DJTT S4 Mapping Thread

DJTT S4 Mapping Thread
Posted on: 22.12.2011 by Jodi Lacerra
This thread is to be used as the official thread for sharing any issues, bugs, questions, and general feedback for the DJ Techtools Kontrol S4 Custom Mapping.

The current release version is v1.2.2

The DJTT S4 Mapping is now FREE to Download. See all of DJTT's free mappings here: http://www.djranking s.com/midi-map/ (you can also use the link below)

Sign up for the S4 Mapping mailing list to get the download file and free updates on the mapping here: DJTT S4 Mapping Sign up

Note: There will be an update to this mapping soon which will address some leftover bugs (mostly dealing with if you use the Sample decks on Decks C/D) and address any other user issues.

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
  • Traktor does not allow control of the Loop Length indicator LEDs with custom mappings (like this one). Therefore, the indicators will either be blank in this mapping or show the last loop length setting they were on when the default mapping was loaded.
  • If you want to switch back to the default mapping, simply go into the Controller Manager, click "Add..." Traktor Kontrol S4 -> Default for the original mapping to be loaded. You will then want to either select the DJTT mapping and take the S4 off the In-Port or just delete the DJTT mapping from the Device listbox.
  • Traktor will not allow me to map the "Filter On" function to the movement of the Filter knobs. As a result you may need to manually click on the Filter on ciricular switches in Traktor in order for your Filter to work.
  • It seems that you need to have Traktor Pro version 2.1.1 or above in order for this mapping to work properly (specifically for the Jog wheel FX). If you find that it works fine on an older version, please let me know.
Lulu Schoemaker
I am having the same problem as well. Does this new S4 mapping only work on everything else beside Traktor Pro S4?
Amberly Colvard
Originally Posted by scamo
..... but taking away the controllability of the sample decks is a minus point in this mapping from my point of view. It would have been cool to layer over the sample deck. Like, pressing "Shift + offset" means those buttons are for effects, but then press "Shift + offset" again and you are back to "normal sample deck controls". Maybe there is a trick to this, because I can't imagine effectively nullifying the sample decks with this mapping is actually wanted.

scamo

I agree, I use the sample deck buttons for cue points and not having access to cues 5-8 takes away some of the fun at least for me.
Rey Holubar
I just tested this mapping with TP 2.1.2 and it works like a charm. And, it IS layered over the default user mapping, so things like loop size indicator and jogging through a song with the left rotary knob works for me. I have only tested it about 10 minutes and the only thing I noticed I feel is sort of "wrong" is the fact the sample deck buttons are used to select the FX for effect banks 2 and 4. It isn't a bug, but taking away the controllability of the sample decks is a minus point in this mapping from my point of view. It would have been cool to layer over the sample deck. Like, pressing "Shift + offset" means those buttons are for effects, but then press "Shift + offset" again and you are back to "normal sample deck controls". Maybe there is a trick to this, because I can't imagine effectively nullifying the sample decks with this mapping is actually wanted.

Other than that fantastic work! I am not sure why so many people are having trouble with this mapping. It worked from the start for me. I imported it twice and pressed "Shift + Offset" or one of the sample deck buttons and I was rolling.

I am going to look into how you used the jog wheel to change the modes. That is a neat little feature and I am astounded at how it does work by turning the jog to the right to go from left to right and turning the jog left to go from right to left. That is a really cool mapping trick.

Again, really nice work guys and thanks for not charging for it. That shows real class!

scamo
Lorenzo Brearton
I cant get the effects to turn on using shift and reset
Rey Holubar
Originally Posted by Rukks
Could this mapping be on a second layer in midi mode and then have the default s4 mapping on one layer.

I believe that would have allowed for alot less headaches, I've never switched between the midi and NHL quickly but i may just try to copy the mapping into midi form to be able to do that.

Anyone on board with this idea?
Hmmm...hope I don't get into trouble for this and since you're almost specifically asking about something I am trying to accomplish, then I say check out my Jog FX mapping.

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=43115

You'll have to do some reading through some threads though to understand it.

I do want to say, Ean and his team have put in a lot of time to make this mapping and I believe it is monumentally great they are giving it away for free too. They'll get it bug free soon enough and I can attest to the fact that such a mapping is a lot of work. A lot! But since this mapping is free, that also takes me a bit off the hook for "spamming" this thread for my mapping. Sorry guys, but I need some test users too.

BTW, any comments about my mapping, please make in the release thread for my mapping. Please, I don't want to side track this one. Thanks!

scamo
Lang Abriel
Most of the problems that were staed are things that I have also noticed, specifically the pitch faders being very laggy and having to reset to the bottom.

My thought with this WHOLE mapping is to be able to toggle it, I know on my maschine I can easily scroll through traktor mappings without having to go into preferences

Could this mapping be on a second layer in midi mode and then have the default s4 mapping on one layer.

I believe that would have allowed for alot less headaches, I've never switched between the midi and NHL quickly but i may just try to copy the mapping into midi form to be able to do that.

Anyone on board with this idea?
Bertram Gritten
Originally Posted by zephry
@tigermeltz

did you enable the default mapping port. for me this is labeled as n/a and when I enable it the s4 functions become erratic and useless. logically most will probably enable the port
im kinda lost on how this mapping was made? but then im kinda new and learning so I wont criticize.
no, the inport and outport are the kontrol s4. if they fixed that i'd be golden
Mel Menger
Hi everyone, I just got my s4 for xmas and have imported the new mapping and besides the normal bugs my jogwheels wont scratch, instead it just pitches to -100% .. Im not sure if this is from the new mapping or because im just a newb at the control features of the s4 and may have some setting on.

If it is a mapping problem could any of you please send a link for a past mapping file for the s4. If it it just me being a newb could any of you pls tell me what im doing wrong.

thank you, and merry christmas! =]
Sherri Klepzig
@tigermeltz

did you enable the default mapping port. for me this is labeled as n/a and when I enable it the s4 functions become erratic and useless. logically most will probably enable the port
im kinda lost on how this mapping was made? but then im kinda new and learning so I wont criticize.
Bertram Gritten
I'm on windows version 2.1.2. (the most current version) and the mapping was imported twice as specified in the video.

However, besides the above noted bugs about the filters, and loop display, my crossfader does not work. I cannot fade deck A into deck B or vice versa. The individual deck faders still work however the crossfader has been completely unusable for me.

There is also a slight glitch when using preset on what would be the efx preset on sample deck 4, it will sometimes mute the deck playing until repressed again. So I will be using the efx from sample deck 4 pressing the jogwheels, I will stop pressing the jog wheels then all sound will cut out until I press the sample deck 4 button for a second time. Is the only fix to quickly repress the button?
Amberly Colvard
First of all, love the mapping I'm definetely going to use it a lot at gigs. There's only one bug I've found is that when I active the preset on top of hot cue 4 on the right side of the controller. The effect works perfectly but it doesn't turn off when I stop moving the jog wheel. Hope u guys fix this.
Maya Burchart
Has anyone tried this with two turntables? Vinyl control + DJTTS4 Mapping seems like a good combo...

I'd try it myself, but I don't have turntables yet...
Sherri Klepzig
This worked on versions 2.1.1. & 2.1.2.
Sherri Klepzig
To install and make it work I had to....
Import the map with the main import button (at the bottom not from the dropdown list)
This is with windows .
Then import again so twice.
Then close and reopen traktor and it works!
Oh and do not delete or set the default mapping port leave as n/a on the port setting.
(not sure why this works the way it does, strange)
hold shift and press tempo offset for the mode.
hold shift and turn jog for effects select.
No need to set jogmode to effects in prefs leave as is.
There may also be some settings to make after the restart though.
some issues as stated loop display etc.
Randell Juna
personaly I don't care MIDI or not MIDI.
If DJTT version is good, I for sure don't need another 'original' or 'default' version on my traktor at the same time.
But curent DJTT version is no good on my setup :/

merry xmas
Callie Tropeano
The s4 mapping is acting bunk. Depressing jogs turns fx's on bus rotating them makes no value change. Any suggestions?... Merry Xmas all!
Alessandra Yick
I believe everybody would prefer a midi version, and the way NI setup the S4 makes it ideal to switch between the native S4 mapping and the DJTT Total Ownage mapping ;-)

But i also believe it would take a lot of time to make something like that because they'd have to start from scratch so even if Ean and his mapping soldiers would dare to take on that quest we would have to be very patient for it to reach us.

But still.... a Midi Version get my vote!!!
Dj Tykarma
I also agree that a MIDI version would be better. Or at least having the option to import a midi file.

I was actually expecting to be able to switch back to factory mapping very quickly in order to have the best of the two worlds without having to restart Traktor or even going to the preferences.

Maybe there are advantages to using the native mode though, if it's the case, a native tsi would make sense if there wasn't any loss in factory features such as loop move/display accuracy, sample decks, scratch mode and LED indicators...
Libbie Deutchman
Is a MIDI version even possible? If so, I believe that would be PERFECT.
Sarai Suchman
Originally Posted by stefanomdj
yeah....it would be better because you could use the native map and the djtech map in combination
+10000
Maya Beierschmitt
Originally Posted by Funken
Are you sure about that?

Been looking in the pref, but nothing like .. and how do you delete a beatgrid if
it's not in the cue slots?

Can anyone else confirm that?
In answer to your second question, click the arrow near the "active" button on the bottom-left of the deck and click "grid." Play around with the "reset" and/or trash can button and it'll erase it. Then drop the start of the new beatgrid with the flag button (turn off snap if you have to)
Guillermina Vanderwerken
Originally Posted by kooper1980
This is because it's not Using up one of the hot cue slots to store the beatgrid. If you prefer to have your grids stored in one of the hot cue slots then you just need to change this in the preferences. Not at my laptop zo can't tell you where this is but it's just a simple check box that says something like "store beatgrid as hot cue" (or something similar).
Are you sure about that?

Been looking in the pref, but nothing like .. and how do you delete a beatgrid if
it's not in the cue slots?

Can anyone else confirm that?
Josefina Schutten
Originally Posted by VanGogo
+1 on a midi version.
yeah....it would be better because you could use the Native Map and The DjTech Map in combination :O
Era Roka
absolutly no problems only the loop length indicator doesn't work
Patrica Burow
I was having a lot of the same issues that many others were having. (jogwheels not working for effects, CPU load went through the roof despite having a comp that far exceeding anything needed, ect ect). I worked on it for a while to no avail, and ended up just doing a fresh install of traktor in the end. But after I did a fresh install of traktor and the mappings everything worked peachy keen.
Sarai Suchman
So ive played around with this mapping for about 10 hours now and here are my thoughts:

Overall its very good...personally for the music i spin only a couple of them will fit in, but i can see the endless possibilitys with the combos, and controlling with the jog wheel is awesome, cuz u can have such great control over the fx amounts.

The list of bugs have already been posted so i dont really need to go through that.

The one thing i find is...i do not use sync at all, and i find i end up doing a lot more mistakes, jogwheel mode/effects mode. And it is a bit awkward.

The other major issue is that with the S4 mapping my Instant Grat mapping is no longer compatible. As the 3rd fx bank is now a single not 3 effects.

There probably is an easy way to just map a button to switch fx bank 3 mode and gonna dig into that

overall very happy with the mapping
Charline Dye
+1 on a midi version.
Charline Dye
Why not take this to the DJTT S4 map sticky in the S4 community ?
Era Roka
my loop lengt indicator is black, is this normal??
Magan Lomenick
Hello, My jogwheel finally work (just needed to update my Traktor to 2.1)

I'm kinda new in the mapping world, can anyone explain me how can I change in the mapping the preset effect ? like for example If I want a delay instead of the T3daly.

Thank you very much, and merry Christmas to all
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by Funken
I found that when making a Beat Grid, it shows in the waveform, but it deleting itself in the 1-4 5-8 list, just below the CUE section...?
Making the beatgrid just pressing one of the numbers, (default makes it a Cue) and when pressing Grid, it disappears ? and some how not.. just acting strange...
This is because it's not Using up one of the hot cue slots to store the beatgrid. If you prefer to have your grids stored in one of the hot cue slots then you just need to change this in the preferences. Not at my laptop zo can't tell you where this is but it's just a simple check box that says something like "store beatgrid as hot cue" (or something similar).
Dj Tykarma
Hi,

First, thanks for the great work, it was worth the wait, the last days where really hard

One thing I noticed for now is that the selection of the main FX presets through the Jog wheels isn't very accurate and easy to use.

Couldn't we just select the presets 1, 2 and 3 using shift + the small button under each FX rotary ? (the one that we use to enable/disable the FX when in chained mode on the factory mapping).

Would be way more accurate and straightforward.

As for the loop behavior (not showing length and inaccurate loop move), I guess you're already aware these bugs but had hard time to implement them, maybe there is need to work with NI on this.

Overall it's a really nice job for a V1, reminds me the first time I tried one of your mappings on the VCI-100 which I still have BTW.

Thanks.
Klara Neiffer
Hello all !
Does anyone know why when I press the sample 4 for the echo it loads the T3DELAY instead of DELAY ?
In the video it is the delay and not the t3delay wich is loaded ...

Thx a lot !
EDIT : Works fine !
I don't know if it's a mistake in the tsi but I see that the FX Unit 3 effect is T3DELAY ; so I changed it to DELAY, and now all is good !
Thx DJTT !
Natasha Garity
Originally Posted by maceeto
it keeps saying corrupt file when i try to download it any suggestions? mac osx
Also having this issue, anyone worked it out?
Maya Beierschmitt
Originally Posted by Spike240sx
UMMM..... SYNC is on. Pitch faders are not enabled while using sync.

As far as your other issue, not sure there.
Right, but unless I'm remembering wrong, if deck A is the "master" you are able to use the pitch fader on that deck. It's hard to see but it was actually changing the tempo, just not nearly as precisely as it was on the factory mapping.

Love your list, by the way, I'm not sure if it's exhaustive but it's definitely the most concise and specific post in the thread thus far.

Lastly, S13 or S14? I'm an AW11 MR2 Supercharged owner myself.
Son Laverriere
Originally Posted by Spike240sx
The Map imported just fine for me. Did it exactly as Ean showed. No issues there. As with others, I have had some issues also. So I made a short list. I know some have already brought some of these to attention but I make sure that everything I found is listed.

Jog wheels dont work in browse mode. I'm Ok with that but I would like to atleast see them locked out during browse mode.

Load and Cue buttons no longer light or flash during browse mode.

Load buttons do not light at all

While previewing a track in browse mode, I can no longer skip to different parts of the track using the browser knob.

Browser preview disappeared but can be turned back on in the preferences.

"On-Air" display seems to be synced to the channel fader and fader LED's

Hot Cue #1 not lit after loading a new track. Does not light unless that cue point is erased and reset.

I noticed some intermittent unintentional zooming of the beat grid

Not sure if this is on purpose, but effect #4 in the sample area will not Wet/Dry fade In/Out. Also, all of the effects seem to have a pre-set dry/wet and effect characteristic setting. When first activated you can not Dry/Wet them in. They are instantly there and then you can Dry/Wet them in/out using the jog

The jog effects worked well for me and are fun but there are a few things i noticed.

As with all of the sample are effects,all of the jog effects seem to have a pre-set dry/wet and effect characteristic setting. When first activated you can not Dry/Wet them in. They are instantly there and then you can Dry/Wet them in/out using the jog

Also noticed that when switching between jog effects using Shift+Jog, the effect will activate for just a hair of a second.

The pitch faders do not seem as accurate as before.
Perfect list!
Josefina Schutten
1) Browser mode on : the knob of loop size and loop move can't scrool my folders! also click it didnt "open" or "close" the folder tree someone else have noticed it?

2) Why don't implement it in MIDI MODE? so everyone if want the normal NI map use normal map and if we wanys some cool fx with jogweel just press shift+browser and do it! it'll be much more interesting use 2 map in combination...
Guillermina Vanderwerken
Hi..

Having all the same fault as already described in this thread.

Filter, LED not working.. and so on.

I found that when making a Beat Grid, it shows in the waveform, but it deleting itself in the 1-4 5-8 list, just below the CUE section...?
Making the beatgrid just pressing one of the numbers, (default makes it a Cue) and when pressing Grid, it disappears ? and some how not.. just acting strange...
Jacquiline Alabran
How to go back to factory mapping.

With Traktor P2 open:

File>Preferences>Controller Manager. Under "Device Setup" select "Traktor.Kontrol S4 Default"

Restart Traktor P2
Meryl Burgdorf
hi how do i switch back to the default s4.tsi

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy