DJTT VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition Mapping (Traktor Pro 2)

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: DJTT VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition Mapping (Traktor Pro 2)Reply
DJTT VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition Mapping (Traktor Pro 2)
Posted on: 09.03.2012 by Jodi Lacerra
This is to be used as the official thread for the DJ Techtools VCI-400SE Ean Golden Edition mapping for Traktor Pro 2. TO use this mapping, please make sure to be running at least TPro2 version 2.1 or greater to avoid any unexpected issues. The mapping was tested and created on TPro2 v2.1.2.

PLEASE NOTE: The VCI-400SE (Ean Golden Edition) has DJ Techtools custom firmware on the controller so this mapping WILL NOT function correctly as expected with regular VCI-400 units.

After downloading the mapping, you will need to Import the mapping into Traktor using the large "Import" button on the bottom left of the Preferences section (note that using this large Import button will overwrite all other loaded mappings, so please export your current settings first if you want to back them up).

If it is the first time importing this mapping, you will want to go through the Import process twice due to an infamous Traktor bug where the Effect settings do not load properly on the first Import. You can verify if the effect settings loaded correctly by trying the "Gratify" effects or any of the "JogFX" and ensuring that the proper effects load (this can be checked with the Summary pdf as the expected effects are listed in there).

After importing the mapping, you will want to go into the Controller Manager of Traktor's Preferences, select the DJTT VCI-400SE mapping in the "Device" listbox and make sure your In-Port and Out-Port are set correctly. "All Ports" is ok to keep if this is the only controller you have plugged into your computer. Otherwise, you may want to set the In-Port and Out-Port specifically to the VCI-400 to avoid any potentially Midi confusion between mappings.

Note: The mapping and pdf summary should have been sent in your Shipping confirmation email; however, in the case you did not receive it, I have reposted the tsi and pdf summary to this thread.

Should you find any bugs or have any questions regarding the mapping, please use this community thread to post your comments. Thanks!

DJTT VCI-400_TSI_v1.1.1.tsi
DJTT VCI400SE Mapping Summary.pdf

NOTE: There will be a tutorial video for this mapping early next week. We have to refilm now because our media got corrupted. We will also likely shoot a setup video too.

For now, after loading the mapping you want to move most knobs and faders to reset them correctly. You will also want to press Shift+Tempo Fader middle position (where the red light turns on) for each Tempo fader upon starting up Traktor. This will properly set the tempo range to +-8% (instead of 0% to 16%). This occurs because the default Tempo command is a relative command with a total range of 16%. Shift+ the Tempo fader is a direct Tempo fader command with a range of +-50%. This range can be changed in the Transport section of Preferences.

UPDATE: See below for the VCI-400SE Mapping Tutorial Video I did recently. Hope it helps!
Xiomara Woolworth
i would agree. the vci-400ege is definitly a controller for those who know what they want in a controller. i learned the fundamentals on a vci-100se and grew on the s4/midi-fighter, using traktor the whole way. tomorrow my vci400ege comes (finally) and i feel like i would be overwelmed if i had to start from scratch on a controller with as many options as the 400. also it may not be the best idea to start a new hobby with such a committing purchase. get something used and cheap or use a keyboard.
Johnetta Olewine
its been covered quite a bit in the vci400 threads mate. make sure your monitor outputs are set to the headphone output and you have pressed cue

Seems like the djtt firmware version and mapping is a bit too complex for folks who have never touched traktor before...
Garrett Blachford
Hi, i'd like to get some info+advice+tips on the VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition and Traktor Pro 2.

I am new to Traktor and I am finding it a bit difficult to set up. First, can anyone tell me how to get sound off my headphones? The program is running but I can't seem to get my headphones to work with it. Any other advice or tips would be helpful, thanks.
Renae Stolk
Originally Posted by sidetrakd
My vci is working perfectly now. It turns out the problem was that I had reverted back to 2.0.3 because I had some problems with 2.1.1 on my other laptop. I've now gone back to 2.1.1 and the mapping works perfectly without changing or adding anything

I haven't tried but assume its possible.
I'm also up and running perfectly with the DJTT original vci400 mapping without any modification. now running TPRO2 2.1.1
Hunter Renslow
My vci is working perfectly now. It turns out the problem was that I had reverted back to 2.0.3 because I had some problems with 2.1.1 on my other laptop. I've now gone back to 2.1.1 and the mapping works perfectly without changing or adding anything

Originally Posted by jon6oy
Thanks for this. First solution to this problem in the entire thread. Is it easy enough to alter the sensitivity of the search 'speed'?
I haven't tried but assume its possible.
Saundra Deguia
shift + jog wheel moves through the track fast!
Thanks for this. First solution to this problem in the entire thread. Is it easy enough to alter the sensitivity of the search 'speed'?
Saundra Deguia
Originally Posted by flashflooder
I don't believe the "deleting samples" from a slot is currently in the mapping but it should be so I will check and update it if it's not. If you want to stop a sample instead of muting the only real way to do this currently is to switch the deck select to control the sample deck and then to press the play button to stop all of the sample slots from playing.

I am assuming that being able to delete a sample from a slot is more valuable to people than stopping the sample? If anyone has thoughts on this let me know. I personally don't use the sample decks much.
i'm looking to start working more with samples so the ability to chop and change the samples that are loaded will make this controller very powerful indeed.
Carry Gaida
I am believeing about buying the standard vci-400 duo to taxes in my country.
Will it be possible to remap to the regualr vci, with normal firmware?
and will this be okay?
Best reggards - Akay a
Hunter Renslow
Originally Posted by Cyyraxx
Ok, i have added the scratch to all four decks, still no scratch on any decks.
ive noticed that the jog wheels are acting like a tempo bend. I can spin them really fast and it will slowly bring the track up to speed. But still no scratch, someone please solve this problem for me. I dont get it, need the help from someone.
Turn on vinyl mode and if they're not mapped then you have to manually add scratch 4 times and assign each one to a deck and map the jog wheels
Hunter Renslow
[QUOTE=Pistolpuma;448196]

Thanx for the reply, but I already knew about this function. It is not accurate enough for what I need it to do.

My first impression of this VCI 400 is far from my expectations. Right now I am not sure if I believe it is good enough for replacing the VCI 100 arcade controller.
Have you tried using the loop move encoder? It skips through your track really fast or slow depending on what loop size you have set
Charmain Liesegang
vci400djkk.jpg
Here is my "DJ Kit K" EGE vci-400, w the white knobs added.

First weekend with the new EGE VCI-400!! SXSW 2012 in Austin.
Got mad props from on-lookers who were amazed the FX ability on the fly.
This thing is VERY sweet.

Only issues is that the Jog Wheels latency and touch just need to be fine tuned to be as accurate as possible.

Put 10 hrs in on it and ready for more.
Shante Lemense
Ok, i have added the scratch to all four decks, still no scratch on any decks.
ive noticed that the jog wheels are acting like a tempo bend. I can spin them really fast and it will slowly bring the track up to speed. But still no scratch, someone please solve this problem for me. I dont get it, need the help from someone.
Renae Stolk
Originally Posted by photojojo
Have you duplicated the mapping for each deck?
yes and relearned each job wheel on each deck.
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by mikeisnorml
I did this exact thing but I can only get deck A to scratch, deck B won't do anything not even tempo bend. Also it doesn't effect deck C or D they still dont scratch just tempo bend. any ideas why this is happening?
Have you duplicated the mapping for each deck?
Renae Stolk
I did this exact thing but I can only get deck A to scratch, deck B won't do anything not even tempo bend. Also it doesn't effect deck C or D they still dont scratch just tempo bend. any ideas why this is happening?
Hunter Renslow
Originally Posted by itzsaga
That screen grab is tiny. Can you make it bigger?
Hunter Renslow
Originally Posted by oliosky
i'm sure you can adjust the increments at which the jog wheels track through a tune.
^^^this
Johnetta Olewine
i'm sure you can adjust the increments at which the jog wheels track through a tune.
Odelia Bruster
[QUOTE=sidetrakd;447905]shift + jog wheel moves through the track fast!

Thanx for the reply, but I already knew about this function. It is not accurate enough for what I need it to do.

My first impression of this VCI 400 is far from my expectations. Right now I am not sure if I believe it is good enough for replacing the VCI 100 arcade controller.
Hunter Renslow
Originally Posted by itzsaga
Sorry, I don't know what happened there. I will fix it when I get home. Unfortunately that might not be till tomorrow with it being St.Patricks day today
Hunter Renslow
You have to add the scratch command 4 times and assign each one to a deck. I'm havin the sample problems too, just haven't had a chance to figure out why.
Bessie Larr
I had this problem. You need to map your jog wheels to scratch

Add in > transport > Scratch
Encoder Relative and then adjust your sensitivity/acceleration to suit
Bessie Larr
Yes
Sweet. That answers the last of my questions.
Emanuel Kepics
I have the RCA out 1 into my stereo and im not getting anything.
The RCA connectors are inputs only. the Master Outs (clearly labeled) are on balanced TRS jacks or XLRs. You will need some kind of adapter to go from VCI outs into your Stereo's RCA ins. Also bear in mind VCI outputs will be referenced to +4dB while your home Stereo's inputs will be referenced to -10dB ... so trim your VCI output accordingly.
Tillie Sliman
Another question: is it possible to reduce the tempo fader range to 4% while maintaining the 100% range while holding shift? That functionality is killer but every time I try and dial the 8% down for better precision I mess with the 100%.

BTW thanks for all the support in this thread, definitely helping me get to having fun with this thing faster!
Renae Stolk

this worked only on deck A for me what i did was duplicate the addin sratch and relearned job B but it doesn't change anything. i've also tried restarting traktor and the controller.

One more thing, I'm not able to play samples with the top knobs when they are in loop mode. The button under each knob will not play/stop any sample but the knobs do control the volume, also i can't see to load loops as samples how can these things be fixed?

thanks,
- mike
Hunter Renslow
Originally Posted by Pistolpuma
I have another question/issue. I don`t use vinyl mode. When I turn the jog wheel when the track is paused, it moves extremly slow. Is this just how it is? I am used to the vci 100 SE where I could change cue very fast this way.

Still no scratching ability, upgraded traktor to 2.1.2 and still nothing messed with the sensor knobs still nothing. someone please help me

Shante Lemense
Still no scratching ability, upgraded traktor to 2.1.2 and still nothing messed with the sensor knobs still nothing. someone please help me
Shante Lemense
Originally Posted by Pistolpuma
I have another question/issue. I don`t use vinyl mode. When I turn the jog wheel when the track is paused, it moves extremly slow. Is this just how it is? I am used to the vci 100 SE where I could change cue very fast this way.
yea there is no way to seek quickly with the jog wheel, but what u can do is when the track is paused set the loop length knob to something high like 16 or 32 bars and move aroun in the track with the move loop knob. then get it where u want and press play.
Odelia Bruster
Shante Lemense
Check your output routing
I checked my audio and output settings everything looked fine to me. Im sort of new with traktor and dont completely understand the routing aspect of it. Can someone explain how it should properly be set up to allow me to que in the headphones and have the master come out the stereo?

Also upgraded to 2.1.2 like suggested in earlier posts, and then adjusted the sensor knobs again, but the jog wheels still will not scratch while in vinyl mode, just pauses the track until i let go of the jog wheel.

Any suggestions?
Leeanna Ayla
Also im not getting anything out of the master, I havethe RCA out 1 into my stereo and im not getting anything. I believe i may have some setting off in traktor preferences because i have sound of all decks coming through my headphones and then when i que a track in my headphones its like it makes that track louder, or like its being played twice. Any help would be good
Check your output routing
Shante Lemense
Mine will not scratch. Ive tried moving the touch sensor knobs around like someone previously said, still nothing. When i touch them it stops the track, but no job ability. Also is there a way to instanlty mute the loop decks, or do you have to just turn the knobs all the way down?

Also im not getting anything out of the master, I havethe RCA out 1 into my stereo and im not getting anything. I believe i may have some setting off in traktor preferences because i have sound of all decks coming through my headphones and then when i que a track in my headphones its like it makes that track louder, or like its being played twice. Any help would be good
Carry Gaida
Why not also upload the firmware?
robin loo
Originally Posted by clearcut
Hey, I just sent the same email to orders@djranking s.com. Let's see what (if anything) happens.
cool. i added you to the vci400 facebook group. there are some discussions going on there too..
Shaunta Swedin
Hey, I just sent the same email to orders@djranking s.com. Let's see what (if anything) happens.
robin loo
Originally Posted by clearcut
@Photojojo and @Flashflooder:

I already sold my S4 and am back to the VCI-100 SE, but I am in desperate need of a four channel controller. From purchasing the SE I know I will have to pay a lot of taxes on the VCI-400 in Germany.

Can you tell me if there are definite plans to offer the Firmware/Knobs/Overlay package as discussed in the comments on the VCI-400 post? And how soon do you believe will that be available? This would be a lot cheaper for people like me who live abroad.

Also, when Traktor Pro 2.5 is coming out, will you update the mapping to include the remix decks (and maybe ditch some of the gratifier funtionality for that)?

Have all the bugs that have been received in the community so far incorporated in a new updated mapping or are you planning on updating it?

Thanks!

shoot an email to orders@djranking s.com and ask directly (and report back here). i asked at the end of feb and got the answer that it will take at least a month probably two. makes perfect sense that DJTT wants to sell their EG first, but as you i'm in germany, already have a 400 and am not willing to pay taxes and vat (which would probably be at least half the price of the unit itself).. it's actually just a matter of making a new product in the store: fw file + chroma knobs (+ maybe an overlay, which would take some time to design and produce)..
Shaunta Swedin
@Photojojo and @Flashflooder:

I already sold my S4 and am back to the VCI-100 SE, but I am in desperate need of a four channel controller. From purchasing the SE I know I will have to pay a lot of taxes on the VCI-400 in Germany.

Can you tell me if there are definite plans to offer the Firmware/Knobs/Overlay package as discussed in the comments on the VCI-400 post? And how soon do you believe will that be available? This would be a lot cheaper for people like me who live abroad.

Also, when Traktor Pro 2.5 is coming out, will you update the mapping to include the remix decks (and maybe ditch some of the gratifier funtionality for that)?

Have all the bugs that have been received in the community so far incorporated in a new updated mapping or are you planning on updating it?

Thanks!
Taina Draffin
Originally Posted by oliosky
What other outPut options are there other than output l and r?
I do not have any other output available. That is it for my output option.
Jewell Bisignano
New Mapping Question. I want to get the VCI-400 to mimic the behavior of the VCI-100 Jog Wheel. That is..

If the track is playing, then spinning the jog will speed up or slow down the track.
If the track is paused or stopped, then spinning the jog will seek back or forth through a track

Right now in order to achieve this, I have to toggle the vinyl button. I don't really scratch since I play house so it ends up being an extra step. Anyone know how to get this working? Thanks in advance

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy