The Ultimate FX Thread

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: The Ultimate FX ThreadReply
The Ultimate FX Thread
Posted on: 19.11.2012 by Valeri Millstein
Introduction and Goals of "The Ultimate FX Thread"

This thread is going to be dedicated to posting an evolving list of FX parameters. Anyone who has any custom instant press, Super Fader, Super Knob or Jog FX mappings, please post them on here so others can learn how to map FX and eventually create their own. Thanks, lets hope this gets good feedback!

This thread now contains all of the Instant Gratification parameters!
Soon to have Jog FX parameters!

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

Post 2: Instant Press FX, Instant Grat

Post 3: Smart Knobs

Post 4: Jog Wheels

Post 5: Specials

Post 6: TSI Files
Kellie Myrum
The first button in bottom row is mapped for peak filter but it comes inverted so it makes that nice sweep down when you hit it. Other three buttons are just beat mashers with three different value.
Lynetta Stanislav
Thanks Stewe going to map this toevening what was the button you pressed on the bottom row.
Kellie Myrum
Thanks mate! I've added parameters in post under the video.
Lynetta Stanislav
Stewe that sounds amazing can you share the commands for the buttons you have used.
Kellie Myrum
This is an effect that Dubfire uses a lot. I believe it pretty cool for making transitions between tracks or for spicing up tracks on the fly.

Make sure to set FX Unit in to single effect mode

Button 1:
Unit On = hold
Button 2 = 0
Button 3 = 1
D/W = 0.550
Knob 1 = 0.700
Knob 2 = 0.350
Knob 3 = 0.500

Button 2:
Unit On = hold
Button 2 = 0
Button 3 = 1
D/W = 0.550
Knob 1 = 0.700
Knob 2 = 0.350
Knob 3 = 0.650

Button 3:
Unit On = hold
Button 2 = 0
Button 3 = 1
D/W = 0.550
Knob 1 = 0.700
Knob 2 = 0.350
Knob 3 = 0.800

Button 4:
Unit On = hold
Button 2 = 0
Button 3 = 1
D/W = 0.550
Knob 1 = 0.700
Knob 2 = 0.350
Knob 3 = 0.950
Kellie Myrum
The 2.6 and 2.6.1 are sharing the same mappings. Pretty sure...

Mira Sabia
2.6.1 which is the latest release.

Odd that they would make such a peculiar change on this release . But the picture I provided CLEARLY shows the invert option is not there and that a modifier IS necessary. At least that is the case if it's set to Button-Direct (only option available for a keyboard mapping). Fader/Knob on a controller would allow for invert, but in the case of mapping a keyboard, the invert option is only available when I change it to Button-reset or inc/dec (both of which useless for my intended purpose). Are you sure you have the same settings that I've shown in the image?
Valeri Millstein
Originally Posted by Stewe
rafiq,

Which Traktor version you're running? I found 2.6 being able to invert Cue Type Selector. So, no modifier needed to achieve your goal.
Stewe Is right here the modifier is unnecessary.
Kellie Myrum
rafiq,

Which Traktor version you're running? I found 2.6 being able to invert Cue Type Selector. So, no modifier needed to achieve your goal.
Mira Sabia
Hey Stewe,

This may or may not be of help, but just to clarify, I was having the same issue as GinjA. I wanted to map 5 buttons on my keyboard that simultaneously perform 2 functions:

Place a Hotcue (Set Cue and Store as Next Hotue)
Set Cue type (Cue Type Selector)

...so that I could have dedicated buttons to instantly place cue, loop, fade-in/out, load markers etc. in a track at the touch of a button. This initially caused many problems for me due to the fact that on many occasions "Cue Type Selector" would trigger before "Set Cue and Store as Next Hotcue", thus changing the cue type of the LAST hotcue I had already placed. The only way to fix this is to have "Cue Type Selector" be inverted and occur after the cue has been placed...which is not possible as Traktor gives no invert option for this. I had originally tried your suggestion of setting a modifer to the trigger button with mode-hold and having "Cue Type Selector" conditioned to that modifier, but it unfortunately d seem to work. Here is the workaround that did eventually work for me.

Instead of :

Modifier / type-button / mode-hold / value 1

map the same button twice

Modifier / type-button / mode-direct / value 1
Modifier / type-button / mode-reset / Option-invert

This allowed me to invert a button that doesn't have the invert check box available. Hoping someone else can confirm this works for them...but here is a snapshot from traktor (wish Xtreme mapping supported keyboard templates )

Maria Valderrama
I want to map buttons to start FX and then use the encoder knob to change it. How do I do this? I don't really have any idea how to do mappings, but am a quick learner. I basically want to build an entire mapping for the F1 so it compliments the MF instagrat mapping (using FX that aren't triggered by the MF basically)

Thanks
Kellie Myrum
That's what I'm talking about... Only 8 modifiers per device is pretty limiting. What you could do is to add new mapping device to get another set of modifiers and map supercombo in there.
Bethann Gix
There is a workaround using another modifier which must be mapped to same button where that inverted button suppose to be.

Now make that same inverted command as before and dedicate modifier condition from above. Let me know...
And if I have already used all 8 modifiers? I have quite a number of layers in my mapping already...

At the moment my only solution is having the last button as a toggle and then press it a second time to deactivate the "super" effect.

I've also found the affect sounds really good when adding in a slight reverb or wormhole from another FX Unit.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by GiNjA
Is there any other work around? Even if it is a few more lines of coding.
There is a workaround using another modifier which must be mapped to same button where that inverted button suppose to be.

Now make that same inverted command as before and dedicate modifier condition from above. Let me know...
Bethann Gix
You are welcome m8, glad you find use!

I believe somebody asked it before in this thread but I'll explain it again for ya. When adding command you want to make acting as 'direct/invert' you need to set type as Fader/Knob where the INVERT button is available... Then if you re-type command to Button type and set direct with value it should act inverted because you have had inverted it in first step. Hope that make sense.

Looking forwards to seeing something you can share as well! Cheers.
Thanks for the reply, I still can't seem to map this correctly. When using mapping button 3 I only get the option of controller type -> button, modes direct/toggle/hold. I tried to put it on toggle, select invert and then change to direct, but it still acts like a direct on pressing the button. So it turns off when pressing, not releasing. Could this be a limitation in my controller or what? I'm very confused about why I cannot see the same options as you. Is there any other work around? Even if it is a few more lines of coding.
Valeri Millstein
Also at 0Notice, if you could please proof read the code you have in the first page it would be really appreciated. There are quite a few simple spelling errors and coding errors that I can see are incorrect, but some more inexperienced computer users might not and just end up confusing themselves. Examples are "Istant Press Effects" and the 2 should be a 3 in the second line of >
"Add in > FX Unit > Button 3 > modCon - M1=3 / type-button / mode-hold
Add in > FX Unit > Button 2 > type-button / mode-direct (inverted) / value=0"

Thanks a lot guys,
I look forward to adding anything I come up with into this thread to share.
Thanks for pointing those errors out to me, only helps make a better thread, fixed em'

Also I would explain the invert but... Looks like Stewe got it! Glad it helped!
Kellie Myrum
Hey Stewe,

Firstly I want to say thanks for the great work you guys have put into this thread, it has really helped me.
You are welcome m8, glad you find use!

However, I'm trying to implement the 4 Button Masher and have gotten it all perfect except for finding out how to invert a direct command. I am using traktor 2.6.1 and there is no invert option on Direct or a Direct (inverted) mode. I have tried multiple workarounds, managing to solve the Modifier commands, but when I do the combo the effects don't disable. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
I believe somebody asked it before in this thread but I'll explain it again for ya. When adding command you want to make acting as 'direct/invert' you need to set type as Fader/Knob where the INVERT button is available... Then if you re-type command to Button type and set direct with value it should act inverted because you have had inverted it in first step. Hope that make sense.

Looking forwards to seeing something you can share as well! Cheers.
Bethann Gix
Hey Stewe,

Firstly I want to say thanks for the great work you guys have put into this thread, it has really helped me.

I am just starting with Traktor and moving over from VDJ. I'm using a M-Audio Xponent and have a lot of flexibility with my mapping. I have figured out most of what's going on and have gotten a pretty decent mapping so far.

However, I'm trying to implement the 4 Button Masher and have gotten it all perfect except for finding out how to invert a direct command. I am using traktor 2.6.1 and there is no invert option on Direct or a Direct (inverted) mode. I have tried multiple workarounds, managing to solve the Modifier commands, but when I do the combo the effects don't disable. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Also at 0Notice, if you could please proof read the code you have in the first page it would be really appreciated. There are quite a few simple spelling errors and coding errors that I can see are incorrect, but some more inexperienced computer users might not and just end up confusing themselves. Examples are "Istant Press Effects" and the 2 should be a 3 in the second line of >
"Add in > FX Unit > Button 3 > modCon - M1=3 / type-button / mode-hold
Add in > FX Unit > Button 2 > type-button / mode-direct (inverted) / value=0"

Thanks a lot guys,
I look forward to adding anything I come up with into this thread to share.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by balakoth
Well I replicate the params that you posted. And possibly only the "Transpose" default setting is off as im not exactly sure where I set that. But regardless it sounds alot more washed out when I use it compared to your video, and the effect is definately not the same. I should probably look into some screen/audio capture software :/
This combo uses one button and one knob and all the commands are grouped. At the end of every line it says which FX unit is it assigned for so this should be pretty straight forward.
Shawn Vanhaitsma
Originally Posted by sicnarf033
ic, would a better option be to get x1? the reason why i came on this thread was to find advanced combos for the s4 that you guys might have.
I put my vote in for the Xone K2. I own two for Traktor and love them. And none of this button to knob limitation I keep hearing about?
Delfina Suedmeyer
ic, would a better option be to get x1? the reason why i came on this thread was to find advanced combos for the s4 that you guys might have.
Valeri Millstein
i have an s4. have no idea how to map this correctly. anyone with an s4, know where they map these functions to?
I Own a S4 and setting stuff up for it is a pain... I would recommend you find my S4 jog fx mapping or use scamos builder to make your own.
Delfina Suedmeyer
i have an s4. have no idea how to map this correctly. anyone with an s4, know where they map these functions to?

i can figure out where to put type, mode, and value but would like to know if theres a standard button on controller they use to map it to.
Shawn Vanhaitsma
Which part you're troubling with?
Well I replicate the params that you posted. And possibly only the "Transpose" default setting is off as im not exactly sure where I set that. But regardless it sounds alot more washed out when I use it compared to your video, and the effect is definately not the same. I should probably look into some screen/audio capture software :/
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by balakoth
That mapping unfortunately does not seem to wnat to play nice with me.. its a shame. SOunds very nice.
Which part you're troubling with?
Shawn Vanhaitsma
If you're saying about Tape delay post you can find vid and parameters at Page 10, post #99. Otherwise please be more specific.
That mapping unfortunately does not seem to wnat to play nice with me.. its a shame. SOunds very nice.
Kellie Myrum
could you send me the link? going through the thread and just trying to learn all these fx but if theres a video for them. it would help since i am a visual learner. thanks!
If you're saying about Tape delay post you can find vid and parameters at Page 10, post #99. Otherwise please be more specific.
Delfina Suedmeyer
Parameters are now included in video post.
could you send me the link? going through the thread and just trying to learn all these fx but if theres a video for them. it would help since i am a visual learner. thanks!
Valeri Millstein
Anyone have a great Jog Fx macro?
Jayme Biechy
I read they were pre-production renders...

Anisa Fourte
So you're using another software to make it happen?
Exactly, it's a program I've used for a while to map my gaming mouse to controls for ProTools hotkeys a long time ago, but I just realized they are now including MIDI into their programming options with the latest updates. It's a very easy to use and SUPER versatile program that allows a lot of things that may have never been possible before. I want to test some things out before I really hype it toooooooo much, and just haven't had much time. That's why I'm just looking for ideas to test out right now. If this works out the way I'm believeing it can, the possibilities are truly endless with this. Stewe, I did believe of you first when I thought of who might be a great person to help me test this. I'll send you a message with some details.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by TreTuna
And yes I said super, not smart...
So you're using another software to make it happen?
Valeri Millstein
Originally Posted by TreTuna
I need some Super-Knob/Fader mapping ideas... And yes I said super, not smart... As I've figured out a way to program super-knobs/faders through software without the need of hardware such as the midifighter. In fact, this method will allow you to use it with ANY HID/MIDI device. Testing things out right now and will clue you in shortly, but for now, looking for ideas to test with!
The first thing I would do with that is a dry/wet of an Delay and then when all the way down trigger button 2 on the fx unit. This would create an echo out.

Another cool thing would be a beatmasher, then when all the way down a transpose sweep.

I have a few other ideas. Once you get it working let Stewe or I know, we would help you out with the mapping.

I would be interested in figuring out the method behind this and adding to the thread maybe a future Super Knob Category.
Anisa Fourte
I need some Super-Knob/Fader mapping ideas... And yes I said super, not smart... As I've figured out a way to program super-knobs/faders through software without the need of hardware such as the midifighter. In fact, this method will allow you to use it with ANY HID/MIDI device. Testing things out right now and will clue you in shortly, but for now, looking for ideas to test with!
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by MiDi 4 PLAY
I am having trouble mapping the jog wheel FX. I have made several attempts, but failed every time. I wanted to create my own. Would i have to remap the entire controller? Or could i just modify my current set up. Kind of like how Ean Golden did his TSI.
What you're having trouble with? Which controller do you use?
Sherman Kinseth
I am having trouble mapping the jog wheel FX. I have made several attempts, but failed every time. I wanted to create my own. Would i have to remap the entire controller? Or could i just modify my current set up. Kind of like how Ean Golden did his TSI.
Kellie Myrum
You sure do if you want this workaround in all the modifier states you got there
Valery Ellick
Unit on or button 1,2,3... Same goes for both. And modifier? I didn't include any, what do you mean?
I mean the modifiers that I use for some of my FX. Do I need one for every modifier condition?
Kellie Myrum
Unit on or button 1,2,3... Same goes for both. And modifier? I didn't include any, what do you mean?
Valery Ellick
FX on / click invert / button-direct / value=0

FX on / button-direct / value=0
FX Store Preset

Map ^both^ to Effect selector knob. That should do it
By FX on do you mean "Unit On" and do you mean "False" instead of 0 because my only options are true false.

Do these have to be done for each modifier value?

Thanks!

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy