DJTT S4 Mapping Thread

DJTT S4 Mapping Thread
Posted on: 22.12.2011 by Jodi Lacerra
This thread is to be used as the official thread for sharing any issues, bugs, questions, and general feedback for the DJ Techtools Kontrol S4 Custom Mapping.

The current release version is v1.2.2

The DJTT S4 Mapping is now FREE to Download. See all of DJTT's free mappings here: http://www.djranking s.com/midi-map/ (you can also use the link below)

Sign up for the S4 Mapping mailing list to get the download file and free updates on the mapping here: DJTT S4 Mapping Sign up

Note: There will be an update to this mapping soon which will address some leftover bugs (mostly dealing with if you use the Sample decks on Decks C/D) and address any other user issues.

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
  • Traktor does not allow control of the Loop Length indicator LEDs with custom mappings (like this one). Therefore, the indicators will either be blank in this mapping or show the last loop length setting they were on when the default mapping was loaded.
  • If you want to switch back to the default mapping, simply go into the Controller Manager, click "Add..." Traktor Kontrol S4 -> Default for the original mapping to be loaded. You will then want to either select the DJTT mapping and take the S4 off the In-Port or just delete the DJTT mapping from the Device listbox.
  • Traktor will not allow me to map the "Filter On" function to the movement of the Filter knobs. As a result you may need to manually click on the Filter on ciricular switches in Traktor in order for your Filter to work.
  • It seems that you need to have Traktor Pro version 2.1.1 or above in order for this mapping to work properly (specifically for the Jog wheel FX). If you find that it works fine on an older version, please let me know.
Neva Sparacino
little question witch traktor fits best the kontrol s4
the traktor 2 that comes with it or the traktor scratch 2

sometimes in the scratch 2 i have ome problems with samplers and in kontrol s4 i have ome bumps sometimes
Sherri Klepzig
@tigerblood
I believe the uprgrade to TP2 from the s4 version of traktor gives an entirely new serial number.
I believe you can get the serial by logging in to the native instruments user accounts(the way you would to access the protected drivers and all that info). I havent done it for a while but I remember it being there.

And of course you can call support or log on to the NI community (do a search first) and a mod will tell you more detailed of how to go about this.
I saved my serial numbers the s4 and the TP2 on ext. hd, lappy, and wrote it down.
Randell Juna
on DVD case...
Shaina Brazzell
Originally Posted by StefanoMDj
traktor 2.4? isn't stopped at 2.1.2?
My mistake, I was confusing the s4 drivers with the traktor version. I've basically figured out the issue--i'm still on 2.01, and need to update--the problem being is that I have no idea where the serial number for traktor 2 is--I can't find one anywhere in my s4 box (and yes, I bought it new). The only serial number I found was the one on the back of the DVD, and that only corresponds to the s4 itself, not traktor--way to make shit needlessly complicated, NI.

Does anyone know where the serial number for traktor 2 itself was kept when they bought their s4?
Josefina Schutten
traktor 2.4? isn't stopped at 2.1.2?
Shaina Brazzell
okay, i've sequentially updated to current version of traktor (2.4.23) and installed the DJTT S4 mapping twice as indicated, and it's still the same problems i've always had--the parameters set, you can select the different effects modes by pressing shift/up, depressing the jog wheels initializes the effects but rotating the jog wheels don't change the effect at all.

help?? seriously, i have no idea what else i could possibly do.
Ethel Saracco
Waiting on the next version as well. Hopefully it drops soon.
Susy Martinkus
Originally Posted by RobHandz
Loving the new mapping, great Stuff! I have a question about the T3Delay mapped on the 4th sample deck button, I was wondering which assignment i'd have to edit in the controller manager settings to change the default rate to 1/8th a beat instead of the already mapped 3/16th a beat

Thanks for the help!
Found out after bit of trying!
Susy Martinkus
Loving the new mapping, great Stuff! I have a question about the T3Delay mapped on the 4th sample deck button, I was wondering which assignment i'd have to edit in the controller manager settings to change the default rate to 1/8th a beat instead of the already mapped 3/16th a beat

Thanks for the help!
Son Laverriere
I'm waiting for the clean version. All the bugs are listed in this thread. I'm ready to pay for it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one...
Valda Wallisch
Ive had the same problem with the jogwheels. Updated the software and it worked like a charm! So just update to all you guys who is experiencing troubles with the jogwheels :-)
Rey Holubar
@content - one simple word. Upgrade. You are missing some cool stuff staying on S4 1.0.1.

scamo
Jaye Tabata
So I am having the same jog wheel problem that everyone else is reporting but i am using traktor pro s4 1.0.1 could this be a problem? I don't know. I love the mapping but i can't use it without the jog wheels controlling the effects since that is pretty much the crux of why the mapping was created. Please DJ TT, fix this major problem that EVERYONE seems to have! Thanks guys.
Bernadine Kolke
Loving the new mapping, really suits my style using 4 track decks, and like my shitbox car, i've figured out the little tricks to it from a little bit of practice and a couple of quiet gigs and I can confidently use it out and change the things I want on it to customise it further. So far I changed the Lo-fi to a mulholland drive in the first chained jog FX preset, changed the filter to a formant filter in the second preset and I changed the reverb in the third preset to a t3verb, little changes to the s4 map, but i prefer them.

The new mapping makes using the IG mapping with my mf classic alongside it both tedious and nearly pointless, although im sure you could get them working smoothly by sequencing the midi messages with midipipe or something similar, you have way more intuitive, tactile control over the most expressive and useful effects in traktor all in the one controller as far as i can see. That being said though, you can always improve and make adjustments to better streamline your own personal workflow and to add a bit of individuality to your dj sets. I'm now tweaking the focus deckalized mapping for myself to be used in conjunction with the new s4 map. Going to take the juggle mode, cue and deck control buttons from the mapping, and probably remove the FX select messages from the instant FX and beat mash buttons in the mapping and try to use them as a different way to modulate individual FX from my different chain presets. With a bit of planning hopefully i can create chains which both work on the jog wheel and with the MF button combinations.

With my nanopad I firstly made a page of different fx for both FX unit 1 and 2 while the s4 is in the chained jog effects mode. Their are so many different possibilities with different FX and different positions in the chain and im still working on them, but the best FX chains i've made include some sort of rhythmic effect, a time based effect and a colour effect, play around until you find ones that you like, The beatmasher and the gator will be your friends and there are heaps of different textures you can create using them in combination with other FX and the jogwheel is a fantastic way to trigger and modulate FX in combinations, using a little common sense and intent will help you speed things up but a little but experimentation is essential.

Although I also believe the layout with the effects is excellent for the most part but it would be nice to be able assign both of the jog FX more freely to the different decks individually and i might try and believe up a way with one of my other controllers, what you get back from this might not be worth the fight though, you should be able to use two jogs on one deck, possibly using some of the preset advanced jog FX on echo freeze tails, using the bouncer or playing with the gator could be interesting on fading echo tails, and using 2 jogs to effect one deck could also potentially be kick ass under certain circumstances.

Thanks again djtt for pushing controllerism! your work is inspirational! I would have been more than happy to pay for the s4 mapping also! 5 or 10 bucks is a steal considering the time it would take you to make such an in depth mapping from scratch.

Sorry for the book too, just wanted to share my experences and thoughts and ideas about the mapping :-)
Shaina Brazzell
Originally Posted by flashflooder
have people figured out what is causing this issue for some users?
I still haven't gotten it working properly--but i haven't tried in the last week or so.
Kristofer Krauel
This seems to be cured on most occasions by updating Traktor through service centre.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by EstatePassion
I'm just gonna add to the list that the effects mode does turn on and the effects work but turning the jogwheels does'nt change the value of the FX.
have people figured out what is causing this issue for some users?
Neva Sparacino
My jog wheels dont work so i can sync the songs why?
I mean they dont work at any time even when im not using fx jog wheel thing
Also in controll manager all the time gets back to generic keyboard :c
Josefina Schutten
Can i use this in combination with Deafult map or i have to overwrite it?
No method to use it in combination? (instead of buy a 2
Benjamin Vucich
Cant use the jog wheel fx mode, all that happens is that the effects swiched on but couldn't adjust the the effect!
Keeley Gobble
There's at least only one thing I'm missing by comming from the VCI-100 SE Mapping: Juggle Mode!

And one bug: When a cue-point is a 'load marker', 'fade in' oder 'fade out' the buttons aren't lit up.

Edit:
When I
Son Laverriere
I use to take this mapping for new year party, and despite all the bugs, it is a perfect mapping for transition.

I hope we'll see a clean version soon. I'm ready to pay for it if all the bugs are gone.
Josefina Schutten
no one is wondering about making this map a MIDI map switchable with the default one just pressing shift+browser?
it would be better imho
Cherish Pelen
Hey Guys,

first of all thanks alot for the awesome Mapping, the Effect build-ups you can create now are massive!

But I really miss the Jog Wheel and Loop-Encoder Browsing through the Library, as this was a great way to navigate not using a Mouse, hope you could adress that issue in one of the next Updates, because I tried and dind't manage.

Thanks again for the effort, your doing a great Job.

newzealandman
Danyel Delraso
Im having issues as well and cant find a solution to them :/ my play buttons no longer work, i.e using to start a track. my load buttons no longer light up, my tempo faders are glitchy and will get stuck while in motion. My decks can no longer be used to browse or scratch. Please provide update to fix problems this sucks
Louann Ortmeyer
I've been having the same problems you guys are having bug wise. I have a question though, I just got the X1 for Christmas. How would I incorporate that with my S4 with this new map?
Adah Backs
Thanks
Rey Holubar
In this blog. http://www.djranking s.com/2011/12/2...ol-s4-mapping/

scamo
Adah Backs
Originally Posted by traktor head
Ean and or Mod's,
Video is awesome but is there a written manual on mapping and how to modify the preset effects??
Where is this video?
Bertram Gritten
Originally Posted by djmikeD
Hey everyone I just downloaded the new mapping and imported the TSI file for my S4 it's awesome however I have a question how do I get back to the original S4 default mapping ?? When I hit import and open the default mapping folder I see 2 TSI folders S4 default then another S4 dummy default lol which one is it ??
from the controller manager tab in preferences you go

"add->Traktor->Kontrol S4->Default."

This will load the blank standard s4 controls. THIS WILL RESET YOUR s4 Preferences such as tempo faders being absolute or relative. SO PLEASE CHECK THE S4 settings before gigging if you load them up from default.

the method of selecting the S4 mapping from device set up is not 100% reliable on resetting your S4 mapping.
Katharyn Stamatakos
Hey everyone I just downloaded the new mapping and imported the TSI file for my S4 it's awesome however I have a question how do I get back to the original S4 default mapping ?? When I hit import and open the default mapping folder I see 2 TSI folders S4 default then another S4 dummy default lol which one is it ??
Zola Perser
So, the main issue I get is when bouncing between some of the presets, that a loop will somehow get recorded and in spite of every deck being stopped will continue to play... I've noticed it on Deck A two times now. and it usually happens when building up a breakdown and as I transition back I'll notice that something else is playing ontop of whatever track I just loaded. stop all decks... and it's still going.. the only way to stop it is by a quit and restart...
and also the whole loss of sample control and the browser navigating not working...and not being able to get back to my default mapping... :-/
Zola Perser
Originally Posted by Spike240sx
How to go back to factory mapping.

With Traktor P2 open:

File>Preferences>Controller Manager. Under "Device Setup" select "Traktor.Kontrol S4 Default"

Restart Traktor P2
tried that went right back to the DJTT mapping after restart.
Bertram Gritten
Originally Posted by zephry
Hmm, strange what I am saying is that when I import this map it takes the port selection away and says n/a in the dropdown box to the left of the map selection box for the s4 defaualt map(not the djtt map that one has ports enabled) If I click the box and enable the port the s4 does not work well nor the djtt map.
Maybe thats just me?
I cannot seem to replicate your problem, can you try and post a screen shot?
Mel Menger
How were you able to switch back from fx mode to sample mode? t
Bertram Gritten
Originally Posted by zephry
Hmm, strange what I am saying is that when I import this map it takes the port selection away and says n/a in the dropdown box to the left of the map selection box for the s4 defaualt map(not the djtt map that one has ports enabled) If I click the box and enable the port the s4 does not work well nor the djtt map.
Maybe thats just me?

Yeah I figured thats what you meant. I'm not sure what could be causing the lack of functionality without saying something lame like update the version or wipe the slate clean and try again since thats not helpful. I ran into a slight problem similar when using the S2 with reduced functionality but it corrected itself and we could not get the bug to appear again (which is worse than having a bug IMHO). When I can get home from work I'll PM you my results when trying to replicate your situation
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by VanGogo
Why not take this to the DJTT S4 map sticky in the S4 community ?
Merged
Daisey Evertson
I just downloaded the DJTT s4 mapping and it works wonderfully. Except there are a few issues I'm experiencing. My filters are not working, and when I have a second track running, it will play in my headphones even if the cue button and play button are not activated. I switched back to the default s4 mapping in the device setup of Traktor preferences and restarted Traktor, but neither of these things resolved the problems. I'm sure there's other bugs, but these are the first one's I've noticed. On a side note, I'm currently running the most recently updated version of TP2 and I'm using the most up-to-date version of Mac OSX Lion. If these issues could be addressed in the upcoming s4 mapping update, that would be awesome. Thanks DJTT!
Garry Bigaouette
Hi all Merry Chrimbo

If im to add this how do i go about it so that i can still use instant grat with my Midi fighter? and can i also use a X1 to?
Ive scanned through the comments and dont seem to see an answer

cheers
Sherri Klepzig
Originally Posted by TigerMeltz
no, the inport and outport are the kontrol s4. if they fixed that i'd be golden
Maybe thats just me?

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy