The Ultimate FX Thread

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: The Ultimate FX ThreadReply
The Ultimate FX Thread
Posted on: 19.11.2012 by Valeri Millstein
Introduction and Goals of "The Ultimate FX Thread"

This thread is going to be dedicated to posting an evolving list of FX parameters. Anyone who has any custom instant press, Super Fader, Super Knob or Jog FX mappings, please post them on here so others can learn how to map FX and eventually create their own. Thanks, lets hope this gets good feedback!

This thread now contains all of the Instant Gratification parameters!
Soon to have Jog FX parameters!

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

Post 2: Instant Press FX, Instant Grat

Post 3: Smart Knobs

Post 4: Jog Wheels

Post 5: Specials

Post 6: TSI Files
James Beling
Here are 4 smart knob FX. Some old, some new. Watch the video to see them in action.

1) (armyofme drama sweep)
Group: Iceverb+Peak Filter+Reverb
Single: Delay

2) (Bouncing Wind)
Group: Digital LoFi+Formant Filter+Beatmasher 2

3) (Zoom Wow)
Group: Reverse Grain+Peak Filter+Iceverb

4) (Howl Fizz)
Group: Mullholand Drive+Transpose Stretch+Peak Filter

Simone Defrancisco
Originally Posted by Stewe
....Nice work, keep em coming
Yeah man! For sure.

Originally Posted by 0Notice
Added a Jog Fx Post and a Specials where Jthightower45's "Laser Stretch" now resides!
Thanks ONotice. I'll add some of the other parameters to the mapping that I used in the vid. Great idea w/ the Specials section.
Kellie Myrum
Great! You can add my Tape Delay vid with all the parameters in to specials as well
Valeri Millstein
Added a Jog Fx Post and a Specials where Jthightower45's "Laser Stretch" now resides!

Edit: Also changed the title colors to be more readable!
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by jthightower45
Here's the vid I promised w/ Techno. It's ~5mins of MR. BIZZ - CONSEQUENCE (OG Mix) showing various FX parameters building on the original FX mapping I posted in #111:

That's Awesome! Stretch is probably the most sick effect in Traktor ever, I had similar sound to it in past versions using Transpose in single effect mode but this is more like it. I like it with Peak Filter for longer transitions and dropping a Gater on top to sort of chop it up.

Nice work, keep em coming
Simone Defrancisco
....Definitely suit great for techno....Your turn mate
Here's the vid I promised w/ Techno. It's ~5mins of MR. BIZZ - CONSEQUENCE (OG Mix) showing various FX parameters building on the original FX mapping I posted in #111:

Mira Sabia
Just a thought...but if you're willing to take the plunge, you can always use something like MidiPipe (free) to make your buttons or knobs send multiple notes (superknob). It's quite easy to use and not much of a hassle at all...only caveat is that it has to be running in the background. I haven't made anything too complex with it yet in that regard, but it'd be great to see what creative possibilities people come up with using it.
Valeri Millstein
Ean Golden Jog Peak/Delay FX Edit: Made for S4

All of the 0Notice Jog Fx will be mapped with Group Fx on Unit 1 and Single on Unit 2.

FX Unit mode selector > Fx Unit 1 > Button > Direct > Group
FX Unit mode selector > Fx Unit 2 > Button > Direct > Single

All Assigned to Jog Touch:

Effect 1 Selector > Fx Unit 1 > Button > Direct > Beatmasher 2
Effect 2 Selector > Fx Unit 1 > Button > Direct > Peak Filter
Effect 1 Selector > Fx Unit 2 > Button > Direct > Delay
Button 1 > Fx Unit 1 > Button > Hold
Button 2 > Fx Unit 1 > Button > Hold
Dry/Wet Adjust (Fx Unit) > Fx Unit 1 > Button > Direct > 1
Knob 1 > Fx Unit 1 > Button > Direct > .5
Knob 2 > Fx Unit 1 > Button > Direct > .6
Unit On > Fx Unit 2 > Button > Hold
Dry/Wet Adjust (Fx Unit) > Fx Unit 2 > Button > Direct > .25
Knob 1 > Fx Unit 2 > Button > Direct > .1
Knob 2 > Fx Unit 2 > Button > Direct > .1
Knob 3 > Fx Unit 2 > Button > Direct > .3

All Assigned to Jog Encoder:

Dry/Wet adjust (Fx Unit) > Unit 1 > Encoder > Relative > R.S. = 70% > R.A = 0%
Knob 1 > Unit 1 > Encoder > Relative > R.S. = 100% > R.A. = 0%
Knob 2 > Unit 1 > Encoder > Relative > R.S. = 90% > R.A. = 0%

How do you guys like the formatting for the Jog Fx?
Simone Defrancisco
Originally Posted by neilmcm
@jthightower45 , to map the last 2 MacroFx Combos I need 4 buttons and 2 faders/knobs .
What's up Friday slackers? Shouldn't you be working or something? LOLOLOL @Stewe, viper9711, 0Notice, Xtian317

neilmcm, the beatmasher needs (4) buttons, and the super combo just needs (1) w/ the faders controlling each MacroFX value.
Valeri Millstein
Sure they could, just group them by controller names to overcome confusion.
Okay, I am going to write down my Jog Wheel FX as I make them, currently I only have one done since I just finished de-bugging the architecture and LED Outs.
Kellie Myrum
Sure they could, just group them by controller names to overcome confusion.
Valeri Millstein
TSIs are definitely going to be my next task! Thanks Stewe for all the help in getting this tread started!

Edit: Also, do you thing Jog wheel FX should be posted on here since the Encoder speed should be specific to different controllers?
Kellie Myrum
Legit. Link?
Here's the link. Look under Advanced DJ Reading Material.

http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=3545

That is how a super knob works. The midifighter pro uses this in their firmware. With with just normal midi messages sadly nope.
My BCD3000 also have one of those

superfader.JPG

Valeri Millstein
Originally Posted by rdej47
Just wondering if it's to map an FX button or knob to activate when a knob reaches a certain value.

What I'm trying to do is have a delay trigger when the Key Knob reaches the lowest value and then reset when I release my button. Is this possible?
That is how a super knob works. The midifighter pro uses this in their firmware. With with just normal midi messages sadly nope.
Valeri Millstein
This thread is now added to DJTT FAQ. Thanks to everybody who contributed
Legit. Link?
Johnsie Kingrea
Just wondering if it's to map an FX button or knob to activate when a knob reaches a certain value.

What I'm trying to do is have a delay trigger when the Key Knob reaches the lowest value and then reset when I release my button. Is this possible?
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Xtian317
I've actually been looking through the mapping at my office today (instead of working )...still working on getting it to work with my S2 and MF3D).
I'm headed to lunch right now, but can post them when I get back (if someone hasn't already beat me to the punch).
Thanks Christian,

I want to replicate superfader effects on CNTRL:R and use Spectra for cue juggling (when it arrives). Would be nice to know which effects are mapped in each of four presets and if you could post them all that would be great help.
Valery Ellick
Anybody out there who can tell which effect combos are used in MF Cue Master superfaders?
I've actually been looking through the mapping at my office today (instead of working )...still working on getting it to work with my S2 and MF3D).
I'm headed to lunch right now, but can post them when I get back (if someone hasn't already beat me to the punch).
Kellie Myrum
Anybody out there who can tell which effect combos are used in MF Cue Master superfaders?
Kellie Myrum
This thread is now added to DJTT FAQ. Thanks to everybody who contributed
Valery Ellick
Cool! I'll look to come up with something as well
This is a great thread! Thanks for all the work, guys.
Lynetta Stanislav
@jthightower45 , to map the last 2 MacroFx Combos I need 4 buttons and 2 faders/knobs .
Simone Defrancisco
Another MaroFX combo, same process as in my post #111 yesterday in this thread:

Beatmasher 2 / Wormhole / PolarWind - All on the same FX unit in group mode.

D/W set at 100% (direct-hold)
Beatmasher w/ (4) buttons each launching parameter values at 50%, 70% 90%, & 100% (Hold-on)
Wormhole w/ a Fader controlling 50-100% of parameter value.
PolarWind w/ a fader controlling 50-100% of paramerter value.
Faders have to be in realitve mode w/ sensitivity @70% and accelertion @0%
(1) Button (hold-on) to turn on both MacroFX. **Note MacroFX are not active if paramter value is at 50%.
Start w/ faders are all the way down and parameter value 50% initially before controlling.

Stewe: I'm getting other parameters added to Beatmasher/LaserSlicer/Strretch(slow) combo from yesterday and will post a vid when I'm done mapping it. That combo is so sick, great w/ tech like you said.
Kellie Myrum
BAM! Done! And added a Table of Contents!

Soon I will buy a cheep video camera so I can demonstrate the FX... I have plans!
Cool! I'll look to come up with something as well
Valeri Millstein
@0notice
Maybe you can take one of reserved posts and name it as TSI section?
BAM! Done! And added a Table of Contents!

Soon I will buy a cheep video camera so I can demonstrate the FX... I have plans!
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by jthightower45
Did some experimenting w/ Beatmasher 2 / LaserSlicer / Strrretch (slow) - All on the same FX unit in group mode.
LaserSlicer and Strrreth are both new marco FX in TP2.6.

Beatmasher w/ (4) buttons each launching parameter values at 50%, 70% 90%, & 100% (Hold-on)
LaserSlicer w/ a Fader controlling 50-0% of parameter value (inverted control)
Strrretch w/ a fader controlling 50-100% of paramerter value.
(1) Button (hold-on) to turn on both MacroFX. **Note MacroFX are not active if paramter value is at 50%.
Start w/ faders are all the way down and set LaserSlicer and Strretch at parameter value 50% initially before controlling.

Map it real quick and check it out. With the long range of a fader you can create some wicked sounds, machine like, can't really explain it but crazy.

Use the beatmasher at 90% then 100% to repeat a beat and build back into your track or just before a drop as you get close to 50% w/ MacroFX.
I did play with this effects combination but as instant button effects. Definitely suit great for techno.

Quick vid Stewe?
Your turn mate
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by viper9711
@Stewe
What do you believe about one .tsi File with all basic-combos? So everyone had just to "learn" his own Midi channel and command. The description can be post in the comment field like my picture shows. I believe this very helpful for mapping-beginners
Hey viper,

I believe that posting all parameters is better way for people to learn how mappings actually works and what each controller type and interaction mode does. But yes, that could be nice addition as I mentioned before.

@0notice
Maybe you can take one of reserved posts and name it as TSI section?
Valeri Millstein
Originally Posted by viper9711
@Stewe
What do you believe about one .tsi File with all basic-combos? So everyone had just to "learn" his own Midi channel and command. The description can be post in the comment field like my picture shows. I believe this very helpful for mapping-beginners

FX Preset´s.jpg
Its a really good idea and we have addressed if TSI Files will be a thing or not, Hopefully we will have them up. When I am done with my 0Knotrol S4 Mapping I might give this a shot!
Donella Bentch
@Stewe

FX Preset´s.jpg
Bart Shanon
then I will try the new combos, which are looking good
Simone Defrancisco
Did some experimenting w/ Beatmasher 2 / LaserSlicer / Strrretch (slow) - All on the same FX unit in group mode.
LaserSlicer and Strrreth are both new marco FX in TP2.6.

LaserSlicer w/ a Fader controlling 50-0% of parameter value (inverted control)
Strrretch w/ a fader controlling 50-100% of paramerter value.
Start w/ faders are all the way down and set LaserSlicer and Strretch at parameter value 50% initially before controlling.

Map it real quick and check it out. With the long range of a fader you can create some wicked sounds, machine like, can't really explain it but crazy.

Use the beatmasher at 90% then 100% to repeat a beat and build back into your track or just before a drop as you get close to 50% w/ MacroFX.

Quick vid Stewe?
Kellie Myrum
Good thing today is the day I make my S4 Jog FX mapping... This is going to take me a little while but I am hoping to have 16 FX This tape delay will be one of them! The 0Kontrol S4 Mapping is currently in production!
Nice! Looking forward to seeing it as well as some of those 16 effect parameters you can come with. You can add Tape delay build along with my vid in front page.
Valeri Millstein
Cheers guys! I believe this effect would probably suit better as JogFX but wanted to make a knob version anyways
Good thing today is the day I make my S4 Jog FX mapping... This is going to take me a little while but I am hoping to have 16 FX This tape delay will be one of them! The 0Kontrol S4 Mapping is currently in production!
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by rafiq
Just tested it out and it actually works very very well. I set a shifter to make the reset button a "setup" button that resets unit 1 button 2 to On and unit 2 transpose stretch to 0.5
That's nice pattern, I got something similar in my mapping.
Mira Sabia
Just tested it out and it actually works very very well. I set a shifter to make the reset button a "setup" button that resets unit 1 button 2 to On and unit 2 transpose stretch to 0.5
Kellie Myrum
Cheers guys! I believe this effect would probably suit better as JogFX but wanted to make a knob version anyways
Simone Defrancisco
Originally Posted by neilmcm
@jthightower45 ... Is this the same as you were trying with your tsi as you were using 2 fx unit instead of 1
Yes, that is the same idea. I got it to work w/ trial & error in that .tsi file. But what I've been working on at the moment, I'm getting stuck with. I'm believeing I need to expand on my mods to open things up a bit. Especially using Stewe's "reset mod" technique.
Simone Defrancisco
SICK! Excellent work Stewe, and love how the sound has evolved w/ more depth & effects in the vid.
Lynetta Stanislav
@Stewe Going to add this toevening you a mapping genius thanks again .
Mira Sabia
wow, I love it! Adding it to my bank of knobs now...thanks for coming up with this!

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy