S4 - What to carry it in

S4 - What to carry it in
Posted on: 10.10.2010 by Julissa Serrone
Aside from the case meant for it, how do you guys plan on transporting your S4. I'm looking for a cool looking packpack that it will fit in, withough having to drop major bucks. Was looking at one of the old UDG bags, but I believe it's about an inch too small. Any ideas?
Francina Decosse
That's surprising - the Magma is about the same as the Fusion. the diff should be no more than 5-10 EUR. or you speak about the ~50EUR replica of the magma?
Random X
I might be swayed to the Magma Studio25 Gigbag, because of the pricing. (Cheaper than the Fusion Workstation DJ)
Jerome Burruss
Originally Posted by haze324
^ thats not a bad looking bag! Needs a little cushioning or maybe a decksaver but for the price you got plenty of room for extras and cool bag.

Nice find.
Agreed. Awesome bag for the price man. Some similar looking products go for double the money online.
Random X
That's probably the biggest downer on the Pioneer controllers.
Art Beatz
Ya know -
I LOVE THIS THREAD
It clearly illustrates why the S4 is the bomb!
In another thread, I stressed that portability is the key to making an ideal controller.
In other words, try looking for a case for the new Pioneers (T1 & S1)....
lol :eek:
Margarette Laramee
Originally Posted by haze324
^ thats not a bad looking bag! Needs a little cushioning or maybe a decksaver but for the price you got plenty of room for extras and cool bag.

Nice find.
Yeah there is no padding on the sides but the back is decent....you are totally right on the price, I can buy a deck saver and all the stuff I need to customize for waaaaay cheaper than all the other bags out there, plus it looks great!

You could definitely fit an s4, laptop, x1/midifighter, all cables/accessories, headphones, water bottle mesh pouch on the side and some clothes
Julissa Serrone

Nice find.
Margarette Laramee
So I have been holding off on sharing this jem until I received it myself....you guys are lucky I'm sharing haha jk, gotta give love to all the DJTT peeps!

Picked this bag up for $55 plus shipping...it's perfect! All I need to do now is make a custom insert out of masonite and cover with foam/fabric and it will be complete! Pics to come when I finish.

For now, here are some pics with my S4 in the bag. Has plenty of space and fits perfectly, bag is comfortable to wear and comes in 2 colors. Click here if you want one, tell Jake I sent ya.

Byron Dipple
well got my novation 25 bag today and the S4 with decksaver fits just perfectly like the bag was made for it. but like other...I have no place for my headphones guess Ill just have to wear them around my neck
Byron Dipple
^do you ever find the decksaver falls off the S4 while inside the bag? I received my decksaver yesterday and if it slides off at all it pushes right up against the pitch faders which could be really bad....So i decided to get some velcro and some elastic bands to make some straps to hold that baby on when I put it in the bag.
Lang Abriel
I have the novation bag with a decksaver.

The color isn't bad its actually alot darker grey than it looks in photos...more of a silver/gunmetal color.

I fit the s4, a laptop, laptop cooler, 2 power adapters, all rca's and usbs.

No place for headphones though...maybe without my laptop cooler but I have a 3 yr old vaio that I've kinda rigged so I need it.

The quality of the bag is alot better than pictures show, for the price you can't beat it.

I carry a backpack with this bag so I put all the extras in there..still a pretty mobile setup.
Len Lukawski
The cool thing is - if I order quantity - they will put a customized logo on it - would be cool to have something designed by this group....
Byron Dipple
^wow! eager to see what they can come up with
Len Lukawski
I've decided to take a creative approach to this. I have asked a company I know well to see if they can come up with a bag for me. This is what I asked them:

As for the bag, this is the absolute base criteria:

Must Fit:
Francina Decosse
damn, i had to apply a lot of imagination to guess the kind of animal this is

love the shape of the legs. like they are stripped off two broilers and attached with nails to perform endless loops
Hailey Westen
Originally Posted by knaumov
well, then what do you want to fit inside, mr. Tekki?
my guess would be, one of these
Francina Decosse
well, then what do you want to fit inside, mr. Tekki?
Random X
Colour is more than cool with me, though I'm not too sure about what I can fit inside.
Mariano Godina
I really like that novation bag, not so struck on it's Colour but it seems a very good bag.
I'll either get that or the magma 25 bag.
Byron Dipple
Originally Posted by Erick
Yeah that's the cool thing, you can remove, or place the dividers closer/apart whatever you want.

I was also believeing about the decksaver and I believe that's the ultimate combo for this bag, but might take up the rest of the space so forget putting more fat controllers in there :S

Who cares if you are only using s4!
Good to know! well i ended up buying the novation 25 bag along with a decksaver after seeing yeahdef's review he posted on the NI community s. looks to fit very very nicely together inside the bag! should be here by the end of the week

Huey Leynes
Originally Posted by onetidd
very interesting the oak surf pack bag, anyway can it take my s4 + my x1 and all my cables and computer (headphones and all)???!
the x1 will fit with laptop and s4 no prob... with headphones, and cables. there's the two side pockets - they're the best place for the cables imo, and have a mesh divider in them to keep stuff separated.

the oak seems to have no padding at all ... at least on the sides of the main compartment.

it might be ok for light transportation, but I personally wouldn't consider it at all ...
yes, for light transport is what it's intended for. i never really have to carry it for very long anyway. if it travels far, it's in a car, or it's carry-on luggage.
Francina Decosse
the oak seems to have no padding at all ... at least on the sides of the main compartment.

it might be ok for light transportation, but I personally wouldn't consider it at all ...
Oswaldo Appeldorn
very interesting the oak surf pack bag, anyway can it take my s4 + my x1 and all my cables and computer (headphones and all)???!
Merilyn Sellards
Originally Posted by viceversa
thanks for the feedback! The bag actually looks a little too narrow for the S4 but if you wanted could you remove that small center divider in the main section which would then allow you to move the big divider back some? I'm asking b/c I plan on using the decksaver on top of the S4 while inside the bag.
Yeah that's the cool thing, you can remove, or place the dividers closer/apart whatever you want.

I was also believeing about the decksaver and I believe that's the ultimate combo for this bag, but might take up the rest of the space so forget putting more fat controllers in there :S

Who cares if you are only using s4!
Huey Leynes
here's some pics... one of the bag with my laptop + S4 top open, the other with everything bundled up securely. it's a snug fit, which i love, knowing the S4 isn't gonna just flop around in there like a fish.

Random X
Can't wait for the pics, son!
Huey Leynes
^have any pics with the S4 inside?
i'll get some pics up later today for ya. don't let the specs from on their site fool you, i went in store with a measuring tape (yes, lol) and made the guy working there bring me all their bigger bags. the one thing that really won with the surf pack is the fact that it has this overflow fabric (supposed to be water resistant) with a drawstring, which keeps the S4 covered completely - then the top flap comes down and locks in keeping everything snug.
Byron Dipple
thanks for the feedback! The bag actually looks a little too narrow for the S4 but if you wanted could you remove that small center divider in the main section which would then allow you to move the big divider back some? I'm asking b/c I plan on using the decksaver on top of the S4 while inside the bag.
Julissa Serrone
man that looks good, especially for a casual bag to carry to gig.

Is that only available in the UK?
Merilyn Sellards
Allright, so here it is as promised.
Enter the chinese magma studio bag 25, well maybe just more chinese

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60101412@N07/

I feel its quality is awesome for the price, shipping cost me a bit though but still under 100 bucks total 92 or something like that...

First things I noticed, bags o the sides are less bulky than the magma bag, which might not be so useful if you carry a lot of gadgets, but there is still plenty of room left after you put the s4 an a laptop so for me its just fine.

The bulky bags on the magma where actually worrying me because at check in they might say its too bulky so this one is more discreet and that's a plus in this case.

Inside it comes with separators that I ended up removing and or/readjusting to fit the 24 without damaging knobs or so. The padding is ok, on the bottom its pretty thick but if you are a freak about it, you could still remove the second divider and add cushioning instead, maybe I will do that later. Or put the second divider closer and add protection!

I also have a sleeve for my laptop anyway(thats separate) just to keep piece of mind.

For now I will be a little carfeul where I put it , don't believe its totally cool to put more bags on top of it if you go on a plane like me. (in the current state)

Straps seem sturdy as well and the whole thing loaded is not so bad but obviously not so light either. All in all I'm satisfied and can still fit in more of my things like the launchpad, nanocontrol, the headphones do fit in a bit tight but ok. Loads of room for cables and extra small things to carry on the flight. Oh, and it closes just fine.

I don't want to recommend it fully until I come back and forth a few times but at least I feel safer than checking in the flightcase.
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by Merderah Soundkilla
oakley surf pack is the best imo... tons of pockets for cables, dedicated laptop sleeve, plenty of room for S4.

sometimes i use it to carry other gear too, and i shit a brick because it can carry so damn much. the bottom unzips to expand the compartment to fit larger things. this bag is so full of win.
Oakley bag
DIMENSIONS: 21" H x 14" W x 9" D (2500 cubic inches) / 53cm x 36cm x 23cm (41 liters)
S4
Depth: 32.2cm / 12.7''Height: 5.2cm / 2''Width: 50cm / 19.7'

The numbers look like it'll fit, but I don't believe it would fit well.
Byron Dipple
Huey Leynes
oakley surf pack is the best imo... tons of pockets for cables, dedicated laptop sleeve, plenty of room for S4.

sometimes i use it to carry other gear too, and i shit a brick because it can carry so damn much. the bottom unzips to expand the compartment to fit larger things. this bag is so full of win.
Random X
Would like to know that too!
Byron Dipple
Originally Posted by Erick
Hey guys I found this one
http://www.nuloop.com/en/dj-equipmen...ig-bag_25.html

Looks to me like it is a replica of the magma bag but way cheaper, I decided to give it a shot since I don't have to much $ at the moment...

I'll tell you guys how it went I get it today

I was desperately seeking a bag because I fly to mexico soon and really want to take my s4, I have the flightcase but my friend freaked me out because he knows people at the airport and says they steal stuff like this all the time.

I was just wondering if anyone has traveled to Mexico or somewhere else and checked in a flightcase like such??
really liking that one. did you end up getting it? review?
Art Beatz
Sent an inquiry for the Fusion Bag: http://www.fusion-bags.com/products-...ation-dj-47621

got this response:

Karlos made a great point that the pitch sliders and the outer efx knobs may suffer - It's a great point. A decksaver would possibly help it, but it's still not something what I would want to do for the long term.

I really like the design and the functionality of this bag. If it gets few more inches across, it'd be perfect - price is 89GBP!

I'll continue my communication with the lady and will let you know how it goes. Will try to enlighten him what the demand for such a bag is ...
Nice bag, but butt-ugly on your back
Random X
The Magma bag does have an advantage regarding cargospacing, though the Fusion looks like it will pack more bang!
Francina Decosse
as per Ryanair's website, the allowance is:
55cm x 40cm x 20cm

The fusion has:
55cm x 39cm x 32cm (fully loaded)

which just confirms that it depends on how full the bag is. If you keep only the controller(s) inside, it should pass the measurement frame on the airport. Unfortunately that would mean that you always need to have check-in luggage on top of this bag.

From the NI thread, there is some more info:
Originally Posted by Laite
Magma pack:
55 x 40 x 21 cm

Max size of cabin luggage (Finnair):
56 x 45 x 25 cm
Hailey Westen
there is no way that bag would be allowed to be carried on a Ryanair flight
Twyla Hilst
The main question is: does this Dj Workstation bag is allowed as cabin luggage?

I asked Fusion and got an answer in 1 hour on a sunday!

"Thank you for your email.

The Workstation DJ bag is the largest in our Sound & Audio Range.
I have travelled with this bag to the US and it was full of gear that we needed for a trade show we were attending. It did fit into the overhead lockers but I discovered that if the two front pockets were fully packed so that they bulge, it was a squeeze. I had to take some things out of these pockets and then it did fit OK.
We have travelled with Continental Airlines, Air France and American Airline and there was no problem but I suppose it does depend on the airline.
If the aircraft is long haul and large then there does not appear to be a problem but smaller aircraft may differ.

Here is a link to our distributor page on our website, they will help you locate a Fusion bag.
http://www.fusion-bags.com/distributors

I hope this information is of some help to you.

Kind regards,
Wendy Caldwell"

The problem is that Ryanair s*ckers are boring with those stuffs, and european promoter work often with ryanair...

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy