DJTT VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition Mapping (Traktor Pro 2)

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: DJTT VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition Mapping (Traktor Pro 2)Reply
DJTT VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition Mapping (Traktor Pro 2)
Posted on: 09.03.2012 by Jodi Lacerra
This is to be used as the official thread for the DJ Techtools VCI-400SE Ean Golden Edition mapping for Traktor Pro 2. TO use this mapping, please make sure to be running at least TPro2 version 2.1 or greater to avoid any unexpected issues. The mapping was tested and created on TPro2 v2.1.2.

PLEASE NOTE: The VCI-400SE (Ean Golden Edition) has DJ Techtools custom firmware on the controller so this mapping WILL NOT function correctly as expected with regular VCI-400 units.

After downloading the mapping, you will need to Import the mapping into Traktor using the large "Import" button on the bottom left of the Preferences section (note that using this large Import button will overwrite all other loaded mappings, so please export your current settings first if you want to back them up).

If it is the first time importing this mapping, you will want to go through the Import process twice due to an infamous Traktor bug where the Effect settings do not load properly on the first Import. You can verify if the effect settings loaded correctly by trying the "Gratify" effects or any of the "JogFX" and ensuring that the proper effects load (this can be checked with the Summary pdf as the expected effects are listed in there).

After importing the mapping, you will want to go into the Controller Manager of Traktor's Preferences, select the DJTT VCI-400SE mapping in the "Device" listbox and make sure your In-Port and Out-Port are set correctly. "All Ports" is ok to keep if this is the only controller you have plugged into your computer. Otherwise, you may want to set the In-Port and Out-Port specifically to the VCI-400 to avoid any potentially Midi confusion between mappings.

Note: The mapping and pdf summary should have been sent in your Shipping confirmation email; however, in the case you did not receive it, I have reposted the tsi and pdf summary to this thread.

Should you find any bugs or have any questions regarding the mapping, please use this community thread to post your comments. Thanks!

DJTT VCI-400_TSI_v1.1.1.tsi
DJTT VCI400SE Mapping Summary.pdf

NOTE: There will be a tutorial video for this mapping early next week. We have to refilm now because our media got corrupted. We will also likely shoot a setup video too.

For now, after loading the mapping you want to move most knobs and faders to reset them correctly. You will also want to press Shift+Tempo Fader middle position (where the red light turns on) for each Tempo fader upon starting up Traktor. This will properly set the tempo range to +-8% (instead of 0% to 16%). This occurs because the default Tempo command is a relative command with a total range of 16%. Shift+ the Tempo fader is a direct Tempo fader command with a range of +-50%. This range can be changed in the Transport section of Preferences.

UPDATE: See below for the VCI-400SE Mapping Tutorial Video I did recently. Hope it helps!
Edwardo Rothenberger
Originally Posted by lacker
Just imported the mapping again and that did the trick. Thanks.
Marty Eppling
Just imported the mapping again and that did the trick. Thanks.
Marty Eppling
I did but I don't believe I restarted traktor after each time. I will import again and see if that takes care of the leds.
Edwardo Rothenberger
Originally Posted by lacker
Hello

Just received my 400EGE and I watched the mapping video. The only thing that doesn't work on mine is the leds don't turn off after I delete a cue or mute a sample. All those leds stay on. In the video they turn off when cues are deleted and when samples are muted. Any ideas?
Did you import the mapping twice?
Marty Eppling
Hello

Just received my 400EGE and I watched the mapping video. The only thing that doesn't work on mine is the leds don't turn off after I delete a cue or mute a sample. All those leds stay on. In the video they turn off when cues are deleted and when samples are muted. Any ideas?
Jan Tawzer
Originally Posted by flashflooder
haha ok. well, the only option that may be possible now is to send you regular vci-400 unit into our office and i believe we have the means to take it all apart reflash the firmware, put it back together and then send it back to you for a fee (probably around $50). i am going to test this procedure with on customer who insisted on trying and if it works and is a straight forward enough process that i can have our assembly guy do it, then we could also offer this as a custom service for people in the meantime. that's about the only possibility i see at this point though.
I just got the regular vci-400 unit and didnt realize the firmware differences,now the unit is kinda useless 2 me, the ean golden mapping was i only reason i bought the unit. I would pay 50$ all day form the firmware upgrade! Are you guys offering that custom service ? It would make my day!
Digna Araza
So I'm new to Djing, and have been looking into buying some gear after playing around with virtual dj, demo of TP2, Ableton, Mixxx etc.

I came to the conclusion that the Vastex VCI 400 is what i need and want.
Also, is Traktor Pro 2 the software i find most appealing.

So what is the opinion of you professionals out there on this gear as a beginner:

Controler: http://store.djranking s.com/vci-400...n-edition.html

Software: http://www.amazon.com/Native-Instrum.../dp/B004UKEJ7G

Accessories: http://store.djranking s.com/keyboard-covers.html

It's a lot of money especially since i am a beginner, but my thought on spending that much is: I want to get good, so sooner or later i will need advanced gear like this. Might as well buy it right away. And yes, i do understand that i might get frustrated that i won't be able to use the software/hardware's full potential in the beginning but with lots of practice i'm sure i will get there.

Hope to get some thoughts and feed back.

Sincerely,

Mark
Edwardo Rothenberger
I was checking Flashflooder's video on the 400 EGE.

Are the loop IN/OUT buttons not mapped anywhere?
Kristian Egans
Hello flashflooder,

So does that mean that the EGE has "more hardware" than the original one? and Is the ugrade procedure more complex than the upgrade procedure of the vci100se???

thanks & best regards
Scarlett Greben
someone just brought up wanting this on my flashflooder version mapping too. both are very reasonable requests so i will find a place to put snap and quantize in. i believe i'm going to do it as a shift + loop recorder c/d buttons on mine and may just do the same on the djtt mapping since there isn't much other space for it (unless any of you guys have ideas on where)

Snap + Quanitize functionality would be amazing flash. Thanks again for listening to our feedback and Keep up the good work.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by kdelca7470
BUMP!!! i've been looking and cant find it either... can anyone help?
someone just brought up wanting this on my flashflooder version mapping too. both are very reasonable requests so i will find a place to put snap and quantize in. i believe i'm going to do it as a shift + loop recorder c/d buttons on mine and may just do the same on the djtt mapping since there isn't much other space for it (unless any of you guys have ideas on where)
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by bhagatriks
pretty pretty please! i will paint my OG controller black and blue to get the EGE firmware on it.
haha ok. well, the only option that may be possible now is to send you regular vci-400 unit into our office and i believe we have the means to take it all apart reflash the firmware, put it back together and then send it back to you for a fee (probably around $50). i am going to test this procedure with on customer who insisted on trying and if it works and is a straight forward enough process that i can have our assembly guy do it, then we could also offer this as a custom service for people in the meantime. that's about the only possibility i see at this point though.
Archie Ynoa
Originally Posted by fitzyp
Hey FlashFlooder, There is one thing that i do miss from the VCI100 mapping that i cant seem to find in the 400. A button to turn SNAP and QUANTIZE off and on and the old shift+filter to change the tracks key. Maybe they are already in the new mapping somewhere...

BUMP!!! i've been looking and cant find it either... can anyone help?
Donita Menster
Unfortunately this is sounding less like a possibility than we had hoped. There was some confusion between Vestax and us regarding a key fact in ability to flash firmware on the device. It still may very well happen but the process would likely be more complex and require having to take the controller apart. This by no means a concrete answer but my feelings on the current situation.
pretty pretty please! i will paint my OG controller black and blue to get the EGE firmware on it.
Fairy Halyard
Deck A is Ch 1-3, Deck B Ch 4-6, Deck C Ch 7-9, Deck D Ch 10-12. If you map the Midi out to the first channel number (e.g. Ch.1 for Deck A) the button will be at 100% brightness, the second channel will be at 50% brightness, and the third channel will make the LED for that button blink.
this behavior is also for regular VCI-400?
Fannie Ohayre
That's because I don't feel like arguing.
robin loo
Originally Posted by dj subculture
I give up.
that was fast..
Fannie Ohayre
I give up.
robin loo
I looked at that, twice.
I'm believe of something more in depth.
you mean like the S4 dvd? i believe the video above is in depth enough. explains all the functions on the controller.. what more do you want?
Fannie Ohayre
I looked at that, twice.
I'm believe of something more in depth.
robin loo
I just ordered my 400 EGE.
I would love it if there were a video tutorial for this controller like the one you guys did for the S4.

here is a walkthrough

Fannie Ohayre
I just ordered my 400 EGE.
I would love it if there were a video tutorial for this controller like the one you guys did for the S4.
robin loo
Is there or will there be a Tpro 2.5 version soon?

not much changed i guess, just found one bugs

- when using jog wheel FX: when going from a 3 FX combo to the delay at the first button press the fx bank goes to advanced but keeps the first effect set in chained mode and engages it
Katherina Vijayakumar
I'm Sure Plan'o vci-400 users would Love a MiDi Map that works, Please... i wasn't cool enough to get the SE but would have loved to gotten one. Thanks.
Shaniqua Pukas
Also posted here

I'm really looking forward for an upgrade kit. I was hesitating between a S4 and a VCI-400, I couldn't wait for the VCI-400 EGE and because I live in France, shipping costs and customs will have raised the price tag too high for me.
So I bought a regular VCI-400, hoping for an upgrade kit,
Emanuel Kepics
Originally Posted by tbox
i would love to no when the vci 400 firmware/mapping/overlay/upgrade package will be released or if its going to happen
Read a few posts earlier in this thread. Seems like the topic was covered by Flashflooder already
Leighann Kashat
Unfortunately this is sounding less like a possibility than we had hoped. There was some confusion between Vestax and us regarding a key fact in ability to flash firmware on the device. It still may very well happen but the process would likely be more complex and require having to take the controller apart. This by no means a concrete answer but my feelings on the current situation.
Does that mean we won't get any firmware-related updates to the VCI-400 EGE at all?
Ned Somerset
Hey FlashFlooder, There is one thing that i do miss from the VCI100 mapping that i cant seem to find in the 400. A button to turn SNAP and QUANTIZE off and on and the old shift+filter to change the tracks key. Maybe they are already in the new mapping somewhere...
Shaniqua Pukas
Well, there's a firmware update utility included in the drivers, I don't understand where's the difficulty. Unless the VCI-400 EGE has some extra pieces of hardware inside.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Rusty
@flashflooder
Can you please let me know exactly what the minor bug fixes were? I made my own custom edit of the original mapping and I believe it would be quicker for me to correct the bugs than to edit the latest version of the mapping with my custom settings. Thanks!
i'm really sorry for the delayed reply. i meant to get to this sooner and then forgot. there weren't many bug fixes i don't believe.

the main one that i can remember though is that if you had a jogfx setting on and then left it on while switching between the bottom tabs on each deck you could have it stay on which would make the jog wheel still control jogfx when you were in a different mode. this only affected the left side of the controller and was fixed by adding in another modifier command to set to zero for the jogfx associated modifier (M3).
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Pinto
I have no scratch functionality at all. I have messed around with the sensitivity and all that and have the jog fx working fine. Any idea on how to get scratching working please?
make sure you upgrade to traktor 2.1 or higher
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by thictool
Im having trouble figuring something out here while making my own tsi map on the EGE VCI400.

I am setting up my own Cue Banks on the Performance Grids for Deck A,B,C & D (Labeled "CUE"in the Performance Grid section). I am able to set everything up correctly on all Decks, but the LEDs on Deck D seem to stay a solid Red color, while the LEDs on Deck A,B & C all blink Red.

Any clues on this - Like how to change the blinking LED states to solid on Decks A,B & C or how to make Deck D LEDs blink?

Any insight would be really helpful

Thanks
Yeah, so there are multiple midi messages sent out for each of these performance grid buttons in each section and the Midi out LED behavior is different based on which Midi out note to map to. For example, each perf grid button (in each mode) has the same Midi note number across all Decks, they are just sent out on different midi channels.

Deck A is Ch 1-3, Deck B Ch 4-6, Deck C Ch 7-9, Deck D Ch 10-12. If you map the Midi out to the first channel number (e.g. Ch.1 for Deck A) the button will be at 100% brightness, the second channel will be at 50% brightness, and the third channel will make the LED for that button blink.

You may also notice that along the same lines, each of those perf grid buttons will send out 3 Midi notes of the same number on the different Midi consecutive midi channels, just like the Midi out I explained above. If you are just Midi learning to map these buttons you will almost always learn the last midi message of the three (e.g. ch 3 for Deck A, ch 6 for Deck B, etc) which will build in some virtual latency into your mapping which you probably don't want. It's really a pain because then you can't midi learn and you have to select the midi notes manually but it is worth it if you need quick response from those buttons (like instant effects, cue pts, etc). In some case, it might not be necessary though.

Hope this helps. Sorry if it's confusing, but that's the nature of the VCI-400SE custom firmware unfortunately.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by bascurtiz
Is there a way to make the slicer-mode specified for the VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition, work on the Novation Twitch by copying some mapping out of the .TSI ?
as weltraumpapst already mentioned, this is not possible because it relates to the custom firmware on the VCI-400SE. but if you really want the slicer mode, you should really just use the twitch with itch. the slicer mode integration is better with that anyways
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Rubinski
i'm a very sad DJ because the firmware upgrade for my regular VCI-400 is still unavailable :'(
Jodi Lacerra
Liken Flashflooders edit better then the original! Keep it coming Flash!
Thanks! I really appreciate it. I also plan on making an update to that mapping sometime kinda soon. I have some other ideas I wanted to fit in before posting it but didn't want to delay putting it online until then.
Shaniqua Pukas
i'm a very sad DJ because the firmware upgrade for my regular VCI-400 is still unavailable :'(
Joya Masi
Agreed, loving the extra FX... I never use sample decks

Ned Somerset
Joya Masi
Not working for me, the normal DJTT EGE mapping works but this doesn't, even though the VCI is selected as output/input and I checked everything else... boo

I'll get to your guys questions soon when I have a chance; but in the meantime, feel free to check out the first official iteration of my Flashflooder edit VCI-400SE mapping here that I just posted: http://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/166

I listed the main changes on the MAPS page but I'll put them again here too as follows:
  • The upper FX sections that controlled Loop Decks C/D now control FX banks 3/4 respectively
  • The GRATIFY section uses the Beatmasher in FX1-1 on the top/first row, the second row is Reverb, Filt92:LFO, Delay (all on FX2) and a dedicated ECHO Freeze button (this will blink when activated)
  • You can keep any of the lower row Gratify FX on by pressing Shift+that button (or holding Shift as you release the Gratify button)
  • Pressing Shift will turn each decks FX1/2 route buttons (under the Filter knobs) into FX3/4 route buttons. The LEDs will change as you hold Shift to indicate which FX are currently routed
  • The LOOP tab on each deck controls the SLICER single effect on FX3 and will turn on the effect at different STYLE values (1/3/4/5). This can create interesting beat stutter sounds with the buzz rate at 0 (or glitchy sounds with the buzz at positive rates).
  • The Loop Recorder now has the Dry/Wet mini fader going from 0% to 100%. Button A now sets the Loop Rec to Record and should blink to the master output when not recording (LED should stay on when recording). Button B will Play/Pause and will stay lit if the Loop Rec is playing. Buttons C and D decrease or increase the Loop Rec size. Shift+Button A/B will delete the Loop Recorder.

I hope to make a short video for this sometime soon and also to make some further changes to modes/functions I don't really use (and there are definitely some others). I just wanted to post it so you guys could try it out at this point. If anyone has any major feedback, I'll definitely consider it for future versions.
Madlyn Trocino
Im having trouble figuring something out here while making my own tsi map on the EGE VCI400.

I am setting up my own Cue Banks on the Performance Grids for Deck A,B,C & D (Labeled "CUE"in the Performance Grid section). I am able to set everything up correctly on all Decks, but the LEDs on Deck D seem to stay a solid Red color, while the LEDs on Deck A,B & C all blink Red.

Any clues on this - Like how to change the blinking LED states to solid on Decks A,B & C or how to make Deck D LEDs blink?

Any insight would be really helpful

Thanks

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy