...
That's not okay with me.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by 0Notice
Agreed. I'm pretty much ready to sell off the 3D for a pro.
Looks MFpro have been discontinued...
Valeri Millstein
(oh why in the world did i post this early haha) please be patient

Modifiers are only two for now but using the MFpro shall eliminate usage of them hence the double CC and multiple note.
Agreed. I'm pretty much ready to sell off the 3D for a pro.
Valery Ellick

Modifiers are only two for now but using the MFpro shall eliminate usage of them hence the double CC and multiple note.
I can't promise I won't keep bugging you, but I"ll be as patient as I can!!!
I'm going to give it a try and see how close I can get.
Kellie Myrum

Valery Ellick
It's a little experiment and still working on that one bro. Keep an eye on this thread, will post all the parameters in early next year!
Stewe, you sneaky bastard!!
How about a hint? How many modifiers are you using?
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Xtian317
Nice one Stewe! Very clever way of using flux mode, macroFX and a superfader. I've been trying to find more creative uses (like this) for flux mode besides a glorified beat masher.

Would you mind being divulging some of the details? I'd be interested in integrating this into my MFPro mapping.
It's a little experiment and still working on that one bro. Keep an eye on this thread, will post all the parameters in early next year!
Valery Ellick
Nice one Stewe! Very clever way of using flux mode, macroFX and a superfader. I've been trying to find more creative uses (like this) for flux mode besides a glorified beat masher.

Would you mind being divulging some of the details? I'd be interested in integrating this into my MFPro mapping.
Tamra Millus
peace of cake...
Kellie Myrum
What fader basically did is to set 4 beat loop and engage flux mode once the fader goes up. From there the loop size decreases to /32 and once the minimum size is reached the effect combo start to kick in (F92-0, F92 and a Wormhole).
Tamra Millus
Like to share how you did that mapping?
Tamra Millus
Hoooly crap stewe! I want that in my mapping!!
Kellie Myrum
A little experiment with flux mode and loop effects.

Kellie Myrum
That's a Ramp delay - you know that I've posted it in this thread earlier?
Valeri Millstein
Thanks man! I will probably post some of the final results!

Also, for the dubfire delay that is the T3 Delay right?
Kellie Myrum

Go ahead and load the Spectra firmware into your 3D. You'd be able to discover all the FX combos in use.

MIDIfighter Spectra Ninja
Kellie Myrum
I have some of these in my Spectra mapping. I'll see if I can do a vid for tomorrow to help you with some ideas.
Valeri Millstein
Add parameter and set mode to inc/dec. Try different resolutions to find sweet sounding paterns and check 'auto repeat' so parameter are continues while buttons are held down.
Any ideas of cool Fx to do this with?
Kellie Myrum
Im not a big fan of the motion controls and I believe I will make them pretty simple and adjustable using the side buttons. Im just looking to create a page of FX that instead of traditional Instant Gratification they are more fluid and simulate moving a knob rather than just holding an effect. I want to recreate Jog Fx and the motion of them with just a button.
Add parameter and set mode to inc/dec. Try different resolutions to find sweet sounding paterns and check 'auto repeat' so parameter are continues while buttons are held down.
Valeri Millstein
Hey 0Notice, what effects you want to control in second page? You can assign unique modifier value (hold mode) for each of the buttons and apply those condition to parameter modulations so each effect can have unique motion control.
Im not a big fan of the motion controls and I believe I will make them pretty simple and adjustable using the side buttons. Im just looking to create a page of FX that instead of traditional Instant Gratification they are more fluid and simulate moving a knob rather than just holding an effect. I want to recreate Jog Fx and the motion of them with just a button.
Kellie Myrum
Hey 0Notice, what effects you want to control in second page? You can assign unique modifier value (hold mode) for each of the buttons and apply those condition to parameter modulations so each effect can have unique motion control.
Valeri Millstein
So guys! I am about to start working on a new MF3D mapping and I plan on putting two sets of Instant Press FX. One that is Instant Grat and then I am going to do a page that is instant press that have movement in the FX like the Tape Delay and such. Anyone have any pro tips for these Motion Grat Fx?
Shenna Colpetzer
Has anyone mapped the Z2 for combo fx i am just getting my head round it and have managed to combo them.
My intention to keep things simple is to have the fx and dry wet knobs all linked so they go from dry to wet simultaneously.
In view of them all being linked together anyone got any combos whereby this really works ( i am trying to keep my workflow simple and concentrate on mixing)
Has anyone mapped this unit yet for anything.
I have started mapping the crossfader to the loop recorder dry/wet as i never use it.

Thanks
Tennie Duggar
Originally Posted by MWagner
just wanted to add that using this effect on vocal loops running off the remix decks while playing minimal techno is freaking brilliant.
Would this mapping work on a S4? I guess using one of the remix decks play buttons will be OK and setting them with a switch button.. So maybe holding shift and pressing the delete loop from the recorder will change the buttons on the remix deck C to trigger these effects....

Maybe i am lost, but seems doable, right? Also, how is that the effect gets on the playing track? Do i have to map something to do that?

thanks...
Kellie Myrum
Really glad you like it guys! Just pulling out some tricks that I'm using in past couple of years... And don't you worry, all the mappings I've created didn't affect my emotional life
Tamra Millus
This is a short sample from my CNRTL:R Ninja mapping that's still under construction. Basic idea is to have all the sweet sounding supercombos available in a single button press.

i believe i just jizzed in my pants! I want that!!!

btw... Stewe! Promise all of us at djtt that you never get a girlfriend! We cant live without your mappings!
Cara Hospelhorn
Making Jog ready FX is kind of difficult and can vary depending on your controller. I would recommend that you research how to map your jogs to FX, From there you can map it accordingly. Here is a video specify for this mapping, It is outdated but the information is great.

So how does this work in 2.6.3? I've tried taking a look around but I really don't see anything that gets to the chained effects like shown in the video.
Valeri Millstein
Stewe, you never cease to amaze me!
Asia Ormsbee
Stewe 4 president ! nice readings , mapping is like endless puzzle

First steps are hard after that a nice worlds opens with tons op options love it.
Random X
Nice, and yesssssss!

(Like the way you're believeing when mapping! )
Kellie Myrum
Not really bro' but I have one Each FX sequence has eight beat count where any effect becomes automatically disengaged after the sequence is finished

Kill button is there just for times when I want to purposely interrupt it.

I'm glad that you dig it ninja!
Random X
I can only imagine you would like to have an abort button on that one as well? (And yes I like the Ninja part of the mapping. )
Kellie Myrum
This is a short sample from my CNRTL:R Ninja mapping that's still under construction. Basic idea is to have all the sweet sounding supercombos available in a single button press.

Valeri Millstein
Originally Posted by djemm1996
Hello! Any chance to map NanoPad2 X-Y Pad? I want to engage FX, when I touch X-Y pad and Traktor instantly turns on mine FX. Is it possible to map that?
On the NanoPad does if is sends 3 midi messages like most xy pads; The touch could be mapped to loading the FX and the Unit or button ons. The X and Y axis would be mapped to changing the FX unit knobs. I would start a new thread and see if anyone else has done this with this with your controller and see if anyone could really help out. Also checking to see if there is already a mapping set up with what you are looking for is a good idea because I have seen this controller on the community s a bunch!
Raphael Beyea
Hello! Any chance to map NanoPad2 X-Y Pad? I want to engage FX, when I touch X-Y pad and Traktor instantly turns on mine FX. Is it possible to map that?
Kayce Furumoto
hello there everyone, i just upgraded to Serato 2.5, now trouble with mini fx mapping & kontrol x1. when i go to use mini mapping on my X1 a drop down comes up but disappears quickly. but when i click on the the list with my mouse its stays open. i got used to holding down the shift and turning a knob to scroll but im at a loss. is there a way i can use the x1 to open the drop down and then scroll to the exf i want with out it closing so quickly. any help would be great. had posted this up before in Serato section but i figued i would try here as well.thanks
Jenine Dischinger
hey everyone,
i have a xone 4d mapping that i created that i can say is the best mapping for this mixer ever created. i've added Stewie's "dubfire ramp delay" mapping to it and its.. delicious.. for lack of better words.
if anyone want it, let me know!
Kathrine Maranto
Hi! Help me plz! I've done all instructions, and tried many mappings,but there is one problem, I cant see in Ableton and TRAKTOR's control manger MIDI In port and out port from my F1, only n/a or none(( Why? Thx for answering
Kellie Myrum
Stewe-
What are some scenarios where this feature will come in handy?
This feature comes handy not only for the modifiers but also for any other command that you need it to be affected on button release (note-off).
Valeri Millstein
What are some scenarios where this feature will come in handy?
One of the big ones for me will be FX combo resets upon release without having to use use a few commands.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy