DJTT S4 Mapping Thread

DJTT S4 Mapping Thread
Posted on: 22.12.2011 by Jodi Lacerra
This thread is to be used as the official thread for sharing any issues, bugs, questions, and general feedback for the DJ Techtools Kontrol S4 Custom Mapping.

The current release version is v1.2.2

The DJTT S4 Mapping is now FREE to Download. See all of DJTT's free mappings here: http://www.djranking s.com/midi-map/ (you can also use the link below)

Sign up for the S4 Mapping mailing list to get the download file and free updates on the mapping here: DJTT S4 Mapping Sign up

Note: There will be an update to this mapping soon which will address some leftover bugs (mostly dealing with if you use the Sample decks on Decks C/D) and address any other user issues.

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
  • Traktor does not allow control of the Loop Length indicator LEDs with custom mappings (like this one). Therefore, the indicators will either be blank in this mapping or show the last loop length setting they were on when the default mapping was loaded.
  • If you want to switch back to the default mapping, simply go into the Controller Manager, click "Add..." Traktor Kontrol S4 -> Default for the original mapping to be loaded. You will then want to either select the DJTT mapping and take the S4 off the In-Port or just delete the DJTT mapping from the Device listbox.
  • Traktor will not allow me to map the "Filter On" function to the movement of the Filter knobs. As a result you may need to manually click on the Filter on ciricular switches in Traktor in order for your Filter to work.
  • It seems that you need to have Traktor Pro version 2.1.1 or above in order for this mapping to work properly (specifically for the Jog wheel FX). If you find that it works fine on an older version, please let me know.
Manual Pirc
I downloaded the mapping... Followed the instructions to load it... its loaded. I did the SHIFT and OFFSET button thing as Mr Golden says in the video, but the lig Fhts wont blink and I cant get the jogwheels to do FX.

I went back and did the whole thing again... and I noticed that in the video, when hes applying the mapping in the settings , he says to make sure the "in-port and out-port" are both set to be the S4... However, my thing wont give me that option. Under both IN-port and out port it says "none" and It gives me no more options.

any help would be appreciatged
Marquita Pawlow
Originally Posted by scamo
Don't know if this one works 2.6, but try mine, if you want a lot of effects. It works with 2.6. Link is in my sig.

Scott
Your Video is set to private so can't be viewed
Wiley Pollastrini
Arlette Herubin
So this is not actually a MIDI mapping. It's an an NHL mapping.
Mickie Freimund
the link is dead, cant download the mapping, heeeeelp plz
Marquita Pawlow
Don't know if this one works 2.6, but try mine, if you want a lot of effects. It works with 2.6. Link is in my sig.

Scott
Your Video is set to private so can't be viewed
Rey Holubar

Scott
Ashlie Culcasi
Does this mapping still work for the S4 with Traktor 2.6?
Doug Bieling
It would be interesting to see what DJTT could do with this controller now that the previous mapping limitations have been removed with 2.6.
Roberto Champie
Please give us an update for this mapping! I'd also pay for it!
Chance Depenbrock
Will there be an update for 2.6?
Al Naii
For the last FX preset on the sample deck, the delay.. mine is set to Delay T3 and controls the last param which puts like a transpose kind of effect over the delay..

isn't it supposed to be just a regular Delay effect when the jogwheel is pressed it freezes?
Rey Holubar
I believe you misinterpreted Ean.

scamo
Jamee Zaborny
Hey DJTT...not sure if I misinterpreted Ean in the video, but doesn't he say the effects are unique per side? On my downloaded mapping, they are the same on Decks A & B for both 1-3 in the effect section as well as in samples 1-4.

Any thoughts...
Rey Holubar
I'm not helping much really, but glad I can do what I can to help. I understand where you are coming from on the mapping front and finding time.

As for my mapping releases. The Builder is coming very soon. Doing a decent tutorial video isn't that easy, if you haven't had any experience or practice at it.....like anything else in life. And I hate putting out crappy stuff, which these first videos will most likely be anyway. I have to jump over my shadow on the quality bit and "just do it".....hehehe....

scamo
Jodi Lacerra
It's because the DJTT mapping is a pure Midi mapping (and really a lot of work) and Midi simply doesn't support the loop indicators. My mapping is one that works over the default S4 mapping, so you loose no functionality at all.

BTW, my Builder version is final. I am just putting some video together for two tutorials. One to explain what the mapping is all about and how to use it and another on how to map your own FX modes.

scamo
thanks for explaining this, supporting this thread and creating your own S4 mapping scamo, you're the man. i really appreciate it and honestly there are just not enough hours in a day for me to solely support every mapping we have ever made and every community thread associated with it.

i sincerely apologize to those checking this thread looking for more support. i will probably regret this but if anyone ever has a major mapping problem pm me, or send in a support ticket asking for me (or just ask about mappings and they'll send it to me) and i'll do my best to help. it is just really difficult to follow all these community threads, especially now with the maps site.
Adrian Zadrozny
It's because the DJTT mapping is a pure Midi mapping (and really a lot of work) and Midi simply doesn't support the loop indicators. My mapping is one that works over the default S4 mapping, so you loose no functionality at all.

BTW, my Builder version is final. I am just putting some video together for two tutorials. One to explain what the mapping is all about and how to use it and another on how to map your own FX modes.

scamo
Update?
Rey Holubar
Originally Posted by tgunn897
Why sticky a thread when its obvious support is probably dead for this mapping. Good Job Scamo, wonderin how you got the numeric loop readout to work with yours and djtt says you cant have that with mappings such as their own

scamo
Randy Neave
Why sticky a thread when its obvious support is probably dead for this mapping. Good Job Scamo, wonderin how you got the numeric loop readout to work with yours and djtt says you cant have that with mappings such as their own
King Mascarinas
Originally Posted by YellowRobot
Im having issues as well and cant find a solution to them :/ my play buttons no longer work, i.e using to start a track. my load buttons no longer light up, my tempo faders are glitchy and will get stuck while in motion. My decks can no longer be used to browse or scratch. Please provide update to fix problems this sucks
I would try reload the default mapping then going back to this one. It sounds like way to much isn't working for it to be the mapping. Also make sure that you don't have both running at one time, that has given me mad problem before.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by DysfunkDJ
Flashflooder will there be an update to your mapping to iron out some of the issues,
honestly i can't commit to if/when this would happen because i have so many other projects on my plate and mapping projects always get pushed to the backburner forcing me to do most of them that aren't critical to ean on my own time at home. i'd like to help but the s4 mapping was so complex and confusing to pack in all that functionality that i'm not sure how much work it would take to fix the remaining bugs. if you and some others could compile a pretty thorough list of issues though that would help a lot and would increase the liklihood of me being able to do an update to the mapping anytime soon.
Britt Roback
Flashflooder will there be an update to your mapping to iron out some of the issues,
Delena Katherman
Ok, so now I'm really confused. I believe the S4 mapping may have actually worked, but all the preset effects are completely different from my S2 mapping! Is is supposed to be that way? For example, one of the presets on the DJTT S4 mapping I liked was Flanger Flux, Delay, and Peak Filter. However, this preset is nowhere to be found in the S4 mapping. The presets seem much 'wetter' and more destructive than what I had before. Does anyone know what's going on? Any help is MUCH appreciated.
Delena Katherman
Did you import the DJTT mapping with the big import button at the bottom of the preferences window and do it twice?

scamo
Yeah, I did. It's the strangest thing. Everything works fine except that the effects change when I first press the jogwheel!
Rey Holubar
Did you import the DJTT mapping with the big import button at the bottom of the preferences window and do it twice?

scamo
Delena Katherman
I've read about the numerous issues with this mapping, but I haven't heard anyone complain about the problem I'm having:

I bought an S2, and applied the DJTT custom mapping. All was well, until I decided that I wanted an S4. I exchanged the S2 for an S4, and tried the S4 mapping.

Here is the problem: after I deleted all the other mappings and imported the new mapping everything looked fine (all the effects looked right). But, after I activate the jogwheel effects with shift/offset, pressing the jogwheel the first time suddenly changes all the effects presets to different random ones (that don't sound very good together). I really miss the real ones, and want them back so that I can finish a mix I'm doing.

I tried Scamo's jogwheel effects, and they work great. But, I really need to get the other ones back at least temporarily. Does anyone know why this is happening? Would it be hard to use the Scamo mapping and add my own effects to match the parameters of the DJTT mapping effects?
Era Roka
You can Find it in your preferences
Jaleesa Drollinger
Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou
just click on the name of the effect, a menu wil come up and you can select the one you want

kkkkkkk, right this way I know ... I would like to know the parameters pre selected ... for every time you change parameters, already being changed ...
Era Roka
just click on the name of the effect, a menu wil come up and you can select the one you want
Jaleesa Drollinger
Sorry my English because I am Brazilian, I wonder, how do I change the effects?
beatmasher2 to delay, and which best match? could give me some tips?? someone already changed some? which for what? thank you all ..
Son Laverriere
I use this mapping since the first day it came out (i've done all the upgrades to traktor, and I also use the MFP beatmasher with the DJ Techtools mapping. Sometimes I play around 20 hours before any bugs shows up, and next time I believe I can destroy my controller...

The master clock' bug can happen in a middle of your gig, or at the beginning. No matter how hard you click on Auto (on traktor) or on Master (on the S4), the main BMP stays the master clock. Which mean you have to manually select the master throught Traktor with your mouse to select the right master. You can sync it with another track, but when the first stop, the master don't go to the next track, it goes back to the internal clock, then again, you can manually select the right master. Am I clear? (sorry but I'm French )
It is really painfull when you want to pass from different BPM.

About the Cue bug... You can't do nothing except to wait... It happen to me everytime. The only thing to do is to activate the browse mode to listen your next track, and also you have to activate the function in traktor that prevent you to add a track on a playing deck. The first time, I loaded track on a playing one, and glad I was in my room... I can't imagine if I do this in a middle of a gig.

So again, only use this mapping only if you not let it drive you to use it to much. Use the effect with precaution, and always watch your BPM sync.

I hope the clean version will come out soon.
Originally Posted by trilla_shocka
This used to happen to me quite frequently at home, for about a week straight. Then all of a sudden, it just stopped doing it. I believe this mapping sometimes has a mind of its own....

Can you explain more about the master clock? And is there anyway around to fixing the CUE issue if your in the middle of a performance? I used this mapping last thursday playing out, had no issues THANK GOD but would like to know if there are any tricks or saves I could pull out of my sleeve if something pops up mid performance.

Thanks!
Adrian Zadrozny
Originally Posted by Zac55
I've had same issue a few times now. It never happens when I'm practicing at home...only when I'm performing (go figure)...but controller seems to all of a sudden remap itself...where the CUE buttons (normally allow you to listen in headphones) changes to LOAD track button...everything else seems fine. It's not the end of the world since I can go into settings and change mapping without interrupting playback, but it is certainly a hassle. Any thoughts?
This used to happen to me quite frequently at home, for about a week straight. Then all of a sudden, it just stopped doing it. I believe this mapping sometimes has a mind of its own....

Originally Posted by Legotist
Three of the biggest bugs in this mapping:

- Cue buttons become load button. You have to pass in browse mode to active th initial Cue fonction. Sometimes it does, and sometimes not.

- Master clock is on no matter the song you're playing. You have to be very careful during a live performance if you wanna stay in time. Sometime it does, and sometimes not.

- You can't navigate in your preview throught the S4 button, you need to use your mouse. It does it everytime.

So be careful with that mapping if you use it in a live performance. You have to know the bugs, and how to deal with it.

I shall be happy to pay for a a solid and clean version.
Can you explain more about the master clock? And is there anyway around to fixing the CUE issue if your in the middle of a performance? I used this mapping last thursday playing out, had no issues THANK GOD but would like to know if there are any tricks or saves I could pull out of my sleeve if something pops up mid performance.

Thanks!
Son Laverriere
Three of the biggest bugs in this mapping:

- Cue buttons become load button. You have to pass in browse mode to active th initial Cue fonction. Sometimes it does, and sometimes not.

- Master clock is on no matter the song you're playing. You have to be very careful during a live performance if you wanna stay in time. Sometime it does, and sometimes not.

- You can't navigate in your preview throught the S4 button, you need to use your mouse. It does it everytime.

So be careful with that mapping if you use it in a live performance. You have to know the bugs, and how to deal with it.

I shall be happy to pay for a a solid and clean version.
Tanna Lohrke
I've had same issue a few times now. It never happens when I'm practicing at home...only when I'm performing (go figure)...but controller seems to all of a sudden remap itself...where the CUE buttons (normally allow you to listen in headphones) changes to LOAD track button...everything else seems fine. It's not the end of the world since I can go into settings and change mapping without interrupting playback, but it is certainly a hassle. Any thoughts?
Marlon Arrington

watching this video about creating sweep effects, running on TP2 for the s4 and i map the knob but when i go to choose what type of button, it only leaves the option for knob/fader. Any way of changing it to button?

edit: I also have a hercules RMX and when modifying the midi mapping in tp2, i'm able to use a knob in that case as a button, so i believe it just has to do with the s4, any ideas?
Annabell Mauthe
ive been using this since it came out and haven't had any problems at all with it. only one thing i don't like is when im in a loop i cant move the loop less then 1 beat. ie ifits on 1/2 beat and i try to move it, it still moves 1 beat in stead of 1/2 anyone else have this problem?
Angeles Dallaire
Just installed Eans mapping and after a evening and a half of using it cant really complain! ive read some of the know issues here and like BPSS said sometimes the gate effect on sample button 3 stays on but that has happened twice over the course of maybe 4-5 hours of mixing. One minor thing ive noticed is i do get some audio pops or hicups i believe its its putting alot of load on my laptop should maybe adjust my latency unless someone else could maybe let me know what is causing this, the load meter is not even close to the red when im mixing so i was not sure if that was the case. Also im not using the most recent update of Traktor and i will try out Scamos mapping soon, just learning this one a bit first as this is the first time ive used a different mapping then the default one but it has opened alot of windows!
Adelia Tiemersma
I've been using this mapping since literally the first moment I used my S4 about 2 months ago & for the most part have been having great success with it. I play at least 6 gigs a month using it & have had zero gig ruining problems though I've had a few marginally annoying/confusing ones.
Aside from the other problems stated, I have a few odd problems that no one seems to be reporting. (though only sometimes [once per gig or less] & haven't been able to consistently reproduce these glitches)
1. Occasionally the left wheel effect (when in fx mode) will remain the gate effect from sample button 3 regardless of which sample button I press OR the Slicer effect in sample button 1 (again, this only happens on the left) will apparently turn the effect on but no effect is audible.
2. Also, from time to time, if I use the Browse mode button on the S4 instead of hitting space bar to expand the browser, the button ceases to work but space bar will still expand/shrink the browser.

I have no problems whatsoever going back & forth between fx mode & the standard jog mode.
I'm also rather fond of not having to hit shift to scroll thru my tune with the loop move knob.

I have experienced the incompatibility problems associated with instant gratification fx to the degree that I had to cease use of my midifighter mapped launchpad altogether. I understand that this has more to do with Traktor than either mapping but damn I miss those super combos!

Even with my issues this mapping has become a standard part of my rig & I have to say, had I paid for it, I would still be very satisfied.
Thanks to Ean & the DJTT staff!
Adelia Tiemersma
Originally Posted by Capicva
Has anyone tried this with two turntables? Vinyl control + DJTTS4 Mapping seems like a good combo...

I'd try it myself, but I don't have turntables yet...
Try scratching using the slicer on sample button 1. Ridiculous stuttered scratches that I've never heard before.
Adelia Tiemersma
Originally Posted by TheBlackSails
Along with the previously mentioned issues, my light for hotcue 1 no longer lights up when there's a hotcue placed.
+1

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy