S4 - What to carry it in

S4 - What to carry it in
Posted on: 10.10.2010 by Julissa Serrone
Aside from the case meant for it, how do you guys plan on transporting your S4. I'm looking for a cool looking packpack that it will fit in, withough having to drop major bucks. Was looking at one of the old UDG bags, but I believe it's about an inch too small. Any ideas?
Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by onetidd
JETPACK REMIX what you guys believe on that bag?!

http://orbitconcepts.com/products/pr...h-battery-bank

can it handle the s4?
As it's not out yet how would anyone know ?

Plus how can it be backed by "top inductry DJ's", when it's not been released?

those external dimentions seem too small to fit an S4.

It needs at the ABSOLUTE minimum INSIDE measurements of

50x33x7 cm.

Why don't you buy the NI bag, perfect for the S4 and has been heavily discounted, I've seen them listed at 99
Lorita Leazenby
Originally Posted by solutionsagent
Wow! This is very nice find.
Turned out not to be. I bought the bag and it started falling apart after using it about 6 times, contacted the selelr, who contacted Magma. Magma said it can't fall apart after 6 times, so I must be lying. Long story short, don't buy magma if you want a good bag and good service...
Faustino Stringfellow

can it handle the s4?

50x33x7 cm.

Why don't you buy the NI bag, perfect for the S4 and has been heavily discounted, I've seen them listed at 99
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by Jay Wilde
still loving my Gator bag... about to get it customized at the Chrome messenger bags shop with a real PROPER messenger strap on it.

backpacks are for kiddos.
Interested in this. Pics when it's done?
Random X
Sorry for your experience...

But I have both my bags for quite some time, two years plus, and it has survived moving house, gigs etc... and they are still going string!
Lorita Leazenby
Originally Posted by solutionsagent
Wow! This is very nice find.
Turned out not to be. I bought the bag and it started falling apart after using it about 6 times, contacted the selelr, who contacted Magma. Magma said it can't fall apart after 6 times, so I must be lying. Long story short, don't buy magma if you want a good bag and good service...
Dominique Caughill
I've taken delivery of the Gator Control bag this morning, I'll take some photos with my kit in when I get home from work later.
Alphonso Deitchman
I've been using the Gator for a while and have recently bought a Crane stand, it just fits in the zip section on the rear of the bag.

Plenty of space for a 13-15" laptop in the front sleeve and the S4 fits snugly into the main section. Most headphones will fit into the front pocket - I had my HD215s in there before upgrading to the HD 25s.
Monserrate Rupnow
Is there's room for an S4, cranestand, and laptop in the Gator bag? Can't see if the crane will fit or not...
Wiley Pollastrini
I never did get around to making a part 2 on my mono bag with gear inside. I ended up picking up the udg traktor trolly for $99 on the NI website. With a crane stand, s4, external LaCie HD, 13" mbp, tma1's & cables I just outgrew the bag when my f1 came in. I'm now in the market for the x1 to pair with the setup for triggering the effects on decks c&d and the traktor trolly looks like its going to be the way to go. Plus the price was pretty outstanding for $99 and free shipping.

I'm not sure what my plans for the mono bag are, if I keep or sell but I will give the djtt users first dibs if I decide to part with it.

I will also try to get a video posted of the bag with gear inside and one of the trolly loaded up.
Dominique Caughill
I'm also looking at the Gator bag. Could someone be kind enough to take a photo of their S2 / S4 and Laptop in the bag loaded up just so I have an idea of what it can hold?

It'd be much appreciated.
Oswaldo Appeldorn
Just because i didn't know about the ni bag i would love to find the link.
Faustino Stringfellow

can it handle the s4?

50x33x7 cm.

Oswaldo Appeldorn

can it handle the s4?
Gertha Coprich
I am gigging and been traveling with this bag for awhile. It is solid. I carry it on a plane without an issue.

Candy Vardy
Hey guys, just a quick question. I've read this thread through and through, but I'm still not sure which would be the best new option for me. I currently have the 21" UDG backpack trolley which carries almost all my gear. It was good for a while but as my gear has grown so has my need for somethings more. I currently have:

MBP 15"
S2 + decksaver
X1 + case
F1 + case
Crane stand
Audio 2 + cables
Headphones
IEM's
Bag with all cables
2 external hard drives.
Small misc items ie, flashlight, USB's etc.

So until I got my F1 almost everything was fitting if I packed it right, but now I need a bigger bag, lol. Especially since I will be adding a audio6/10 soon and TSP. So what do yo guys recommend will be a good choice for carrying all my gear, considering that I also fly a lot? I need something that will pass through the airlines, and be easy to carry. Thanks guys.
Twyla Hilst
Has someone tried the Traktor Trolley on ryanair airlines?
thanks
Maisha Lemunyon
Cool, It's touted as economical but good. what do people usually pay for this thing?
Kristofer Krauel
Yeah that's the one. Had mine for nearly a year now.
Maisha Lemunyon
About to order a bag after perusing through this (very informative) thread - thanks guys.

I'm leaning towards the Gator but I just want to confirm the exact bag DJTT members are raving about.

Is it the Gator G-Club Control DJ Bag? http://www.zzounds.com/item--GATGCLUBCONTROL

Thanks in advance guys.
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by Jay Wilde
still loving my Gator bag... about to get it customized at the Chrome messenger bags shop with a real PROPER messenger strap on it.

Interested in this. Pics when it's done?
Rosalie Novarro

Random X
Originally Posted by Double R
OK.. So after reading basically the entire thread I have narrowed it down to the following 2 bag:

1. DJTT S4 Mono Bag

2. Magma Digi Control XL Backpack

Below is a list of items I would place in the bag:

S4
X1
Audio 8 soundcard
15" Macbook Pro
2 X power supplies for Macbook
assorted cables (USB & Midi)
Crane Stand
2 pairs of headphones
external HD
Wireless Mouse

I prefer a backpack style bag but I'm not sure the Magma Backpack can hold everything. I know the DJTT S4 mono bag can hold it all.

Any opinions on choice would be greatly appreciated...
Please don't rule out this sick puppy!

I'm sure it will fit everything you just listed.
Erica Charvet
Sorry to bring a dead thread back to life, but this bag is a perfect fit for the S4 and can commonly be found for under $100. Surprised I haven't seen it mentioned.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acces...RWXGB&ZYXSEM=0

It has a ton of room for other things, as well. Can easily fit the S4, an Akai MPD32, and a X1 + a small laptop.
Eunice Dunneback
OK.. So after reading basically the entire thread I have narrowed it down to the following 2 bag:

1. DJTT S4 Mono Bag

2. Magma Digi Control XL Backpack

Below is a list of items I would place in the bag:

S4
X1
Audio 8 soundcard
15" Macbook Pro
2 X power supplies for Macbook
assorted cables (USB & Midi)
Crane Stand
2 pairs of headphones
external HD
Wireless Mouse

I prefer a backpack style bag but I'm not sure the Magma Backpack can hold everything. I know the DJTT S4 mono bag can hold it all.

Any opinions on choice would be greatly appreciated...
Wiley Pollastrini
i just got the mono bag today this thing is really nice! check out my review!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzGGkF9hIzM

i made a thread about this in the review community check it out! throw any discussion about the bag in the thread that way if anyone has questions i can find em quicker then running through this thread if people have questions.

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=44537
Janise Kassin
Originally Posted by tekki
This is the one you want to go for, when choosing Magma to carry your S4:

Using this bag for MBP 15", NI:Kontrol S4, MIDIfighter, Pioneer HDJ500, Powerpacks, cables and even loads of space left to fill.
Gonna grab me one of these soon I believe
Random X
This is the one you want to go for, when choosing Magma to carry your S4:

Using this bag for MBP 15", NI:Kontrol S4, MIDIfighter, Pioneer HDJ500, Powerpacks, cables and even loads of space left to fill.
Kacey Lefevere
[QUOTE=IrishBlaggard;409439]the magma bag is more than double the price of the gator bag...

magma bag = 105 - 125 euro (depending on what bag your looking for)
http://www.thomann.de/ie/magma_digi_controlbag_xl.htm

Watch out for the Magma Digi-Control Bag XL - The S4 is a VERY tight fit. I returned mine because it was so tight that damage to either the bag or controller seemed inevitable.

Jon
Random X
Originally Posted by kcjeepman
I'm really torn between these bags. I like the build on the DJTT bag, but I like the additional space of the Gig-Bag. They don't list the weight on that bag either.

I'd like to carry my machine controller along with my 15" macbook and the S4 controller, which I can't do with the DJTT bag, but I'm willing to ignore that if the Gig-Bag is over the top heavy and such.

Any thoughts on a comparison, as the price point is about the same?
I don't know the exact weight, but it's not heavy.
It carries the weight without any problems.
Marva Lievsay
the mono is pretty cool. I have the traktor flight case and it is perfect for mobile dj's! Maybe later on ill convert to the bag!
Renita Windish
I was actually considering the mono bag v. The Gig bag. The mono bag is sweet!
Hailey Westen
the magma bag is more than double the price of the gator bag...

gator bag = 59 euro
http://www.thomann.de/ie/gator_gclub_control_dj_bag.htm

magma bag = 105 - 125 euro (depending on what bag your looking for)
http://www.thomann.de/ie/magma_digi_controlbag_xl.htm

http://www.thomann.de/ie/magma_multi...iogigbag25.htm

I've the gator bag and i love it...
Renita Windish
I'm really torn between these bags. I like the build on the DJTT bag, but I like the additional space of the Gig-Bag. They don't list the weight on that bag either.

I'd like to carry my machine controller along with my 15" macbook and the S4 controller, which I can't do with the DJTT bag, but I'm willing to ignore that if the Gig-Bag is over the top heavy and such.

Any thoughts on a comparison, as the price point is about the same?
Random X
I'm still really glad with my Magma Studio Gigbag25.

Transporting my S4, S4 Decksaver, MIDIfighter, 15"MacBookPro, Pioneer HDJ-500, cables and powerpacks and still has tons of room left!
Wiley Pollastrini
true, thanks, ill look into that bag now.
just a bummer had my eyes set on the mono bag. unfortunate that i was unable to see my grandparents until today and they were able to give me a card with some $ for christmas that i was using to pick this mono bag up, before the price hike.

cue: johnny hates jazz - shattered dreams
Rosalie Novarro
if price is a concern i seriously suggest you check out the gator bag. i am VERY impressed with it.
Wiley Pollastrini
it figures the day i have the rest of the loot to finally order the mono bag the price skyrockets to 189. SOB. my loss looks like I'm going with the djtt bag.
Wiley Pollastrini
anyone happen to have any idea when the mono s4 bag will be going OFF sale from 149?

i need to order one but I'm still debating what color knobs i want for my s4. trying some photoshop magic. i want to order everything at once. don't want to miss out on the price.
Rosalie Novarro
Yep got my gator bag and it is totally boss. Super heavy duty fabric and high quality all around. You won't be disappointed one bit with this bag!!

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy