The Ultimate FX Thread

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: The Ultimate FX ThreadReply
The Ultimate FX Thread
Posted on: 19.11.2012 by Valeri Millstein
Introduction and Goals of "The Ultimate FX Thread"

This thread is going to be dedicated to posting an evolving list of FX parameters. Anyone who has any custom instant press, Super Fader, Super Knob or Jog FX mappings, please post them on here so others can learn how to map FX and eventually create their own. Thanks, lets hope this gets good feedback!

This thread now contains all of the Instant Gratification parameters!
Soon to have Jog FX parameters!

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

Post 2: Instant Press FX, Instant Grat

Post 3: Smart Knobs

Post 4: Jog Wheels

Post 5: Specials

Post 6: TSI Files
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Xtian317
Sounds good! Are you going to post it?
Parameters are now included in video post.
Valery Ellick
Originally Posted by Stewe
Been messing with Tape Delay last evening trying to make a solution for control using one macro knob.

Sounds good! Are you going to post it?
Kellie Myrum
Been messing with Tape Delay last evening trying to make a solution for control using one macro knob.

This effect uses Tape delay in single unit mode and Transpose, Reverb and Peak filter in group unit mode. There is an order in layering effects in Traktor if we want other effects to play on top of others. It's very important to set Tape delay for example at Unit #1 and secondary effects in Unit #2 so #2 could modulate the sound of primary unit.

Effect ON/reset button (Unit #1):
Add In > FX Unit > Unit On / button-toggle
Add In > FX Unit > Button 2 / button-toggle
Add In > FX Unit > Button 3 / button-direct / value=0
Add In > FX Unit > Effect Selector / button-direct / value=Tape Delay
Add In > FX Unit > FX Unit Mode Selector / direct-Single
note: Before you engage the effect button 2 should be ON in order for mapped BUTTON to toggle between 'unit ON' and 'button 2' on each press.

Macro knob:
Add In > FX Unit > Dry/Wet / fader-relative / rotary sensitivity=80% ; acceleration=0% / Unit 1
Add In > FX Unit > Knob 1 / button-direct / value=0.620 / Unit 1
Add In > FX Unit > Knob 2 / button-direct / value=0.690 / Unit 1
Add In > FX Unit > Knob 3 / fader-direct / Unit 1
Add In > FX Unit > Dry/Wet / fader-relative / rotary sensitivity=65% ; acceleration=0% / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Knob 1 / fader-relative / rotary sensitivity=55% ; acceleration=0% / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Knob 2 / button-direct / value=0.050 / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Knob 3 / button-direct / value=0.850 / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Button 1 / button-hold / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Button 2 / button-hold / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Button 3 / button-hold / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Effect Selector / button-direct / value=Transpose Stretch / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Effect Selector / button-direct / value=Reverb / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Effect Selector / button-direct / value=Peak Filter / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > FX Unit Mode Selector / direct-Group / Unit 2
note: Before using this knob, Transpose should be set for 0.500
Lynetta Stanislav
@jthightower45

Is this the same as you were trying with your tsi as you were using 2 fx unit instead of 1
Simone Defrancisco
Originally Posted by Konix
Thanks, I made a video showing how to do all this for anyone else interested (also give thanks to you jthightower45 at the end of the video)...

Great stuff Konix! Thanks bro for making the vid and sharing.
Simone Defrancisco
Anyone have a better way to explain additional mods so we can keep building more ultimate FX? This is the best I could find, but I can't seem to grasp the idea fully. Squeezing Modifiers

I need to create commands dependant on more than 2 modifiers. Expecially using this "reset modifier" technique on 2 faders:
Add in > Modifier #1 > check INVERT > set type-button > set interaction-hold > set value-1
Add in > Modifier #1 > set type-button > set interaction-direct > set value-0
Jacquie Whipp
Yes, it comes close, but still not quite a 100% faithful reproduction of the original effect. Close enough though for most people. Seems when Hawtin does it the "pitch" of the delay changes also in addition to the speed up/down. If you use the third parameter ACCL button, that makes the speed up/down accelerate faster, which kind of gives it more of a pitch effect as well.
Kellie Myrum
@-Konix

Thanks for contributing this thread and taking time to make a video. Honestly, I tried many various parameters and just couldn't make it sound any close to Hawtin effect with Tape Delay in solo. The speed adjust works decent but effect itself should have better pitch and resonance to replicate it any close to original. What I did was to use Isolator FX applied to HI's and MID's, bit of Transform and F92 in single mode which produce a resonance do overall effect. I'll post a vid if I get any luck to improve the sound characteristic.
Mira Sabia
I'm using TTFX un group mode so Isn't like other two slots are wasted. It really isn't a big for me since I'm not using it frequently and the way mine is set suit nice since I use it right before buildup which takes a bit of time spend anyways.
ahhh, I hadn't considered using it in group mode..was too focused on using the "brake" button in single mode....ill experiment with that. Thanks for the heads up!
Jacquie Whipp
Originally Posted by jthightower45
Check on post #58 for more info: http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...?t=8545&page=6 I have my .tsi file w/ modifiers attached in the post.

Basically you use w/ tape delay in advanced mode.

Start with D/W at 0% and the FX unit should be "ON".
Map (1) button to turn on both buttons 2 & 3 on teh FX unit.
Alsp map that same button to turn off the FX unit when pressed.
So when Button 2 & 3 are active the unit is turned off, when released unit turns back on.
Map a knob or fader for D/W control and anotehr for Knob 3 control.
After turning on button 2 & 3 you work in the effect w/ D/W and change it's speed w/ Knob 3.
Enjoy!
Thanks, I made a video showing how to do all this for anyone else interested (also give thanks to you jthightower45 at the end of the video)...

Kellie Myrum
I'm using TTFX un group mode so Isn't like other two slots are wasted. It really isn't a big for me since I'm not using it frequently and the way mine is set suit nice since I use it right before buildup which takes a bit of time spend anyways.
Mira Sabia
That seems to be the only way I had thought about just mapping the 4 smart knobs to load up the TTFX on the "side" whenever I use them, but the last thing I want to do is waste an FX unit that way, especially if I'm using it for something else...definitely not ideal, but it doesn't seem like any other option is there
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by rafiq
Speaking of this....though it seems impossible with the TTFX in Traktor. The effect does not work instantaneously when you engage it during a buildup....somehow has to buffer audio then drops the effect a whole bar later.
You are correct. It takes eight beats for TTFX buffer to record the track before it can be used and there is no workaround for this. I've set TTFX selector in to B/B/R mode PAD so when I select this mode it instantly loads it and gives me some time to mess with effects before dropping TTFX. Maybe that helps a bit.
Mira Sabia
Maybe I'll come up with a variation of the same effect. I'm just finishing 'build/brake/release' effect mode for my CNTRL"R ulima tool where I'm gonna drop this Tape delay build in one of the pads. Main idea is to use eight pads to select and activate groups of effects and use two faders for modulation the parameters. Then I have four other pads mapped for release effect feature which applies secondary effects on top of presets and disengages it - similar to rmx1000.

Tape delay will sit there pretty nice.
Speaking of this...I've been trying to do something similar for a while now on my XoneK2 except using smart knobs instead of pads...basically having 4 knobs for buildups like the main knob on the rmx-1000 and using modifiers to place the 4 knobs in multiple banks to change what group of effects they use and how they sweep them. In regards to the "disengaging," I've been looking for more ideas..mapping something like a freeze echo disengage was easy...but I've had no luck emulating TT brake disengage on the rmx-1000 as it seems impossible with the TTFX in Traktor. The effect does not work instantaneously when you try to drop it during a buildup....somehow has to buffer audio then drops the effect a whole bar later. I can't seem to find a workaround for this. Any thoughts? I've read people use pitch bend to emulate the effect...but it always sounds like garbage, and it interrupts the playback of the song throwing off the timing of things.
Simone Defrancisco
Maybe I'll come up with a variation of the same effect. ..... Main idea is to use eight pads to select and activate groups of effects and use two faders for modulation the parameters. Then I have four other pads mapped for release effect feature which applies secondary effects on top of presets and disengages it - similar to rmx1000.
Nice man. Sorry I didn't have time to post in the format we've been running. Funny thing Stewe, I believe we are mapping a similar kind of functionality on our controllers. LOL. Thx for rebuidling Hawtin effect for the community .

Whatever other stuff you want to share I'd like to learn. I just expanded my K2 that has 6 pads to select & activate groups by adding a modifier to give a total of 12 pads. Defiantley what to get everyone's insights so I can fill everything up w/ solid FX.
Kellie Myrum
Maybe I'll come up with a variation of the same effect. I'm just finishing 'build/brake/release' effect mode for my CNTRL"R ulima tool where I'm gonna drop this Tape delay build in one of the pads. Main idea is to use eight pads to select and activate groups of effects and use two faders for modulation the parameters. Then I have four other pads mapped for release effect feature which applies secondary effects on top of presets and disengages it - similar to rmx1000.

Tape delay will sit there pretty nice.
Valeri Millstein
Let's keep this on topic and share actual parameters

TSI's could be nice addition tho.
He he.. Thats why I want the file to I can type everything up the right way... Still not working. Ohh well.
OHH and stewe do you have the parameters for the Dubfire Fx?
Kellie Myrum
Let's keep this on topic and share actual parameters

TSI's could be nice addition tho.
Simone Defrancisco
Originally Posted by 0Notice
No, the Traktor File.
see if this works: Hawtin Effect.tsi

I'm trying cleaning up this mapping, so I will post something else as soon as it's done.
Valeri Millstein
The audio file? I posted on my google drive and should work for anyone w/ link.
Try pasting this in your browser: docs.google.com/file/d/0B6CPtvZ230XBR25ra0FKUDNhZUk/edit
No, the Traktor File.
Simone Defrancisco
Sounds GREAT but... The File downloads as a .xml repost bro!
The audio file? I posted on my google drive and should work for anyone w/ link.
Try pasting this in your browser: docs.google.com/file/d/0B6CPtvZ230XBR25ra0FKUDNhZUk/edit
Valeri Millstein
Check on post #58 for more info: http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...?t=8545&page=6 I have my .tsi file w/ modifiers attached in the post.

So when Button 2 & 3 are active the unit is turned off, when released unit turns back on.
After turning on button 2 & 3 you work in the effect w/ D/W and change it's speed w/ Knob 3.

Here's an example of what it it sounds like: Ritchie Hawtin Effect Audio Clip

Also, Stewe posted a Dub Fire sound effect on the same thread, post #40, and a nice vid example.

Enjoy!
Sounds GREAT but... The File downloads as a .xml repost bro!
Simone Defrancisco
In Traktor when assigning a knob to a button on a controller you can tell it to increase or decrease, from there you can change the amount of increase speed.
rdej47: also done forget to select auto-repeat. For example ----> Screen Shot 2013-02-04 at 10.20.01 AM.jpg
Valeri Millstein
Originally Posted by rdej47
Hey guys one things been confusing me about the instant grat mapping. How did they get the transpose shift knob to move all on its own from a button press. I read through the djtt article on the super combos but they never touch on that part.
In Traktor when assigning a knob to a button on a controller you can tell it to increase or decrease, from there you can change the amount of increase speed.
Johnsie Kingrea
Hey guys one things been confusing me about the instant grat mapping. How did they get the transpose shift knob to move all on its own from a button press. I read through the djtt article on the super combos but they never touch on that part.
Simone Defrancisco

Here's an example of what it it sounds like: Ritchie Hawtin Effect Audio Clip

Also, Stewe posted a Dub Fire sound effect on the same thread, post #40, and a nice vid example.

Enjoy!
Haywood Billmeier
There is Masher combo posted in this thread.
Yes I know (and thank you for that one) but I wanna recreated all the combo's from the instant gratification mapping. Now I just got the basic and the one combo (kinda like in this thread http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...uper+combo%27s

If not mistaken all the combo's are discrebed here http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...t=super+combos and here who to "create" them http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=24757

Now just the right parameters and I can puzzle it out from there on (I hope : )
It probably will not work in the same way as the real IG mapping since the have tonns of hold functions and other stuff I'm not really getting yet but considering the fun I'm having wiht just the basic, well combos seems like extra fun

The upper four buttons I'm using to select the fx-unit for the decks (each button selects the 4 unit /deck) and the also reset all the modifiers. Seems like the easiest way to get it going and not screwing everything to hell. Like the explain here http://www.djranking s.com/2011/02/0...rs/#more-10799 I whould use a modifier for each combo.
Haywood Billmeier
Yes I know, that's then only one I can map already (thank you btw for that one)(and thanks for a very quick reply aswell
It's the other combo's that I can't get my head around...
I know from this thread* what the combo's are but what effect do they generate and the specifics of the effects.
Are the effects the ones from this thread** are something else, like I sayd, a little lost

http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=24757*
http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...1#post345821**
Kellie Myrum
Haywood Billmeier
Trying to recreater the instant gratification mapping on my akai mpd32, since it has 16 pad I thought I should be posible.
The parameters found in this thread helped me a lott (like everything : ) to get the "standard" effect buttons in order.
Now I wanna start with the combo's but I can't find any parameters, I looked at a lott of mapping to find the parameters in there but so far without succes.

I must admit that the 4banks mode of the midifighter confuses me. The way I mapped the akai is that I use the 4 upper buttons to select the fx units for the decks. Also these 4 buttons resest the modifers in the same time.
I did this because it seemd the easiest way to map the combo's, that way I can always reset the modifiers with out any worries.
Maybe I'm doing it totaly wrong but I must say I'm having tonns of fun with just the "standard" effect setting like there mapped now, now just some combo's for more cool effects whould make it perfect

So, combo's parameters anyone ?
Bart Shanon
Thanks stewe
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by bobg
when I change the effect mode is activated effects

because?
It's Traktor bug. I have workaround using inverted button command - press (change mod) ; release (deactivate effect).
Bart Shanon
I managed to put the lights on the x1

when I change the effect mode is activated effects

because?

more combos and jog buttons effects?
Simone Defrancisco
Great for trance breakdowns. Not sure if I can simplify this chained effect on my XoneK2, or make it sound better w/ different parameters, etc.

Basically I
Werner Bile
Setting modifier as fader direct/relative isn't reliable. Meaning, when you save the tsi and re-import it accuracy might get lost from my experience.

Other thing - not every type of slider/pot has same resolution so same rotary sensitivity wont affect mapping exactly the same. Same goes for jog encoders.
thanks!
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by MWagner
One other question on this, with the rotary sensitivity set on 10% won't the modifier only go from 0 to 1? When I tried it the sensitivity needed to be at least 15% in order for the modifier state to ever reach 2 and 3. Or am I just missing something?
Setting modifier as fader direct/relative isn't reliable. Meaning, when you save the tsi and re-import it accuracy might get lost from my experience.

Other thing - not every type of slider/pot has same resolution so same rotary sensitivity wont affect mapping exactly the same. Same goes for jog encoders.
Werner Bile
Smart Knob FX

Instant Build Up

Add in > FX Unit > Effect Selector 1 / type-button / mode-direct / value- Iceverb
Add in > FX Unit > Effect Selector 2 / type-button / mode-direct / value- Peak Filter
Add in > FX Unit > Effect Selector 3 / type-button / mode-direct / value- Reverb
Add in > FX Unit > Modifier X / type- knob / mode-relative / rotary sensitivity - 10% / rotary acceleration - 0%
Add in > FX Unit > Button 1 / type- button / mode-direct / value - 1
Add in > FX Unit > Button 2 / type- button / mode-direct / value - 1
Add in > FX Unit > Button 3 / type- button / mode-direct / value - 1 / Modifier X - 3
Add in > FX Unit > Button 3 / type- button / mode-direct / value - 0 / Modifier X - 2
Add in > FX Unit > D/W Adjust / type- knob / mode-direct
Add in > FX Unit > Knob 1 / type- knob / mode-direct
Add in > FX Unit > Knob 2 / type- knob / mode-direct
Add in > FX Unit > Knob 3 / type- knob / mode-direct
Add in > FX Unit > FX Unit mode selector / type- button / mode-direct / value- group

Make same FX unit assignment for all commands.

Submitted by: 0Notice
One other question on this, with the rotary sensitivity set on 10% won't the modifier only go from 0 to 1? When I tried it the sensitivity needed to be at least 15% in order for the modifier state to ever reach 2 and 3. Or am I just missing something?
Kellie Myrum
stewe eres grande tio this is the big men
Actually I am - 198cm
Valeri Millstein
I'm very happy, you are the best. Thank you very much to all, I am learning to be mapped. is incredible I only need to put the lights midi x1 mode. thank you very much people

0Notice thanks
Good luck with your mappings!
Bart Shanon
I'm very happy, you are the best. Thank you very much to all, I am learning to be mapped. is incredible I only need to put the lights midi x1 mode. thank you very much people

0Notice thanks

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy