S4 - What to carry it in

S4 - What to carry it in
Posted on: 10.10.2010 by Julissa Serrone
Aside from the case meant for it, how do you guys plan on transporting your S4. I'm looking for a cool looking packpack that it will fit in, withough having to drop major bucks. Was looking at one of the old UDG bags, but I believe it's about an inch too small. Any ideas?
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Originally Posted by haze324
There it is!

You heard it here first. Time to photoshop a bag and post it on Traktor Facebook page.

LOL i rememeber making a mock up of a 4channel controller for Traktor and you guys posted it on the Traktor Facebook.

I had to explain that to a certain person at NI... Thats when i was first told about the S4 and i decided i should stop talking about 4 channel controllers..
Tracy Speich
That's better than carrying it exposed. Whatever works u know?! I'll have to stick with carrying it in its original s4 box until the flight case for it becomes available somewhere.
Ignacio Rutner
I had my first gig with the S4 last evening and I didnt have anything to put it in, so I cut down the brown delivery box it came in so it fit the foam inserts from the NI box fit snuggly and added some electrical tape over the whole lot and a few stickers.

Pretty dodgy I know but it worked and I dont believe too many people saw me arrive or leave with it!!
Matthew Yanagisawa
Would this fit an S4?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-M-AUDIO-TORQ...ht_2350wt_1139
robin loo
damn..
i just want a nice looking bagpack to put all my stuff including the S4 inside. i'm carrying it right now with my mixers bag (rockbag), which doesnt protect it well imo.
i tried NI's flightcase and man this thing is heavy.
Julissa Serrone
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
NI plan to make a bag with someone like UDG.
There it is!

You heard it here first. Time to photoshop a bag and post it on Traktor Facebook page.

nayit ruiz jaramillo
I need a bag

Zach, DJTT store.....fellas you'd clean house if you scored a good bag for the store!
After DJ Strategy's review of the Magma Bag its now off the table for me.

He says its very uncomfortable to carry and if its packed full stuff pokes through and it doesnt offer much padding for the s4 on the sides.

Totally back to the drawing board.

I gonna ask NI if they plan to make a bag with someone like UDG.
There was a rumour.
Karolis Petrauskas
I need a bag

Zach, DJTT store.....fellas you'd clean house if you scored a good bag for the store!
Time for a class trip to China.
Julissa Serrone
I need a bag

Karolis Petrauskas
S4=

Depth: 32.2cm / 12.7''
Height: 5.2cm / 2''
Width: 50cm / 19.7''
Weight: 3.4kg / 7.5lbs

1200=

17-27/32" x 6-25/32" x 13-31/32"

Back to the drawing board
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by Tobes

Edit: Wider.... longer... I dunno I always get mixed up lol
Wider
Milda Poucher
The S4 is actually wider than a 1200. Just put my S4 on top of my mk5.

Edit: Wider.... longer... I dunno I always get mixed up lol
Karolis Petrauskas
When I went to the GC show in brooklyn, Shiftee told me the S4 was the same size as a 1200...Do you guys believe it will fit in a 1200 case?

Something like this: http://prodjcase.stores.yahoo.net/eurlitturcas.html
Miles Mulgrew
Until I can get a chance to check out the case in person I believe I might just cover the box it came in completely in stickers (looks cool and disguises what's in the box while carrying it in public) and use that for now. Also its lightweight, protects it pretty good, and has a perfect little handle!
Leeanna Ayla
I went to Guitar center the other day on a mission for this bag and was let down.
Eulah Tamkin
ehh.. ill just carry it in my versace duffle bag,
Elliot Serres
Having a hard time getting in contact with the maker of that bag at GC. I saw a few that met specs today. Going to try them out tomorrow and see if they are inside dimensions are whats labeled.
Julissa Serrone
bump skippidy bump!!!

Just B - any word?

I emaild GC over that bag and they said it would fit. Then I emailed Musicans friend and they said it was too small.

Fawk.
Elliot Serres
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Awesome.... chuffed for you dude
Thanks Karlos!!

Haze. Im trying to get a number right know to the manufacturer of that one bag I posted to get a real size measurement as guitar center isn't being to helpful.
Julissa Serrone
Originally Posted by Dj just b
Guys it is finally here!!! The bag hunt is on!!!!
So have you found a bag yet??

LOL

Sweet brutha.....have some fun
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Guys it is finally here!!! !!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Awesome.... chuffed for you dude
Francina Decosse
when looking for bags, you need to look for "internal dimensions". The presence of 20'' in the general specs published on the majority of sites usually means "damn, that one won't fit it".
Elliot Serres
Guys it is finally here!!! The bag hunt is on!!!!
Julissa Serrone
^ don't believe it'll fit. Those specs are gonna be super tight around the S4 and offer no protection. It don't believe it'll fit with since the top is not perfectly square.
Christie Rinder
anyone believe this is a good idea? i was believeing about getting it..

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?cp=u...LAID=511525037
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Like the VCI softcase. I have one its ace.

Its going in the VCI sale next week.

VCI 100SE/Vestax Backpack inc Softcase.

Why am i telling you this now...???
Leeanna Ayla
I believe I'm going to get the flight case then make a basic zippered bag for it that will have foam padding on top and bottom to carry the S4 in a regular backpack if I need to.

I'm believeing the bag will look a little like this.

Except the lid will come off I believe and the foam will be two pieces. It's just in my head now so who knows.
Milda Poucher
Anyone here going to get the Flight case? I'm waiting (not that I have a choice anyway) to purchase the bundle but if people believe that another bag would be better then I will just get the S4.
Julissa Serrone
[QUOTE=haze324;180048]
Message from Eric Ba at Guitar Center:
Thank you for your recent inquiry.

I do apologize about that. The interior is 20"W x 14"H x 9"D. Allot of the manufactures use the interior of the case or cases in their descriptions.

[QUOTE]

So now the dude at Musician Friend sends me:

Thank you for your recent inquiry. The dimensions listed online for the Musician's Gear Professional Music Gear Bag are the outside dimensions. I believe that the Native Instruments TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 DJ Performance System would not quite fit comfortably inside it.

Maybe both these dudes are full of shit?

Perhaps the Novation bag is an option?
Elliot Serres
Someone got a flightcase already. It appears that the sliding tray isn't in the way on the eq's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2KhesBAitw
Elliot Serres
Mines should be here on Wednesday finally if so in go the G center then and see what i see. Theres a few dj gear stores in the area ill hit them all and look for that bag.
Leeanna Ayla
Currently I just the box it came in to store it in and take it places.....wack!
Paint the box and put some stickers on it!

I didn't get to leave town early enough Friday to stop at Guitar Center, I get another chance next Friday though.
Julissa Serrone
Originally Posted by hallicious
Definitely ordering this bag if it fits... Please keep the updates coming.
I emailed Guitar Center and shis what I got back:

Message from Eric Ba at Guitar Center:
Thank you for your recent inquiry.

I do apologize about that. The interior is 20"W x 14"H x 9"D. Allot of the manufactures use the interior of the case or cases in their descriptions.

If those are the real dimnesions of the interior for 85.00 I might give it a test. Currently I just the box it came in to store it in and take it places.....wack!

I'll keep you guys posted.
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Ooh that looks close... could be a winner. I recomend a piece of foam to cover the S4 as it looks quite deep and you dont want it moving around to much. Not hard to get foam though and maybe even a towel would do just to protect the jogs.
Eleonora Musico
Ill do my best!!! Heres one. The website says online only but i cant count the times its said that and ive walked it and got it off the shelf.

It might be to much of a squeeze at 20" long but maybe just snug enough:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Musician...92-i1151760.gc
Definitely ordering this bag if it fits... Please keep the updates coming.
Elliot Serres
^^^We need to go to ups and show them what good. Whats really good!! Give them a nice good beat down!
Omar Nila
yeah mines stuck in customs so i should've got it yesterday know its here on the 24th at the earliest
Elliot Serres
damn brother, I would call. That's a BIG difference in delivery days. The 17th?? Tell the UPS driver you'll meet him halfway!!!!
Tried that lol its just leaving cali!!
Rikki Angello
Damn I hate ups so damn much!!!!
Yesterday is showed delivery on time to arrive today. Now it shows rescheduled!!!! till the 17th. This driver better be prepared for a serious ass beating when my s4 gets here So yet again bag hunt is still on hold, maybe ill cut up a box to the size spes of the s4 and go bag shopping
Just got the same message when the tracking number finally started to work. Oh well, at least I'll have my headphones by then.
Julissa Serrone
damn brother, I would call. That's a BIG difference in delivery days. The 17th?? Tell the UPS driver you'll meet him halfway!!!!

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy