S4 - What to carry it in

S4 - What to carry it in
Posted on: 10.10.2010 by Julissa Serrone
Aside from the case meant for it, how do you guys plan on transporting your S4. I'm looking for a cool looking packpack that it will fit in, withough having to drop major bucks. Was looking at one of the old UDG bags, but I believe it's about an inch too small. Any ideas?
Toshiko Arau
Originally Posted by knaumov
Cool

the peeps @ Fusion did a Youtube Demo of the Workstation DJ bag. It's nice - 3+ months after the initial inquiry me & chilly had! better late than never

Bottom line, S4 fits fine, and brave or not, there's even room for a maschine inside, alongside the cables, the power bricks the headphones and eventually a spare kit of underwear, socks and a t-shirt (+ few more controllers )

Enjoy!

YouTube - TRAKTOR S4 inside the Fusion Workstation DJ Bag

(just did the post in the NI community also)
This video shows the Workstation DJ bag in great detail...
DJ STAR PRODUCT: Workstation DJ by Fusion
Len Lukawski
So for those that are interested in the Fusion Bags DJ range the Workstation bag is $179.99+shipping. They are not available in too many places yet but the distributor has agreed to give a 20% discount to those who order referencing my "real" name. I am not making anything off this nor getting free items. PM me for contact and reference info.
Len Lukawski
The US distributor for Fusion bags is calling me in half an hour. I was gonna negotiate volume artist pricing if you guys here in the US are interested?
Francina Decosse
You are right guys. It's not neatest backpack and it really looks strange on the side.

Nonetheless it gives ability to put one more controller (be it maschine or apc) inside + a stand or even two + some more stuff. So far, I've only seen trolley bags capable of fitting full S4 set + Maschine inside. That's the only one i know.

I'd be fine wearing it primarily on the side, but i'm sure I'll use the backpack transformation option few time times ... it at least wont be as heavy as two large vinyls bags
Karolis Petrauskas
Originally Posted by knaumov
The fusion works as a backpack as well as a courier:

http://www.fusion-bags.com/products-...ation-dj-47621

The Magma seems too tight to me. There's also no room to comfortably put maschine + stand inside.

Do you have a reason to believe that the Fusion will not be a good backpack?
Its too gigantic for me....looks kind of sill on its side no?

Honestly it looks like the old days of 2 huge bags of records.
Mariano Godina
I'm not being funny, but look at the picture you posted above of the guy wearing it as a 'backpack'. It's rediculous, he looks like he's about to go climb a mountain for a month!
Bags that turn sideways and act as a backpack are very poor in my opinion, I prefer a bag that knows what it is, if it's a backpack then it's only a backpack. None of this 'chuck a couple of straps on it, turn it sideways and call it a backpack'.
I appreciate it gives people an option, it's just not for me.

This is what leads me to believe the magma bag is the best out there right now for use with the S4.

Tom Flynn
Francina Decosse
Originally Posted by tomflynn
That fusion bag is ok but it's not a backpack bag.

The magma bag still reigns supreme for me!
The fusion works as a backpack as well as a courier:

http://www.fusion-bags.com/products-...ation-dj-47621

The Magma seems too tight to me. There's also no room to comfortably put maschine + stand inside.

Do you have a reason to believe that the Fusion will not be a good backpack?
Mariano Godina
That fusion bag is ok but it's not a backpack bag.

The magma bag still reigns supreme for me!
Random X
I agree!

Just the branding looks different?
Mmm... let's just find out what the shipping rates are for that one.
Merilyn Sellards
Hey guys I found this one
http://www.nuloop.com/en/dj-equipmen...ig-bag_25.html

Looks to me like it is a replica of the magma bag but way cheaper, I decided to give it a shot since I don't have to much $ at the moment...

I'll tell you guys how it went I get it today

I was desperately seeking a bag because I fly to mexico soon and really want to take my s4, I have the flightcase but my friend freaked me out because he knows people at the airport and says they steal stuff like this all the time.

I was just wondering if anyone has traveled to Mexico or somewhere else and checked in a flightcase like such??
Toshiko Arau
Originally Posted by Rusty
This bag was on my list a while ago. Nice to see that it actually fits. Anyone know if there is a Fusion Bag dealer in Canada or the US?
I haven't found any online shops but you can contact the Fusion Distributor www.fusion-bags.com/distributor in
USA:

AsFab Music Company
1408 Magnolia St
South Pasadena
CA 91030-2615
USA
Tel. (626) 441 0911
www.asfabmusic.com
[email protected]

or Canada:

Counterpoint Musical Services
2650 John Street, Unit 24
Markham
ON L3R 2W6
Canada
Tel. (905) 415 0515
Fax. (905) 415 9232
www.counterpointmusic.ca
[email protected]
Toshiko Arau
Originally Posted by Tekki
Mmmm, let's see where we can buy that from.
In NL this bag is sold by http://www.tools4winds.com/Koffers.html it's not the typical DJ site but if you ask about it I am pretty sure that they can get it to you... if not there is always the option of contacting one of the UK shops: http://www.westenddj.co.uk/Product/F...ON%2DDJ%2DBAG/
or
http://www.rosemorris.com/Fusion-Wor...-SA-01-W-DJ-B/
or
http://www.northernmusiconline.co.uk...j_workstation/
Random X
Mmmm, let's see where we can buy that from.
Ethel Saracco
This bag was on my list a while ago. Nice to see that it actually fits. Anyone know if there is a Fusion Bag dealer in Canada or the US?
Francina Decosse
Cool

the peeps @ Fusion did a Youtube Demo of the Workstation DJ bag. It's nice - 3+ months after the initial inquiry me & chilly had! better late than never

Bottom line, S4 fits fine, and brave or not, there's even room for a maschine inside, alongside the cables, the power bricks the headphones and eventually a spare kit of underwear, socks and a t-shirt (+ few more controllers )

Enjoy!

YouTube - TRAKTOR S4 inside the Fusion Workstation DJ Bag

(just did the post in the NI community also)
Caitlyn Scarantino
@aviatorman, Yeah the prices I was seeing on bags are crazy. I hunted like a dog and thought outside of the box. I seen the Novation bag, but I didnt like the color

@bigbeatzz I got the bag at Rock & Soul NYC, and the foam I recycled it from when I had my old MacBook serviced and mailed back to me, but Im sure you find foam at GC, but another product I believe thats over priced.

@Travis here's the link, http://www.rockandsoul.com/servlet/t...-CFX-16/Detail

Originally Posted by deejaysoul
I pick this bag up yesterday, perfect for my needs and didnt cost an arm or a leg ($65). It's meant for a PA mixer, and has soft padding, but I added more foam to fill the space, so the S4 isnt bouncing around inside. There's just enough room to put the X1 bag on one side and the pouch upfront fits my 13" laptop and cables nicely. A 15" laptop looks like would fit more snuggly.
Where can we get this bag!? Don't suppose you have a link?

$60 is a great deal.
Karolis Petrauskas
Originally Posted by deejaysoul
I pick this bag up yesterday, perfect for my needs and didnt cost an arm or a leg ($65). It's meant for a PA mixer, and has soft padding, but I added more foam to fill the space, so the S4 isnt bouncing around inside. There's just enough room to put the X1 bag on one side and the pouch upfront fits my 13" laptop and cables nicely. A 15" laptop looks like would fit more snuggly.
Thats a good deal..The foam is probably good to rest on a 1200 also.

Did you get it at the GC on Atlantic? Also, where did you get the foam? I need a giant sheet for my music area.
Art Beatz
Originally Posted by weltraumpapst
i bought the novation and im pretty satisfied with it. does not fit all my stuff, but i got a bigger laptop bag for everything i need.

a friend of mine purchased the magma bag and it fits everything he need (same stuff like me) and even more. but as mentioned twice the price and i dont really like having everthing on my back. s4+cables in the novation bag, macbook, midifighter, more cables und stuff in the shoulder bag..
For $60 bucks !!!!!! You made a great choice.
I believe the novation is well worth it.
I hope all these other bag makers learn to stop making $200+ bags w/ wheels

Expensive gear should not be wheeled around... if you hit the streets or dirt roads
Caitlyn Scarantino
Myrle Wanta
i use the magma studio 25 its perfect and looks cool
Peggy Gabrielson
if you order from musicstore.de their shipping charges are pretty good. I got mine shipped from germany where they are based - all the way to NZ for 20 Euros...which is pretty damn good considering it's basically the other side of the world.
Eden Danel
With the delay on the Odyssey bags, I went looking around for some alternative options (got a lot of traveling coming up so a better bag was a real necessity) and lucked out on Managing to get ahold of one of the Magma studio 25 bags. Showed up today and I couldn't be more pleased!

I gotta admit, I'm REALLY impressed with it. Totally swallows all my gear (S4, laptop, cables, stand, headphones, MIDI Fighter, and so on), as well as other assorted travel necessities (ipod, folder with itinerary and confirmations, a magazine or two, PSP, and so on). If I wanted to, I could cram way more than that in there.

The bag's not as large as I expected and I actually find it pretty comfortable and easy to deal with, even when filled up. Doesn't feel too heavy and when wearing it as a backpack, it's actually as comfortable as you can get. Haven't tried the shoulder strap, but I don't expect to really be be using it that way.

Pricey bag, yes, but worth the money IMHO. Especially if you can grab one without having to pay astronomic shipping charges.
robin loo
i bought the novation and im pretty satisfied with it. does not fit all my stuff, but i got a bigger laptop bag for everything i need.

a friend of mine purchased the magma bag and it fits everything he need (same stuff like me) and even more. but as mentioned twice the price and i dont really like having everthing on my back. s4+cables in the novation bag, macbook, midifighter, more cables und stuff in the shoulder bag..
Dulce Wellin
today i buy the Novation Bag 25 - it's really cool bag) i highly recomendet it) In real life it looks much better than the picture! MUCH BETTER!!))) and price 60$ is very pleasant.Incidentally manufacturing quality incredible!!
Byron Dipple
^really like that one! anyone have any exp with the company? (world tour)
Kacey Lefevere
Logos are a bit naff but this might work for those not seeking a huge producer/backpack sort of thing. Price not too bad either.

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-WOR-SS12
Mariano Godina
Yes i agree, i believe i'm going to go with the Magma gig bag 25, it just seems a bit better build quality than the novation. Unfortunately the UDG 21" backpack looks a bit too small.
Francina Decosse
the Magma appears to have better padding and more room for extra stuff than the Novation. But it's also more than twice the price - 44 vs 105 EUR @ Thomann
Matthew Yanagisawa
Originally Posted by AfroWhitie
Yep - im using the novation bag.

Works perfectly - fits my laptop headphones all cables etc and lets me carry the s4 on my back when im riding my motorcycle to gigs. I'm adding a decksaver to the mix and it should be a complete win then.
Nice!! Could you please provide some pics?
Random X
So, this is the Magma one right?

http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/EUR/...DJE0002018-000

It looks way better than the novation, but also costs twice as much.
Random X
So, this is the Magma one right?

http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/EUR/...DJE0002018-000

It looks way better than the novation, but also costs twice as much.
Peggy Gabrielson
cut and paste from NI community s - short magma review:

received the magma gig bag today. i'm pretty impressed with the overall quality of it. actually not as big as i thought which is fine by me. being able to chuck my s4 and laptop + cables in one light bag is very very cool.

also fully recommend musicstore.de if you are believeing of picking one of these up. they shipped to NZ and were very helpful and prompt in answering all my questions - 10/10 service!

also i packed it up with s4, macbook, headphones, audio4, all the cables and manuals etc for traktor pro and s4, still pretty light once you have it slung over your shoulder. when wearing it as a backback its pretty comfy and the backpack straps do have padding. i guess i'd wear it like that if i had to cart it around for long periods. still reasonably comfortable over your shoulder though.

agree that the adjustable dividers feel a bit flimsy and they are a pain in the ass to get out too :P
Mariano Godina
Backpack all the way for me. Magma, odyssey or UDG.
Random X
The flight cases are selling out constantly, still not too sure, but I might get the novation bag in combination with a prodector.
Francina Decosse
Originally Posted by BradCee
9 kg... how the hell is the case heavier?
9 + 4 = 13 ... add some cables, chargers ... if you also put the laptop inside (i wouldn't but ...)

my mrs also finds 9kg a lot! 13 definitely sounds almost a ton! 16 with a laptop, that definitely has to be a ton. Not that she can't cope with it, but for a lady 10+ kilos sounds bloody heavy ...

of course, when the kids become 13 and even 20 and even more, they can move them around ... that's called mother stuff though ... and gadgetry and mother business are different .... sooo, since there's no room for such an analogy, we just accept that 13=ton and move forward ... what else is left for us
Mariano Godina
Ye that magma bag is winning the battle of the bags for me at the moment. I really like the look of it.
Dorcas Bassignani
9 kg... how the hell is the case heavier?
Francina Decosse
Originally Posted by BradCee
4kg? about 996 short of a ton....
@Brad, the sub-title is "flight case"...

@Samantha - check the Magma bag, or Novation bag ... both are lighter
Dorcas Bassignani
Originally Posted by Samantha
Weighs a ton!!! its all very inconvenient i wouldn't dream of taking the s4 out with me...pity..
4kg? about 996 short of a ton....

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy