Midi Fighter Deckalized Mapping

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi Fighter Deckalized MappingReply
Midi Fighter Deckalized Mapping
Posted on: 26.05.2010 by Jodi Lacerra
There is a new official DJ Techtools Deck specific mapping for the Midi Fighter and Traktor Pro called, "MF_Deckalized.tsi". See the attached button layout for features and functionality.

Fun Fact: Ean has been using this mapping recently to DJ using solely two Midi Fighters (one for Deck A and one for Deck B) and an external mixer.

Upon importing the tsi, the controller manager will show four labeled device mappings (one for each Deck, A/B/C/D). You will need to set the In and Out Ports to your Midifighter(s) for the applicable Decks you want to control.

A cool new function (that may not be obvious to users at first) is the Sample Slicer. After using the Record/Sampler button to craft a sample on the fly, you can go into the Sample Slicer mode by holding Shift and pressing the Record/Sampler button again. To indicate you've moved into the Slicer mode, all of the bottom 8 button's LEDs will light up as a visual cue. You can then Slice up the sample to make some really interesting sounds by pressing any of those bottom 8 buttons. Try it out for yourself!

There is also a Juggle Mode which can be activated by pressing Shift and the Record/Sampler button while the Sampler is not active (the visual cue for this is every other of the bottom 8 LEDs lighting up). This makes the bottom 8 buttons Select or Store Hotcues 1-8 (you can delete the Cue points by using Shift and the appropriate Hotcue button).

Also, for those of you that are unaware, I created FOCUS versions of the MF Deckalized mapping that allow you to use 1 Midi Fighter to control either 2 decks (A/B) or all 4 decks (A/B/C/D). With the focus mappings you get all the same functions and you are able to control the Deck that is currently selected as the "Focus" (i.e., highlighted orange).

The only difference is that the (Shift+Sync) subfunction which was "Load Next Song" in the original Deckalized mapping is now "Deck Focus Select" which will toggle the Deck Focus through decks A/B or all four respectively (see Focus layout jpeg).

As we work to create and improve future Midi Fighter mappings, we will be taking your input into consideration so please share your thoughts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Np3L2myavg

For those familiar with the original Midi Fighter mapping (see http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=10137), the new mapping shares a similar architecture to the original but now offers more hands on features.

Purchase a Midi Fighter here
Angelique Regotti
Scratch pro. 1.2.2
Leeanna Ayla
What version of Traktor?
Angelique Regotti
Hi guys

I previously had problems downloading the traktor pro mapping (only managed to get version 1.0 working). I'm not having the same problems with downloading the deckalized.tsi

When I import it to traktor in the controller manager and click on the midifighter in the dropdown lisy there is no list of commands (triggers) below where you would normally expect to find one.

Is there anywhere else i can dl from or can anyone help?
Marva Cupid
thanks
Dewey Melchi
yes it will.
Marva Cupid
will this work in traktor pro s4 ?
Lorelei Przybylowicz
Originally Posted by shogg
I would really like to get a MF to use with an S4,but would i be able to use this mapping with the S4 software?Does anyone here,use one with the S4?
In Traktor you can select what mappings relate to what Midi controller hence if you use the Midi Fighter with one other controller or ten other controllers - you won't ever get crossed midi messages ! Yes the ten controllers might over lap in functionality (i.e you could play Deck 1 using any of the controllers) but they won't interfere with each other.

However after re-reading your question - you can't upload the Midi Fighter mapping to the S4 as they will have different midi notes and different functionality.
Jordon Atterholt
I would really like to get a MF to use with an S4,but would i be able to use this mapping with the S4 software?Does anyone here,use one with the S4?
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by BlackJesus
Ok how about someone makes a midi fighter sized controller that can cover the transport issues for the focused mapping so we can load up tracks without a mouse. Why not throw in some faders and knobs so we can mix internally? This and 2 midi fighters would be my ultimate on-the-go setup.
yep sounds great. off you go and make one!
Rosita Bourdeaux
Ok how about someone makes a midi fighter sized controller that can cover the transport issues for the focused mapping so we can load up tracks without a mouse. Why not throw in some faders and knobs so we can mix internally? This and 2 midi fighters would be my ultimate on-the-go setup.
Sharyn Prado
I dont use a usb hub, so maybe that is where the issue lies...

although spending more money seems a little silly, I bought the official TSP to get it working on the advice of fullenglshpint who got a bit stroppy about my cracked version, and it made no difference apart from costing a fair amount of money.

So...

hmm, maybe I should try and borrow one to see if that does the trick
Yee Bedilion
I have used the deckalized mapping for 2 and it works fine. make sure you got the ins and out correct.

I alway make sure the midi fighters are plugged in and have the usb powered before I start traktor.

Maybe the output isnt properly defined for the second one?
Sharyn Prado
Reflashed and still no LED operation on the 2nd MF...

Does anyone have working LED's on both MF's?
Sharyn Prado
Yeah mine does the same, everytime you turn off Traktor the midi fighters switch so that the 1st in line controls both deck A and B, its a pain having to reset them every time you load up, but you get used to it.

I'll try flashing one of the midi fighters to a previous hex file and let you know whether this cures my LED issue.

Thanks
Danae Dumler
It's possible one of the two MFs just needs to be flashed with the new firmware. But I have problems using 2 midifighters too -- Traktor seems to get confused when there are two of the same controller hooked up, and I constantly have to re-select the "in" and "out" ports on one of the midifighters in the controller manager.
Sharyn Prado
Hi

Can anyone explain why my LED's dont work for looping when using the deckalized mapping with two MF's. For some reason only one will work.

Im using it with an ecler evo 5 mixer, but even without the mapping loaded for the mixer, and after doing the setup wizard they still only operate with one and not the other.

Any help would be greatfully received.
Jerome Frana
It's related to the browser/operating system. Could also be that the built in anti virus of the browser or operating system kills the content in the zip file.
Leeanna Ayla
I've also seen a few problems with Firefox on a few different sites when downloading zip files. Not sure if it's related, but switching to a different browser seems to fix it. Wonder if FF changed something in a recent update?
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by DJK-gurt
Hey the downloads on this page dont work?
It says the item is Invalid when i try to open it ??
They should and have worked for others. I would try again, maybe with a different browser.

If you are referring to the initial zip files, some people have had problems unzipping them. I use 7-zip (7-zip.org) and it seems to work well for everyone I've recommended it to.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by djay
I need some help!

I'm trying to import the deckalized mapping for traktor pro 1.2.2 for mac but when I import it there doesn't seem to be any information in the assignment table. I don't know if it is because I need a newer version of traktor but I can't seem to update it via the native instruments website. After I download the mapping the shortcut thumbnail has a picture of the black screen with exec. on it.

Any help?!
In order for this mapping to function properly you need at least Traktor Pro version 1.2.4 or above. I would try updating your Traktor software again.
Katrice Machi
I need some help!

I'm trying to import the deckalized mapping for traktor pro 1.2.2 for mac but when I import it there doesn't seem to be any information in the assignment table. I don't know if it is because I need a newer version of traktor but I can't seem to update it via the native instruments website. After I download the mapping the shortcut thumbnail has a picture of the black screen with exec. on it.

Any help?!
Ewa Bucior
I'm getting an MPD26 and can't wait to combine/map this out. Thanks for the TSI support flashflooder!
Vi Dermer
Hey the downloads on this page dont work?
It says the item is Invalid when i try to open it ??
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Jergo
hey i use the ab focus mapping and i recently started messing with 4 decks and the 4 deck tsi is quite troublesome to use bc if one wants to get back to deck A one has to cycle through all the decks so i was wondering if possible to be able to perhaps maybe use shift+cue for decks C&D to emulate shift+ sync for Decks A&B
I believe the way you're describing is a little weird but you could easily use Shift+Cue to have the Focus cycle backwards so you could scroll forward or back and not have to cycle thru all of them if you want to go from B back to A for example. You would however have to remove the Shift+Cue=Drop Cue functionality.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Remote
As a side note... what's Modifier 1 doing? I see you setting it to 0 alot but never setting it to anything else (this is on the focus mapping... hhmmm was it used for the deckalised mapping?)
Mod1 is supposed to be a secondary tracker of the "Sampler" function being on; however, if I remember correct, it is only used on the non-focus Deckalized mapping (the one with four mappings, one for each deck). In that mapping, you should see M1 go to 5 when you activate the sampler.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by paulalexsaltis
I would like more beatmasher parameters, so I can chop the loop up finer and maybe jump backward and forwards. to be honest I dont use the additional mode activated by pressing shift and rec in beat juggle mode. Would ditching this provide enough space for 1MF on deck AB and the other on CD?
You could replace Juggle mode with more Beatmasher effects but it would be weird to replace the Sample Slicer with Beatmasher effects because you can only access that after using the "Sample" (i.e., Rec) button.

As for 1 MF on AB and one on CD, this is more difficult and I'm pretty sure you would have to redesign a fair amount of the mapping. The reason is because the Focus_AB version uses Traktor's Deck Focus (the orange highlight on the Deck letter) function; but, since only one deck can be focused at a single time you can't use Traktor's Deck Focus function to swap between Decks A/B on one MF and C/D on the other.

A number of people have asked about a similar mapping so maybe if I have some free time I will try to put it together eventually.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by musick
I'm loving the Deckalized Focus AB mappings for the Midi Fighter, but I'm not too fond of how the beatslicer works during sample mode in the Deckalized mappings vs the single Midi Figther 1.1 tsi. It seems that how the beatslicer works on the single midi fighter tsi, is more subtle compared to the deckalized focus mapping.. is there any way I could change the beatslicer parameters on the deckalized mapping so they are similar to the single midi fighter tsi?
I apologize for the delay. It's been super busy and I know you guys have been expecting this but at least it is finally here. I've attached the Deckalized Focus_AB version with the Slicer settings from the original MF 1_1 tsi. They are definitely more subtle when it comes to the Sample Slice 5-8 buttons but I'll let you guys decide for yourself which one you like better.

If there are other versions of the Deckalized mapping that you would like to see these changes on as well, let me know and I will do it (quickly this time hopefully) to make up for my tardiness.
Carin Mcalevy
hey i use the ab focus mapping and i recently started messing with 4 decks and the 4 deck tsi is quite troublesome to use bc if one wants to get back to deck A one has to cycle through all the decks so i was wondering if possible to be able to perhaps maybe use shift+cue for decks C&D to emulate shift+ sync for Decks A&B
Sharyn Prado
Originally Posted by flashflooder
So I finally took a little time to start believeing about how to do this and there is enough modifier space but not enough conditions (why can't I have more than two per entry!) left to do this in the mapping. I'll brainstorm if there's a way around this, but as of now I don't believe there is.

So, long story short, it can't be done while maintaining the complete Deckalized mapping. However, it may be possible if I remove some (or maybe a lot of) subfunctions or shift functions. I can look into this if people want.
I would like more beatmasher parameters, so I can chop the loop up finer and maybe jump backward and forwards. to be honest I dont use the additional mode activated by pressing shift and rec in beat juggle mode. Would ditching this provide enough space for 1MF on deck AB and the other on CD?
Elida Ekenstam
I'm going to take a closer look at this in the next few days but let us know if Systemattik is correct and it's loading the wrong effect. Some people have reported this issue and it can generally be fixed by reloading the tsi. For some reason, Traktor often doesn't load the effect settings properly on the first import and it requires a second import.

Otherwise, the issue may be the beatgrid of the track you are trying to sample. The sampler function is highly dependent on this and if the grid is off it will sound strange.

A last thing I would check is the tempo of the master clock (you can see it by clicking on the metronome by FX banks 1/3) while you use the sampler function. The auto clock can float around a bit sometimes and if you try to use the sampler while it's doing this it can sound like the sample is pitch warping.

Since most people don't have issues using the "sampler" function on the deckalized mapping, I have a strong feeling that the mapping is fine but something is going wrong with the Traktor settings or beat grids for those who encounter this issue. Hopefully we can figure this out to avoid this for others in the future.

any news on this? i have tried all the tipsa bove and no luck
maybe someone could post a song that we know the beatgrid is perfect on nad i could try that??
Jodi Lacerra
Hi FlashFlooder,

I'm loving the Deckalized Focus AB mappings for the Midi Fighter, but I'm not too fond of how the beatslicer works during sample mode in the Deckalized mappings vs the single Midi Figther 1.1 tsi. It seems that how the beatslicer works on the single midi fighter tsi, is more subtle compared to the deckalized focus mapping.. is there any way I could change the beatslicer parameters on the deckalized mapping so they are similar to the single midi fighter tsi?
Hey guys, I will take a look into this and see what the differences are but honestly, it is probably not going to happen until sometime next week. It has been crazy busy trying to deal with S4's, custom midi fighters, and all of the other projects I have going on. If you guys have any other requests, post them here so when I dive back into the new/old mappings I can take a look at everything.
Eulah Tamkin
Thank god I wasn't the only one that felt like that, please if anyone knows how.. let me know!
Danae Dumler
Hi FlashFlooder,

+1 I definitely preferred the old beatslicer as well...
Eulah Tamkin
Hi FlashFlooder,

Yee Bedilion
Hey,

I will be getting two midi fighters soon.

I was just analyzing the mapping

has a "duplicate deck" function considered? I will be looking to figure something out when i get them myself! Just tossing it out in the open
Shirlee Depiazza
So I finally took a little time to start believeing about how to do this and there is enough modifier space but not enough conditions (why can't I have more than two per entry!) left to do this in the mapping. I'll brainstorm if there's a way around this, but as of now I don't believe there is.

So, long story short, it can't be done while maintaining the complete Deckalized mapping. However, it may be possible if I remove some (or maybe a lot of) subfunctions or shift functions. I can look into this if people want.
Hmmm interesting. Can you post up/pm your notes? I'm currently trying to mod up this mapping to be more of a Auxiliary controller (believe running TSP with vinyl/cds and using the MF for effects, cues etc) and having notes on how it's been designed would be ace.

As a side note... what's Modifier 1 doing? I see you setting it to 0 alot but never setting it to anything else (this is on the focus mapping... hhmmm was it used for the deckalised mapping?)
Debbra Sciutto
Are you using either of the Focus versions? Those do not have loading ability. The Deckalized version has a "load next song in the current playlist" function as the Shift+Sync function. I have verified that this works.
no i am using the The Deckalized version i have attempted to load the tsi and everything goes smoooth and all other functions work with proper led feedback but for some reason the Shift+Sync function will not load a song the midi light on traktor turns on so i kno its sending midi and im running the current clean version ot TPRO (1.2.6) i could only believe of one more thing could anyone do me the favor of messaging me the tsi? it be greatly appreciated!
Jodi Lacerra
I am pretty sure this is possible. If it would be really helpful to you I can look into making a version like this in the near future. I just need to take a quick look at my deckalized mapping notes.

If you need a mapping like this soon or I forget, please remind me though. A lot of people ask me for mapping help and sometimes it's hard to keep up.

Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by dstep
ive have tried loading the file several times and still every thing works but the loading track part i am using two midi fighters and an external mixer id really love to figure this out to keep me of my mouse lol
Are you using either of the Focus versions? Those do not have loading ability. The Deckalized version has a "load next song in the current playlist" function as the Shift+Sync function. I have verified that this works.
Debbra Sciutto
ive have tried loading the file several times and still every thing works but the loading track part i am using two midi fighters and an external mixer id really love to figure this out to keep me of my mouse lol

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy