S4 - What to carry it in

S4 - What to carry it in
Posted on: 10.10.2010 by Julissa Serrone
Aside from the case meant for it, how do you guys plan on transporting your S4. I'm looking for a cool looking packpack that it will fit in, withough having to drop major bucks. Was looking at one of the old UDG bags, but I believe it's about an inch too small. Any ideas?
Tijuana Slome
I believe that we should prepare a FAQ about bags for S4, put it in topic start and stick this topic, it will be usefull.
Patience Conliffe
again from facebook. New sleeve for the S4. Also looking good, and cheap...70 bucks

Nick Ross
UDG 22" Roller

I bought it the day it was available and have been on multiple flights (12+) with it since
Patience Conliffe
yea the bag looks pretty good, check this link:
http://www.facebook.com/notes/record...04490346228387
Bertha Fathy
That's a pretty nifty looking bag Gnatsch. Link for info? And yeah, the Gator Bag DOES look to be able to be carried onto a plane. I believe this is partially going to come down to price, ha.
Patience Conliffe
just saw this new flightbag on facebook. The bag should have also space for a notebook as well as cables and other accessories. looks good

Julianna Riecken
I believe it is, going back a few pages in this thread will answer the question
Bertha Fathy
I don't remember if I asked, but that Gator bag IS plane carry-on friendly, yes?
Julianna Riecken
I've used my Gator bag for gigs now quite a few times and it's spot on! For the price I don't believe it can be beaten,

I get in,

S4 & Power Adapter
Midi Fighter
2 x Small Surge Protctors
4 x USB Cables
1 x Phonos to Jacks
1 x Phonos to Phonos
1 x Phonos to Mini Jack
13" MacBook & Power Adapter
4 x Bits of foam
Headphones

Plus other bits, like, paracetamol, hand cleanser, gum, ear plugs, pens, notepad
Mariano Godina
I don't own an S4 anymore, but when i did i had the magma studio gig bag.

the S4 does fit inside it, but it's very tight and doesn't leave much room for anything else. (it has it's pockets etc of course)

If i was in anyones shoes getting an S4 bag, i would probably go with the dj tech tools one to be honest, that seems to be the best i've seen when i was hunting around for one.

hope that helps anyone, and i'm not hating on the magma bag owners, just my opinion.

Tom
Patience Conliffe
Glennis Cartin
It may have been said before, but the DJTT Bag is an awesome option!

My girlfriend very nicely bought me one for my birthday, and having taken it to a gig last evening , I can say it's a rock solid piece of gear!

It looks and feels very professional, and holds a ton of stuff (just see smiTTTen's video!)

My only criticism however is the size of the laptop compartment. To be fair, I have a VERY large laptop (with an oversized battery). Also, my Pioneer HDJ-1000 headphones would not fit in the gear compartment collapsed in their bag - I had to fold them flat, without the bag, for them to fit in.

However, this is a rock solid piece of gear, and I can see myself using it for a long, long time! Highly recommended!
Random X
Magma Studio GigBag is my preferred bag of choice.
Kristofer Krauel
Check back a few pages. I posted pics of the gator bag with my s4. It's perfect and yes it will keep out some light drizzle!! :-)
Bertha Fathy
The Gator G-Club Control doesn't zip though which worries me a little. Does water stay out if, worst case, there's a slight rain when going from A to B? And it's interior dimensions are just shy of the S4 length. Does anyone here have one with a few pictures of their S4 inside for comparison?
Nicole Warsop
Originally Posted by nicoga3000
I'm going to somewhat necrobump this. I'm in the market for a bag, but it has to be able to be carried on the airplane. I primarily fly Southwest (my mother works for them, so all of us in the family get free buddy passes), so I'd be carrying it along with a small carry-on bag as my personal item. No checked luggage for me. Even if I did, I'd still want this as a carry-on since I don't trust them down below.

Anyone have any suggestions? The DJTT bag looks awesome, but I'm not sure if it will work for this. I have a 13" MBP, my S4, and I intend to get a MF at some point. Throw in some cables and headphones as well (which will probably go in my main bag anyways, so no worries there).
The Gator G-Club Control is what you're looking for.
Ok Moroski
Get a duffel bag, toss a sweatshirt around the S4... Done.
Bertha Fathy
I'm going to somewhat necrobump this. I'm in the market for a bag, but it has to be able to be carried on the airplane. I primarily fly Southwest (my mother works for them, so all of us in the family get free buddy passes), so I'd be carrying it along with a small carry-on bag as my personal item. No checked luggage for me. Even if I did, I'd still want this as a carry-on since I don't trust them down below.

Anyone have any suggestions? The DJTT bag looks awesome, but I'm not sure if it will work for this. I have a 13" MBP, my S4, and I intend to get a MF at some point. Throw in some cables and headphones as well (which will probably go in my main bag anyways, so no worries there).
Jodi Garff
received the bag. it was really a tight fit for the s4. I am going to return it.
\

going to get the gator bag.... amazon.... i hope you still have it!
Jodi Garff
not bad for $59

Arriba DJ Controller Soft Case

http://www.proaudiostar.com/dj-gear/...soft-case.html
Kristofer Krauel
Yeah that was me. posted a few pages back, but in brief - yes its great as hand luggage and fits in all my shit!
Julianna Riecken
I believe someone on here has, if you go back a few post he has posted some pics of the bag aswell
Tijuana Slome
Did anyone flew with Gator G-club bag with S4? I don't want to take it to the baggage! As far as I can see, it is very closer (or exceeds!) to standart limits (55cm
Tijuana Slome
Just received mine Gator G-Club bag. So what can I say?... It is hard as duck! Love it!
Rosina Steinkuehler
I was able to cram in the following into a Fusion IO workstation bag last evening :

S4
Maschine
Midifighter
Kontrol X1

Sweet bag!
Len Lukawski
In fairness, saying "have you not been reading this thread?" is like saying "have you not memorized the history of the world?"
Hailey Westen
Originally Posted by propelledjeans
have you not been reading this very tread ?

its a great bag for the price... END OF
Bari Garrido
Bag shipped. You should be getting it in the next 20 minutes (super fast shipping option, FedEx)
Len Lukawski
someone sends me one and I'll review it....
Bari Garrido
Any good reviews on the Gator bag?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Gator-G-CLUB-CONTROL-Mixer-Case/dp/B004MW5B8S/"]Amazon.com: Gator G-CLUB CONTROL DJ Mixer Case: Musical Instruments@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/410ypM63WAL.@@AMEPARAM@@410ypM63WAL[/ame]
Celine Surico
That Zomo MFS-S4 looks indeed intriguing. No USA dealer, ack. Maybe DJTT would be interested in importing/re-selling those? I come from the music gigging world where too much protection is never a bad idea....
Patience Conliffe
just saw a new case for the S4 at the native instruments community . Maybe its a help for somebody, who don t need something special like with laptop slider etc. People spoke good about the case...

Bridget Liner
Is there room to fit a 6 pack along and or bottle along with the controller and laptop?
Nicole Warsop
Just got my Gator G-club Control. Its amazing! Its pretty obvious its made for the S4 and has a good amount of compartments for everything else. The foam that protects the knobs are just the right firmness and the bag is built like a tank. I'll post specific pictures if anyone would like.
Julianna Riecken
I'm more than happy with it, build quality is excellent and I can get more then I need in it, I used the novation bag for one gig and it really isn't built well and didnt really have enough space for what I needed to take, but for the price it did its job
Len Lukawski
I just a quick video on the bag - will be upping it toevening ....
Bridget Liner
Not bad.. looks good.. you happy with it? I keep going back and forth now on that one or spending the extra bucks to get the DJTT one.
Julianna Riecken
Originally Posted by Dustin V
Page 62 for me mate.
haha I was pointing out where the Gator Bag pictures were on this thread
Candy Vardy
Originally Posted by Lecko
Page 52 on this thread
Page 62 for me mate.
Julianna Riecken
Page 52 on this thread

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023