MIDI Fighter Spectra

MIDI Fighter Spectra
Posted on: 14.01.2013 by Pearly Revely
At least now we know the name. Commence gearlust.

Courtesy of Prefuse 73 on IG.

MOD EDIT:

Originally Posted by midifidler
Hey just a note for all you you who have brought a Spectra.

Today I noticed a small software bug which affects some (~20%)units, the symptom is that when upgrading the firmware instead of going into boot-loader mode the device just resets.

I have released a firmware update which fixes this on all units, once you update your Spectra with this code the firmware update will work without any issue.

To do this ...

Connect your Spectra, start the utility, click update firmware, when you see the Spectra display its start up pattern pull out the USB, hold the four corner arcade buttons and connect the USB again. The device should now show the blue boot-loader pattern and the utility will continue the update process.
Random X
Niiiiiiiiiiice, and congratulations on the #6 unit!

Hope you'll like it!
Paula Kuerschner
Unit #6 finally arrived
Meta Gutter
Originally Posted by Loserkid
I wanted to use instant grat mapping because when I used to had the classic I only use 2 decks A + B so bancks C D was mapped for Loops values and cue points... I wanted to do the same here, but Only the A Bank was working good 'cause Bank B was missplaced (beatmashers were in the 4th row and lo fi and gater on the 2nd) so I rebooted my midi fighter a couple time, reinstalled the midi fighter software and try again till the MF (mother fucker) worked (I used the spectra instagrat mapping and I also was having issues with that one until it worked, the mapping for the classic never worked)
So all you did was reset the MF and reinstall your MF utlitly, and the instant grat mapping worked? I'm having the exact same issue, and I'm practically ripping my hair out over it. I've reset the MF twice, and I'm getting the same problem still.
What version of Traktor are you using? I just updated to 2.6.
Random X
Originally Posted by MyUsername
Was just about to ask for the track ID, but it's yours and still unreleased at the moment ?

congratz
Thanks,full details be found in the white bar at the end.

Originally Posted by Stewe
Thought I heard second something

Welcomes! Looking forwards to it mate!
Thanks,you're right about hearing second... it was the second unit Mike has designed/built for me.

That's also why I kept the white and clear design with the spectra.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by tekki
Ah well, actually it's unit #74, but it's the second one Michael Mitchell a.k.a. midifidler has designed/built for me.
Thought I heard second something

And thanks, just wait until you hear the complete track!
Welcomes! Looking forwards to it mate!
Nereida Jasnoch
Was just about to ask for the track ID, but it's yours and still unreleased at the moment ?

congratz
Random X
Unit #2 hell yeah! Nailed with your remix as well
Ah well, actually it's unit #74, but it's the second one Michael Mitchell a.k.a. midifidler has designed/built for me.

Originally Posted by Jester
sweet!
It is! I went for the quick unbox only, as that there are literally tons of vids showing the nice and shiny LEDringed arcade buttons.

But yeah... will see if all functions as should this weekend, and also try to hook up with Arkaei this weekend, and I guess we can take a look at that Jammeister 3k mapping, Jester!
Latoria Kavulich
Well, Vimeo needs a little less than an hour to convert the newer version, so here goes my unboxing vid.

Visual is not that well, soundtrack is kickass.

http://vimeo.com/lesliejones/mfspectra
sweet!
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by padi_04
There's no fun unless you build it
Hope I'll leave that fun for some other time
Kellie Myrum
Well, Vimeo needs a little less than an hour to convert the newer version, so here goes my unboxing vid.

Unit #2 hell yeah! Nailed with your remix as well
Nedra Fresneda
You know the feeling... Just hope they won't open it up (like actual unit), they did open my CNTRL:R last time and mess all pads, fader caps and one leg came shorter then others. Needed to put all back together after their service...
There's no fun unless you build it
Kellie Myrum
Pfaaaaaa... Day four just....
You know the feeling... Just hope they won't open it up (like actual unit), they did open my CNTRL:R last time and mess all pads, fader caps and one leg came shorter then others. Needed to put all back together after their service...

But hey, it was here after only one day so maybe there is a hope
Random X

Random X
Damn, can't wait... It's day four at customs
Pfaaaaaa... Day four just....
Kellie Myrum
Damn, can't wait... It's day four at customs
Kym Miki
Johnsie Zike
Haven't seen this combination so far, but I really like it. Especially with the LEDs
Nedra Fresneda
#115 reporting in

100B7061.jpg
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
All black everything, #125 specially made for me on my birthday by Ean Golden himself!
jealous...
Inell Rigterink
nice looking spectra's! - ive had mine for a little bit, saw this thread and thought to share a pic. Had to go with the wood grain + white buttons... (hopefully the white buttons don't get dirty, will see...

Latoria Kavulich
All black everything, #125 specially made for me on my birthday by Ean Golden himself!

looks very similar to the 3D with this combo. nice one

we should do a Mod's Spectra gallery thread soon eh.
Candy Vardy
Now I really want mine, you guys are making me jealous ha ha..

Can't wait for next month!
Sharen Burroughs
First post here, thought I would share my midi fighter spectra with you guys.

Cant wait to use it!
Yessenia Moulzolf
yeah hopefully it works... with no issues...
Nedra Fresneda
Sweet! Ordered the same combination, picking it up from the customs office on wednesday (bloody 5 day weekend)
Kellie Myrum

Nice! I went with same color, should be here tomorrow. You been honored !!
Tatum Ansaldo

Random X
Found this sitting on the deck this morning.

I still believe the buttons are colored Burple
Latoria Kavulich
so awesome he posted twice
Matt Kane
posting a picture of mine as well. #101 blk/blk/wooooooood!

579703_560597983951470_1158995478_n.jpg
Shawnta Orenstein
Sweet.. Looks like mine except i have blue case as well

//Buffaz
Latoria Kavulich
few teething problems getting it going and playing nice with the 3D, but all good now! i used beaubrytes suggestion with the device manager.
Nevada Edgette
AWESOME!!! Nice pic you got there!
Latoria Kavulich

Kellie Myrum
Your item is being processed by customs in SERBIA at 11:12 am on February 10, 2013.
Kiyoko Wellisch
ETA?

Linux compatible?
Adolf Hit
Then what was that whole "something directed to people who mix externally" thing ?
That would be telling...
Nereida Jasnoch
Originally Posted by midifidler
Hey all!

The Spectra will be back in stock by the 17th of Feb.

We will not be doing an updated pro, this will be the last Midi Fighter for a while.

We are going to continue to make the Pro, but only in limited releases. Generally we release about 5 -10 units for sale early in the week.
Then what was that whole "something directed to people who mix externally" thing ?
Adolf Hit
Hey all!

The Spectra will be back in stock by the 17th of Feb.

We will not be doing an updated pro, this will be the last Midi Fighter for a while.

We are going to continue to make the Pro, but only in limited releases. Generally we release about 5 -10 units for sale early in the week.
Kellie Myrum
New Pro with four superfaders would be super cool for mappings and remix deck control.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy