S4 - What to carry it in

S4 - What to carry it in
Posted on: 10.10.2010 by Julissa Serrone
Aside from the case meant for it, how do you guys plan on transporting your S4. I'm looking for a cool looking packpack that it will fit in, withough having to drop major bucks. Was looking at one of the old UDG bags, but I believe it's about an inch too small. Any ideas?
Julianna Riecken
There is another section for your laptop on the back of the bag and it's well padded it's a zip section, if you scroll back on this topic a few pages I posted a few pictures which a store sent me
Tijuana Slome
Oh, external links is prohibited? Fixed.
Bridget Liner
^^ was just going to ask the same thing except with a less spammy looking link. It looks like the bag only has one main compartment.
Tijuana Slome
Hi all,

By Gator S4 bag you mean Gator G-CLUB CONTROL?

And I have a question about it. Does it have separate section for laptop or one big section for all stuff? I concerned that if I put my laptop and S4 into one section S4 will scratch my laptop...

Thanks in advance.
Rosina Steinkuehler
Fusion just got their shipment of workstation bags into the states. The distributor called and is shipping mine out today.

If anyone wants one of these bags contact http://www.asfabmusic.com/

Will provide some pics and info once the bag arrives next week.
Julianna Riecken
Another +1 for the Gator Bag, Got mine this morning, Great build quality especially for the price!
Elliot Serres
^Thanks Chilly. Ive been away for to long on the carrying issues.
Nick Ross
UDG just released a whole crapload of stuff, including a backpack for the S4. Check it out on DJDeals.com
Kristofer Krauel
I got my 17" Acer in with my s4 and headphones no problem!! And the Acer is a BIG 17".
Shelia Salzsieder
Would a 17inch laptop fit in the Gator back along with the S4? Or is there only room for the S4 and headphones?
Hailey Westen
Originally Posted by kooper1980
@IrishBlaggerd - i flew with Ryanair and my Gator bag had my S4, 17 inch laptop, headphones, usb cable and RCA cable. All came in under the 10kg limit and had no problems at check in.
SWEET... cheers for that. just what i wanted to hear/read,
im even more glad i got the gator bag now
Kristofer Krauel
@IrishBlaggerd - i flew with Ryanair and my Gator bag had my S4, 17 inch laptop, headphones, usb cable and RCA cable. All came in under the 10kg limit and had no problems at check in.
Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by IrishBlaggard
anyone have storys of taking the S4 on an air plane as hand baggage ?
what bag, what air line,what was in the bag (laptop/headphones/cables etc) and did you have any trouble getting it trough security ???

mainly id like to if anyone flew with ryanair ?

I posted my solution a while back, but no-one picked up on it (perhaps it didn't have the correct name / label for some).
#
However I do fly almost every weekend to some place or other and usually with the lowcost companies (promoters are getting tight now).

I use a CabinMax bag (found on eBay) with some added 1" foam, and don't have problems in customs. Curious questions, stopping for photos and the occasional drug/explosives swipe (which takes 2 mins) but nothing more than that.

I take a 17" laptop, S4, 2xSC2000, Audio8 plus cables etc. and don't have problems.

It also doesn't look like an expensive "steal me" gear bag, just a regular backpack, so leaving the venue and wandering the streets after a gig isn't a problem either.
Hailey Westen
Originally Posted by MLT
Just had my Gator bag delivered, can't recommend it enough, fantastic bag for a great price.
+1

i just got mine delivered today too, and i believe its great,
looks and fels the part. nice padding all round too
Luella Mckenrick
Just had my Gator bag delivered, can't recommend it enough, fantastic bag for a great price.
Rosina Steinkuehler
Can anyone share where to purchase a fusion bag in the USA? Having a hard time finding a site that carries them that I would trust. TIA.
Iliana Seanor
Originally Posted by rishi
No no flaws or problems, but havent used it very much. Seems fine to me. Maybe not the most durable thing but it seems ok to me. No issues.

Sorry, wasnt aware of the no stock issue.
Thanks, good to know!

I placed my order in May and it was cancelled a week later. The bag has been out of stock since then.
Twyla Hilst
So an advice when you travel with that kind of huge bags in that kind of Lowcost companies: come early to check in, try to be in the first people to get in the plane...
Hailey Westen
Originally Posted by Maxledaron
I flew with the Fusion Bag with Easyjet (same size of handluggage than ryanair), had no problem, except in Berlin airport, security took me appart to check if there was TNT on my S4, made me arrive late in the plane, had to give my bag to the hostess who put it in the luggage compartment...
thats good to know... thanks for the feedback
Ignacio Rutner
No no flaws or problems, but havent used it very much. Seems fine to me. Maybe not the most durable thing but it seems ok to me. No issues.

Sorry, wasnt aware of the no stock issue.
Twyla Hilst
Originally Posted by IrishBlaggard
what bag, what air line,what was in the bag (laptop/headphones/cables etc) and did you have any trouble getting it trough security ???

I flew with the Fusion Bag with Easyjet (same size of handluggage than ryanair), had no problem, except in Berlin airport, security took me appart to check if there was TNT on my S4, made me arrive late in the plane, had to give my bag to the hostess who put it in the luggage compartment...
Iliana Seanor
Originally Posted by rishi
Meanwhile I have the DJTT bag and I believe it is a no brained for general carrying.
Me and I guess a lot of others are waiting for the DJTT bag to re:released. When they cancelled all orders, they explained that they wanted to improve the design and quality of the bag. Have you experienced any flaws/problems with your bag?
Ignacio Rutner
Originally Posted by Lecko
UDG have just released a back pack for the pioneer controllers, it looks ridiculously big!

Think it's gona have to be the fusion for me, unless when I phone HTFR today they've got the Gator bag back in
We have the Pioneer official ones at work. They are massive. Good quality. Expensive and huge!!
Julianna Riecken
UDG have just released a back pack for the pioneer controllers, it looks ridiculously big!

Think it's gona have to be the fusion for me, unless when I phone HTFR today they've got the Gator bag back in
Ignacio Rutner
59 pages and counting and we are still talking about what to carry the S4 in!!

I love my S4 but the length of this thread suggests that the s4 is just in that in-between size. Small enough to consider being portable but to big to be easily transported anywhere in 'backpack mode'.

The T1 must be too big because you don't see anybody talking about trying to get it in a carry bag!!!

Meanwhile I have the DJTT bag and I believe it is a no brained for general carrying. Nervous it won't go on cabin baggage though. I also have a custom slim line hard case (posted some pics a while back) which is fine to check in and much smaller than the NI one. However not as cool to carry as a bag.
Hailey Westen

Celine Surico
Yes, that's why I navigated towards the DJ Fusion Workstation one, more padding is always a big plus. Anyone else have any horror stories of trying to board flights in USA or Europe/Asia/Australia with a Dj Fusion workstation bag?
Francina Decosse
I haven't tried bording with the fusion as a hand luggage yet, but i believe it will fit most of the aircrafts i've seen(if it's not really overfilled).

It's a fact that the bag is getting really fat & heavy when loaded with gear and cables, but is very solid and convenient in both backpack and shoulder mode. There's so much padding and the protection is relatively high. I really like the bag!

The most compact I've seen (on pics at least) is the DJTT one. Don't know if it fits the allowed size on the low budget air companies in Europe, but if it doesn't than you need to give up on the S4 and change it to something smaller or maybe a component setup with a 12" mixer & two X1s (or other).

I've compared the physical sizes of the Fusion and the UDG/Traktor trolley, and the Fusion could definitely be packed tighter (although the trolley looks more compact due to it's brick shape). The trolley, on the other hand, has the size of the common frequent traveler's bags, which are usually cabin baggage. Since most airlines usually allow the size of these trolleys, I see no reason why the fusion would not be allowed or won't fit ...
Celine Surico
Originally Posted by kooper1980
The fusion looks good but bear in mind it's no use if you are gonna travel by air round Europe. Ryan air and Monarch definitely won't let that bag on as hand luggage. If this isn't an issue for you then it's a great looking bag.
...sigh. are there any hand-held bags for S4 that any airline will accept? I somehow doubt that's the case, airliners make money on luggage, peanuts and sodas nowadays.
Kristofer Krauel
The fusion looks good but bear in mind it's no use if you are gonna travel by air round Europe. Ryan air and Monarch definitely won't let that bag on as hand luggage. If this isn't an issue for you then it's a great looking bag.
Celine Surico
Originally Posted by loop
get the Fusion DJ Workstation, man!

they should have a stock somewhere near by you. You won't regret it!
The distributor told me it's out of stock just now, more in September (this is USA.) Yes, looks like a really good solution for S4. I'm always for systems with as much padding and semi-soft side parts as possible.
Francina Decosse
get the Fusion DJ Workstation, man!

they should have a stock somewhere near by you. You won't regret it!
Julianna Riecken
epic fail, did not fit, should have done though according to the measurements online.
Julianna Riecken
Yeh it's a shame the Traktor trolley has no back pack straps, hoping this covers all bases, should do with a bit of foam inside for the s4
Random X
Looks awesome man. Had to look a few times to realize it wasn't the Traktor trolley bag.
Julianna Riecken
The measurements seem ok, should be here tomorrow at some point so if I get time to get it gig ready I'll post some pics
Hailey Westen
I've just ordered this, as I can't get the Gator one anywhere for about 3 weeks in the UK and need a solution this week, plus I could do with something like this for holidays anyway, once I've got the S4 and kit in it I'll post some pictures, I plan on using to pad it out a bit inside first. Oh and the bargain price of
Julianna Riecken
thediscdjstore2010 on eBay said 3 weeks before he had some, but others may have some sooner

HTFR haven't had a delivery for 3 weeks and don't know when they will, as did Soundware and Production Room

Thomann have some in stock, but delivery time is to tight to be guaranteed it will be here
Luella Mckenrick
I've just ordered this, as I can't get the Gator one anywhere for about 3 weeks in the UK and need a solution this week,
Has a UK stockist told you they will have the gator bags in 3 weeks? If so who was it?
Julianna Riecken
I've just ordered this, as I can't get the Gator one anywhere for about 3 weeks in the UK and need a solution this week, plus I could do with something like this for holidays anyway, once I've got the S4 and kit in it I'll post some pictures, I plan on using to pad it out a bit inside first. Oh and the bargain price of

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy