MIDI Fighter Spectra

MIDI Fighter Spectra
Posted on: 14.01.2013 by Pearly Revely
At least now we know the name. Commence gearlust.

Courtesy of Prefuse 73 on IG.

MOD EDIT:

Originally Posted by midifidler
Hey just a note for all you you who have brought a Spectra.

Today I noticed a small software bug which affects some (~20%)units, the symptom is that when upgrading the firmware instead of going into boot-loader mode the device just resets.

I have released a firmware update which fixes this on all units, once you update your Spectra with this code the firmware update will work without any issue.

To do this ...

Connect your Spectra, start the utility, click update firmware, when you see the Spectra display its start up pattern pull out the USB, hold the four corner arcade buttons and connect the USB again. The device should now show the blue boot-loader pattern and the utility will continue the update process.
Awilda Boggie
@Tr1z
Thank you sir!

I love unboxings^^
Aleshia Nicaise
Here is my unboxing video and first impressions everyone i was unit #4
Awilda Boggie
Originally Posted by hawaiibboy
Just have each day a different theme, music starts at 11am and goes til 2am. That way people people could come and rage on their lunch break!!!

lol why not a evening club? or maybe 24/7 tho you would need everything twice if it overheats ;O
Deanne Baston
Originally Posted by photojojo
Just ordered mine in sexy black is beautiful with a grey case.
Nice! I'm telling you, the grey case is awesome!!!

Originally Posted by tekki
That club would be great. Would you also consider flying people in?
I believe the rule would be sign up for a spot and you gotta find your way there. Lol although if someone was amazing, maybe have featured members that we fly there. Considering some of the members are touring DJs it could pan out well. Just have each day a different theme, music starts at 11am and goes til 2am. That way people people could come and rage on their lunch break!!!
Random X
Those would be nice. Mine includes another spectra and possibly a MF3D, as well as a set of monitors, and a club of my own for DJTT members to spin at and get the chance to play out. (Gotta dream big)
That club would be great. Would you also consider flying people in?
Leeanna Ayla
Just ordered mine in sexy black is beautiful with a grey case.
Deanne Baston
No RGAS bro', this has been on my wanted list for a very long time.
Those would be nice. Mine includes another spectra and possibly a MF3D, as well as a set of monitors, and a club of my own for DJTT members to spin at and get the chance to play out. (Gotta dream big)
Random X
Just be careful of RGAS! Not gonna lie, my spectra purchase was partly due to RGAS.
No RGAS bro', this has been on my wanted list for a very long time.
Deanne Baston
Hahahha, dude, as long as it works for ya, you're gear is solid!

(True I do want an Axiom25, R
Random X
I believe I feel that way because I have seen some of those posts and damn I'm envious! Lol booth lust instead of gear lust!
Hahahha, dude, as long as it works for ya, you're gear is solid!

(True I do want an Axiom25, R
Awilda Boggie
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Started my new job this week and haven't had a free second to order mine! Can't decide colours either, believeing maybe grey case clear top black buttons.
yeah I found it also hard to choose! but I edited some pictures on the site and tried different colors because I find it not so representative in the store (the options)
Tatum Ansaldo
Started my new job this week and haven't had a free second to order mine! Can't decide colours either, believeing maybe grey case clear top black buttons.
Deanne Baston
LoLz, why semi lame.

The important stuff is ace, otherwise I wouldn't have it myself. (S4, MF classic, MBP)
I believe I feel that way because I have seen some of those posts and damn I'm envious! Lol booth lust instead of gear lust!
Originally Posted by 32Digits
I suppose that's the 'Ash' version

thanks btw
No problem! I really like the wood grains but wish they came for the sides. I would have done that with a clear top and gotten two one with black buttons and one with white.
Awilda Boggie
I believe they did. If I can find it again I'll be sure to post it.
Courtesy of Manchildgetwild (aka: Mitch Manchild, the guy who built #1 and #2 plus mine) via statigr.am for InstaGram: http://statigr.am/viewer.php#/detail...3653_260642020
I suppose that's the 'Ash' version

thanks btw
Random X
LoLz, why semi lame.

The important stuff is ace, otherwise I wouldn't have it myself. (S4, MF classic, MBP)
Deanne Baston
Glad to help out bro'.

And the fiddler has already posted mine to be.

Will do a picture of my classic and spectra as soon as it arrives.
Saw it! Looks awesome! Can't wait to see the comparison. I need to get a few photos of my semi-lame setup. (Good gear, not so great speakers, and a folding table with a Walmart laptop stand. Lol)
Random X
@jester indeed. @tekki thanks for the magic. I still am not great at uploads on the community .

Any one else got some slick photos of your spectra? Would love to see them!
Glad to help out bro'.

Random X
@jester indeed. @tekki thanks for the magic. I still am not great at uploads on the community .

Glad to help out bro'.

Random X
@Jester Here we go (forgot to upload last evening )

I swear the buttons are purple

Attachment 15214
Loving color as displayed in the picture!
Deanne Baston
Did they post pictures of their MF spectra's? beside that sneak peak

AND YES! finally ordered mine ! but damn next time I'm going to hold a reserve on my Paypal...
I believe they did. If I can find it again I'll be sure to post it.

Courtesy of Manchildgetwild (aka: Mitch Manchild, the guy who built #1 and #2 plus mine) via statigr.am for InstaGram: http://statigr.am/viewer.php#/detail...3653_260642020
Awilda Boggie
Did they post pictures of their MF spectra's? beside that sneak peak

AND YES! finally ordered mine ! but damn next time I'm going to hold a reserve on my Paypal...
Deanne Baston
@haiwaiiboy

You actually got the very first unit we shipped out to customers, the first two went to RJD2 & Prefuse 73.

WTH???!!!! whoa! Crazy... guess I got in on the Spectra first!!! I knew about Prefuse 73 having got one as well as RJD2 from IG. I just checked the created on date from the image and it was earlier than mine. I sort of feel honored! I had better do something amazing with it and make a video of it... or become the next big thing.
Adolf Hit
@haiwaiiboy

You actually got the very first unit we shipped out to customers, the first two went to RJD2 & Prefuse 73.
Awilda Boggie
me too, Still haven't decided colors
Latoria Kavulich
will update my show your setup thread when my one arrives.
Deanne Baston

Random X
Did some imagery magic!
Latoria Kavulich
Class.
Deanne Baston
@DJDoubleYou So far no one has used the grey buttons, 1 person used a grey case, and 1 person a grey top, this is suprising to us because the grey looks great! Maybe it is because we didn't use grey in the circulated promotional shots.
Here are some shots of the grey case... it is a super slick color. I'm digging it. Also i'm digging the fact that I got number 3... Mahalo yall at DJTT!
Valery Ellick
Well, I have been believeing about retiring one MFC from its hardcore button mashing days and using it as an EQ kill controller since the S4 lacks EQ Kills (the only thing that irks me about the S4). Besides that I wouldn't mind using one MFC and the MFS together for various things. Lately I have been using the two MFCs as such: one with the InstaGrat Mapping and the other with the DeckFocusABCD mapping. I have not gotten into the remix decks much but do use 4 decks sometimes when I'm cue juggling and mixing quickly. I played a bit with the MFS DeckGrat mapping and nothing else (no S4 or MFCs).

PS: Xtian317 I love the fact that you list kazoo. You running that bad boy through a mic yet for some loop recording?
In my case: Once I get a decent mapping that works with traktor 2.6 going on my MF Pro, I my plan to use it for sampling/cue point juggling/macro FX (w/ the faders)/beat slicer and the MF3D for FX and remix decks.

As for the kazoo, I run it through a full guitar FX rig and loop the shit out of it (eat your heart out DubFX)...lol
Latoria Kavulich
I may have to try one of the older mapings or make a new one as i use an older version of traktor.
As i have the 3D already i might use the spectras for cue points etc.
Shawnta Orenstein
Great thnx.... cant wait to get my hands on it

//Buffaz
Deanne Baston
Originally Posted by Buffaz
How will it work out with the Mappings for this.. is it possible to use the original MF mappings? Will there be any mappings supplied with the unit?

//Buffaz
FlashFlooder has uploaded a mapping: MF Spectra DeckGrat It is a re-work of the MF3D mapping by the same name. Seems to be pretty stable right now, definitely has a few little bugs but i'm sure those can be worked out at some point.

As for the original MF mappings, I'm pretty sure you'd be able to use them. I tried out the original Deckalized mapping and it seemed to work.

Hopefully there will be some other options in the near future. One can only speculate.
Shawnta Orenstein
How will it work out with the Mappings for this.. is it possible to use the original MF mappings? Will there be any mappings supplied with the unit?

//Buffaz
Awilda Boggie
Originally Posted by Jester
move to new zealand, where you don't have to pay customs and the sheep run very slow.
That's like at the end of the world (at least it is for me )
Latoria Kavulich
@Jester Here we go (forgot to upload last evening )

I swear the buttons are purple

Attachment 15214

Looks fantastic mate. Churr
Shawnta Orenstein
wow I'd freak out too ^^ 580 :O
Believe me this is my usual luck something has to get me in a panic state everytime i order from the US.. and somehow i always get caught in customs and all my friends packages slip through... Its like customs have an alarm that goes off as soon as my name passes through
Latoria Kavulich
move to new zealand, where you don't have to pay customs and the sheep run very slow.
Awilda Boggie
wow I'd freak out too ^^ 580 :O
Shawnta Orenstein
@32Digits

We already put the lowest value (99USD) we can sorry :/
HMMMM Just today i was first contacted by FedEX that i needed to pay around 580 USD in Customs for one MF... when i contacted them it was declared with 1999,80 USD in value on the package.. but after some discussion with them they wrote it down to 199,98 USD so i got away with 55 USD in customs... got a bit sweaty there for a while, but it all worked out allthough mine did not say 99 USD

Now its just waiting for the delivery next week

//Buffaz

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy