DJTT S4 Mapping Thread

DJTT S4 Mapping Thread
Posted on: 22.12.2011 by Jodi Lacerra
This thread is to be used as the official thread for sharing any issues, bugs, questions, and general feedback for the DJ Techtools Kontrol S4 Custom Mapping.

The current release version is v1.2.2

The DJTT S4 Mapping is now FREE to Download. See all of DJTT's free mappings here: http://www.djranking s.com/midi-map/ (you can also use the link below)

Sign up for the S4 Mapping mailing list to get the download file and free updates on the mapping here: DJTT S4 Mapping Sign up

Note: There will be an update to this mapping soon which will address some leftover bugs (mostly dealing with if you use the Sample decks on Decks C/D) and address any other user issues.

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
  • Traktor does not allow control of the Loop Length indicator LEDs with custom mappings (like this one). Therefore, the indicators will either be blank in this mapping or show the last loop length setting they were on when the default mapping was loaded.
  • If you want to switch back to the default mapping, simply go into the Controller Manager, click "Add..." Traktor Kontrol S4 -> Default for the original mapping to be loaded. You will then want to either select the DJTT mapping and take the S4 off the In-Port or just delete the DJTT mapping from the Device listbox.
  • Traktor will not allow me to map the "Filter On" function to the movement of the Filter knobs. As a result you may need to manually click on the Filter on ciricular switches in Traktor in order for your Filter to work.
  • It seems that you need to have Traktor Pro version 2.1.1 or above in order for this mapping to work properly (specifically for the Jog wheel FX). If you find that it works fine on an older version, please let me know.
Jacquiline Alabran
Originally Posted by kramerbuccs24
Just installed this and I'm having a few issues. I tried to capture them on video the best I could. They might take a few minutes to finalize.

In first video:
-Tempo/pitch slider pretty much doesn't work, you can see/hear how I'm moving the slider and then I show what is actually registering on TP2: clearly not the same
-Weird blinking/flickering of the ON AIR display that my iPhone doesn't capture very well but it's noticeable in person, that was never there before and doesn't appear to be intentional (it's not on the beat)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulr6t...ature=youtu.be

UMMM..... SYNC is on. Pitch faders are not enabled while using sync.

As far as your other issue, not sure there.
Jacquiline Alabran
The Map imported just fine for me. Did it exactly as Ean showed. No issues there. As with others, I have had some issues also. So I made a short list. I know some have already brought some of these to attention but I make sure that everything I found is listed.

Jog wheels dont work in browse mode. I'm Ok with that but I would like to atleast see them locked out during browse mode.

Load and Cue buttons no longer light or flash during browse mode.

Load buttons do not light at all

While previewing a track in browse mode, I can no longer skip to different parts of the track using the browser knob.

Browser preview disappeared but can be turned back on in the preferences.

"On-Air" display seems to be synced to the channel fader and fader LED's

Hot Cue #1 not lit after loading a new track. Does not light unless that cue point is erased and reset.

I noticed some intermittent unintentional zooming of the beat grid

Not sure if this is on purpose, but effect #4 in the sample area will not Wet/Dry fade In/Out. Also, all of the effects seem to have a pre-set dry/wet and effect characteristic setting. When first activated you can not Dry/Wet them in. They are instantly there and then you can Dry/Wet them in/out using the jog

The jog effects worked well for me and are fun but there are a few things i noticed.

As with all of the sample are effects,all of the jog effects seem to have a pre-set dry/wet and effect characteristic setting. When first activated you can not Dry/Wet them in. They are instantly there and then you can Dry/Wet them in/out using the jog

Also noticed that when switching between jog effects using Shift+Jog, the effect will activate for just a hair of a second.

The pitch faders do not seem as accurate as before.
Lida Vert
it keeps saying corrupt file when i try to download it any suggestions? mac osx
Lida Vert
it saying file corrupted when i try to download it anyone have any suggestions?
Son Laverriere
There is several bugs when you switching in browse mode and the loop recorder.
I will make a report on that.

Except that the mapping is working with the MFP beatmasher mapping.
You just need to impot the TSI with the small Import button. Works good for the moment.
Shirlee Depiazza
Originally Posted by DJZILCH
I got the DJTT S2 mapping and its not in NHL mode, yet i dont have to press SHIFT + SHIFT to put it in midi mode

if the S4 mapping is anything like their S2 mapping then i dont believe it will be in NHL mode
Both the S2 and S4 mapping are in NHL, as are most people's K1 mapping etc. When you look at the mapping screen you'll see all the mapped to feilds say something like "Left Tempo Fader", "Right Cue Button" this is NHL mode. Midi-mode would say awesome cryptic things like "CH01.CC01" or "CH01.F#".

HIDDEN FEATURE: HOLD SHIFT + ROTATE "MOVE LOOP ENCODER" SWITCHES TO A DELAY PRESS ENCODER TO ACTIVATE
Federico Perno
fixed it. all i did was update hahahahaha works like a charm (y)
Minerva Casertano
For people complaining the jogwheels don't work in browse mode, you can use the main browse knob above the loop recorder and the load buttons will still work. Hold shift to scroll folders.

I realize this isn't as good but it is an alternative for now.
Libbie Deutchman
Was using it last evening with no problem, then I reimported the custom MidiFighter mapping that I made. I set that preset up to change the FX when I hit the top left button. It worked great and then when I switched on the jog fx they went back to their settings like it should.

After a while though, I could still use the 3 jogwheel presets, but the presets on the sample deck buttons stopped working properly. It would only switch to the Slicer and would just change the values, but not switch to Bouncer or Gater.
Ewa Kalata
Originally Posted by scamo
This may be a stupid question, but for those of you who are having problems with the jog, are you pressing "shift + offset" to start the jog wheel FX mode?

scamo
That and make sure your Traktor is updated, I'm running 2.1.1 having no issues besides the obvious ones.
Rey Holubar
This may be a stupid question, but for those of you who are having problems with the jog, are you pressing "shift + offset" to start the jog wheel FX mode?

scamo
Rey Holubar
Go into the Preferences Window and select the Controller Manager. Under Edit, select "Delete". Now press "Add.." and select "Traktor->Kontrol S4->Default". You may have to restart Traktor after making these changes.

scamo
Eliz Cause
I don't like this mapping at all. how would i go about going back to my original settings?
Maya Beierschmitt
Just installed this and I'm having a few issues. I tried to capture them on video the best I could. They might take a few minutes to finalize.

In first video:
-Tempo/pitch slider pretty much doesn't work, you can see/hear how I'm moving the slider and then I show what is actually registering on TP2: clearly not the same
-Weird blinking/flickering of the ON AIR display that my iPhone doesn't capture very well but it's noticeable in person, that was never there before and doesn't appear to be intentional (it's not on the beat)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulr6t...ature=youtu.be

Second video:
-I activate the jog wheel effects mode and it turns on when I depress the jog wheel but movement of the jog wheel doesn't modify the effects at all, it's essentially just an on/off switch at this point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APwOB...ature=youtu.be

Also, some other issues:
-Jog wheels don't work for scrolling in browse mode regardless if jog effects are on or not, this is a feature I will really miss and I hope it can be brought back in an update
-Cue point "1" does not light up button "1" blue, however loops in slot "1" still light up green on the S4 like they used to
-Loop size LED display is completely blank, however both knobs (position and size) seem to work just like normal. I'm very happy to see that the "scrolling" through the track by the loop length when loops are inactive still works... love that feature.

I'm gonna screw around with it more over the next few days and I'll do my best to report issues. This mapping has a lot of potential, I hope you guys can get it to work correctly and restore all of the now-missing features that made me fall in love with the S4 in the first place!!

edit: Figured out that the jog wheels essentially don't work at all, I can't find a single function that they used to/should perform that they actually perform (scrolling in browse mode, searching through tracks/scratching, the new effects, etc.). However, pressing down on the wheel appears to work just as it should (stopping a track and engaging the new effects).

Have a great holiday and enjoy your days off.... but fix this shit when you get back If we have to pay for the extra time it'll take for y'all to fix this, sign me up.
Lura Argomaniz
Is there anyway to get four track decks.
Sarai Suchman
from the video it looks like u use echo freeze by just pressing the platter of the jogwheel...and pressing it again with release the echo freeze
Lynetta Stanislav
Got the mapping seems to work ok , couple of things I am not sure about , how does the echo freeze work and can you get the sample decks to work as normal .
Federico Perno
I tried recalerbrating the jogwheels but still nothing
Albertina Blau
Hey guys I like the mapping but it has few issues and i have big gig toevening so I want to return to old original mapping, so what should I do?
Kandra Fagler
Originally Posted by rgtb
well, my bet is it does run in nhl mode because otherwise, ean would have instructed us in the vid to put the s4 into midi mode (by pressing shift+browse).

idk, i'll check it out when i get home from work.
I got the DJTT S2 mapping and its not in NHL mode, yet i dont have to press SHIFT + SHIFT to put it in midi mode

if the S4 mapping is anything like their S2 mapping then i dont believe it will be in NHL mode
Lilla Tankesley
Got thesame issue with the values not changing when using jogwheel.
Tennie Dornburg
hah i was retarded about the filter, i should have known to press the filter button on screen. but all in all this mapping is pretty good
Callie Tropeano
Ean and or Mod's,
Video is awesome but is there a written manual on mapping and how to modify the preset effects??
Alessandra Yick
I'm just gonna add to the list that the effects mode does turn on and the effects work but turning the jogwheels does'nt change the value of the FX.

And if you can't use the jogs for regular mixing anymore i can't use this.... would'nt a midi mapping be a lot better? Because you can easily switch between NHL and Midi mode WHILE MIXING!!!
Ngan Ernestine
Originally Posted by DJZILCH
my bet is no it is not running in nhl mode
well, my bet is it does run in nhl mode because otherwise, ean would have instructed us in the vid to put the s4 into midi mode (by pressing shift+browse).

idk, i'll check it out when i get home from work.
Alessandra Yick
I'm having the same problem.

I can turn the fx on but i can't change the value's!

And is it possible to switch out of FX mode? Because i can't use the jogwheels for mixing anymore AT ALL!!!
Kristofer Krauel
Everything works fine for me. Had a couple of issues the first time i imported the mapping but i just imported it again and things were sorted out.
As already mentioned there are a couple of things to get used to like not using the loop display and when browsing for tracks you can't use the jogwheel. Only very minor things things to adapt to though and they are worth it because this mapping is a lot of fun!!
Kandra Fagler
Originally Posted by rgtb
question to those already using the mapping: is this an add-on mapping? that is, the S4 continues to run in NHL mode, this ain't a MIDI mapping?
my bet is no it is not running in nhl mode

if its anything like the S2 mapping i believe this is a mapping built almost entirely from scratch, meaning you might lose your NHL jogwheels respond

that was my only complaint about the S2 mapping - i thought the jogwheels would work as well as the default mapping when i am not activating the JOG fx, turns out it is not

try it - i am also interested to know if the S4 mapping is in nhl mode or not?
Ngan Ernestine
question to those already using the mapping: is this an add-on mapping? that is, the S4 continues to run in NHL mode, this ain't a MIDI mapping?
Magan Lomenick
The effects with the jog wheels don't work for me either, when I grab them and turn them, it's not moving the dry/wet button and the other effects as shown in the video.
Shaina Brazzell
Originally Posted by neilmcm
Downloaded but not imported it yet has anyone tried it and it works ok.
basically this--not bringing up the issues that have already been discused that will be covered in the update, has anyone been able to use the effects as shown in the video? i'm wondering what i'm doing wrong.
Lynetta Stanislav
Downloaded but not imported it yet has anyone tried it and it works ok.
Colene Isdell
Same problem here. does not work with my midi fighter with IG.
what i don't like is that browse mode does not work right.( you can't use the jog wheels to scroll though your tracks and the cue bouton is not blinking)
the loop length indicator is always set to 16 and the line faders don't work right. sample decks don't work too but that will be fixed in january so ....

I really don't wanna bitch about this, but it seams like the mapping takes a lot of things the s4 was good at, away.
Valda Wallisch
I have the same problem as tigerblood. Anyone who know how i can fix this?
Shaina Brazzell
yeah, just can't get this working at all. installed the tsi twice as it says in the video, it cleared all my other mappings (including my instant grat for my midi fighter, but i assume i can just bring it back in) and my non-effects related settings (which is annoying)--but the effects don't work properly. it seems like the effects "load up" properly--each of the seven go to individual parameters--but when i depress the jog wheel, it just engages the effect but you can't adjust it at all by moving the wheel. any idea why i might be having this issue?
Rey Holubar
Originally Posted by acidistic
When I download the zip file all I get is a vcf file theres no tsi or anything. What am I doing wrong?
Have you clicked on the link in the email?

scamo
Shaina Brazzell
Originally Posted by ksimek
yes, my filter also does not work
it seems you can just turn the filter back on without an issue and it won't reset to off when you load a new track. that said, i have issues getting the effects working at all.
Enrique Marple
Originally Posted by Xoduzz
my filter knobs dont work and the sample loop indicator doesnt change
yes, my filter also does not work
Shaina Brazzell
Originally Posted by acidistic
When I download the zip file all I get is a vcf file theres no tsi or anything. What am I doing wrong?
It's possibly an issue created from first confirming via a mobile source, or at least that's what happened to me. re-register with a new email address and you should get a link to the zip file
Roselee Delbalso
didn't realize it was that simple, d'oh! thanks

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy