DJTT VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition Mapping (Traktor Pro 2)

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: DJTT VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition Mapping (Traktor Pro 2)Reply
DJTT VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition Mapping (Traktor Pro 2)
Posted on: 09.03.2012 by Jodi Lacerra
This is to be used as the official thread for the DJ Techtools VCI-400SE Ean Golden Edition mapping for Traktor Pro 2. TO use this mapping, please make sure to be running at least TPro2 version 2.1 or greater to avoid any unexpected issues. The mapping was tested and created on TPro2 v2.1.2.

PLEASE NOTE: The VCI-400SE (Ean Golden Edition) has DJ Techtools custom firmware on the controller so this mapping WILL NOT function correctly as expected with regular VCI-400 units.

After downloading the mapping, you will need to Import the mapping into Traktor using the large "Import" button on the bottom left of the Preferences section (note that using this large Import button will overwrite all other loaded mappings, so please export your current settings first if you want to back them up).

If it is the first time importing this mapping, you will want to go through the Import process twice due to an infamous Traktor bug where the Effect settings do not load properly on the first Import. You can verify if the effect settings loaded correctly by trying the "Gratify" effects or any of the "JogFX" and ensuring that the proper effects load (this can be checked with the Summary pdf as the expected effects are listed in there).

After importing the mapping, you will want to go into the Controller Manager of Traktor's Preferences, select the DJTT VCI-400SE mapping in the "Device" listbox and make sure your In-Port and Out-Port are set correctly. "All Ports" is ok to keep if this is the only controller you have plugged into your computer. Otherwise, you may want to set the In-Port and Out-Port specifically to the VCI-400 to avoid any potentially Midi confusion between mappings.

Note: The mapping and pdf summary should have been sent in your Shipping confirmation email; however, in the case you did not receive it, I have reposted the tsi and pdf summary to this thread.

Should you find any bugs or have any questions regarding the mapping, please use this community thread to post your comments. Thanks!

DJTT VCI-400_TSI_v1.1.1.tsi
DJTT VCI400SE Mapping Summary.pdf

NOTE: There will be a tutorial video for this mapping early next week. We have to refilm now because our media got corrupted. We will also likely shoot a setup video too.

For now, after loading the mapping you want to move most knobs and faders to reset them correctly. You will also want to press Shift+Tempo Fader middle position (where the red light turns on) for each Tempo fader upon starting up Traktor. This will properly set the tempo range to +-8% (instead of 0% to 16%). This occurs because the default Tempo command is a relative command with a total range of 16%. Shift+ the Tempo fader is a direct Tempo fader command with a range of +-50%. This range can be changed in the Transport section of Preferences.

UPDATE: See below for the VCI-400SE Mapping Tutorial Video I did recently. Hope it helps!
Donald Tuetken
I am having a similar problem, relating to the recent Vestax 2 firmware upgrade. Only, my VCI 400 unit is not stuck in boot loader mode. It is unable to get into boot loader mode. The reason this all happened is, I attempted to upgrade to the recent Vestax firmware, and it seemed to cause a conflict with the existing firmware. So now, I'm attempting to restore to factory settings (or my previous firmware setting), yet, I cannot get into boot loader mode in order to do this. I have contacted Vestax, DJTT, and Flashflooder, and await a response. If I find out a solution, I'll be sure to follow up to this thread.

When I press "get Version": there is no reply
When I press "Start": ERROR ACK is not found

Vestax Support, Reset to Factory Default: http://help.vestax.co.jp/en/detail.p...d_page_url=413
DJTT Potential solution: http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...=48174&page=25
Related Topic: https://ranking s.zendesk.com/entrie...ootloader-Mode
Wilma Treaster
Originally Posted by Mostyn
After reading through some of the later posts on this thread, and some community posts on other sites (especially DDJT) It seems the mappings for this are not being updated by DJJT. So my question is, is anyone having issues with the latest version of Traktor, or any version? Have they had updates/replies from DJTT about their issues and have been given fixes?

Cheers guys

Elliot
Flashflooder (DJTT Staff Member) has been doing semi-regular updates for his VCI-400 EGE Mappings : See - https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/166

And in my opinion this Mapping is superior to the Original DJTT Mapping.

With regards to replies - In the one case where I had an issue - I got a reply to my comment within 24 hours from Flashflooder and whenever I have emailed DJTT for an update or opened a support ticket - I have never had to wait more than 48 hours for a response.
Wilma Treaster
Originally Posted by T.E.O
hey just looking to see when we should see update on mapping to implement the Traktor 2.6 update, would love to use the new option of full eq kill and all the other good stuff on my 400se! keep doing the good work djtt and awesome tour ean! doing big things guys! but dont forget about us 400se user :]
The mapping on the Midimaps section of the site has been updated for 2.6 : https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/911
Ethel Saracco
Originally Posted by Rusty
Has anyone tried upgrading to the new v2 MIDI firmware? I just attempted this and now my VCI-400 EGE is not working at all. I followed the supplied instructions and received an error message during the update "ERROR!! ACK is not found". Now my controller is completely non functional and it won't let me install the v1 firmware either. Any suggestions? DJTT's tech support is closed for the weekend.
Okay, after hours of trying different scenarios this is what finally worked for me:
1) Restart PC
2) Turn VCI-400 on in bootloader mode
3) Open FirmUp and attempt update
4) Update fails and gives the ACK error
5) Leave Firmup open
6) Turn off VCI-400 and turn it back on in bootloader mode
7) Without changing the previous Firmup settings, press Start again.
Wow what a pain!
Debora Bartelli
Originally Posted by joesdomingo
got my controller yesterday and its working perfectly. couple things from the s4 i would like to see in an update for the vci400:

1. shift + sample buttons = resets sample, hit twice and the sample spot is cleared
2. shift + play = restart track
3. shift + sync = makes track master

amazing job with this controller and mapping. it is truly the controllerist's controller for those who know what they want.
completely agree
Meredith Waterman
Originally Posted by flashflooder
they are in my flashflooder edit of the mapping. i will be sure to include them in the next djtt mapping update as well too
When is the new mapping coming out aprox??

Greez from Switzerland
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by audionaut
Is there a way to setup a loop-roll type action?
4 Beatmasher values are already included in the Gratify section of each side's 4x3 Performance Grid section. Those act the same as loop rolls; however, you could also map in actual loop roll comamnds (i.e., loop hold commands) but most people seem to like the beatmasher sound a bit better.
Tam Mcguiggan
Does anyone know if the v2 firmware files, Vestax provides on their website, are the same ones that come with flashflooders linked files? In other words... Are they for the Ean golden edition VCI 400? Please and thank you
Tam Mcguiggan
Is anyone still having issues with updating their firmware? If you are.. I found that downloading the v2 update kit from vestax support, loading it into the PC's Vestax Control Panel and loading the vestal v2 ".bin" file, from the Vesta website, did the trick! I can explain more. If needed. Just let me know
Anibal Lindahl
play/pause button does not play. it only plays when i hold shift and press play. help please? this is really a perfect mapping!
Deloise Pridgett
Thank you man, that is reassuring. I have watched the flashflooder mapping video, and it looks like some craaazy mapping and effects possibilities. I actually just contacted the DJTT customer services and got a reply within about 6 hours, so I am more than happy with that.

I believe the final imposing question before I get one is whether I need to become more proficient in less controllerist areas of DJing (for example getting some experience in public) before upgrading to all the effects and such this awesome controller/mapping provides.

Once again, Thank you
Wilma Treaster
Originally Posted by Mostyn
After reading through some of the later posts on this thread, and some community posts on other sites (especially DDJT) It seems the mappings for this are not being updated by DJJT. So my question is, is anyone having issues with the latest version of Traktor, or any version? Have they had updates/replies from DJTT about their issues and have been given fixes?

Cheers guys

Elliot
Flashflooder (DJTT Staff Member) has been doing semi-regular updates for his VCI-400 EGE Mappings : See - https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/166

And in my opinion this Mapping is superior to the Original DJTT Mapping.

With regards to replies - In the one case where I had an issue - I got a reply to my comment within 24 hours from Flashflooder and whenever I have emailed DJTT for an update or opened a support ticket - I have never had to wait more than 48 hours for a response.
Deloise Pridgett

Cheers guys

Elliot
Shu Dietiker
is this thread not monitored anymore by DJTT?
Wilma Treaster
Originally Posted by T.E.O
hey just looking to see when we should see update on mapping to implement the Traktor 2.6 update, would love to use the new option of full eq kill and all the other good stuff on my 400se! keep doing the good work djtt and awesome tour ean! doing big things guys! but dont forget about us 400se user :]
The mapping on the Midimaps section of the site has been updated for 2.6 : https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/911
Olive Flick
Ethel Saracco
Originally Posted by Rusty
Has anyone tried upgrading to the new v2 MIDI firmware? I just attempted this and now my VCI-400 EGE is not working at all. I followed the supplied instructions and received an error message during the update "ERROR!! ACK is not found". Now my controller is completely non functional and it won't let me install the v1 firmware either. Any suggestions? DJTT's tech support is closed for the weekend.
Okay, after hours of trying different scenarios this is what finally worked for me:
1) Restart PC
2) Turn VCI-400 on in bootloader mode
3) Open FirmUp and attempt update
4) Update fails and gives the ACK error
5) Leave Firmup open
6) Turn off VCI-400 and turn it back on in bootloader mode
7) Without changing the previous Firmup settings, press Start again.
Wow what a pain!
Ethel Saracco
Debora Bartelli
Originally Posted by joesdomingo
got my controller yesterday and its working perfectly. couple things from the s4 i would like to see in an update for the vci400:

1. shift + sample buttons = resets sample, hit twice and the sample spot is cleared
2. shift + play = restart track
3. shift + sync = makes track master

amazing job with this controller and mapping. it is truly the controllerist's controller for those who know what they want.
completely agree
Elmira Billard
@moey2k2001 I can answer 3) that's a yes, DJTT product support confirmed for me that you can perform the Vestax firmware upgrade without affecting the EGE firmware. 400 has different firmwares for different functions.
Shu Dietiker
Hi

I have a few things I am concerned about and need some help please.

1. Why is it that there are sometimes "bugs" in the mappings?
2. Are there some disfunctionality on mappings after an upgrade? And why does that happen if so?
3. Is the VCI 400 EGE capable as a standalone? Say if Traktor crashes for some reason for instance will the inputs over the masterout function?
4. How can I route an input such as iPod or CD input on channel/deck C/D? I haven't figured out how that works. I was only able to go on master out until now.
5. I realized that there is a slight latency when I have a Mic input routed on deck C/D. How do I fix that?
6. What is the most efficient way to edit and add functions to the DJTT TSI file but being able to upgrade without losing the edits I make?

Thanks.

MOE
Ethel Saracco
I upgraded last evening . VCI-400 EGE is working fine. I could be wrong, but I swear that my audio output is now higher.

Like others have reported, I have experienced a higher CPU load on my 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo MBPro with 8GB of RAM. I increased my latency slightly and it hasn't been a problem.

I would love to know how to disable the automatic loop activation. In 2.6 when you activate a stored loop using a hot cue, the loop is automatically turned on. An On/Off option in the menus would be nice.
Marcella Zeis
Has anyone upgraded to 2.6 and used their 400 yet? If so is there any problems with it? DJTT could you guys elaborate on when the next update is coming out? I know there are a few problems some of the community members are reporting including my self.
Meredith Waterman
Originally Posted by flashflooder
they are in my flashflooder edit of the mapping. i will be sure to include them in the next djtt mapping update as well too
When is the new mapping coming out aprox??

Greez from Switzerland
Elmira Billard
Did the question re: standalone mixer fw update from Vestax on EGE fw get answered? Knowing what little I do about fw I would expect flashing the Vestax over the EGE would give problems. Unless the relevant parts can be picked out of the Vestax fw and flashed separately, or baked into an EGE fw update?
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by audionaut
4 Beatmasher values are already included in the Gratify section of each side's 4x3 Performance Grid section. Those act the same as loop rolls; however, you could also map in actual loop roll comamnds (i.e., loop hold commands) but most people seem to like the beatmasher sound a bit better.
Charmain Liesegang
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by glitchin21
I just got the regular vci-400 unit and didnt realize the firmware differences,now the unit is kinda useless 2 me, the ean golden mapping was i only reason i bought the unit. I would pay 50$ all day form the firmware upgrade! Are you guys offering that custom service ? It would make my day!
yeah i can offer it as a custom service for $50 plus the cost of shipping the controller to and from our office to you. just send us a support ticket http://store.djranking s.com/support saying flashflooder said he'd do this and then someone will assign the ticket to me and i'll work with you from there to get you set with some SE firmware
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Timbo21
I was checking Flashflooder's video on the 400 EGE.

Are the loop IN/OUT buttons not mapped anywhere?
no not currently. only a loop activate command on the loop encoder push and the loop length controlled by moving the loop encoder. if you were to put them in, what would you remove to do so? i'm always open to ideas especially if you can get support from other users
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by u7z
Hello flashflooder,

So does that mean that the EGE has "more hardware" than the original one? and Is the ugrade procedure more complex than the upgrade procedure of the vci100se???

thanks & best regards
it's not exactly the same procedure but it is somewhat similar. however, vestax sent me a special jig writer in order to do this and it looks to be differently from our old vci-100 fw kits.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by tlandrecht
Snap + Quanitize functionality would be amazing flash. Thanks again for listening to our feedback and Keep up the good work.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by bhagatriks
pretty pretty please! i will paint my OG controller black and blue to get the EGE firmware on it.
if you still really want this, submit a support ticket here http://store.djranking s.com/support asking to send in your regular VCI-400 to have us update the firmware to the VCI-400SE model. i have done this successfully so far for one customer. i'd have to look up what i charged him to do the work. i believe it was about $50 plus the cost of shipping to and from out office. you can mention that flashflooder said he would do it on the community so our support team knows to send it to me immediatley.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by vladimirprieto
this behavior is also for regular VCI-400?
i don't believe so. i believe this behavior is unique to the vci-400se but haven't tested a regular 400 enough to be sure
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Kensic
how did Ean Golden map those 4 pages, 1 button for every page. then each page has its own 8 buttons *right above* to play with.
i did all the mapping for this and for the 4 pages on each side with eight buttons, no modifiers are needed to distinguish between the same button on different pages. they all send out different midi notes on each page so you can just map them normally as one to one.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by lacker
Read this thread and didn't find what I need.

I was playing around and noticed that after loading a track, i could set loops using the knob on top or the transport buttons at the bottom but at some point would loose all loop setting functions. Couldn't do it with mouse either. Loading a new track on the deck would give me loop function but again, I lost it after a while. Not sure what is causing this.
i believe you must be confused because you can always edit the loop settings unless your software has issues. i assume maybe you got the Move settings set onto Beatjump or something other than Loop and couldn't figure out how to change back. unless i am misunderstanding what you mean by "losing loop settings" of course
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by kdelca7470
i was wondering, would it be possible to replace the EGE slicer function with the one that flashflooder has made with his modified version of the DJTT EGE? any thoughts
yeah, it would be possible. you could try to copy and paste the commands with a tool like xtreme mapping. it might be easier to just edit my mapping to replace things you preferred on the original DJTT mapping. i'm even considering building the next update of the djtt mapping off of mine because the fx layout and architecture is much easier to follow and jives much better with most of our midi fighter mappings.
Archie Ynoa
i was wondering, would it be possible to replace the EGE slicer function with the one that flashflooder has made with his modified version of the DJTT EGE? any thoughts
Marty Eppling
Read this thread and didn't find what I need.

I was playing around and noticed that after loading a track, i could set loops using the knob on top or the transport buttons at the bottom but at some point would loose all loop setting functions. Couldn't do it with mouse either. Loading a new track on the deck would give me loop function but again, I lost it after a while. Not sure what is causing this.
Kenneth Mebrahtu
Originally Posted by Kensic
I just received my regular vci-400

how did Ean Golden map those 4 pages, 1 button for every page. then each page has its own 8 buttons *right above* to play with.
I don't know about the EGE but with my stock 400 I picked a modifier for each back. Each of the four little buttons makes the modifier trigger to 1,2,3,4 and if you trigger it again the modifier goes back to zero... so you actually get 5 pages per bank. (you could make this more complicated if you wished to have more banks if you needed it i guess since the modifier values go up to 8)

Deck A uses M2
Deck B uses M3
Deck C uses M5
Deck D uses M6

2/3/5/6 are also the same as the channel numbers for each deck in the controller manager so that makes it easier to keep track of which modifier i am supposed to use.

Then on each button on the bank i configured various functions reliant on the modifier values. So each one has a different function for M2 = 0 or 1 or 2 or 3 or 4....
Julian Ispas
I just received my regular vci-400

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy