DJTT VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition Mapping (Traktor Pro 2)

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: DJTT VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition Mapping (Traktor Pro 2)Reply
DJTT VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition Mapping (Traktor Pro 2)
Posted on: 09.03.2012 by Jodi Lacerra
This is to be used as the official thread for the DJ Techtools VCI-400SE Ean Golden Edition mapping for Traktor Pro 2. TO use this mapping, please make sure to be running at least TPro2 version 2.1 or greater to avoid any unexpected issues. The mapping was tested and created on TPro2 v2.1.2.

PLEASE NOTE: The VCI-400SE (Ean Golden Edition) has DJ Techtools custom firmware on the controller so this mapping WILL NOT function correctly as expected with regular VCI-400 units.

After downloading the mapping, you will need to Import the mapping into Traktor using the large "Import" button on the bottom left of the Preferences section (note that using this large Import button will overwrite all other loaded mappings, so please export your current settings first if you want to back them up).

If it is the first time importing this mapping, you will want to go through the Import process twice due to an infamous Traktor bug where the Effect settings do not load properly on the first Import. You can verify if the effect settings loaded correctly by trying the "Gratify" effects or any of the "JogFX" and ensuring that the proper effects load (this can be checked with the Summary pdf as the expected effects are listed in there).

After importing the mapping, you will want to go into the Controller Manager of Traktor's Preferences, select the DJTT VCI-400SE mapping in the "Device" listbox and make sure your In-Port and Out-Port are set correctly. "All Ports" is ok to keep if this is the only controller you have plugged into your computer. Otherwise, you may want to set the In-Port and Out-Port specifically to the VCI-400 to avoid any potentially Midi confusion between mappings.

Note: The mapping and pdf summary should have been sent in your Shipping confirmation email; however, in the case you did not receive it, I have reposted the tsi and pdf summary to this thread.

Should you find any bugs or have any questions regarding the mapping, please use this community thread to post your comments. Thanks!

DJTT VCI-400_TSI_v1.1.1.tsi
DJTT VCI400SE Mapping Summary.pdf

NOTE: There will be a tutorial video for this mapping early next week. We have to refilm now because our media got corrupted. We will also likely shoot a setup video too.

For now, after loading the mapping you want to move most knobs and faders to reset them correctly. You will also want to press Shift+Tempo Fader middle position (where the red light turns on) for each Tempo fader upon starting up Traktor. This will properly set the tempo range to +-8% (instead of 0% to 16%). This occurs because the default Tempo command is a relative command with a total range of 16%. Shift+ the Tempo fader is a direct Tempo fader command with a range of +-50%. This range can be changed in the Transport section of Preferences.

UPDATE: See below for the VCI-400SE Mapping Tutorial Video I did recently. Hope it helps!
Jayne Watland
So it looks like version 2.1 took care of issues i was having.
Originally Posted by pfef
The scratch function does not work no matter how lose you make jog wheels when on vinyl mode. It only stops the track. Another suggestion is to add delete function to sample decks. Everything else seems to be fine
Selma Broxmeyer
Originally Posted by yeahd
I just checked - not related to a Quantization issue. I'll make a video to show what I mean when I get home from work.
Ok - figured it out. Slicer mode doesn't work properly with keylock enabled. you get the aforementioned bug where the audio from the first cue cuts into the rest of them.
Charmain Liesegang
The issue with the jog wheel seems to be a bug of sorts.
I have to readjust the sensitivity dial to make it work again properly.

It seems to happen when I go from normal jog/cue mode into the jogfx and back.
Jewell Bisignano
Originally Posted by bxp
I'm having an issue getting the updated tsi mapping file to take in Traktor controller manager. I've imported it multiple times already as suggested. When I select the device DJTT-VCI 400 SE**** and close the dialog box, when I go back the Pro 2 default mapping always is selected. I've tried exiting out of the program and importing it several times already. Is anyone else having this issue or have any suggestions? Using Traktor 2.01
It's working now. I needed to upgrade my version past 2.1 as suggested on the first thread.
Jewell Bisignano
I'm having an issue getting the updated tsi mapping file to take in Traktor controller manager. I've imported it multiple times already as suggested. When I select the device DJTT-VCI 400 SE**** and close the dialog box, when I go back the Pro 2 default mapping always is selected. I've tried exiting out of the program and importing it several times already. Is anyone else having this issue or have any suggestions? Using Traktor 2.01
Charmain Liesegang
Left / DEck A jog wheel Fx went out again. AM I doing something to cause this?
Jayne Watland
The scratch function does not work no matter how lose you make jog wheels when on vinyl mode. It only stops the track. Another suggestion is to add delete function to sample decks. Everything else seems to be fine
Charmain Liesegang
NOt sure what I did, but I got things working. I believe just reloading things made things happen. Sorry for these really pointless updates.
Selma Broxmeyer
Originally Posted by photojojo
Shot in the dark here since i can't test it out, but is it a timing thing maybe? Is quantize one?
I just checked - not related to a Quantization issue. I'll make a video to show what I mean when I get home from work.
Charmain Liesegang
Ok, right deck is working ok, jog wheel etc.
The left deck is a bum. VERy limited jog wheel control.. not tight. no jogfx. any ideas?
Jogwheel will speed pitch up and down, but cannot use to cue/scratch etc. LEFt jog seems to be controlling the pitch. Setting is on CUE1-4 soe jogfx should not be active.

Seems like I am constantly having to shutdown and reload to make things work right. But I know it's just a bump in the road.

FX on deck 1 using JoGFX do not seem to be engaging.

AND the pitch control issue. I have tried to reset using the shift method. It just isn't working correctly.
Charmain Liesegang
Internal. output mon to mon L and R
outpuit main to Main L and R
I have mine set on mono.

I had to restart and tinker to get things going.
Charmain Liesegang
Damn it!! worked ok last evening . NOW, I have not jog wheel use. cannot cue, use jog FX nothing. Pitch control sliders are still not working right. It just seems to be one issue after another. PLEASE HELP.
Bonny Rygalski
Does anyone have any suggestions how to perform quick on the fly beat freezes with the DJTT mapping. I really don't want to go in and change things and mess it up.
Leeanna Ayla
Shot in the dark here since i can't test it out, but is it a timing thing maybe? Is quantize one?
Selma Broxmeyer
Hi!
I just got my VCI400 EGE in yesterday and I noticed something awkward about the slicer mode.
It seems that the cue point that you start with (the one that is the temporary cue) after engaging slicer mode will bleed into the beginning of each subsequent cue hit 2-8 a minimal amount. It's enough so that I can't hear a proper KICK/SNARE in the sample chopping. Do I need to adjust my settings a bit, or was this just a throw together feature that doesn't really work?
Leeanna Ayla
can someone post screen grabs of the audio output routing that works correctly? Not having one I'm not sure exactly what they should be set to.
Johnetta Olewine
Originally Posted by Slamboogie
Screen Shot 2012-03-14 at 11.29.29 PM.jpg

Hi Oli,

my mixing mode is set to internal.

Output Monitor is not connected for both L and R, because when I have them connected to L and R output, monitor deck sounds comes through the main output even though the mixer fader is at all the way down (in active).

Output Master is set as Output L and Output R

Output Record: not connected

Thanks for your help.
What other outPut options are there other than output l and r?
Kayhan Polat
Can you add the MF IG T3 Delay and Reverb to this mapping please? Replace the Beatmasher 1 and a Gater.
Taina Draffin
This is what I have photojojo

Output Monitor is not connected for both L and R, because when I have them connected to L and R output, monitor deck sounds comes through the main output even though the mixer fader is at all the way down (in active).

Thanks for your help.
Taina Draffin
Originally Posted by oliosky
Post a screengrab of your audio output routing
Screen Shot 2012-03-14 at 11.29.29 PM.jpg

Hi Oli,

Thanks for your help.
Pablo Lazarczyk
The FX need to be in the same order in preferences as they are in the unit the mapping was created on. I believe that's the default order, but Chris will have to confirm that. I have screen shots in my profile of the FX in early versions of traktor 2. The new FX that were added soon after just go on the bottom if they're not used in the mapping it doesn't matter what order they go in.
Thanks for the help Photojojo. Everything is working flawlessly now!
Leeanna Ayla
Please help, I have the VCI 400 EGE plugged to my Mac via USB. Mixer in preference is set for internal. Yet I can not get any sound from the headphone for monitor on the VCI 400 unit. I looked into the above suggestions and have set the mix Vol and Aux setting inside Traktor Pro 2 but still no sound from the headphone cue on the VCI 400 unit itself. Thank you for your help.
Have you set the cue up correctly in the output routing?
Johnetta Olewine
Post a screengrab of your audio output routing
Taina Draffin
Originally Posted by CryderSteez
Thanks, it was indeed a routing issue and we're producing sound when and where we should now However I have a couple other questions regarding the mapping, when I first got my unit the pitch faders wouldn't work correctly, so I go into the mapping and changed the type from relative to direct, solving the problem, pitch faders now work like pitch faders. While I was in there I noticed that there was another entry for the pitch faders that was already in direct mode, and the only difference was the M8 modifier was 1 instead of 0. The M8 modifier is used alot in there, could you tell me what it refers to? Also, I'd like to turn down the acceleration of the jog wheels when pitch bending, what's the right command I need to edit?

Please help, I have the VCI 400 EGE plugged to my Mac via USB. Mixer in preference is set for internal. Yet I can not get any sound from the headphone for monitor on the VCI 400 unit. I looked into the above suggestions and have set the mix Vol and Aux setting inside Traktor Pro 2 but still no sound from the headphone cue on the VCI 400 unit itself. Thank you for your help.
Leeanna Ayla
Cool thanks, I owe ya a beer. Got any insight into making the gain pot override the autogain value(no soft override) essentially making it behave like the channel gain on a real mixer?
You can turn auto gain off in preferences and map that knob to gain. you can find it at add in>mixer>gain I'm not sure what else that knob does though.
Leeanna Ayla
The FX need to be in the same order in preferences as they are in the unit the mapping was created on. I believe that's the default order, but Chris will have to confirm that. I have screen shots in my profile of the FX in early versions of traktor 2. The new FX that were added soon after just go on the bottom if they're not used in the mapping it doesn't matter what order they go in.
Tillie Sliman
Originally Posted by flashflooder
M8 is used for the Shift function mainly. M8=1 means that Shift is held down and M8=0 means Shift is not pressed.

If you want to edit the mapping, every line is commented to make it easy to understand and follow. Just go into the controller manager, select the mapping, expand the Comment column so you can fully read it, and then sort by comments. You'll find scratch controls under "Jog Scratch" and bend controls under "Tempo Bend".

The reason that I made the Tempo Faders a relative command normally and only Direct when holding Shift is that if say you are Syncing one track to another whose BPM is more than 8% away from the track's original tempo then you couldn't adjust the tempo without it immediately jumping to somewhere within the +8%/-8% range. The Shift command allows you a larger Direct range and is also very helpful for resetting the track to the original Tempo, especially because of the red LED feedback.
Cool thanks, I owe ya a beer. Got any insight into making the gain pot override the autogain value(no soft override) essentially making it behave like the channel gain on a real mixer?
Pablo Lazarczyk
have you loaded the mapping twice?
This sounds very weird. Are you using a DJTT VCI-400SE or a regular VCI-400? You should not be having mapping issues like that and I can't believe of any reason why it would occur except if you don't have our special firmware.
I ended up fixing the issues i was having with the tempo and volume faders. There must have have been some interference with another mapping i had imported for my ipad, cause when i deleted it, I no longer was having the problems I was talking about. The thing is.. I just read the .pdf on the summary of the new vci's features, and I've now noticed that the wrong fx presets are loading when I enable the gratify mode. Instead of a Gater there's a Flanger Flux, a T3 Delay instead of the Filter LFO, and another Delay where the Beatmasher should be. Yes, I am using an EG edition, and I've loaded the mappings and restarted multiple times.. Thoughts...
Jodi Lacerra
I have a couple other questions regarding the mapping, when I first got my unit the pitch faders wouldn't work correctly, so I go into the mapping and changed the type from relative to direct, solving the problem, pitch faders now work like pitch faders. While I was in there I noticed that there was another entry for the pitch faders that was already in direct mode, and the only difference was the M8 modifier was 1 instead of 0. The M8 modifier is used alot in there, could you tell me what it refers to? Also, I'd like to turn down the acceleration of the jog wheels when pitch bending, what's the right command I need to edit?
M8 is used for the Shift function mainly. M8=1 means that Shift is held down and M8=0 means Shift is not pressed.

If you want to edit the mapping, every line is commented to make it easy to understand and follow. Just go into the controller manager, select the mapping, expand the Comment column so you can fully read it, and then sort by comments. You'll find scratch controls under "Jog Scratch" and bend controls under "Tempo Bend".

The reason that I made the Tempo Faders a relative command normally and only Direct when holding Shift is that if say you are Syncing one track to another whose BPM is more than 8% away from the track's original tempo then you couldn't adjust the tempo without it immediately jumping to somewhere within the +8%/-8% range. The Shift command allows you a larger Direct range and is also very helpful for resetting the track to the original Tempo, especially because of the red LED feedback.
Leeanna Ayla
I don't believe the "deleting samples" from a slot is currently in the mapping but it should be so I will check and update it if it's not.
I looked in the mapping this morning and didn't see an unload mapped for the sample slots. I have mine mapped on my X1 as play primary so they just mute when i press them a second time. Then shift + sample button unloads the deck. Can you load a sample into a slot that has a sample in it wether it's stopped or not? Don't have Traktor in front of me to check.
Jodi Lacerra
"For now, after loading the mapping you want to move most knobs and faders to reset them correctly. You will also want to press Shift+Tempo Fader middle position (where the red light turns on) for each Tempo fader upon starting up Traktor."

How do you do this? It is probably a really easy simple fix. Does this mean upon launching Traktor Pro 2, I will need to hold down the "Shift" key plus the "Tempo Fader middle position" What does this mean and how do you do that? Do I just simply hold down the shift key and make sure the tempo fader is set in the middle position? Thank you.
photjojo already answered you but Yes you got it right. All I mean is that when you load Traktor you want to physically press Shift and move each Tempo fader to the middle (with the red light on) and also to turn most knobs and faders so the software and hardware are corresponding correctly so you don't jump in to mixing and move a knob and have the sound change drastically and unexpectedly
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by YMG
Is anyone else having a problem where when using shift and the tempo fader on deck A, not only does it change the tempo for deck A but also controls the volume for deck B? On top of that, the volume fader on deck A starts a song on deck B when you slide the fader upwards from the off position. Any ideas on why this might be happening, and/or what I could do to resolve these issues within the mapping?
This sounds very weird. Are you using a DJTT VCI-400SE or a regular VCI-400? You should not be having mapping issues like that and I can't believe of any reason why it would occur except if you don't have our special firmware.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by keen206
Hey does anyone know how to delete samples from the sample deck? or have a sample stop instead of muting? Was this even included? I sure hope so!
I don't believe the "deleting samples" from a slot is currently in the mapping but it should be so I will check and update it if it's not. If you want to stop a sample instead of muting the only real way to do this currently is to switch the deck select to control the sample deck and then to press the play button to stop all of the sample slots from playing.

I am assuming that being able to delete a sample from a slot is more valuable to people than stopping the sample? If anyone has thoughts on this let me know. I personally don't use the sample decks much.
Tillie Sliman
Did you reset your pitch faders to 0 while holding shift before you changed their setting? Did you load the mapping twice, restarting Traktor each time? I don't believe you should have changed them, but I can't really be sure because I don't have a VCI-400. I did just open the mapping and have a look at it and it looks like M8 is shift.
Yeah, mapping is good, and after playing with it a little more I see the functionality that they were going for. M8 being shift makes total sense, good to know as I tweak the map a little to my liking. Now to squeeze some more precise out of those jog wheels.

Other question for the DJTT crew, are you guys planning on updating this mapping for the remix decks in 2.5? It would be a damn shame if a piece of gear like the 400EGE this doesn't get in on that.
Leeanna Ayla
Thanks, it was indeed a routing issue and we're producing sound when and where we should now However I have a couple other questions regarding the mapping, when I first got my unit the pitch faders wouldn't work correctly, so I go into the mapping and changed the type from relative to direct, solving the problem, pitch faders now work like pitch faders. While I was in there I noticed that there was another entry for the pitch faders that was already in direct mode, and the only difference was the M8 modifier was 1 instead of 0. The M8 modifier is used alot in there, could you tell me what it refers to? Also, I'd like to turn down the acceleration of the jog wheels when pitch bending, what's the right command I need to edit?

Did you reset your pitch faders to 0 while holding shift before you changed their setting? Did you load the mapping twice, restarting Traktor each time? I don't believe you should have changed them, but I can't really be sure because I don't have a VCI-400. I did just open the mapping and have a look at it and it looks like M8 is shift.
Leeanna Ayla
Do I just simply hold down the shift key and make sure the tempo fader is set in the middle position? Thank you.
Yes
Tillie Sliman
Something that may not be initially obvious is that the Cue Level knob doesn't actually control the Cue Level within Traktor. It controls the outputted level from the device. So, you will need to set the Cue Level to a reasonable amount within Traktor and then you can use the Cue Level knob to control the gain of that output. I've found that when set correctly, the headphone level is adequately loud (at max it is way too loud for my ears).
Taina Draffin
"For now, after loading the mapping you want to move most knobs and faders to reset them correctly. You will also want to press Shift+Tempo Fader middle position (where the red light turns on) for each Tempo fader upon starting up Traktor."

How do you do this? It is probably a really easy simple fix. Does this mean upon launching Traktor Pro 2, I will need to hold down the "Shift" key plus the "Tempo Fader middle position" What does this mean and how do you do that? Do I just simply hold down the shift key and make sure the tempo fader is set in the middle position? Thank you.
Carry Gaida
I would also very much like a firmware, so this mappings works with regular vci-400
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by YMG
Is anyone else having a problem where when using shift and the tempo fader on deck A, not only does it change the tempo for deck A but also controls the volume for deck B? On top of that, the volume fader on deck A starts a song on deck B when you slide the fader upwards from the off position. Any ideas on why this might be happening, and/or what I could do to resolve these issues within the mapping?
have you loaded the mapping twice?

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy