DJTT S4 Mapping Thread

DJTT S4 Mapping Thread
Posted on: 22.12.2011 by Jodi Lacerra
This thread is to be used as the official thread for sharing any issues, bugs, questions, and general feedback for the DJ Techtools Kontrol S4 Custom Mapping.

The current release version is v1.2.2

The DJTT S4 Mapping is now FREE to Download. See all of DJTT's free mappings here: http://www.djranking s.com/midi-map/ (you can also use the link below)

Sign up for the S4 Mapping mailing list to get the download file and free updates on the mapping here: DJTT S4 Mapping Sign up

Note: There will be an update to this mapping soon which will address some leftover bugs (mostly dealing with if you use the Sample decks on Decks C/D) and address any other user issues.

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
  • Traktor does not allow control of the Loop Length indicator LEDs with custom mappings (like this one). Therefore, the indicators will either be blank in this mapping or show the last loop length setting they were on when the default mapping was loaded.
  • If you want to switch back to the default mapping, simply go into the Controller Manager, click "Add..." Traktor Kontrol S4 -> Default for the original mapping to be loaded. You will then want to either select the DJTT mapping and take the S4 off the In-Port or just delete the DJTT mapping from the Device listbox.
  • Traktor will not allow me to map the "Filter On" function to the movement of the Filter knobs. As a result you may need to manually click on the Filter on ciricular switches in Traktor in order for your Filter to work.
  • It seems that you need to have Traktor Pro version 2.1.1 or above in order for this mapping to work properly (specifically for the Jog wheel FX). If you find that it works fine on an older version, please let me know.
Christel Croak
Originally Posted by DjDCNY
fun mapping but quick question(i am not too good with traktor2)

can i have the regular default mapping back, or readily accessible thru the preferences panel? I would like to return to normal because it was more comfortable and toy around with this too, how can i run both?

i tried to restore it with no luck thru the panel, anyone?
Yes, you can go back to the original mapping, you need to first go to the controller manager page and delete the custom one, and then click on ADD, Traktor, Kontrol S4, Default. You can't run both, because the original S4 mapping is encoded within Traktor, and I believe NI has kept it that way because it will limit the number of service calls they would get about the s4 and the mapping, so it was safer for them to keep it embeded. So you kind of have to choose between the two.

Which panel are you refering to?
Wilton Warnell
fun mapping but quick question(i am not too good with traktor2)

can i have the regular default mapping back, or readily accessible thru the preferences panel? I would like to return to normal because it was more comfortable and toy around with this too, how can i run both?

i tried to restore it with no luck thru the panel, anyone?
Lang Abriel
I haven't been following this thread but I have a question for anyone who has read through all 11 pages.

Why when I select the default s4 mapping do my pitch faders have problems and the LEDs on the loop select do not show a number?
Truman Gromis

There is no way to switch between the DJTT mapping and the default other than using the import functions in the controller manager/ preferences window.

Once you import the DJTT mapping, you can then import (in the controller manager, not with the big import button) the MF mapping with it. I am just not sure if they work together, but you certainly can load it (import), as a second device.
Rey Holubar
Nope, not yet. I'm too shy.

scamo
Dede Walburg
Just downloaded your mapping, I'll install and play around over the next little while and get back to you.
Any youtube video of you using the controller with your mapping at all?

DjCh3
Randell Juna
+1 for great scamo mapping!
Rey Holubar
Hi DjCh3.

Nope. There is no way to switch on the fly. You have to import each mapping individually.

My S4 mapping is as close as you can get to switching between FX jogs and scratch jogs (and default S4 mapping) on the fly.

scamo
Dede Walburg
Is there a way to have both mappings available and switch between the two while playing live?
* Love my S4, but still transitioning from the vinyl and mixer days lol

DjCh3
www.soundcloud.com/djch3
www.facebook.com/djch3
Harland Freckleton

Hey, Sorry if this has been covered before but I'm a long time EDM lover about to have my first proper foray into DJing. I've had a bit of experience on friends gear in the past so i'm not a total newbie. I've decided to pick up a controller and then if things go well eventually expand to also include a regular CDJ, Mixer setup.
Dawn Stiber
Filter Knobs,
Scratching,
Loop Recorder,
Shift + Scratching,
and controlling the effects with the deck doesn't work. When I push down on the deck it starts the effects but if I try and scratch with it the effects just stay at the same level.
Ethel Saracco
Originally Posted by Gapout
Why r ppl bitching...this is a free mapping...if u don't wanna wait for the update then update it yourself. OR use scamos mapping which is working pretty flawlessly.

These guys do an amazing amount of work for the DJ community here without asking ANYTHING from the community.

Fuck some of you are pretty ignorant.

My 2 cents
I have spent probably close to $2000 on DJTT products over the last two years and will continue to support them. I would also have happily paid upwards of $10 for this amazing mapping. Personally I would prefer that it wasn't free so that the support for it would be better. I completely understand the amount of work that goes into designing and producing these products and I fully appreciate the value.

My complaints come from the constant missed deadlines that DJTT has set themselves. I would prefer to see them finish and properly support what they have started before moving on to new projects.

As for updating this mapping "yourself", I would guess that most people would be completed overwhelmed by the complexity of this mapping. I have made many custom Midi Mappings in Traktor so I know my way around the controller manager pretty well. I looked through the DJTT S4 mapping - it's huge and it's complex. This is exactly why I would be happy to pay for it.

I guess that's more than 2 cents worth, but there you have it
Elise Kruml
BTW Please take down the pretty link for your featured article...S4 mapping. It's dead.
Elise Kruml
Link is dead. Perhaps they are reworking the mapping? Any news?
Zandra Guthrey
Im having trouble with importing the mapping, when I do so it doesnt ask if I want to keep any of the parameters and instead just puts that along with the "s4 default mapping" and I did what it said in the video and put it on twice but now it just added the other two instead of what it seemed like in the video and stacking them. The jog wheels do not stop being jog wheels and they still seek through the track when in FX mode.
Sarai Suchman
Why r ppl bitching...this is a free mapping...if u don't wanna wait for the update then update it yourself. OR use scamos mapping which is working pretty flawlessly.

These guys do an amazing amount of work for the DJ community here without asking ANYTHING from the community.

Fuck some of you are pretty ignorant.

My 2 cents
Ethel Saracco
So much for that "early January" update. Yet another DJTT's missed deadline. Sigh....
Miquel Denke
The downloadlink doesn
Son Laverriere
Originally Posted by zephry
Some video was leaked(havent seen it)
but the rumor is Traktor"2.5"
And some changes esp. to the sampledecks. Who knows what else. Also a new controller.

My point is...
Until all is said and done with the new software interface. A lot of time spent on remapping might be a waste of time.
I know I have held off on anymore changes or purchases. Sucks cause it was just getting exciting a couple months ago. But who knows? The changes may address some limitations that this and other mappings keep running into.

If NI is nice we will get all the function we want including the complete use of mappings like this one.
This mapping is a poisoined gift for Christmas. I really enjoy it, but there is so much corrupt function on it that you can't use it in front of people for a long set or a full evening party. I tried to correct it, but it is so difficult. I'm ready to pay at least 20$ to have a solid and clean version.
Donya Heidman
Hi guys! could someone give us a tip on where to download the TSI. file? the link on the email subscription is missing.

Thanks a lot!!
Laurette Zapor
hi i have the link in the email but it says the page doesnt exist anymore, is there any other way i can get it?
Laurette Zapor
email link doesnt work- says the page doesnt exist can anyone help me getting the file
Sherri Klepzig
Originally Posted by Legotist
Still no news from DJ Techtools for an update of this mapping?

Some video was leaked(havent seen it)
but the rumor is Traktor"2.5"
And some changes esp. to the sampledecks. Who knows what else. Also a new controller.

My point is...
Until all is said and done with the new software interface. A lot of time spent on remapping might be a waste of time.
I know I have held off on anymore changes or purchases. Sucks cause it was just getting exciting a couple months ago. But who knows? The changes may address some limitations that this and other mappings keep running into.

If NI is nice we will get all the function we want including the complete use of mappings like this one.
Son Laverriere
Still no news from DJ Techtools for an update of this mapping?
Leeanna Ayla
There's been some issues with the community and some links this weekend. Hopefully they'll get it sorted soon.
Jamila Arensman
Could someone email me the DJTT_S4_Mapping.zip file? the download link I got in my email is 404ing and I need it!
Lilla Tankesley
Been having an issue lately where only one side would work. The other jogwheel would just move the parameters up and down. It used to work perfectly. I'm fully updated. I also tried importing the default setting then importing the djtt mapping in and still the same. Any ideas?
Janette Liebergen
Hi there. I just signed up, in the hopes of getting my hands on this mapping, but the link sends me to a 404 error page. Is the link broken or sending me to the wrong page? Or has the mapping been taken down?

Cheers
Majorie Kapinus
Can i use the sample buttons as hot cue 5-8 whit this mapping?
Russell Labelle

Un sintetizador de software es un software que emula el funcionamiento y sonido que produc
Kristofer Krauel
I'd be surprised if DJTT went through the hassle of recreating this mapping in midi mode.
Josefina Schutten
i believe that if no one is going to do a midi map version of this, when i'll have some extra time i'll do!
Rey Holubar
Originally Posted by BigDtheDJ
Hey gang,

I have a question here, is there a way to switch from the original mapping of the S4 to the DJ Tech Tools Custom mapping? Also will switching back and forth will I lose my mapping for the Midi-fighter? I like to use the turntable FX and a few other effects that are not mapped out in your pre-mapped out stuff. Thanks in advance gang!! http://www.djranking s.com/community /ima...s/rolleyes.gif
There is no way to switch between the DJTT mapping and the default other than using the import functions in the controller manager/ preferences window.

Once you import the DJTT mapping, you can then import (in the controller manager, not with the big import button) the MF mapping with it. I am just not sure if they work together, but you certainly can load it (import), as a second device.

If you want to stick with the default mapping and also want jog FX, try out my mapping. I am looking for guinea pigs.

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=44773

scamo
Rey Holubar
It seems the solution to this problem is to upgrade Traktor to 2.1.2.

scamo
Vicki Leuschen
Hey gang,

I have a question here, is there a way to switch from the original mapping of the S4 to the DJ Tech Tools Custom mapping? Also will switching back and forth will I lose my mapping for the Midi-fighter? I like to use the turntable FX and a few other effects that are not mapped out in your pre-mapped out stuff. Thanks in advance gang!! http://www.djranking s.com/community /ima...s/rolleyes.gif
Josefina Schutten
i'm praying the developers of this map to make a MIDI version of this in order to use it with the default mode!!!!!
Roseanne Torstenson
is there any word on an update for this mapping yet?
Ethel Saracco
@ FLASHFLOODER

Can't remember if this was mentioned in the thread already, but it would be nice to have the ability to press the Up and Down Offset buttons at the same time to lock the BPM back to the track BPM. I use this quite often with the Default S4 mapping. Thanks.
Ethel Saracco
Originally Posted by herdsmangifford12

Traktor Pro has extensive support for looping. Loop lengths are selected by the DJ and are musically logical in length (from 1/8 of a measure to 32 measures). Start and end points are quantized based on the BPM of the song. Once a loop is set, that loop can be moved using the Loop Move buttons, again in musically logical values. If the DJ desires, loop start and end points can be set manually to non musical values. In Traktor Pro, the loop function is now easily accessed through a bar below each deck.

Beat jumps work in much the same way as looping does, allowing the play position to be moved forward or backward within the song at a value determined by the DJ.

Both looping and beat jumping features still benefit from the deck caching functionality introduced in Traktor 3. In previous versions of Traktor, moving a loop or beat jumping would introduce a small pause in the audio. As its name implies, deck caching allows the user to determine how much RAM is assigned to each set of decks, and songs loaded into those decks are cached into that RAM for instant access by Traktor. This, combined with the
Ethel Saracco
@ FLASHFLOODER

First of all great work on this mapping! For the most part it is working very well for me.

I watched Ean's video very closely and I am noticing different behaviour with my mapping. At about 3:02 in the video he uses the DELAY (Sample Deck Preset #4). When he touches the platter the second "FEEDB" button toggles ON or OFF. With my mapping the third "RATE" button toggles ON or OFF. The second "FEEDB" button remains ON all the time.

Also my preset #4 loads the T3DELAY instead of the regular DELAY shown in the video. Yes I used the Larger Import button twice when I loaded the mapping.

EDIT:
So I went into the mapping and I believe I fixed this myself. This mapping is extremely complex; I won't pretend that I understand everything that's happening in there. Anyway this is what I did to match what I saw in the video:
1) For the Effect Button 1 that is mapped to Right.Sample Play.4, I changed the Set to Value from 1 to 0. I also did this for Left.Sample Play.4
2) I copied down the settings from the Effect Button 2 that was mapped to Right.Jog.Touch and Left.Jog.Touch. Then I deleted these two commands.
3) I took the settings from step 2 and created Effect Button 1 for the Right.Jog.Touch and Left.Jog.Touch.

While I haven't tested this much, it seems to follow the behaviour in the video and is much more useful than the way it was previously mapped.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy