Midi Fighter Deckalized Mapping

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi Fighter Deckalized MappingReply
Midi Fighter Deckalized Mapping
Posted on: 26.05.2010 by Jodi Lacerra
There is a new official DJ Techtools Deck specific mapping for the Midi Fighter and Traktor Pro called, "MF_Deckalized.tsi". See the attached button layout for features and functionality.

Fun Fact: Ean has been using this mapping recently to DJ using solely two Midi Fighters (one for Deck A and one for Deck B) and an external mixer.

Upon importing the tsi, the controller manager will show four labeled device mappings (one for each Deck, A/B/C/D). You will need to set the In and Out Ports to your Midifighter(s) for the applicable Decks you want to control.

A cool new function (that may not be obvious to users at first) is the Sample Slicer. After using the Record/Sampler button to craft a sample on the fly, you can go into the Sample Slicer mode by holding Shift and pressing the Record/Sampler button again. To indicate you've moved into the Slicer mode, all of the bottom 8 button's LEDs will light up as a visual cue. You can then Slice up the sample to make some really interesting sounds by pressing any of those bottom 8 buttons. Try it out for yourself!

There is also a Juggle Mode which can be activated by pressing Shift and the Record/Sampler button while the Sampler is not active (the visual cue for this is every other of the bottom 8 LEDs lighting up). This makes the bottom 8 buttons Select or Store Hotcues 1-8 (you can delete the Cue points by using Shift and the appropriate Hotcue button).

Also, for those of you that are unaware, I created FOCUS versions of the MF Deckalized mapping that allow you to use 1 Midi Fighter to control either 2 decks (A/B) or all 4 decks (A/B/C/D). With the focus mappings you get all the same functions and you are able to control the Deck that is currently selected as the "Focus" (i.e., highlighted orange).

The only difference is that the (Shift+Sync) subfunction which was "Load Next Song" in the original Deckalized mapping is now "Deck Focus Select" which will toggle the Deck Focus through decks A/B or all four respectively (see Focus layout jpeg).

As we work to create and improve future Midi Fighter mappings, we will be taking your input into consideration so please share your thoughts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Np3L2myavg

For those familiar with the original Midi Fighter mapping (see http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=10137), the new mapping shares a similar architecture to the original but now offers more hands on features.

Purchase a Midi Fighter here
Russ Strutt
Originally Posted by Castillo248
I got everything running smooth with two classics using this mapping to run two decks. But for some reason the Fx on deck B wont work on my second midi fighter. Any Ideas or suggestions on how to fix this?
Same problem, with 2 iPads, changed all the buttons to xx3 instead of xx2, traitor receives the signals but just has no effect..
Valery Ellick
Was this version used on the IG + deckalized focus_AB mapping? (MF1.1 slicer settings)

Originally Posted by flashflooder
I apologize for the delay. It's been super busy and I know you guys have been expecting this but at least it is finally here. I've attached the Deckalized Focus_AB version with the Slicer settings from the original MF 1_1 tsi. They are definitely more subtle when it comes to the Sample Slice 5-8 buttons but I'll let you guys decide for yourself which one you like better.

If there are other versions of the Deckalized mapping that you would like to see these changes on as well, let me know and I will do it (quickly this time hopefully) to make up for my tardiness.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by TommyQuiet
can anyone help me with this problem?

"
There is also a Juggle Mode which can be activated by pressing Shift and the Record/Sampler button while the Sampler is not active (the visual cue for this is every other of the bottom 8 LEDs lighting up). This makes the bottom 8 buttons Select or Store Hotcues 1-8 (you can delete the Cue points by using Shift and the appropriate Hotcue button). "

my leds on the bottom 8 when in juggle mode dont match up its showing

hot cue's 2,4.6,8 are lit up and i only have 1,2,3 set as hot cues?????
The LEDs light up (in their offset pattern) to signify that you are in Juggle Mode. The LEDs do not represent which Cue Points you have active. Otherwise you could enter Juggle Mode on a track with no Cue Points saved and have no idea.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by bclax13
do i have to get out of 4 banks mode for this mapping to work?
Yes
Russ Strutt
Originally Posted by Castillo248
I got everything running smooth with two classics using this mapping to run two decks. But for some reason the Fx on deck B wont work on my second midi fighter. Any Ideas or suggestions on how to fix this?
Same problem, with 2 iPads, changed all the buttons to xx3 instead of xx2, traitor receives the signals but just has no effect..
Jo Alvarran
Valery Ellick
Was this version used on the IG + deckalized focus_AB mapping? (MF1.1 slicer settings)

Originally Posted by flashflooder
I apologize for the delay. It's been super busy and I know you guys have been expecting this but at least it is finally here. I've attached the Deckalized Focus_AB version with the Slicer settings from the original MF 1_1 tsi. They are definitely more subtle when it comes to the Sample Slice 5-8 buttons but I'll let you guys decide for yourself which one you like better.

If there are other versions of the Deckalized mapping that you would like to see these changes on as well, let me know and I will do it (quickly this time hopefully) to make up for my tardiness.
Theodora Lacon
it keeps showing up as an xml file
Theodora Lacon
i can't seem to download the deckalized mapping from the midi map site
Suzette Brumsey
I'm unsure of how to fix this problem I've been having, so I'll try and reach out here. With the deckalized 4deck focus mapping, my roll buttons are activating delay instead. I've tried reimporting to no avail, is there any reason why these buttons are changing the effect to delay and not the looproll?
Davina Oflaherty
how do u get the tsi file open ?
Maryalice Zwahlen
Would it be possible to remove the entire "second layer" of the mapping that you access through the SHIFT button? And then mess a little with the "first layer" functions?
Teresita Watashe
Does this mapping work well w/ the s4?
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by TommyQuiet

"
There is also a Juggle Mode which can be activated by pressing Shift and the Record/Sampler button while the Sampler is not active (the visual cue for this is every other of the bottom 8 LEDs lighting up). This makes the bottom 8 buttons Select or Store Hotcues 1-8 (you can delete the Cue points by using Shift and the appropriate Hotcue button). "

The LEDs light up (in their offset pattern) to signify that you are in Juggle Mode. The LEDs do not represent which Cue Points you have active. Otherwise you could enter Juggle Mode on a track with no Cue Points saved and have no idea.
Kandy Ahdoot

"

Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by bclax13
Yes
Mimi Hohbein
Ami Galambos
Just got the .tsi files using my desktop and winrar, by unzipping them twice.
Ami Galambos
I just received my Midi Fighter today. Really excited about it, i got the instant gratification mapping to work. However, i'm having a hard time getting this particular Deckalized mapping to work.

For some reason when i try to unzip any one of the 3 files on the first page of this thread, i can extract the files but they don't have the .tsi extention to them.

Is anyone experiencing that also? Could someone send me those .tsi files please?

Just one more question. Do i need to turn the 4 banks mode off to get this mapping to work right?

Thanks in advance
Lorelei Przybylowicz
Hey guys,

I know that there is already chat about getting the Deckalised and Instant Gratification mappings put together but can I ask a mini-favour if anyone is already well versed in the mappings and modifiers to add the combo deck stop from the instant grat mapping to the deckalised? I understand that this is a big ask but if it would take someone else too long I'l go away and do some more research and have a crack myself but just thought I'd throw it out there as a bit of a tweak to the current mapping.
Eleonora Musico
Originally Posted by DREN
hello all, im a new comer to djtt. and fresh into the world of digital dj'ing if any one can help i would greatly apprecciate it. first question, i have an s4 with a new midi fighter i just received with the instant gratiffacation mapping, and whats the easiest way to go from the regular setting on my s4 (pre midi fighter) to the midifighter mapping? as i would like to use the regular setting on my s4 as well. is there an easy way to enable/disable the midi fighter in the s4 software while playing? . My next issue i'm having is in trying to figure this out myself in the controller manager i seemed to have fudged with something and now my midi fighter is'n working properly. the super combos arent working correctly and it seems that not all the banks on 4 banks mode are lit up. so do i have to reset it? if anyone can help or knows what i am talking that would be great seeing as i have a gig this saturday and want to work it out by then lol thank you for your time!
Having the Midifighter mapped and plugged in does not affect the S4 at all, so there is no need to disable it. It's there and ready for whenever you feel like throwing something down.

I would delete the Midifighter from your settings, then reimport the vst using the Import button at the bottom of the screen.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by DREN
hello all, im a new comer to djtt. and fresh into the world of digital dj'ing if any one can help i would greatly apprecciate it. first question, i have an s4 with a new midi fighter i just received with the instant gratiffacation mapping, and whats the easiest way to go from the regular setting on my s4 (pre midi fighter) to the midifighter mapping? as i would like to use the regular setting on my s4 as well. is there an easy way to enable/disable the midi fighter in the s4 software while playing? . My next issue i'm having is in trying to figure this out myself in the controller manager i seemed to have fudged with something and now my midi fighter is'n working properly. the super combos arent working correctly and it seems that not all the banks on 4 banks mode are lit up. so do i have to reset it? if anyone can help or knows what i am talking that would be great seeing as i have a gig this saturday and want to work it out by then lol thank you for your time!
Update the firmware, and if you want to disable the MF, unplug it
Milda Finlaw
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by mr.drumer.boy
hey guys if i get a second midifighter could i use the first one for the deckalized ab and the second for the instant grat mapping
would there be enough effect slots.
could i maby make each betton load the effect aswell.
The short answer is yes it will work. However, you will notice that if you ever push a button that triggers an effect change, it will require two presses to activate the new effect. This is because Traktor takes the first press to change the selected effect and set up any parameters of the effect and the second press activates the effect. This will only be an issue for shared FX units between mappings; for example, the "sampler" in Deckalized (Slicer effect in FX3) and the Trans Stretch (FX3 Eff1) Beatmash combo in Instant Grat. If you pay attention to the screen tho, it's not too hard to follow.
Leeanna Ayla
The buttons do load the effects.
Marva Cupid
hey guys if i get a second midifighter could i use the first one for the deckalized ab and the second for the instant grat mapping
would there be enough effect slots.
could i maby make each betton load the effect aswell.
Jo V
I found the problem my self
The zip file contains a gzip file, so had to unzip it twice to get the tsi file.
Jo V
Hi, I can't unzipp these mapping tsi-files. It's something wrong with them.
It's telling me that it isn't a valid archive.
Can someone please help me? What's wrong?
Russ Strutt
Imported it 5 times I look over and in the effects bank it has delay!!!! victory!
Thanks! what a silly way to get stumped.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by marky_tool
anybody else having problems witht the echo freeze not working and the first delay defautling to a phaser... even if i change it.. i press the button and it switches back.. i have tried all of the mapping i could find.. all the same. no slice mode either... ive dug around and looks like its only me
This is a common issue and it is not fixed by editing the tsi. You need to import the effect settings (sometimes twice, the first import doesn't always work) using the large Import button on the bottom left of the Preferences window and not by the "Add.."->"Import" button under the Device listbox in the Controller manager.

The reason this occurs is that the default FX list ordering is different in our mappings and how Traktor comes default. And technically the tsi is looking for the number of the effect among the effect list, so when the effect settings don't import properly, the tsi points at the wrong effect because the list order is different.

I should clarify though that if there is some reason you like/need your effects ordering how it is and you don't want to import our effects settings, you can edit the tsi to make it work but you will need to change every instance of an "Effect Select" to match the correct effect. Most are commented so it would be an easy yet long and tedious process if you really wanted to go that route.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Inst4nt
Scratch pro. 1.2.2
You need Traktor Pro version 1.2.4 at a minimum
Tatum Ansaldo
just so you know, the standard fix for almost any irregularity in tsi performance is to reimport it a couple of times and restart traktor a couple of times.
Russ Strutt
dident read your reply quick enough.. ill do as mentioned thanks for your time
Russ Strutt
i REMOVED phaser form the list and anything i put is going blank...

just telling you everything
Tatum Ansaldo
i didnt... was going to phaser/.. so i did... still going to phaser.. if if i change it.. i hit the button phaser is toggled back and activated.. i removed my vci 100 from the equation.. still phaser.. deleted started again.. ...phaser.. play works the beatmmashers work... hotcues in and delete.. pitch... tempo.. all work..

sampler button puts a loop on the screen (green tags ).. but i cant activate it.. just keeps playing..

all my effects are on.. and even if i change the effects modules to chaned or advanced it actually flicks it back to chained.. with delay filter pulsed and phaser in effects bank 2.

its got me beat. what dfo you believe?
that is odd, I'd PM fatlimey. Have you tried deleting the tsi, reimporting with the big import button at the bottom and then restarting traktor?

If that doesn't work, have you tried checking out the effects settings in the controller mapping? look at everything mapped to the delay button and see what it's doing.
Russ Strutt
i didnt... was going to phaser/.. so i did... still going to phaser.. if if i change it.. i hit the button phaser is toggled back and activated.. i removed my vci 100 from the equation.. still phaser.. deleted started again.. ...phaser.. play works the beatmmashers work... hotcues in and delete.. pitch... tempo.. all work..

sampler button puts a loop on the screen (green tags ).. but i cant activate it.. just keeps playing..

all my effects are on.. and even if i change the effects modules to chaned or advanced it actually flicks it back to chained.. with delay filter pulsed and phaser in effects bank 2.

its got me beat. what dfo you believe?
Tatum Ansaldo
anybody else having problems witht the echo freeze not working and the first delay defautling to a phaser... even if i change it.. i press the button and it switches back.. i have tried all of the mapping i could find.. all the same. no slice mode either... ive dug around and looks like its only me
Did you import the FX settings from the tsi? Do you have Delay enabled in the FX select preferences?
Russ Strutt
Russ Strutt
mine works nothing like eans in the video .........
are there a few deckalized mappings out there? i just wqant the one in the video with a and b deck selct.... thought i found it.. but none of the ones i found act the same...

any hints would be awesome..

im not actually using a midi fighter but im making my own.. and im putting out the correct notes (same as MF...)..

but like i said.. phaser not dely.. so must be the wrong mapping...

is it just me?
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Inst4nt
Scratch pro. 1.2.2
download 1.2.7 from service centre.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy