MIDI Fighter Spectra

MIDI Fighter Spectra
Posted on: 14.01.2013 by Pearly Revely
At least now we know the name. Commence gearlust.

Courtesy of Prefuse 73 on IG.

MOD EDIT:

Originally Posted by midifidler
Hey just a note for all you you who have brought a Spectra.

Today I noticed a small software bug which affects some (~20%)units, the symptom is that when upgrading the firmware instead of going into boot-loader mode the device just resets.

I have released a firmware update which fixes this on all units, once you update your Spectra with this code the firmware update will work without any issue.

To do this ...

Connect your Spectra, start the utility, click update firmware, when you see the Spectra display its start up pattern pull out the USB, hold the four corner arcade buttons and connect the USB again. The device should now show the blue boot-loader pattern and the utility will continue the update process.
Cole Maroto
Originally Posted by fokaisnake
Yep, last evening . I live in Sacramento and it's being shipped from Sanfran.
that's awesome. i'm just one state over so i hope it comes pretty quickly as well.
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by squidot
nice! damn, did you put the spectra order in last evening ? that seems really quick for building and shipping. i hope i get mine that soon!
Yep, last evening . I live in Sacramento and it's being shipped from Sanfran.
Era Roka
Can you add some buttons your self, like the MF classic?
Tera Baragan
Originally Posted by squidot
nice! damn, did you put the spectra order in last evening ? that seems really quick for building and shipping. i hope i get mine that soon!
I have to wait a couple weeks till I can get mine. Walnut fashooo
Cole Maroto
Originally Posted by fokaisnake
Put my classic up for sale last evening on eBay and it sold in less than 3hrs for the BIN price of $150. Probably would've sold for more but that pretty much pays for my Spectra. BTW, tracking info for the Spectra says it will be here tomorrow!
Nevada Edgette
Put my classic up for sale last evening on eBay and it sold in less than 3hrs for the BIN price of $150. Probably would've sold for more but that pretty much pays for my Spectra. BTW, tracking info for the Spectra says it will be here tomorrow!
Deangelo Boender
Of all the features in all the previous renditions of the midi fighter, the only one I wanted was dedicated shift buttons. I've never even felt the slightest urge to replace or upgrade my classic until now. If I can flip my classic for a reasonable price, I will definitely be purchasing a spectra.
Candy Vardy
Can't wait to get mine!

Tera Baragan
Originally Posted by No Left Turn
I should also note that I don't really feel disappointed by the release of this product. It's not like I feel let down by DJTT, far from it. With a name like MIDI Fighter Spectra, I was just expecting something different.
Ahh alright, makes sense. I believe the pro will be slick!
Meg Reinoehl
I should also note that I don't really feel disappointed by the release of this product. It's not like I feel let down by DJTT, far from it. With a name like MIDI Fighter Spectra, I was just expecting something different.
Ulysses Vittetoe
Originally Posted by AllDay
I believe you are the only one dissapointed lol.

Controller looks supa sick, glad the buttons have springs in them for crabbing.
Haven't the Sanwa buttons always had springs in them? I have no idea why they would mention that like it's a new feature.
Joesph Kasian

Alot of people are disappointed because they ignored the fact it was just going to be an update of their original midi fighter, not a brand new feature-fresh product.

Personally, with a 3D, a classic and a pro beatmasher this doesn't tempt me at all - I will however sell the Pro when (if) the Pro Spectra comes out - the beatmasher was a massive disappointment in terms of functions, working with multiple controllers and support - it got forgotten the second the 3D landed.
Tera Baragan
Originally Posted by No Left Turn
Personally, I was only "disappointed" because the name implies that it's a new type of MIDI Fighter, which it really isn't. Don't get me wrong, the Spectra is still a great product and I believe the DJTT crew did an excellent job of refreshing the Classic, essentially being mk2. I believe if it were called MF Classic 2.0/mk2 then there would be less people feeling "disappointed" that this wasn't a completely new thing. With the Pros and 3D, you had a sense of what the product was without even looking or seeing the controller. The Spectra just doesn't capture that same feeling.

Paula Kuerschner
Originally Posted by edeoldi
Does anybody know which top-color this is? It looks awesome!
https://s3.amazonaws.com/bedrock-pro...jpg?1358792495
mb Black Matte
Jeffrey Akinsanya
the buttons on the side are a nice addition gives the unit way more potencial to be used with different applications
Meg Reinoehl
Originally Posted by MyUsername
Don't get me wrong, I believe it's a kick ass controller and I'm believeing about getting one or a MF Pro (really don't like the feel of maschine pads ) but the earliest reactions in the thread were from people that expected a godly do all flair overload controller. And were disappointed when they saw a decent MF classic 2.0

Thought it was pretty funny.
Personally, I was only "disappointed" because the name implies that it's a new type of MIDI Fighter, which it really isn't. Don't get me wrong, the Spectra is still a great product and I believe the DJTT crew did an excellent job of refreshing the Classic, essentially being mk2. I believe if it were called MF Classic 2.0/mk2 then there would be less people feeling "disappointed" that this wasn't a completely new thing. With the Pros and 3D, you had a sense of what the product was without even looking or seeing the controller. The Spectra just doesn't capture that same feeling.
Breanne Penge
Originally Posted by Nicky H
Pretty impressive - would've liked 4 pots at the top of each row for the filter on the remix decks (or volume) - believe they've missed a trick there - but at that price it's great value.
I smell a new batch of midifighter spectra pro's
Kiyoko Wellisch
I thought it was pretty obvious the classic mk2 was coming with the classic no longer being avalible tbh
Nereida Jasnoch
Originally Posted by tekki
Excited about nothing, I would not agree on that one.

MFs are now cheaper than the classics used to be. They are more sturdy, due to housing redesign _and_ they have extra buttons on the side.
I would say it's a nice update.
Don't get me wrong, I believe it's a kick ass controller and I'm believeing about getting one or a MF Pro (really don't like the feel of maschine pads ) but the earliest reactions in the thread were from people that expected a godly do all flair overload controller. And were disappointed when they saw a decent MF classic 2.0

Thought it was pretty funny.
Janyce Henningson
Originally Posted by LoveBeat
WOW I'm amazed, the Spectra is way better than the 3D and it's less priced!! btw the 6 buttons in the sides are 6 banks buttons? If I'm right I'm totally picking one!!!
Complementing the grid are 6 side-mounted function buttons. Using the Midi Fighter Utility software, these are configurable to send MIDI notes, CCs or even perform special functions such as bank selection.
Pretty impressive - would've liked 4 pots at the top of each row for the filter on the remix decks (or volume) - believe they've missed a trick there - but at that price it's great value.
Nga Mcquarter
WOW I'm amazed, the Spectra is way better than the 3D and it's less priced!! btw the 6 buttons in the sides are 6 banks buttons? If I'm right I'm totally picking one!!!
Brunilda Kora
The functionality of each button is easily customizable in the Midi Fighter Utility (visible below), including many HID operations not possible through in traditional MIDI controllers.
Hello cheeky... F1 hack ahoy!
Lillia Datson
Well im getting $225 dollars with standard shipping, so about
Kiyoko Wellisch
How much would it come to after shipping from the US and import taxes?
Lillia Datson
I really dont need one....but i want one. One of these for the remix decks or an F1? Its the cheaper option....
Kiyoko Wellisch
You shouldnt have it flush up against stuff tho, it should be free for finger drumming n such!
How would having it flush prevent you from finger drumming..?
Ulysses Okelly
Originally Posted by dsquareddan
if anyone wants to style their 3D like the new Spectra, grab a sheet of vinyl from 3M. I'm getting some blue tomorrow from a friend who wraps vehicles in vinyl sticker material. Wont work for the buttons or the rubber sides, but you can definitely recolour the top. And they have gold and chrome vinyl now too, plus carbon fiber, wood grain, brushed aluminum. If you know somewhere that does these applications just go down and ask for a sample. the piece will probably be big enough to fit the front of the 3D
shhh, don't tell everyone
farbon kibre midifighter would look tough as
Awilda Boggie
Originally Posted by Jester
The new design is bulletproof.
yeh pretty much so
Tera Baragan
Originally Posted by MrPopinjay
So how does switching banks work? Using the top 4 buttons like on the MF classic? While I've not used one I feel that using buttons on the side of the controller would be a little uncomfortable, especially if you have your other gear flush up against it.
You shouldnt have it flush up against stuff tho, it should be free for finger drumming n such!
Kiyoko Wellisch
So how does switching banks work? Using the top 4 buttons like on the MF classic? While I've not used one I feel that using buttons on the side of the controller would be a little uncomfortable, especially if you have your other gear flush up against it.
Latoria Kavulich
Yes the same as on the 3D version
Kiyoko Wellisch
So those bumps on the side are also buttons?

I doubt that config tool is going to have a Linux version.
Latoria Kavulich
The new design is bulletproof.
Random X
Originally Posted by MyUsername
hahaha, everybody got excited over nothing and now they're all disappointed.

Gotta say one of the only controllers that looks sick with wood finish.

Also happened to notice that the MF Pros are no longer in the shop...
Excited about nothing, I would not agree on that one.

MFs are now cheaper than the classics used to be. They are more sturdy, due to housing redesign _and_ they have extra buttons on the side.
I would say it's a nice update.

Now just hope they have a nice and clean result as I have with my MF classic.
Preston Oya
sure, i'll post pics once it's done. I already did my V-Moda's in Carbon Fiber. Cheaper than ordering custom colored plates, and its removable when I want to change them again. Its not something you want to wrap your whole computer in tho as this type of vinyl is not a good heat transfer for when your laptop gets hot.
Valeri Millstein
Originally Posted by dsquareddan
if anyone wants to style their 3D like the new Spectra, grab a sheet of vinyl from 3M. I'm getting some blue tomorrow from a friend who wraps vehicles in vinyl sticker material. Wont work for the buttons or the rubber sides, but you can definitely recolour the top. And they have gold and chrome vinyl now too, plus carbon fiber, wood grain, brushed aluminum. If you know somewhere that does these applications just go down and ask for a sample. the piece will probably be big enough to fit the front of the 3D
Let me know how that works out, sounds like a good idea.
Preston Oya
Latoria Kavulich
Probably they will be run off their feet assembling hundreds of these bad boys.
Valeri Millstein
Well since the Pros have been removed I hope we can soon see a Pro Spectra...
Nevada Edgette
Will there be any new official mappings released for the Spectra?

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy