VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2Reply
VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2
Posted on: 09.08.2011 by Jodi Lacerra
After long anticipation, the initial version of the VCI-100SE v4.0 mapping for Traktor Pro 2 is here. Please note that this mapping has been designed to utilize Traktor Pro 2 functions and the mapping will not work with earlier Traktor versions.

The core of the mapping shares a lot of similarities to the v3.6.4 VCI-100 mapping; however, there are a number of key changes as follows (I am going to reference things based on the current overlay text):

• The section in the Top Right section of the controller (formerly "Sampler" section) is now the Loop Recorder. The "Sampler" button will Rec the Loop Recorder and then play it afterwards. Pressing the Sampler button again after having recorded will overdub (re-record) the Loop Recorder. Shift+Sampler button will delete the Recorded Loop. The source of the Loop Recorded is not controlled by the mapping and should be set by you (e.g., main, cue, ext, aux).
  • The "Vol" knob controls the Loop Rec Dry/Wet
  • The "Glitch" knob control the Loop Rec Length
  • The "Len" knob controls overall Master Volume
  • The "Loops" section of the "Control FX" section in the upper right side of the VCI is now the "Sample Deck" section which controls Deck D as a Sample Deck.
  • While in the "Sample Deck" section the knobs will control the volume of each four sample slots of Deck D.
  • If you press the labeled "A" & "B" buttons in the "Sample" section and there is not currently a sample loaded into that slot, it will copy the current loop from Deck A (or a loop based on the current loop length setting) into the corresponding Sample Slot in Deck D and as you let go of the button (wait to see the button LED light up first, it only takes a split second) it should seamlessly pause Deck A and unpause the Sample slot. The same goes for buttons "C" and "D" for Deck B.
  • If a sample slot is occupied, the button LED should be lit to indicate this and the button will then mute/unmute the corresponding sample slot.
  • A sample within a Sample slot can be delete by pressing Shift+Sample slot button
  • If you have a Loop saved in the Loop Recorder, you can move it to a Sample Slot by pressing "Route FX" and then a Sample slot button (while in "Sample Deck" mode). It will move the Loop Recorder into a Sample slot but it will not stop the Loop Recorder from playing or unmute the just loaded Sample slot.
  • If Decks C or D are used as Sample Decks, all of the tempo, pitch bend, scratch, play, cue, eq, filter, loop/2,x2 (alters length of sample), loop 8 (sets sample to original length) and volume controls affect all four sample slots for the corresponding Sample Deck.
  • If Decks C or D are used as Sample Decks, you can utilize "Juggle 1-4" mode to trigger individual Samples within that Sample Deck.
  • All EQ knobs and Gain knobs can now be used in "Soft takeover" mode if you hold Shift while turning the knob
  • Fader FX now only uses FX bank 1 for all Decks. The controls are the same except that FX bank 1 is activated on the currently active two decks (left and right) by pressing the corresponding Jog Wheel or moving the Volume Fader downwards. FX1 can be turned off either deck by moving the corresponding Volume Fader back to the top position.
  • Triggering the FX Presets has changed. You now need to only press the corresponding FX Preset push button to load that FX Preset into FX bank 1. You will still need to push it twice to properly load the presets (once to change effects, twice to change effect parameter rates)

There are some other small changes within the mapping, but those listed above are all of the major changes. This is an initial release of DJTT's new Traktor Pro 2 mapping for the VCI-100SE, updates to follow if necessary.

Please use this thread if you believe you found a bug or have questions about the mapping's functionality.

I hope to post a visual layout soon, but for now the text above will have to do. Thanks to everyone for your patience in getting this mapping out and I appreciate everyone's support along the way.

EDIT: In v4.1, a few minor bugs and LED issues were fixed. Also, Shift+the Jog wheel no longer sets Cue Points on the fly. Now, Shift+Jog turn will seek through a track (with scratch on or off).
Jeffie Morla
Originally Posted by Glen
Will their be a new overlay? i Hope so....
Would love to know, too!
Edith Annesley
The echo button was mapped as gater instead of delay for me, maybe you have the same problem
Charity Cobleigh
First off, great mapping. I'm having heaps of fun, and everything (more or less) works perfectly.

I have run into a couple of issues though. The echo freeze button no longer functions. I assume this is to do with the remapping of the FX decks. Does anyone have any advice? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Angus
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by calvin01
im experiencing the same.sure its something im doing wrong though.also im trying to record crossfader movements and pitchy stuff aswell but am just getting the original what was playing.i changed the input to cue???.
Moving a loop into the Sampler Deck D by using the "Control FX" Sampler section will only record the output of the deck playing and will not copy any manipulation of the deck, effects, crossfader movements, etc.

If you want to record a loop of a deck while manipulating it (e.g. crossfader and pitchy stuff) you will want to use the Loop Recorder and set the Loop Rec input (Main, Cue, etc) appropriately before doing so.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Solesurvivor
Really great effort, im excited but have one question from your document that i cant get it to work correctly

Mohamed Raverty
Solution found for the auto-play in the sample decks!

Deck D has to be activated first by pressing "Deck D" then i had to double-tap play so all the sample-dack playbuttons light up.... then the autoplay works pretty perfect!

After i deselect the sample, i have to double-tap again to light all 4 play-buttons again

Hope to helped more people with this
Jolyn Brunello
Originally Posted by Solesurvivor
Really great effort, im excited but have one question from your document that i cant get it to work correctly

Jolyn Brunello
Originally Posted by atrain01us
Hi,

I'm trying out the new mapping for my VCI-100SE with v1.4 firmware and v2.01 of Traktor Pro as I am believeing about switching back from Serato. As I am just getting into the whole mapping thing, I am trying out things a littlie at a time.

So far so good but the only thing I am having a problem with is the way the pitch controls are working. When I boot up Traktor and the VCI-100Se, the pitch controls are centered and the pitch percentage is 0%. When I play a track and move either pitch control up(+), the pitch percentage goes up well over 8%. If the pitch control is moved down(-), the pitch percentage goes down to .5%.

What I want to do is change this so that when the pitch control is centered, the pitch percentage always goes to 0%. When the pitch control is moved in either direction, the pitch control can go no higher than 8%(for example). In other words, I want to set up the pitch controls the same way that they are set up on the Technics 1200s(as an example).

Can anybody explain how this can be done? When I have solved this problem, I'll continue to explore the new software and mappings in order to decide if and when I will switch back.

Thanks in advance,

Atrain01us
when you boot up traktor you need to hold shift and move then pitch sliders and the centralize them.once you've done it they should work properly.you need to do this every time you start the program.
Nga Reusch
Great job man. Had alot of fun messing around with it my first hour. Def makes tp2 alot more fun to use with the vci 100. Got my fingers crossed for a overlay. even if its just vinyl or something.
Mohamed Raverty

Marisa Nakamura
Originally Posted by gingerman
The mapping is much appreciated flashflooder! DJTT is still suporting us VCI heads which is great news

I have no problem mapping myself, but the only thing stopping me from messing with the DJTT mappings was the stupid little mapping screen in traktor :eek: when are they gonna sort that out
I got really excited when i found a new app for traktor mapping duties (see my original thread here http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=34552) but its only for mac (i hate apple, but im not getting into that argument) and it sounds like its not quite there yet anyway, but why should people have to write their own software to map a program they have already paid good money for? NI software is so good in so many ways, yet the little things like the mapping window totally let the whole thing down (rant over, sorry.... )
+1 on the mapping window, not the other software, cuz i have a mac
Hang Postman
Will their be a new overlay? i Hope so....
Meg Reinoehl
Originally Posted by atrain01us
So far so good but the only thing I am having a problem with is the way the pitch controls are working. When I boot up Traktor and the VCI-100Se, the pitch controls are centered and the pitch percentage is 0%. When I play a track and move either pitch control up(+), the pitch percentage goes up well over 8%. If the pitch control is moved down(-), the pitch percentage goes down to .5%.

What I want to do is change this so that when the pitch control is centered, the pitch percentage always goes to 0%. When the pitch control is moved in either direction, the pitch control can go no higher than 8%(for example). In other words, I want to set up the pitch controls the same way that they are set up on the Technics 1200s(as an example).

Can anybody explain how this can be done? When I have solved this problem, I'll continue to explore the new software and mappings in order to decide if and when I will switch back.
I believe someone already mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I'll answer it anyway. I'm not sure what the technical reason is for this.

The way the pitch controls are mapped, they go from 0% to +16% as opposed to -8% to +8%. I've never figured out how to change this. So, you can either raise your pitch faders all the way up before starting Traktor so that the faders pitch correctly or before you actually start doing anything in Traktor, hold Shift and move the pitch faders to the center position to realign them. Then they should work as expected.
Takisha Hodulik
For some reason my Mix Knob for my headphones (the small one next to the headphone level knob) is controlling the tempo fader for deck A (i had this issue with the previous mapping recently).

To be more specific, when i turn the knob all the way to its right side, it move the fader up (slowing down the track) and the same vice versa. It even sets it back to middle when i shift+center it.

Let me know how i can fix this.

Thanks!
Arturo Jimenez
Hi,

I'm trying out the new mapping for my VCI-100SE with v1.4 firmware and v2.01 of Traktor Pro as I am believeing about switching back from Serato. As I am just getting into the whole mapping thing, I am trying out things a littlie at a time.

Thanks in advance,

Atrain01us
Scarlett Saupp
I believe their was a poll posted a while ago which showed the majority of people (who voted on the poll) don't use the loop length features, which is perhaps why they chose to replace them with sample deck functionality. It's been very well implemented too flashflooder. Nice work.
Rosaline Garel
I agree, loosing the knobs for controlling loop length it's not so good...I'm starting to test the mapping now.
Lacy Lasha
Thank you very much flashflooder for your work

Just as other people have said, it's not perfect with VCI-100 SE (without arcade button version), the LED don't light now (before with last version it's ok, just a little fix with LED play button don't stay ON when we press this button)

And another thing : I like the Loop choice with FX Knobs of before version.
Now it's for sample deck. Ok good idea too. But it's sad to lost the loop direct set. I know, the VCI 100 is too little for many function.
But is it possible to the futur, a button who give the choice with FX Knobs between Loop or sample Deck ? there will be a great idea for the little nice VCI 100 I believe, no ?

Thank
Randal Biza
Awesome!!! Thanks for continuing to support this awesome DJ tool.
Meg Reinoehl
Originally Posted by Gianmarco
Before I download, this does work on firmmware 1.3 right?
It should work fine. I'm still on 1.3 and it's working fine for me except for the couple of "issues" I posted about earlier with some of the FX settings in Fader FX mode.

All of the new features work as expected and I went through as many of the old functionality as I could and all worked as well.
Odilia Gatica
The mapping is much appreciated flashflooder! DJTT is still suporting us VCI heads which is great news

I have no problem mapping myself, but the only thing stopping me from messing with the DJTT mappings was the stupid little mapping screen in traktor :eek: when are they gonna sort that out
I got really excited when i found a new app for traktor mapping duties (see my original thread here http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=34552) but its only for mac (i hate apple, but im not getting into that argument) and it sounds like its not quite there yet anyway, but why should people have to write their own software to map a program they have already paid good money for? NI software is so good in so many ways, yet the little things like the mapping window totally let the whole thing down (rant over, sorry.... )
Elida Ekenstam
Thanks djtt!
Suellen Ianelli
Originally Posted by flashflooder
In my testing the Sync buttons and the Headphone Cue buttons work fine. If you are having issues with those, I would guess that you may not have v1.4 FW loaded onto your VCI-100.
i do have v1.4, but i will have to make shure that it's not an issue of several burnt-out blue leds (which would suck, but shit happens).
Ardell Semrad
Really appreciated flashflooder - I've been looking forward to this mapping - dose it work on firmware 1.3 ?

all the best
Ian
Leia Dacuycuy
whoha!! thanks so much for this nu template! i'm so looking forward to try this one...

big ups DJTT!
Matilda Lallo
Yes i look back on the old 3.6.4 mapping and realize that there was no specific platform.

Thank for all the help !!!!
Rosaline Garel
Hi, my understanding is with Traktor 2 the TSI are no more platform dependent, also mapping 3.6.4 didn't have mc or pc vesrion.
Matilda Lallo
is this mapping for windows or mac user?
Venus Cabebe
thanks
flashflooder
i will try asap!
Takisha Hodulik
Before I download, this does work on firmmware 1.3 right?
Meg Reinoehl
Originally Posted by flashflooder
This is a very good find No Left Turn. I thought I noticed those effects sounding different when I was testing out Fader FX mode but I didn't believe much of it because I don't often use them like that.

I'll definitely try to look into this and let me know if you figure out anything in the meantime.
Do you believe this could be a problem if my VCI is still on FW1.3? With the v3.6 mappings, you had separate mappings for both 1.3 and 1.4, but it doesn't seem to be the case with the v4.0 mapping.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by No Left Turn
The only issues I've run into so far are that the Reverse Grain in FX Preset 1 and Turntable FX in FX Preset 3 don't work the same way that they do as in the v3.x mappings. Visually, they appear to be doing the same thing, but they don't sound the same.

To be more specific, the Reverse Grain is being masked by the delay, which didn't happen before. Before, it sounded like it stood out on its own. The turntable stop actually doesn't kick in for a few seconds although it looks as though it should given the value that it's set to.
This is a very good find No Left Turn. I thought I noticed those effects sounding different when I was testing out Fader FX mode but I didn't believe much of it because I don't often use them like that.

I'll definitely try to look into this and let me know if you figure out anything in the meantime.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
I have no changing transport LED colours in juggle mode, is that intentional?
Probably not intentional (I don't remember though because I started on the outline of this mapping months ago), I will try to look into this soon. I have been testing the mapping on my Arcade so that is probably the most likely source of any strange LED behavior.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by sno
the sync buttons light up when sync is NOT activated, i believe it should be the other way round.
In my testing the Sync buttons and the Headphone Cue buttons work fine. If you are having issues with those, I would guess that you may not have v1.4 FW loaded onto your VCI-100.

The one area of LED behavior that could be weird is the bottom four buttons for each deck. I didn't spend any time checking those yet because I have an arcade (thus no LEDs there) and we don't currently have a regular VCI-100SE in the office. I am going to have one built up soon though to test those LEDs in case of any issues.
Catrina Altenberg
Great job flashflooder been waiting on this for a while now.
Suellen Ianelli
they work.
Meg Reinoehl
What about the blue LED's when you engage the "sampler" button? As well as the Deck C and Deck D buttons?
Suellen Ianelli
Well that's not right. Does Sync actually turn on/off when you press the button?
yes. maybe i have more dead blue leds... ;(
Meg Reinoehl
Well that's not right. Does Sync actually turn on/off when you press the button?
Suellen Ianelli
The sync buttons have always lit up green when not activated and turn blue when activated. Is this not how it works for you?
no. they don't turn blue.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy