DJTT VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition Mapping (Traktor Pro 2)

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: DJTT VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition Mapping (Traktor Pro 2)Reply
DJTT VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition Mapping (Traktor Pro 2)
Posted on: 09.03.2012 by Jodi Lacerra
This is to be used as the official thread for the DJ Techtools VCI-400SE Ean Golden Edition mapping for Traktor Pro 2. TO use this mapping, please make sure to be running at least TPro2 version 2.1 or greater to avoid any unexpected issues. The mapping was tested and created on TPro2 v2.1.2.

PLEASE NOTE: The VCI-400SE (Ean Golden Edition) has DJ Techtools custom firmware on the controller so this mapping WILL NOT function correctly as expected with regular VCI-400 units.

After downloading the mapping, you will need to Import the mapping into Traktor using the large "Import" button on the bottom left of the Preferences section (note that using this large Import button will overwrite all other loaded mappings, so please export your current settings first if you want to back them up).

If it is the first time importing this mapping, you will want to go through the Import process twice due to an infamous Traktor bug where the Effect settings do not load properly on the first Import. You can verify if the effect settings loaded correctly by trying the "Gratify" effects or any of the "JogFX" and ensuring that the proper effects load (this can be checked with the Summary pdf as the expected effects are listed in there).

After importing the mapping, you will want to go into the Controller Manager of Traktor's Preferences, select the DJTT VCI-400SE mapping in the "Device" listbox and make sure your In-Port and Out-Port are set correctly. "All Ports" is ok to keep if this is the only controller you have plugged into your computer. Otherwise, you may want to set the In-Port and Out-Port specifically to the VCI-400 to avoid any potentially Midi confusion between mappings.

Note: The mapping and pdf summary should have been sent in your Shipping confirmation email; however, in the case you did not receive it, I have reposted the tsi and pdf summary to this thread.

Should you find any bugs or have any questions regarding the mapping, please use this community thread to post your comments. Thanks!

DJTT VCI-400_TSI_v1.1.1.tsi
DJTT VCI400SE Mapping Summary.pdf

NOTE: There will be a tutorial video for this mapping early next week. We have to refilm now because our media got corrupted. We will also likely shoot a setup video too.

For now, after loading the mapping you want to move most knobs and faders to reset them correctly. You will also want to press Shift+Tempo Fader middle position (where the red light turns on) for each Tempo fader upon starting up Traktor. This will properly set the tempo range to +-8% (instead of 0% to 16%). This occurs because the default Tempo command is a relative command with a total range of 16%. Shift+ the Tempo fader is a direct Tempo fader command with a range of +-50%. This range can be changed in the Transport section of Preferences.

UPDATE: See below for the VCI-400SE Mapping Tutorial Video I did recently. Hope it helps!
robin loo
Originally Posted by bascurtiz
Is there a way to make the slicer-mode specified for the VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition, work on the Novation Twitch by copying some mapping out of the .TSI ?
i dont believe so. it's the EGE firmware which makes the slicer mode possible..
Neoma Picklesimer
Is there a way to make the slicer-mode specified for the VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition, work on the Novation Twitch by copying some mapping out of the .TSI ?
Scarlett Greben
Thanks flashflooder! works great! Looking forward to future updates!!
Garrett Blachford
Thanks again flashflooder, you the man.
Fady Soliman
Sweet!!!!!! Thx for the update gonna give it a try!!!
Jodi Lacerra
I'll get to your guys questions soon when I have a chance; but in the meantime, feel free to check out the first official iteration of my Flashflooder edit VCI-400SE mapping here that I just posted: http://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/166

I listed the main changes on the MAPS page but I'll put them again here too as follows:
  • The upper FX sections that controlled Loop Decks C/D now control FX banks 3/4 respectively
  • The GRATIFY section uses the Beatmasher in FX1-1 on the top/first row, the second row is Reverb, Filt92:LFO, Delay (all on FX2) and a dedicated ECHO Freeze button (this will blink when activated)
  • You can keep any of the lower row Gratify FX on by pressing Shift+that button (or holding Shift as you release the Gratify button)
  • Pressing Shift will turn each decks FX1/2 route buttons (under the Filter knobs) into FX3/4 route buttons. The LEDs will change as you hold Shift to indicate which FX are currently routed
  • The LOOP tab on each deck controls the SLICER single effect on FX3 and will turn on the effect at different STYLE values (1/3/4/5). This can create interesting beat stutter sounds with the buzz rate at 0 (or glitchy sounds with the buzz at positive rates).
  • The Loop Recorder now has the Dry/Wet mini fader going from 0% to 100%. Button A now sets the Loop Rec to Record and should blink to the master output when not recording (LED should stay on when recording). Button B will Play/Pause and will stay lit if the Loop Rec is playing. Buttons C and D decrease or increase the Loop Rec size. Shift+Button A/B will delete the Loop Recorder.

I hope to make a short video for this sometime soon and also to make some further changes to modes/functions I don't really use (and there are definitely some others). I just wanted to post it so you guys could try it out at this point. If anyone has any major feedback, I'll definitely consider it for future versions.
Charmain Liesegang
How do I change the LED output for the decks.
I have changed the volume faders to have Deck A using Deck C fader and Deck B using Deck D. But I still get the A and B LED's on the faders.

Thanks
Ethel Saracco
Played my first live set with the VCI-400 EGE last Friday. Until now I've been playing out with a Kontrol S4. I'm also running a customized version of the EGE tsi. I had no issues at all during my 1 hour set. I'm super happy with the VCI-400 EGE so far.

Here's a link to the the live mix: http://soundcloud.com/slak_jaw/frequency-4-20
Ethel Saracco
@flashflooder
Can you please let me know exactly what the minor bug fixes were? I made my own custom edit of the original mapping and I believe it would be quicker for me to correct the bugs than to edit the latest version of the mapping with my custom settings. Thanks!
robin loo
i finally received my EGE yesterday and tested immediately at a small gig yesterday. love it!!

did a few adjustments.. like shift + cue is 'set to master' and changed the tempo range to 100%

the slicer mode is pretty nice, but works better when quantize is off, will there be a mapping for the quantize button in the future.. right now i cannot thing of a free button where to put this.. also (as i mentioned before) i'd like a mapping for the preview player. (got to used to it with the S4)..
Renae Stolk
Originally Posted by weltraumpapst
keylock is shift + sync..

if you search more functions just look inside the tsi..
thank you!
robin loo
Originally Posted by mikeisnorml
what revisions do they have lined up on the next one? anything about key lock?
keylock is shift + sync..

if you search more functions just look inside the tsi..
Renae Stolk
Originally Posted by jay2
come on new mapping! hopefully by the end of this week!
what revisions do they have lined up on the next one? anything about key lock?
Kayhan Polat
come on new mapping! hopefully by the end of this week!
Elidia Petkovich
I have no scratch functionality at all. I have messed around with the sensitivity and all that and have the jog fx working fine. Any idea on how to get scratching working please?
Charmain Liesegang
Somehow let me control
FX 3 and 4 please!
Scarlett Greben
Originally Posted by flashflooder
For those asking about more FX and less sample deck controls and also for those asking about the incompatibility with some of our popular Midi Fighter mappings, I am happy to say that I am almost finished with my own Custom Flashflooder Edit of this mapping and will be posting it very soon. My mapping will match the FX layout used in the MF mappings much better and will remove all Sample deck controls with more FX control added in its place. Stay tuned for that.

Flashflooder this is exactly what I needed to hear. I am very excited to try your new mapping when it is released. Keep up the good work
Hunter Renslow
For those asking about more FX and less sample deck controls and also for those asking about the incompatibility with some of our popular Midi Fighter mappings, I am happy to say that I am almost finished with my own Custom Flashflooder Edit of this mapping and will be posting it very soon. My mapping will match the FX layout used in the MF mappings much better and will remove all Sample deck controls with more FX control added in its place. Stay tuned for that.
Im looking forward to this!!
Garrett Blachford
Thanks for the support and updates flash, looking forward to using this mapping!
Bessie Larr
To be honest, the text is a bit difficult to read in the dark so you probably will only use the labels while you are learning at home.
You're telling me. I should've practiced more just getting used to the mapping before bringing it to a bar and using it. Flashlight app a lot in the first 30 mins. I learned quickly though haha!
Bessie Larr
Customers who have purchased the VCI-400 EGE from us will soon have a solution to switch back and forth from the DJTT FW to the regular FW though.
Would there be any purpose to this? I'm not very versed in how MIDI works exactly. Would it just be to use the standard Vestax mappings?
Kayhan Polat
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Merry Piesik
Chris, thanks for all of your help and for putting the video together. With the loop encoders is there any way to do the Loop In and Loop Out like you can on the S4's dedicated buttons?
Jodi Lacerra
Also, I just released a mapping update (now v1.1.2). You can find that on our new beta Midi maps site here: http://midimaps.djranking s.com/mappings/22
For those interested in what changed in the new version, these functions have been added (and a few very minor bugs were fixed):
Shift + Sample Slot Play button (in Loop Decks section) will Unload Sample Slot
Shift + Encoder Push (in Loop Decks Section) will Stop All Sample Slots (in that deck)
The CUE1-4 tab will Retrigger sample slots on Decks C/D when Sample Decks (this is good for One Shot Samples)
Shift+ Headphone Cue buttons on Decks C/D will toggle deck between being a Track/Sample/Input deck
Jodi Lacerra
Jodi Lacerra
Also, I just released a mapping update (now v1.1.2). You can find that on our new beta Midi maps site here: http://midimaps.djranking s.com/mappings/22
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by resorte
IS 'SNAP' BOUND TO ANY KEY COMBINATION?

A list of all bindings would be EXTREMELY helpful, why wouldn't DJTT include this with the mapping documentation?
Snap alone isn't bound to a key combination but if you press the Slicer mode button it will automatically turn on Snap for that deck. As for your documentation question, I created a Walkthrough PDF (which explains most all functions) that is downloadable at the beginning of this thread or from our Midi maps portion of our site.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by resorte
EFFECT ON WHEN PRESSING BUTTON DOWN (NOT RELEASE)

Id like the JogFX buttons to turn the effects on upon pressing the button DOWN. As of now, it only turns on the effect when I RELEASE the button. Does anyone know how to change this?
Unfortunately this would not be a simple and easy change as you might expect, but it is something that could be done. I will consider making an edit of the mapping with this functionality in the future (or maybe integrate it in my upcoming custom mapping)
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Kainos
How adaptable is the VCI-400 EG to future mapping, as far as labels go. I see there some removable sections (templates), but there are others, such as loop move/active loop/loop length sections that don't appear to be on the template. Are these labels removable if the mapping changes much in the future, or are they permanent? It was easier with the VCI-100s when a whole new overlay was placed with new mapping. Does the VCI-400 have the same flexibility or are some of the labels there for the life of the controller?

Also, it is likely there will be new firmware in the future. Anyone heard of a guarantee that buyers of the EG edition will receive free firmware upgrades in the future? Still trying to decide between the EG or Standard controller.
The VCE-400 EGE is completely adaptable and every control can be remapped. The labels do not come off but are very minimal and should not distract you if you use a custom mapping in the future. To be honest, the text is a bit difficult to read in the dark so you probably will only use the labels while you are learning at home.

And yes, there is potential for new firmware in the future. So if Vestax releases new firmware unrelated to Midi, we should also then have updated firmware only with our custom Midi.
Leighann Kashat
Iv'e imported the 1.1.2 mapping several times now and still I can't get my right jog FX to load properly wheras the left one have no issues at all! For example: after iv'e been using echo and want to use the Detox preset, It loads the Swirl preset, which means I have to press the detox button twice to load it properly, which again is not required for my left deck
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Dax
Attachment 8560

- quick question about the 400
from videos i notice red and orangish LEDs on your videos.
Other posted videos of VCI have shown a green layer of buttons

My question: how many different colour LEDs are under the pads in total and what are they. Also does your mapping utilize the entire selection?
I believe there are 3 different colors on those bottom buttons (Red, Green, or Orange). The mapping utilizes them but you are only able to set one color per tab (the three modes you toggle through) state.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by moey2k2001
I have set the tempo range to 100% so i can set from 0 to 300+ bpm on every deck using the pitch faders but it doesnt seem to work... seem to only go a range of +/- 10bpm .... why's that?
The Tempo fader by default is a Relative Tempo control, while Shift+Tempo fader is a Direct Tempo control command.

The Overall Tempo Range will control the Direct Tempo command's range; however, the Relative tempo command is controlled by the "Tempo Fader" mapping controls commented "Tempo Fader A/B/C/D" that you can find when selecting the VCI-400 mapping in the Controller Manager. On the Relative commands you will see that the Sensitivity is set to 40%, this controls the relative amount the tempo faders move in reference to the set Tempo Range.

So, you would first adjust the Tempo Range (in the Transport Preferences section) for the range you want on the Direct Tempo command and then mess with the sensitivity on the Relative tempo command to change the range the Tempo fader will move without holding Shift.
Tillie Sliman
Yes it is possible. The Overall Tempo Range will control the Direct Tempo command's range; however, the Relative tempo command is controlled by the "Tempo Fader" mapping controls commented "Tempo Fader A/B/C/D" that you can find when selecting the VCI-400 mapping in the Controller Manager. On the Relative commands you will see that the Sensitivity is set to 40%, this controls the relative amount the tempo faders move in reference to the set Tempo Range.

So, you would first adjust the Tempo Range (in the Transport Preferences section) for the range you want on the Direct Tempo command and then mess with the sensitivity on the Relative tempo command to change the range the Tempo fader will move without holding Shift.
Gotcha, thanks! I'll play around with this and see if I can get it working to my taste.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by JDT-NYC
I received the unit (2) weeks ago, and I have been playing with the audio settings on my Lenovo Y560 and I get snap crackle pop noises on my recordings and while playing. I have win 7 64 bit home edition with quad core and 8GB of ram. I am using DPC latency check and so far there are no issues. I have played with all the Vestax audio buffer and latency settings, and nothing fixes this problem. I am not prepare to drop $3,000.00 for a Macbook pro. I am returning the unit for a refund (even though I love the creativity of this unit.
You may want to check Vestax's site as there may be an update to the PC audio driver that could fix your issues. I had audio issues on my Vaio PC way back when I was initially testing the controller months ago that were really bad and they all went away after upgrading the audio driver and audio related firmware.

If you are only getting a few intermittent pops or crackles, maybe provide me with some more information to try to get you to a working state to DJ without worries on.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by weltraumpapst
great tutorial flashflooder.. one question.. there is no mapping for previewing a track or is there?

i'm still on a normal vci, just want to know, when the upgrade kit is coming out
You are correct that there are no controls currently mapped to Preview a track. I might consider adding this some day if someone can show me how it helps them (I personally have never used it).

No ETA on the upgrade kit, still waiting to hear from Vestax if we will be selling Ean Golden edition top plates with the special Blue filter knobs. Customers who have purchased the VCI-400 EGE from us will soon have a solution to switch back and forth from the DJTT FW to the regular FW though.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Slamboogie
Hi guys,

I finally had a chance to play with the VCI 400 EG and had alot of fun. What a powerful controller. Love this baby. However, I do have one issue: Once a track has been "sync" and then I try to use the pitch fader to fine tune the pitch control, the pitch will suddenly reduce the bpm by about 2% or so. This is crazy and not sure why the software pitch is not matching up with the controller's pitch fader position. For your information, I have reset all pitch fader position with the software pitch position with the "Shift" key. I also have play with the "Set Tempo Range To" percentage from 100% to 50% to 12% to 8% and regardless of the percentage, the pitch control is not mirroring each other properly between the software and the VCI 400 EG controller. Any suggestions to correcting this issue. Thank you in advance for your help.
It sounds like you want to do a little pitch bend to nudge the track which you would do using the clear outer jog wheel instead of using the Tempo Fader.

Also, the hardware Tempo fader is not going to match the software Tempo fader in most cases due to the default Relative Tempo command. The tempo should not jump any more than about .16 bpm though unless you have not yet reset either of the Tempo faders in your setup process (by pressing Shift+Tempo fader middle so Relative Tempo Range becomes +8/-8 instead of 0-16%)
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by CryderSteez
Another question: is it possible to reduce the tempo fader range to 4% while maintaining the 100% range while holding shift? That functionality is killer but every time I try and dial the 8% down for better precision I mess with the 100%.
Yes it is possible. The Overall Tempo Range will control the Direct Tempo command's range; however, the Relative tempo command is controlled by the "Tempo Fader" mapping controls commented "Tempo Fader A/B/C/D" that you can find when selecting the VCI-400 mapping in the Controller Manager. On the Relative commands you will see that the Sensitivity is set to 40%, this controls the relative amount the tempo faders move in reference to the set Tempo Range.

Dusti Huether
Originally Posted by Slamboogie
Tempo pitch fader no feedback between TP2 and VCI 400EG controller unit.
BROWSER BTN + Tempo (move physical control without moving tempo in Traktor); and/or
SHIFT + Tempo (move back to centre to reset)

Explained here (21:10 onwards):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...qZqj7M#t=1267s
Leighann Kashat
Anyone else having issues with loading jog FX properly on deck B even after importing the mapping correctly? Haven't tried with a different USB cable, but it would unlikely be the cause. Plus: the right sample deck LED does not lit unless you have the left sample deck LED turned on
Joya Masi
+1
Originally Posted by midijunk
Had the VCI EGE for a couple of weeks now, great job with the mapping. Hope a future update may include:

Shift + Load = Unload Deck\All Samples

Shift + Grid Mode = Traktor 'slip mode' (Pioneer\Itch feature) : http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ad.php?t=96236
This would:
a. copy deck A to C or B to D
b. mute C or D
c. standard Grid Mode (ie loop and allow mash-up)
When Grid Mode is disengaged
d. copy deck C to A or D to B
This allows the track to keep playing in the background as if the loop was never set.. hope this makes sense?

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy