S4 - What to carry it in

S4 - What to carry it in
Posted on: 10.10.2010 by Julissa Serrone
Aside from the case meant for it, how do you guys plan on transporting your S4. I'm looking for a cool looking packpack that it will fit in, withough having to drop major bucks. Was looking at one of the old UDG bags, but I believe it's about an inch too small. Any ideas?
Rosalie Novarro
yeah I saw this thread and a video review on youtube and ordered a Gator Bag as well... should be here tommorrow!! I'll report and post pics as well, definitely looks like a winner... if its as good as everything makes it sound/look, it should be quite pro.
Thaddeus Scamp
I recently purchased the Gator bag as well and can vouch for its awesomeness. I like the back pocket which is lined with a non scratch material for putting laptops in. However the only thing I can complain about is the fact that the strap doesn't seem as heavy duty as the bag. I ended up switching the strap from my Timbuk2 messenger to the Gator bag and it's so much better.
Jodi Garff
returned the Arriba bag.

got the Gator Bag and the S4 fits!
able to fit my mac book pro as well and a bunch of cables.

I got this for $65.00
attached is the picture!
Merry Christmas!

Originally Posted by Saunton
not bad for $59

Arriba DJ Controller Soft Case

http://www.proaudiostar.com/dj-gear/...soft-case.html
Rosalie Novarro
Originally Posted by tkr
Before I bought the tech tools bag (which i now consider invaluable) I just used the original box, the two foam slabs kept it raised and shock proof. The handle made it easy to carry and the box didn't break apart until 2 months later when i left it in rain (not with the S4 in)

That would save you bucks ha!
using the box looks super SUUUUPER amateur! id rather just carry it in my hands than that!
Kelley Mendrick
Before I bought the tech tools bag (which i now consider invaluable) I just used the original box, the two foam slabs kept it raised and shock proof. The handle made it easy to carry and the box didn't break apart until 2 months later when i left it in rain (not with the S4 in)

That would save you bucks ha!
Kandi Odom
The Gator bag is also pretty damn good!!!!!!!!!
Wiley Pollastrini
djtt s4 bag or go for the mono bag? gonna talk my dad into getting me 1 for christmas

doubt anyone has the mono s4 bag to do a review/comparison but anyone with a djtt s4 bag chime in.

gonna be putting a 13" mbp, s4, mf pro, cables, tma-1's, external lacie 2tb HD and hopefully more in the future.

edit.
i been study'n both products in the shop and there is a lot i like about both from what i can see. i like the cable holders on the djttbag i like the cell pocket on the mono bag with the headphone port.

one thing after looking at the mono bag that I'm not a HUGE fan on is having my laptop on the back of the bag, where as the djtt bag i like having it in that zippered pouch in front of the controller.

I'm probably just being 2 picky. but i need to make up my mind quick. anyone here have the "re-designed" djtt bag that can chime in? does the front pouch zipper the entire way open now? how are those cable holders? witch cables in the holders does it smash against the gear in that pouch a good bit?
Sherryl Nonato
looking at one of these bags in the store

Mono x DJ Techtools S4 Bag

Do you reckon ill have trouble getting it on to the carry on with australian airlines etc?
Thaddeus Scamp
Originally Posted by phractured
Just saw a blog post about this bag, and I have to say in terms of aesthetics and usability, this bag is looking like the winner for me. It does backpack and briefcase with style.
Honestly, from what I've seen with my Nambagear Big Namba backpack, the quality isn't as great. I've had an APC 40 and Laptop as well as an Audio 4 in my Big Namba and the straps almost ripped off when I picked it up once. The quality really sucked. If I were you just save your money for something like the DJTT Mono S4 bag. I've had the Mono Kondensor Backpack and that thing is a beast. If only they made an S4 Backpack I'd buy one instantly.
Eleonore Goodloe
Just saw a blog post about this bag, and I have to say in terms of aesthetics and usability, this bag is looking like the winner for me. It does backpack and briefcase with style.
Patience Conliffe
Originally Posted by .saint
anyone with the zoom s4 bag snap some pics of it? from the pic it looks like its only big enough for the s4?
not now, but i can take some pics tomorow. My bag has more than enough space for the s4. Maybe this pic is a help for u:
Glennis Cartin
Originally Posted by Accidental-DJ
which one there is 2 bags on the sight?
There's a Mono bag and a DJTT S4 bag - I have the DJTT S4 one...
Julianna Riecken
My Fusion Workstation bag just turned up, it's a beast and has about a million pockets, feels well made, once I get home with it I'm gona pack it for a gig to see how it fairs
Julianna Riecken
If you want the original djranking s bag it's not the Mono one, that's a new one coming soon
Sherryl Nonato
which one there is 2 bags on the sight?
Glennis Cartin
Originally Posted by Accidental-DJ
Cant find many bags in AUS to use for my beast?

Should I just get a bag from the DJranking s store?

has anyone used one of the bags there and can give an honest review?
Just get yourself the DJTT bag - it's a beast, holds everything you need, and is bloody robust.

You wont regret it!
Wiley Pollastrini
anyone with the zoom s4 bag snap some pics of it? from the pic it looks like its only big enough for the s4?
Sherryl Nonato
Cant find many bags in AUS to use for my beast?

Should I just get a bag from the DJranking s store?

has anyone used one of the bags there and can give an honest review?
Patience Conliffe
i didn t have a shop overhere (canada) too, i got my zomo bag shipped from germany. Recordcase.de shipping it everywhere, i paid to canada about 50 bugs, but its worth it. i believe its even cheaper to get it to denmark. you can check at their website for shipping costs. On the right side is a calculator for shipping costs
Originally Posted by decon
I've been looking at the Zomo Flightbag S4 and the Gator G-Club, but these bags aren't available in denmark. I've been looking at this bag:
http://www.deejayshop.dk/produkter/1...merican-audio/

Anyone got experience with this bag or particular brand?
Julianna Riecken
I've got the Gator bag but finding it to small now I've added a Crane stand and TMA-1's so looks like I'll be getting the Fusion one now
Shala Lamken
I was forced in to buying the Odyssey black case from my connect...great deal on the S4 itself, not so great deal on buying the case for 190 when I wanted either the NI one, or one of these great looking bags. Of course the way I beat stuff up, maybe they're saving me (and my S4) from myself.
Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by decon
I've been looking at the Zomo Flightbag S4 and the Gator G-Club, but these bags aren't available in denmark. I've been looking at this bag:

I hope it's better than the actual VMS4 it was designed for .....
Khadijah Wojtach

Julianna Riecken
Originally Posted by Dave Dj
I'm keeping an eye on the Gator G club control bag but the site says

Interior Dimensions
Interior Length: 48,26 cm
Interior Width: 35,56 cm
Interior Height: 8,89 cm

will this one fit the s4 ?? ( i've seen some pics but i want to be sure )
I've got it and plenty of others have on here aswell now, it fits nicely and has plenty of padding on the front and back, you don't have to force it in either, been using it a while now, great bag for the price!
Sherryl Nonato
That bag looks really good

Im trying to decide if i should order it and try get it here to australia
Patience Conliffe
Originally Posted by devonl
Ya it looks really slick. Do any of you guys actually own one??
yea, i got the following bag on wednesday:

The bag is great! there is space for everything, i can put my 17" macbook in it, all cables, headphones, a couple of mixcds, plus still got some extra pockets
I also choosed this bag, because i read that the bag has a metal frame and is waterproof. Also the zippers are massiv
Roseline Canright
whit this pics too i'll go for it
look at mine above..
Christal Jonason
Originally Posted by kooper1980
Gator Bag arrived. Perfect for what i need. used it at the weekend for taking my gear to a mates house. S4, Midi-Fighter, 2 x power supply, assorted cables (RCA's USB's etc), Headphones, Portable hard drive all fit with no drama.

There is a compartment for upto 15inch laptop (no good for me as i have a full 17 inches)!! S4 fits in its specific compartment with ease. no stress placed on the sides of the bag and no tugging or pulling to get it in and out. the padded protection on the front and rear walls of the compartment are nice and thick and provice plenty of protection. Nice solid base also which provides protection and also allows this bag to stand upright without tipping over!!

Also picked up one of these sleeves for extra protection. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Traktor-Kontro...item1e64c622b6

The S4once in the sleeve still fits the bag perfectly and is probably unnecessary when travelling to parties etc as the bag provides sufficient padding onits own - i only bought it as im taking my S4 to Ibiza on Sunday and wanted extra protection for the flight - wont be using the sleeve when i transport it about the UK though.

Took some quick snaps:

Attachment 5865
Attachment 5866
Attachment 5868
Attachment 5870
Attachment 5871
whit this pics too i'll go for it
Roseline Canright

Interior Dimensions

http://www.soundware.co.uk/news/2011...-bag-by-gator/
If you want to order, here is an example site.
http://www.soundware.co.uk/sc/produc...ntroller%20Bag
Faustino Stringfellow

Interior Dimensions

I would doubt it, the S4 is 50cm x 33cm x 7.5cm . That's the exact measurements with a tape ... and you need a little more space around it to get it in to the bag.

Maybe at a squeeze by pulling the bag slightly out of shape, (but it might have enough stretch in the fabric) ... you'd need to ask someone who has tried already.
Christal Jonason

Interior Dimensions

Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by devonl
will be ordering one .. currently using one of these ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Traktor-Ko...item1e67fc5905

which is fine for light use and if you are placing the S4 inside something else.
Faustino Stringfellow
ZOMO S4 Bag

Specifications

Merlyn Marcinkowski
Kristofer Krauel
Wow that zomo sleeve looks FIT!!! Great find!! I didn't believe it was possible to find something new after all the posts in this thread but I'm amazed with this.
Kina Brumage
Originally Posted by Gnatsch
check this pic, same sleeve, just when its closed:

Yeah I just can't get my head round how it gets so big when you open it up to put the s4 on
Random X
Looks nice!
Patience Conliffe
check this pic, same sleeve, just when its closed:

Kina Brumage
I'm believeing of getting the zomo sleeve but in the photo where the s4 is sat on it, is it 2 sleeves put ontop of one another? How does it get so thick, it looks like it doubles in size
Faustino Stringfellow
For those interested, you need to go to the Zomo sister site to find details, price and postage details.

http://www.recordcase.de/cgi-bin/cos...oller%20sleeve

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy