The Ultimate FX Thread

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: The Ultimate FX ThreadReply
The Ultimate FX Thread
Posted on: 19.11.2012 by Valeri Millstein
Introduction and Goals of "The Ultimate FX Thread"

This thread is going to be dedicated to posting an evolving list of FX parameters. Anyone who has any custom instant press, Super Fader, Super Knob or Jog FX mappings, please post them on here so others can learn how to map FX and eventually create their own. Thanks, lets hope this gets good feedback!

This thread now contains all of the Instant Gratification parameters!
Soon to have Jog FX parameters!

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

Post 2: Instant Press FX, Instant Grat

Post 3: Smart Knobs

Post 4: Jog Wheels

Post 5: Specials

Post 6: TSI Files
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Djtalism
That's right i change all note on maschine and Channel , i h
Nia Hippen
Originally Posted by Stewe
Ensure that channel, button interaction mode and MIDI note assignments are the same in both of preset files - then you'd be able to workaround any re-mapping and simply load tekken's F1.

Cheers for feedback.
Kellie Myrum
Nia Hippen
Ensure that channel, button interaction mode and MIDI note assignments are the same in both of preset files - then you'd be able to workaround any re-mapping and simply load tekken's F1.

Cheers for feedback.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by francescouk
There's no way for us to have (4 Button Ramp Delay) mapping translated as add in -> structure?? Same as Instant Press FX?? The other effects I could manage ok ... but this one...
All of effect related commands are in one place and easy to find so I haven't bother to include the prefix in the line. but here's where you should look at:

Add In > FX Unit
Darrell Justice
Hey mate, this is very good tutorial to help you learn some of basic mapping concepts that you'll find necessary for this buttons.

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...nsive-Tutorial

Ensure to enable MIDI mode in your F1 before doing any mappings. (shift+browse)

There's no way for us to have (4 Button Ramp Delay) mapping translated as add in -> structure?? Same as Instant Press FX?? The other effects I could manage ok ... but this one...
Kellie Myrum
Hey mate, this is very good tutorial to help you learn some of basic mapping concepts that you'll find necessary for this buttons.

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...nsive-Tutorial

Ensure to enable MIDI mode in your F1 before doing any mappings. (shift+browse)
Darrell Justice
4 Button Ramp Delay

This is an effect that Dubfire uses a lot. I believe it pretty cool for making transitions between tracks or for spicing up tracks on the fly.

Make sure to set FX Unit in to single effect mode

Button 1:
Unit On = hold
Button 2 = 0
Button 3 = 1
D/W = 0.550
Knob 1 = 0.700
Knob 2 = 0.350
Knob 3 = 0.500

Button 2:
Unit On = hold
Button 2 = 0
Button 3 = 1
D/W = 0.550
Knob 1 = 0.700
Knob 2 = 0.350
Knob 3 = 0.650

Button 3:
Unit On = hold
Button 2 = 0
Button 3 = 1
D/W = 0.550
Knob 1 = 0.700
Knob 2 = 0.350
Knob 3 = 0.800

Button 4:
Unit On = hold
Button 2 = 0
Button 3 = 1
D/W = 0.550
Knob 1 = 0.700
Knob 2 = 0.350
Knob 3 = 0.950

Can someone help me map this effects on tractor f1? I've tried myself but no luck
I never done this b4 so maybe that's why im finding really difficult....
Kellie Myrum
Nia Hippen

Cheers for feedback.
Kellie Myrum

Cheers for feedback.
Nia Hippen
hi guys,
very nice job for all and for life of thread .
is it possible to use tekken F1 mapping for a maschine mk2 but just the fx mode ? or i should make my own mapping for maschine mk 2 ? i believe i just have to copy paste th fx pad section ?! what did you believe?
thx for your contributions
Charline Dye
Here's an easy one. Change the "drama sweep" chained fx to Slot 1- Reverb T3, Slot 2- Formant Filter, Slot 3- Iceverb

This turns any audio into a wind storm.

If you already have the drama sweep mapped, you can use this and the original for 2 different sounding sweeps.
Hortencia Kasselman
Yeah, I found that out with multiple LED stuff etc.. I use one partition for Traktor only and everything is optimized for audio usage. Using an i5 2,5 GHz with 8 GB RAM, so I hope, I won
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Ryukyu
Stewe, you are nuts. Happy New Year to you too!

I didn
Hortencia Kasselman

I didn
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by DJSteveLozzi28
Stewe - does the kill button apply to the MF3D? If so, how would I map a single button to act as the 'kill switch' on the effects that are on? I'm believeing about finally mapping my 4th bank on my 3D mapping and this would be a great add on, along with your 4 button ramp delay.

I'm actually trying to build the mapping like the RMX-1000 with a few builds, breakdowns and the kill effect would be awesome.

Let me know.

Thanks.
Off course. That switch applies to any button that sends note-on when pressed and note-off by releasing the button.
Nila Ragonese
Originally Posted by 0Notice
Yeah just use modifiers!
I guess my real question was how to do it with modifiers?
Valeri Millstein
Originally Posted by Toast
Is it possible to map all 3 super knob fx to 1 knob?
using 1 button to toggle through the 3 separate super knob FX?
Yeah just use modifiers!
Loyce Mekonen
Been messing with Tape Delay last evening trying to make a solution for control using one macro knob.

This effect uses Tape delay in single unit mode and Transpose, Reverb and Peak filter in group unit mode. There is an order in layering effects in Traktor if we want other effects to play on top of others. It's very important to set Tape delay for example at Unit #1 and secondary effects in Unit #2 so #2 could modulate the sound of primary unit.

Effect ON/reset button (Unit #1):
Add In > FX Unit > Unit On / button-toggle
Add In > FX Unit > Button 2 / button-toggle
Add In > FX Unit > Button 3 / button-direct / value=0
Add In > FX Unit > Effect Selector / button-direct / value=Tape Delay
Add In > FX Unit > FX Unit Mode Selector / direct-Single
note: Before you engage the effect button 2 should be ON in order for mapped BUTTON to toggle between 'unit ON' and 'button 2' on each press.

Macro knob:
Add In > FX Unit > Dry/Wet / fader-relative / rotary sensitivity=80% ; acceleration=0% / Unit 1
Add In > FX Unit > Knob 1 / button-direct / value=0.620 / Unit 1
Add In > FX Unit > Knob 2 / button-direct / value=0.690 / Unit 1
Add In > FX Unit > Knob 3 / fader-direct / Unit 1
Add In > FX Unit > Dry/Wet / fader-relative / rotary sensitivity=65% ; acceleration=0% / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Knob 1 / fader-relative / rotary sensitivity=55% ; acceleration=0% / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Knob 2 / button-direct / value=0.050 / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Knob 3 / button-direct / value=0.850 / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Button 1 / button-hold / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Button 2 / button-hold / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Button 3 / button-hold / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Effect Selector / button-direct / value=Transpose Stretch / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Effect Selector / button-direct / value=Reverb / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Effect Selector / button-direct / value=Peak Filter / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > FX Unit Mode Selector / direct-Group / Unit 2
note: Before using this knob, Transpose should be set for 0.500
I feel sooo dumb... I can't for the life of me manage to properly map this to my F1 in midi mode. I made a shift button to load everything on units 3 and 4 (unit 3 for Tape Delay and unit 4 for the other effects). For some reason it just won't work... I either have a complete mess or I'm missing something obvious. At least mapping everything on that list didn't make the tape delay knob 3 (speed) move at all and on the group effects only transpose stretch moves...

I'd appreciate any help puhhleeease

edit: I managed to somewhat getting it right this time. At least the tape delay part... Now... are the reverb and peak filter knobs supposed to move? cause mine don't move at all...
Valeri Millstein
Looks MFpro have been discontinued...
That's not okay with me.
Kellie Myrum
Agreed. I'm pretty much ready to sell off the 3D for a pro.
Looks MFpro have been discontinued...
Valeri Millstein

Feel free to post your stuff man. This thread is all about inspiring people to get more from Traktor effects!

we need more cool updates to keep this thread rocking.
Kellie Myrum
I've started one for the Spectra that's still under construction. When I have more time I'll look into it more and once it's perfect I'll share to community for sure. Maybe NI would beat to it

Feel free to post your stuff man. This thread is all about inspiring people to get more from Traktor effects!

we need more cool updates to keep this thread rocking.
Hortencia Kasselman
Yeah, I found that out with multiple LED stuff etc.. I use one partition for Traktor only and everything is optimized for audio usage. Using an i5 2,5 GHz with 8 GB RAM, so I hope, I won
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Ryukyu

I didn
Hortencia Kasselman

I didn
Nia Hippen

Nice best wishes !
Kellie Myrum

Jamee Zaborny
No worries, I'm glad to help. This is important line: Button 2 = 0
Stewe - I guess I needed a evening of sleep. I am 99.99% positive I set it to zero but it wasnt working. Tweaked a few things this morning and got it to work perfectly.

Thanks again! Really appreciate the help...
Kellie Myrum
No worries, I'm glad to help. This is important line: Button 2 = 0
Jamee Zaborny
This is an effect that Dubfire uses a lot. I believe it pretty cool for making transitions between tracks or for spicing up tracks on the fly.

Make sure to set FX Unit in to single effect mode

Button 1:
Unit On = hold
Button 2 = 0
Button 3 = 1
D/W = 0.550
Knob 1 = 0.700
Knob 2 = 0.350
Knob 3 = 0.500

Button 2:
Unit On = hold
Button 2 = 0
Button 3 = 1
D/W = 0.550
Knob 1 = 0.700
Knob 2 = 0.350
Knob 3 = 0.650

Button 3:
Unit On = hold
Button 2 = 0
Button 3 = 1
D/W = 0.550
Knob 1 = 0.700
Knob 2 = 0.350
Knob 3 = 0.800

Button 4:
Unit On = hold
Button 2 = 0
Button 3 = 1
D/W = 0.550
Knob 1 = 0.700
Knob 2 = 0.350
Knob 3 = 0.950
Stewe - sorry I'm bugging ya all week. Mapped it per your parameters, but it's working only like a freeze...what am I missing...obviously, I added the other aspects as far as FX on, FX selector, etc.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks!
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by DJSteveLozzi28
Stewe - does the kill button apply to the MF3D? If so, how would I map a single button to act as the 'kill switch' on the effects that are on? I'm believeing about finally mapping my 4th bank on my 3D mapping and this would be a great add on, along with your 4 button ramp delay.

I'm actually trying to build the mapping like the RMX-1000 with a few builds, breakdowns and the kill effect would be awesome.

Let me know.

Thanks.
Off course. That switch applies to any button that sends note-on when pressed and note-off by releasing the button.
Jamee Zaborny

Let me know.

Thanks.
Nila Ragonese
Yeah just use modifiers!
I guess my real question was how to do it with modifiers?
Valeri Millstein
Originally Posted by Toast
Yeah just use modifiers!
Nila Ragonese
Loyce Mekonen
Ahh good to know then! I was getting really frustrated... Thanks!
Kellie Myrum
Nope. The reverb and peak filter should just add some space and flavor to overall effect.
Loyce Mekonen
Been messing with Tape Delay last evening trying to make a solution for control using one macro knob.

This effect uses Tape delay in single unit mode and Transpose, Reverb and Peak filter in group unit mode. There is an order in layering effects in Traktor if we want other effects to play on top of others. It's very important to set Tape delay for example at Unit #1 and secondary effects in Unit #2 so #2 could modulate the sound of primary unit.

Effect ON/reset button (Unit #1):
Add In > FX Unit > Unit On / button-toggle
Add In > FX Unit > Button 2 / button-toggle
Add In > FX Unit > Button 3 / button-direct / value=0
Add In > FX Unit > Effect Selector / button-direct / value=Tape Delay
Add In > FX Unit > FX Unit Mode Selector / direct-Single
note: Before you engage the effect button 2 should be ON in order for mapped BUTTON to toggle between 'unit ON' and 'button 2' on each press.

Macro knob:
Add In > FX Unit > Dry/Wet / fader-relative / rotary sensitivity=80% ; acceleration=0% / Unit 1
Add In > FX Unit > Knob 1 / button-direct / value=0.620 / Unit 1
Add In > FX Unit > Knob 2 / button-direct / value=0.690 / Unit 1
Add In > FX Unit > Knob 3 / fader-direct / Unit 1
Add In > FX Unit > Dry/Wet / fader-relative / rotary sensitivity=65% ; acceleration=0% / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Knob 1 / fader-relative / rotary sensitivity=55% ; acceleration=0% / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Knob 2 / button-direct / value=0.050 / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Knob 3 / button-direct / value=0.850 / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Button 1 / button-hold / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Button 2 / button-hold / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Button 3 / button-hold / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Effect Selector / button-direct / value=Transpose Stretch / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Effect Selector / button-direct / value=Reverb / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > Effect Selector / button-direct / value=Peak Filter / Unit 2
Add In > FX Unit > FX Unit Mode Selector / direct-Group / Unit 2
note: Before using this knob, Transpose should be set for 0.500
I feel sooo dumb... I can't for the life of me manage to properly map this to my F1 in midi mode. I made a shift button to load everything on units 3 and 4 (unit 3 for Tape Delay and unit 4 for the other effects). For some reason it just won't work... I either have a complete mess or I'm missing something obvious. At least mapping everything on that list didn't make the tape delay knob 3 (speed) move at all and on the group effects only transpose stretch moves...

I'd appreciate any help puhhleeease

edit: I managed to somewhat getting it right this time. At least the tape delay part... Now... are the reverb and peak filter knobs supposed to move? cause mine don't move at all...

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy