MIDI Fighter Spectra

MIDI Fighter Spectra
Posted on: 14.01.2013 by Pearly Revely
At least now we know the name. Commence gearlust.

Courtesy of Prefuse 73 on IG.

MOD EDIT:

Originally Posted by midifidler
Hey just a note for all you you who have brought a Spectra.

Today I noticed a small software bug which affects some (~20%)units, the symptom is that when upgrading the firmware instead of going into boot-loader mode the device just resets.

I have released a firmware update which fixes this on all units, once you update your Spectra with this code the firmware update will work without any issue.

To do this ...

Connect your Spectra, start the utility, click update firmware, when you see the Spectra display its start up pattern pull out the USB, hold the four corner arcade buttons and connect the USB again. The device should now show the blue boot-loader pattern and the utility will continue the update process.
Adolf Hit
@Buffaz

Yes sorry firmware update is still broken in 8, I should have a fix for this sometime in the next month.

The only reason to update firmware at this stage is to fix the update firmware bug, there where no feature updates in the latest firmware.
Deanne Baston
Originally Posted by 32Digits
hahahahahahaha

Made my day ;p
i might do it. you never know... heheh
Shawnta Orenstein
Finally got mine today but now it wont update firmware i tried the trick above and it shows the bootloader pattern but the tool does not continue. it just says putting Midi Fighter into bootloader mode

Im running it on Win8 X64 if that makes a difference

Edit: Just saw Another thread that utility cant update firmware on Win 8 guess i will have to try and update it at work tomorrow

//Buffaz
Adolf Hit
Thanks Jester!
Latoria Kavulich
Originally Posted by secretseven
i was just about to ask about this, make this a sticky for others if you could
Done.
An Boldosser
Originally Posted by midifidler

Today I noticed a small software bug which affects some (~20%)units, the symptom is that when upgrading the firmware instead of going into boot-loader mode the device just resets.

I have released a firmware update which fixes this on all units, once you update your Spectra with this code the firmware update will work without any issue.

To do this ...

Connect your Spectra, start the utility, click update firmware, when you see the Spectra display its start up pattern pull out the USB, hold the four corner arcade buttons and connect the USB again. The device should now show the blue boot-loader pattern and the utility will continue the update process.
i was just about to ask about this, make this a sticky for others if you could
Latoria Kavulich
^ cuts down on the shipping costs.
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by Jester
mine was in the spam box
NO WAY!! DJ ranking s sent you a spectra inside a box of SPAM!!??

dude thats so awesome! lol
Sorry.. i just had to do it
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by jdownesbaird
Does that mean we will see some of your awesome mappings on the Spectra soon?
Yep, I already got a few in mind.
Delena Katherman
Originally Posted by Stewe
Just saw mine was shipped out

Excited to receive my first MF!
Does that mean we will see some of your awesome mappings on the Spectra soon?
Adolf Hit

To do this ...

Latoria Kavulich
mine was in the spam box
Libbie Orion
i dont believe i have ever seen a thread on anyones website with so much activity for stuff they bought lol
You guys are going nuts replying to this BEFORE even getting the devices HAHAAH

awesome job DJTT
Awilda Boggie
I wonder how many MF needs to be assembled before it's mines turn arghhh

I suppose I' have to be thankful because you guys can work on mappings D
Shawnta Orenstein
I got this on the FedEX page So hopefully mine will be here tomorrow... will throw some pics up as soon as i have it in my hands

1/28/2013 - Monday 10:03 pm At local FedEx facility STOCKHOLM-ARLANDA SE
Tatum Ansaldo
Just got my shipping confirmation
Kellie Myrum
Just saw mine was shipped out

Excited to receive my first MF!
Awilda Boggie
Originally Posted by Tr1z
In theory thats true i believe. But what the HID is doing is masking the Spectra to appear as a F1 in Traktor. So im not sure if will replicate over to another device.

But then it is possible to map a hid device without first turning the hid signals to midi?

How would one do that?
Aleshia Nicaise
I assume HID mode sends HID messages

So then it should be possible to use the remix decks/ or at least traktor with a HID device no?

I wonder when my MF spectra will be put together :O
In theory thats true i believe. But what the HID is doing is masking the Spectra to appear as a F1 in Traktor. So im not sure if will replicate over to another device.
Awilda Boggie
Its the mapping that the Spectra comes with in the Utility. You just have to switch it into the Remix Decks firmware and make sure HID mode is on. If not it will send out regular MIDI messages that can be mapped to anything as usual.
I assume HID mode sends HID messages

So then it should be possible to use the remix decks/ or at least traktor with a HID device no?

I wonder when my MF spectra will be put together :O
Aleshia Nicaise
Originally Posted by Buffaz
Nice Video I cant wait till mine arrives here so i can get into some live remixing..

BTW.. what mapping are you using?

//Buffaz
Its the mapping that the Spectra comes with in the Utility. You just have to switch it into the Remix Decks firmware and make sure HID mode is on. If not it will send out regular MIDI messages that can be mapped to anything as usual.
Awilda Boggie
Originally Posted by hawaiibboy
I could repackage mine and act all surprised when I open it... Lol
hahahahahahaha

Made my day ;p
Deanne Baston
Originally Posted by antifmradio
Sounds to me like its time to have a new DJTT Blog on the website frontpage for just this topic.
MFSpectra numbers 5,6,8,9,10 are unaccounted for. So if you are a DJTT member who receieved either of these numbers,
help us track you down and post your unbox vid
I could repackage mine and act all surprised when I open it... Lol
Awilda Boggie
lol @ 1:40 where you called the 'ahhh' sound XD lol ^^
Shawnta Orenstein
I just threw together this mix from pieces of an old one i made. I just wanted to show everyone some of my skills even though i give this performance about at C+, maybe B- lol. But watch it anyways! I dont have my GoPro camera yet so i apologize beforehand for the shaking video quality.
Nice Video I cant wait till mine arrives here so i can get into some live remixing..

BTW.. what mapping are you using?

//Buffaz
Aleshia Nicaise
Originally Posted by hawaiibboy
lol if it was a evening club i believe there wouldn't be enough time for everyone then... 24/7 too much to deal with, no down time to clean up, also i'd have to agree need so much stuff it would be absurd!

Nice vid! I'm loving finding out who has the first few spectras. Now I know who grabbed one right after me

Can't wait to see the follow up videos of you jamming out on your spectra!
I just threw together this mix from pieces of an old one i made. I just wanted to show everyone some of my skills even though i give this performance about at C+, maybe B- lol. But watch it anyways! I dont have my GoPro camera yet so i apologize beforehand for the shaking video quality.
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by fokaisnake
Nice unboxing vid, I believe this is he first one to exist on Youtube. RJD2 & Prefuse have #1 and #2, hawaiiboy has #3, you have #4, and I have #7. That leaves 5,6,8,9,10 unaccounted for to complete the top ten units. WHO'S GOT EM??? REVEAL YOURSELVES!!!
Sounds to me like its time to have a new DJTT Blog on the website frontpage for just this topic.
MFSpectra numbers 5,6,8,9,10 are unaccounted for. So if you are a DJTT member who receieved either of these numbers,
help us track you down and post your unbox vid
Nedra Fresneda
I'm believeing mine is 120ish.
Kellie Myrum
Haha, my bet is towards the end of summer.
Latoria Kavulich
ETA, Christmas
Kellie Myrum
Hopefully I'll be anywhere before #150
Latoria Kavulich
Lucky for some I believe tekki's is #74 and my one is #93
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by jdownesbaird
#5 right here! I can give photo proof later...
Nice!
Delena Katherman
#5 right here! I can give photo proof later...
Nevada Edgette
Here is my unboxing video and first impressions everyone i was unit #4
Nice unboxing vid, I believe this is he first one to exist on Youtube. RJD2 & Prefuse have #1 and #2, hawaiiboy has #3, you have #4, and I have #7. That leaves 5,6,8,9,10 unaccounted for to complete the top ten units. WHO'S GOT EM??? REVEAL YOURSELVES!!!
Deanne Baston
lol why not a evening club? or maybe 24/7 tho you would need everything twice if it overheats ;O
lol if it was a evening club i believe there wouldn't be enough time for everyone then... 24/7 too much to deal with, no down time to clean up, also i'd have to agree need so much stuff it would be absurd!

Here is my unboxing video and first impressions everyone i was unit #4
Nice vid! I'm loving finding out who has the first few spectras. Now I know who grabbed one right after me
I'm going to be making some performance videos using the Midi Fighter Spectra with Traktor and Ableton so try to stay updated with my videos.  Also my Spectra is one of the pictures their using to market it when you click on it in the shop, which is just awesome to me lol.
Can't wait to see the follow up videos of you jamming out on your spectra!
Latoria Kavulich
damn you sir, we needs our rgas fixx
Random X
Originally Posted by Ed Paris
man! i can
Aleshia Nicaise
@Tr1z
Thank you sir!

I love unboxings^^
I'm going to be making some performance videos using the Midi Fighter Spectra with Traktor and Ableton so try to stay updated with my videos.  Also my Spectra is one of the pictures their using to market it when you click on it in the shop, which is just awesome to me lol.
Matt Kane
man! i can

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy