MIDI Fighter Spectra

MIDI Fighter Spectra
Posted on: 14.01.2013 by Pearly Revely
At least now we know the name. Commence gearlust.

Courtesy of Prefuse 73 on IG.

MOD EDIT:

Originally Posted by midifidler
Hey just a note for all you you who have brought a Spectra.

Today I noticed a small software bug which affects some (~20%)units, the symptom is that when upgrading the firmware instead of going into boot-loader mode the device just resets.

I have released a firmware update which fixes this on all units, once you update your Spectra with this code the firmware update will work without any issue.

To do this ...

Connect your Spectra, start the utility, click update firmware, when you see the Spectra display its start up pattern pull out the USB, hold the four corner arcade buttons and connect the USB again. The device should now show the blue boot-loader pattern and the utility will continue the update process.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by 32Digits
Can't people use MF Classic mappings for Spectra?

I mean the mappings are just midi signals mapped to effects etc? so it must be possible to MF classic mappings
----

example:
MF classic deck A was something like this
C2 C#2 D2 D#2 -----> C2 would be mapped to lets say 'play' and C#2: 'cue' etc..
G#1 A1 A#1 B1
E1 F1 F#1 G1
C1 C#A D1 D#1

Now if the spectra sends the same signals C2 C#2 etc.. you just use the MF classic mapping

Correct me if I'm wrong =)
That would make sense, at least I'd use this logic if I was creator
Awilda Boggie
Can't people use MF Classic mappings for Spectra?

I mean the mappings are just midi signals mapped to effects etc? so it must be possible to use MF classic mappings
----

example:
MF classic deck A was something like this
C2 C#2 D2 D#2 -----> C2 would be mapped to lets say 'play' and C#2: 'cue' etc..
G#1 A1 A#1 B1
E1 F1 F#1 G1
C1 C#A D1 D#1

Now if the spectra sends the same signals C2 C#2 etc.. you just use the MF classic mapping

Correct me if I'm wrong =)
Candy Vardy
Does anyone have, or maybe can recommend a good deckalized A + B mapping for the MFS?

I was looking for one on DJTT, but couldn't find anything. I'll be buying 2 MFS to control decks A & B respectively. The only one i had found was one for controlling and triggering effects. I would make a mapping myself, but I'm not the brightest when it comes to mappings TBH.
Awilda Boggie
I'd like to see the red/pinkish light someone can take a picture of that? ;DD

I saw it in the MF spectra video (the one zach was playing on) combined with blue buttons on yellow top: looked great

mine should look like this
zz.jpg
An Boldosser
Originally Posted by Buffaz
Check this thread http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=66687 should have all the info you need

//Buffaz
ahh perfect, thanks
Shawnta Orenstein
Originally Posted by secretseven
does anyone know the LED values? i tried using the ones from the 3D but i guess they're different?
Check this thread http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=66687 should have all the info you need

//Buffaz
An Boldosser
does anyone know the LED values? i tried using the ones from the 3D but i guess they're different?
Delena Katherman
Originally Posted by antifmradio
actually i believe the "opportunity" belongs to you guys
This is a chance to use your creativity and start making some mappings.

If you all start showing us some and in turn showing eachother some mappings
it will broaden your ideas even further ( yea i know that sounds all PLUR and whatnot but...)
believe about it

Instead of everyone saying "I didnt do it because no one else did it...."
then nothing would get done.

If you guys are the starters...... then you are the ones who would be known as the originators of MANY MANY mappings.

Im sorry.... money is one thing but prestige, thats a whole different kinda recognition. Id take it
Hey, I agree. It just would have been nice to have the creators of the tool provide us with an example of how they potentially envisioned it could be used to its fullest, which in no way would have stopped the community from doing the same. We all respect the guys who make this stuff, and it's just wishful believeing that these same dudes would make a badass mapping. Guys like me have only rudimentary mapping skills, and I'm doing my best to learn. Until then, I have to depend on other visionaries to lay the groundwork. None of this was meant to be critical of DJTT. I just admire their work!
Libbie Orion
actually i believe the "opportunity" belongs to you guys
This is a chance to use your creativity and start making some mappings.

If you all start showing us some and in turn showing eachother some mappings
it will broaden your ideas even further ( yea i know that sounds all PLUR and whatnot but...)
believe about it

Instead of everyone saying "I didnt do it because no one else did it...."
then nothing would get done.

If you guys are the starters...... then you are the ones who would be known as the originators of MANY MANY mappings.

Im sorry.... money is one thing but prestige, thats a whole different kinda recognition. Id take it
Delena Katherman
Originally Posted by arcade16

I'm no stranger to midi controllers (or Midifighters, had a classic) but are we just expected to make our own mappings?
I have to say, I totally agree with you. I love my Spectra (and the one map for it works quite well) but it seems like DJTT missed a great opportunity. It's an exciting new product, and it should have launched with a new mapping that was specifically designed for the product (rather than an update of an old mapping from a user). I trust the community will be providing some badass mappings before too long, but why wouldn't they commission one of these mapping gurus to make an official DJTT Spectra map for the actual launch? Most of the awesome 3D mappings use the motion controls or 4 bank buttons, so they are not ideal for the Spectra. Most of the awesome Midi Fighter classic mappings use arcade buttons for bank switching, and don't take advantage of the Spectra's 6 extra buttons. I would love for the actual designers of the product to provide a mapping that is specifically optimized to talk advantage of its features.
Gay Danuser
Originally Posted by fokaisnake
Those colors look nasty! LEDs must really pop with all that black.
They certainly do! Here's two more pics in a darker setting, FYI this is with the "dim" purple settings in the MF config (the buttons light up bright purple with each press).

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg
Nevada Edgette
IMG_0414.jpgIMG_0415.jpgIMG_0416.jpg

Here you go, it looks sick! Matches NI gear very well, and lets you use all the LED colors without looking tacky.

Anyone got an answer regarding mappings?
Those colors look nasty! LEDs must really pop with all that black.
Kellie Myrum
Thanks! I like black gear and this looks badass, will sit next to black CNTRL:R pretty nice.

As for mappings there is only one Spectra TSI for now (deck-grat) and it's under mappings page. For use remix decks you'll need to dl and update firmware - must say I'm not familiar with since this will be my first MF. Check some of sticky threads in this community , there should be some details for 3D and steps shouldn't be much different for Spectra.
Kandy Kuenn

Here you go, it looks sick! Matches NI gear very well, and lets you use all the LED colors without looking tacky.

from another thread:

Hey Guys,

I will put up full MIDI documentation sometime this week, sorry for the delay!

PS This will be found on the downloads tab of the product page
Gay Danuser
Originally Posted by Stewe
Can you upload a pic please? That looks exactly as mine, would be nice to see it before mine arrives.

Kellie Myrum
So I just got my Spectra (#109 , Matte Black top with Black case)
Can you upload a pic please? That looks exactly as mine, would be nice to see it before mine arrives.
Gay Danuser
So I just got my Spectra (#109 , Matte Black top with Black case) , and I couldn't help but notice, there are no spectra mappings on the site...

No setup guide either...

I'm no stranger to midi controllers (or Midifighters, had a classic) but are we just expected to make our own mappings? How do we, for example, setup the spectra to work with remix decks?

Surprised DJTT doesn't have a video up or even a text guide...
Awilda Boggie
Originally Posted by Wafelstroop
same here. and i keep checking the fedex tracking page to see where its at right now
yehe neighbour (i'm belgian) what color options did you choose?

Originally Posted by Jester
I may as well jump on the bandwagon and do an unboxing as well eh
Meant to do one for the 3D but was too excited when it finally arrived
Lol
Shawnta Orenstein
Originally Posted by hawaiibboy
Buffaz-
i am assuming you are talking about the DeckGrat Mapping?

if so: you hold the shift button and hit an effect and it will hold the effect allowing you to jump over to do whatever else you could possibly need to do!
Thanks i will give that a try.. might be what im looking for, i have just been watching that youtube video of Ean Golden explaining the mapping and when he gets an effect that he really likes he presses the bank button that he is in and it holds that effect combo till he presses it again

Edit: This video and explained at 4.40

//Buffaz
Latoria Kavulich
I may as well jump on the bandwagon and do an unboxing as well eh
Meant to do one for the 3D but was too excited when it finally arrived
Deanne Baston
Looking forward to see some more mappings for this beast like the one thats out now but would like the Hold buttons at the top like the original Instant Gratification mapping.. might not be hard to make but i cant really get my head around this mapping thing

//Buffaz
Buffaz-
i am assuming you are talking about the DeckGrat Mapping?

if so: you hold the shift button and hit an effect and it will hold the effect allowing you to jump over to do whatever else you could possibly need to do!
Kandy Kuenn
Originally Posted by 32Digits
oo I'm excited :P

fedex says my package will arive monday
same here. and i keep checking the fedex tracking page to see where its at right now
Shawnta Orenstein
Looking forward to see some more mappings for this beast like the one thats out now but would like the Hold buttons at the top like the original Instant Gratification mapping.. might not be hard to make but i cant really get my head around this mapping thing

//Buffaz
Awilda Boggie
Will be a little something for everyone. From simple ones to ultimate tools.
oo I'm excited :P

fedex says my package will arive monday O.o i'm like wait 1 more week

cause next week it's like freakin party time: Everyone finishes exams on/before friday and students will be partying all week long =D
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by 0Notice
Instant Grat Isolation FX... Maybe?
Will be a little something for everyone. From simple ones to ultimate tools.
Awilda Boggie
man I recently saw this old video:

This is actually a pretty nice 'design' fits perfect next to F1/X1 and it has the same size
Awilda Boggie
HAHA i will try to get around to do that
I look forward to that the more video's the happier I get I just like watching gear reviews/video's ^^
Shawnta Orenstein
HAHA i will try to get around to do that
Awilda Boggie
Edit: i solved this now... i tried a couple more times and then it worked suddenly so now im updated
//Buffaz
Video video!
Shawnta Orenstein
@Buffaz

So to use the remix decks you do need to change which firmware it is using, that cannot be done on win8, but as soon as you have changed the firmware you can use the utility in windows 8 to configure the remix functionality.

When you say it is stuck on 40% is that in reference to updating on windows 8 or another system?
No its on Win8 but i brought my MF to work today as we are running Win 7 here. But now it stops on 50% saying failed to find a MF in Bootloader mode. if it helps you then here is the Log

Edit: i solved this now... i tried a couple more times and then it worked suddenly so now im updated

//Buffaz
Adolf Hit
@Buffaz

So to use the remix decks you do need to change which firmware it is using, that cannot be done on win8, but as soon as you have changed the firmware you can use the utility in windows 8 to configure the remix functionality.

When you say it is stuck on 40% is that in reference to updating on windows 8 or another system?
Valeri Millstein
Yep, I already got a few in mind.
Instant Grat Isolation FX... Maybe?
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by fokaisnake
According to IG, Ean assembled around 10 units. Be cool to get one of those!
That's cool to know!
Deanne Baston
So finally here is my MF Spectra Unit #62

Attachment 15338
Attachment 15339

@midifidler: Thanks good to know, i have got it running already anyway and has been playing around

//Buffaz
That is one slick spectra there buddy! I'm liking the blue clear blue combo. I'm already debating what my next spectra shal look like!
Nevada Edgette
According to IG, Ean assembled around 10 units. Be cool to get one of those!
Awilda Boggie
Its pretty cool especially with all the lights going on but i must have tried a hundred combinations in the tool before i decided on this configuration... Although i believe i got the Clear Glossy top even though i ordered Clear Matte but i dont really mind

Just wondering as well... since i cant use the MF Utility i cant set it to use the remix decks, will i be able to do that if i update the firmware on another computer? Now it just wants to start downloading something and stops again at 40%

//Buffaz

I'd just go and try prolly will work
Shawnta Orenstein
Its pretty cool especially with all the lights going on but i must have tried a hundred combinations in the tool before i decided on this configuration... Although i believe i got the Clear Glossy top even though i ordered Clear Matte but i dont really mind

Just wondering as well... since i cant use the MF Utility i cant set it to use the remix decks, will i be able to do that if i update the firmware on another computer? Now it just wants to start downloading something and stops again at 40%

//Buffaz
Awilda Boggie

@midifidler: Thanks good to know, i have got it running already anyway and has been playing around

//Buffaz

Looks sweet Never thought that transparent top would look that nice ^^
Shawnta Orenstein

//Buffaz
Awilda Boggie
Yay mine was shipped out today

I hope this feeling stays till thursday when I fill in my exam

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy