VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2Reply
VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2
Posted on: 09.08.2011 by Jodi Lacerra
After long anticipation, the initial version of the VCI-100SE v4.0 mapping for Traktor Pro 2 is here. Please note that this mapping has been designed to utilize Traktor Pro 2 functions and the mapping will not work with earlier Traktor versions.

The core of the mapping shares a lot of similarities to the v3.6.4 VCI-100 mapping; however, there are a number of key changes as follows (I am going to reference things based on the current overlay text):

• The section in the Top Right section of the controller (formerly "Sampler" section) is now the Loop Recorder. The "Sampler" button will Rec the Loop Recorder and then play it afterwards. Pressing the Sampler button again after having recorded will overdub (re-record) the Loop Recorder. Shift+Sampler button will delete the Recorded Loop. The source of the Loop Recorded is not controlled by the mapping and should be set by you (e.g., main, cue, ext, aux).
  • The "Vol" knob controls the Loop Rec Dry/Wet
  • The "Glitch" knob control the Loop Rec Length
  • The "Len" knob controls overall Master Volume
  • The "Loops" section of the "Control FX" section in the upper right side of the VCI is now the "Sample Deck" section which controls Deck D as a Sample Deck.
  • While in the "Sample Deck" section the knobs will control the volume of each four sample slots of Deck D.
  • If you press the labeled "A" & "B" buttons in the "Sample" section and there is not currently a sample loaded into that slot, it will copy the current loop from Deck A (or a loop based on the current loop length setting) into the corresponding Sample Slot in Deck D and as you let go of the button (wait to see the button LED light up first, it only takes a split second) it should seamlessly pause Deck A and unpause the Sample slot. The same goes for buttons "C" and "D" for Deck B.
  • If a sample slot is occupied, the button LED should be lit to indicate this and the button will then mute/unmute the corresponding sample slot.
  • A sample within a Sample slot can be delete by pressing Shift+Sample slot button
  • If you have a Loop saved in the Loop Recorder, you can move it to a Sample Slot by pressing "Route FX" and then a Sample slot button (while in "Sample Deck" mode). It will move the Loop Recorder into a Sample slot but it will not stop the Loop Recorder from playing or unmute the just loaded Sample slot.
  • If Decks C or D are used as Sample Decks, all of the tempo, pitch bend, scratch, play, cue, eq, filter, loop/2,x2 (alters length of sample), loop 8 (sets sample to original length) and volume controls affect all four sample slots for the corresponding Sample Deck.
  • If Decks C or D are used as Sample Decks, you can utilize "Juggle 1-4" mode to trigger individual Samples within that Sample Deck.
  • All EQ knobs and Gain knobs can now be used in "Soft takeover" mode if you hold Shift while turning the knob
  • Fader FX now only uses FX bank 1 for all Decks. The controls are the same except that FX bank 1 is activated on the currently active two decks (left and right) by pressing the corresponding Jog Wheel or moving the Volume Fader downwards. FX1 can be turned off either deck by moving the corresponding Volume Fader back to the top position.
  • Triggering the FX Presets has changed. You now need to only press the corresponding FX Preset push button to load that FX Preset into FX bank 1. You will still need to push it twice to properly load the presets (once to change effects, twice to change effect parameter rates)

There are some other small changes within the mapping, but those listed above are all of the major changes. This is an initial release of DJTT's new Traktor Pro 2 mapping for the VCI-100SE, updates to follow if necessary.

Please use this thread if you believe you found a bug or have questions about the mapping's functionality.

I hope to post a visual layout soon, but for now the text above will have to do. Thanks to everyone for your patience in getting this mapping out and I appreciate everyone's support along the way.

EDIT: In v4.1, a few minor bugs and LED issues were fixed. Also, Shift+the Jog wheel no longer sets Cue Points on the fly. Now, Shift+Jog turn will seek through a track (with scratch on or off).
Mayra Depasse
Originally Posted by kevinmcq

anyone have any ideas on how to get the old fader fx system back while keeping the other changes in the 4.0 mapping?
i'm currently working on this. i might be able to upload a first version toevening

also, on the sample deck, i like the idea but i believe it needs more work,

perhaps theres a way to keep the loop controls AND make it function as the sample deck when needed..
when i'm done with the changes mentioned above, I wanna look into this as well.
I'll keep you posted
Faustina Bierschenk
Fader FX now only uses FX bank 1 for all Decks. The controls are the same except that FX bank 1 is activated on the currently active two decks (left and right) by pressing the corresponding Jog Wheel or moving the Volume Fader downwards. FX1 can be turned off either deck by moving the corresponding Volume Fader back to the top position.
Triggering the FX Presets has changed. You now need to only press the corresponding FX Preset push button to load that FX Preset into FX bank 1. You will still need to push it twice to properly load the presets (once to change effects, twice to change effect parameter rates)
could you explain why this change was made and/or how this is supposed to work when we use it? im really confused it seems as if the mapping has taken a step back here...

I'd also like to ask why the fact that two (the platter and the volume fader) controls each effect the dry/wet of the effects while in fader fx mode.. wouldn't it make more sense if the platter was controlling the parameter of the first of 3 effects, the volume fader controlling the dry/wet and the parameter of the second chained effect, and the third parameter controlled by the pitch

anyone have any ideas on how to get the old fader fx system back while keeping the other changes in the 4.0 mapping?

also, on the sample deck, i like the idea but i believe it needs more work,
Now it's for sample deck. Ok good idea too. But it's sad to lost the loop direct set. I know, the VCI 100 is too little for many function.
But is it possible to the futur, a button who give the choice with FX Knobs between Loop or sample Deck ? there will be a great idea for the little nice VCI 100 I believe, no ?
perhaps theres a way to keep the loop controls AND make it function as the sample deck when needed.. perhaps shift+fader fx while fx slot 3 is selected would activate the sample deck area (and then shift+fader fx to turn the sample deck 'off' aka switch back into loop control mode)?.... and i dont know if it would be possible but it would be nice if there was some flexibility to have any deck be a sample deck (or at the very least allow either/both decks C and D be sample decks) or have no sample decks (and have the thing act more like pre-T2 mappings)
Chuck Intravia
Record sampler seems nice, I just need to understand how to integrate the whole thing in the mix. Good job, I cannot imagine how complicated the whole autoplay mapping must be!!

However, I was really familiar with the presets and specific deck assignment with the headset button, because using the effects for both decks at the same time just doesn't sound good to me(volume gaps); I know I could use the knobs for deck 2, etc... but then I can't have fun with the samples, which is why I found fader fx so convenient. So I wanted to ask Flashflooder, how do you do with the effects assignment, and what was the rationale behind the change to all presents in fx in bank 1?
Sherrie Carcieri
love this update but ttfx wont backspin properly in faderfx
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by EtriX
I'm having a problem with the pitchfaders in the new mapping, they don't move the full range but only move the software faders slightly.
Anyone know a quick solution to this (I bet it's a easy problem but I can't find it)
Check the range in preferences
Mel Vozella
I'm having a problem with the pitchfaders in the new mapping, they don't move the full range but only move the software faders slightly.
Anyone know a quick solution to this (I bet it's a easy problem but I can't find it)
Mayra Depasse
Originally Posted by djwayne
Hello mate where can I get your mapping from ?
Are you talking about the one I posted a few days ago?

It's attached to post #83 in this thread.
Sommer Vassar
Hello mate where can I get your mapping from ?
Ginette Pil
TOP NOTCH MATE!! and thanks for this. It's now working 100% perfect!!!

Hey guys,
i fixed the LEDs of the four transport buttons of each deck. They should now work as expected, which means:
- Play/Pause lights up accordingly
- Cue lights up when pressed
- Echo/Slice buttons light up when the effects are active
- when in Juggle Mode, the buttons light up if a hotcue is stored at that position

Feel free to test it and please let me know if something doesn't work or if you want me to fix other bugs.
I was also believeing about remapping the jogwheels to allow quick seeking when not in vinyl mode.

I hope flashflooder doesn't mind that I messed around in his mapping.

oh and: This is not an official DJTT release, it's merely a small bugfix by a random VCI-100 user

edit: attached an updated overlay, dunno if it's clear enough though[/QUOTE]
Mayra Depasse
@Gianmarco
I looked into your problems, but I can't reproduce them at all. So it might be an issue with your setup?! Try re-importing the mapping etc.

@flashflooder
is it intentional that the Deck C & D Buttons change the layout of traktor? they seem to toggle between "2D Int. Mixer" and "4D Int. Mixer" which for me just opens and closes the Advanced Tabs of Deck A & B. what's the point of this?
Takisha Hodulik
just a bump in case someone missed it!

Originally Posted by Gianmarco
Any updates on my issue?

http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...9&postcount=48

Edit: Also, my platters are not controlling tempo bend as they normally do (midi messages are being sent per the red LED).
Sherrie Carcieri
I personally loved having control of my loops in the last mapping released by you guys and hate to see that feature go. Also ttfx doesnt backspin all the time and needs to be fixed.
Mayra Depasse
Originally Posted by Daw-z
Awesome work on the overlay!! DJTT please make this!!!
Thanks I made some small changes today, not sure if I like it though. Check it out if you want!
Deeanna Gripshover
Originally Posted by klaemo
Hey guys,
i fixed the LEDs of the four transport buttons of each deck. They should now work as expected, which means:
- when in Juggle Mode, the buttons light up if a hotcue is stored at that position

Feel free to test it and please let me know if something doesn't work or if you want me to fix other bugs.
I was also believeing about remapping the jogwheels to allow quick seeking when not in vinyl mode.

oh and: This is not an official DJTT release, it's merely a small bugfix by a random VCI-100 user

edit: attached an updated overlay, dunno if it's clear enough though
Awesome work on the overlay!! DJTT please make this!!!
Delfina Lorimor
Originally Posted by klaemo
did you restart Traktor a couple of times after importing the tsi file? I sometimes get some weird bugs when loading the mapping without restarting.
also, did you use the big "Import" button on the bottom of the settings window?

besides that it looks like your problems are related to the modifier buttons. i have no idea what can cause that, though.

I used the big import button on the bottom and opened and closed a couple times. I also found some more bugs for me; the deck switcher button isnt working (traktor glitches but nothing happens), the 8 bar looper will sometimes turn on and sometime not, faders move and then get "reset" to the position where they were just moved from... I believe this is me so im gunna re-install. if you see this up, then its still a problem. Thanks

-Im using traktor 2.01 and vci100 with 1.4 firmware on mac 10.5.8
Mayra Depasse
did you restart Traktor a couple of times after importing the tsi file? I sometimes get some weird bugs when loading the mapping without restarting.
also, did you use the big "Import" button on the bottom of the settings window?

besides that it looks like your problems are related to the modifier buttons. i have no idea what can cause that, though.
Delfina Lorimor
I cannot get my cue points 1-4, cue points 5-8, effects or the shift button to work. everything else seems to work fine. Ive read through the whole post with no one having this problem. help? thanks dudes
Charity Cobleigh
Creds to all the top work on these mappings guys.

I have my own small contribution.

If you want the echo freeze and slice buttons to work with TPRO2, I've modified the original mapping here with the mappings on Ean's original 3.6.4 mapping - hence, it works the same, parameters are the same etc...

When I get around to it, I'll also copy over the fader FX mode mappings the same as eans.

Props to Flashflooder, but for those that want the original settings, I'm here to help.
Mayra Depasse
Hey guys,

edit: attached an updated overlay, dunno if it's clear enough though
Delmar Hungler
Originally Posted by djmilitant
Has anybody tried to use the firmware 1.4 Disco Light option on the VCI 100 and get it to work? I spent like 20 minutes trying to get it to work.
Yeah it works mate, if you have the original you have to get all the buttons to light up green.

Also make sure you hold down slice and echo buttons on the left deck before you plug it in.

Claretha Spinosi
what are you trying to open?
just import it using the big import button in traktor once the file is downloaded (and extracted if its a zip...i cant remember if it is.)
Glen Crohn
i downloaded twice on my macpro leopared and it's asking for a default application in order to open it...any sugestions?....i never had any problems with previous tsi downloaded files....also i never up dated firmware since i purchased the vci-100se back in 09 do i need an update?...again im using a mac
Joana Ellingworth
I cant unzip the tsi file on my windows. im not sure what im doing wrong i tried to extract the files on both my comp and thru 7zip.
Takisha Hodulik
Any updates on my issue?

http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...9&postcount=48

Edit: Also, my platters are not controlling tempo bend as they normally do (midi messages are being sent per the red LED).
Enrique Common
it seems that the jog wheel doesn't properly enable and disable the fx bank mapping in fader fx mode if it is/was not in scratch mode, i haven't been able to figure it out 100% but if you follow the steps below you should be able to reproduce this
i also noticed when the jog wheel is not in scratch mode that the led turns off (it used to turn blue i believe? is this intentional?)

0. already import the vsi into traktor, move your faders to default positions
1. turn on vci
2. boot traktor
3. if the fx bank 1 is already enabled in any decks, disable it with the mouse
(for the rest of the steps use the vci)
4. load track into deck a
5. turn off scratch mode for deck a
6. turn on fader fx mode
7. press fx preset 1 button twice
8. press play
9. touch the deck a jog wheel, fx1 does not become enabled on deck a
10. move the deck a volume fader down, fx1 WILL become enabled on deck a
11. move the deck a volume fader up, fx1 will become disabled on deck a
12. press the scratch mode button for deck a
13. touch the deck a jog wheel, fx1 WILL become enabled on deck a
14. release the deck a jog wheel, fx1 will not become disabled for deck a
15. touch the deck b jog wheel, fx1 will still effect deck a

sorry if this was already mentioned or if I'm missing something obvious, i didn't see any mention in the thread so far

Thanks!
Ginette Pil
superb!! i have just read this thread today, will try it out toevening and feedback!

Thanks for your effort!! i had actually reverted back to TP1 :-)
Meg Reinoehl
Originally Posted by flashflooder
It could have something to do with FW 1.3 but I'm not sure. All of my testing was done on my FW 1.4 VCI. However, I do know that most of the different 1.3 midi commands should be included in this mapping. However, there could possibly be bugs with 1.3 that I did not account for.

FW 1.4 is far superior and I would recommend everyone to upgrade their VCI-100 firmware to that but if people with FW1.3 find bugs and don't want to upgrade, I could update this mapping appropriately.
In trying to see if it was FW 1.4 related or no, I imported the 1.4 version of the 3.6.4 mapping and did not have the FX issues that I reported. Do you believe that could still be the case?
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Solesurvivor
Solution found for the auto-play in the sample decks!

Deck D has to be activated first by pressing "Deck D" then i had to double-tap play so all the sample-dack playbuttons light up.... then the autoplay works pretty perfect!

After i deselect the sample, i have to double-tap again to light all 4 play-buttons again

Hope to helped more people with this
I do not believe this is a solution. It might be a work around but this complicates the original design and you should not have to activate Deck D or use any transport controls on Deck D in order to get the Deck to Sampler auto-loop functionality working seamlessly.

Pressing the play button on Deck D when in Sample mode triggers all of the samples in Deck D (which can be really useful), but it is probably not ideal if you have unassociated samples in Deck D.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by polishrob
The echo button was mapped as gater instead of delay for me, maybe you have the same problem
If you experience this problem it means that the FX settings did not import properly. You need to use the large Import button on the bottom left of the Preferences section and make sure to import the effect settings. You can import mappings using the little Import button in the Add... button of the controller manager but this will only import a mapping and not any FX settings.

Please note that using this large Import button will overwrite all of your existing settings and mappings (based on what settings you import) so it is good practice to export your current setup before importing anything new in case something goes wrong or you get confused.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by No Left Turn
Do you believe this could be a problem if my VCI is still on FW1.3? With the v3.6 mappings, you had separate mappings for both 1.3 and 1.4, but it doesn't seem to be the case with the v4.0 mapping.
It could have something to do with FW 1.3 but I'm not sure. All of my testing was done on my FW 1.4 VCI. However, I do know that most of the different 1.3 midi commands should be included in this mapping. However, there could possibly be bugs with 1.3 that I did not account for.

FW 1.4 is far superior and I would recommend everyone to upgrade their VCI-100 firmware to that but if people with FW1.3 find bugs and don't want to upgrade, I could update this mapping appropriately.
Matilda Lallo
Has anybody tried to use the firmware 1.4 Disco Light option on the VCI 100 and get it to work? I spent like 20 minutes trying to get it to work.
Suellen Ianelli
Originally Posted by faisal244
Really ?! I could have sworn I've seen it on one of eN goldens mapping walkthrough bids on the past, but can't find any reference of it anywhere ! Is there seriously no way to this in this mapping ? I'd be seriously shocked if that was the case, seems like a serious oversight. Do u know if it's ever been in any older tks files?
i don't believe it was ever in there, but yes - i have also been missing this. maybe it could be added to the official mapping?
Corazon Ogo
Originally Posted by brosephh
Oh im sorry i thought you mean searching through tracks at normal speed, as for searching through a track rapidly i didn't believe that feature was mapped?
Really ?! I could have sworn I've seen it on one of eN goldens mapping walkthrough bids on the past, but can't find any reference of it anywhere ! Is there seriously no way to this in this mapping ? I'd be seriously shocked if that was the case, seems like a serious oversight. Do u know if it's ever been in any older tks files?
Delmar Hungler
Oh im sorry i thought you mean searching through tracks at normal speed, as for searching through a track rapidly i didn't believe that feature was mapped?
Corazon Ogo
Originally Posted by brosephh
If you press the vinyl mode button located next to the sync button you can search through songs quickly and as for the disco mode if you hold down the left slice and echo buttons before you plug in the vci you go into disco mode

Disco Mode:
eangolden's Channel - YouTube
Cheers for that, I got disco mode to work but holding down scratch and using the jogwheel isn't allowing me to rapidlynscroll through tracks, it just carries on at the same speed. I'm using this very mapping, am I missing something here?
Delmar Hungler
If you press the vinyl mode button located next to the sync button you can search through songs quickly and as for the disco mode if you hold down the left slice and echo buttons before you plug in the vci you go into disco mode

Disco Mode:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/user/eangolden#p/u/50/cjDQmEkWBw4"]eangolden's Channel - YouTube[/ame]
Corazon Ogo
i have a really simple question - just got my vci-100SE in the mail yesterday, and theres one thing i cant figure out thats driving me nuts-how can you seek through a track quickly using the jogwheels ? for example, if ive got a 2hour set loaded up, how can i go through it quickly to find the beat i want to que up ? stupidly simple i know, but i cant find any reference of this on any videos, and its driving me crazy! i believe a button needs to be held down while using the jogs, can anyone elaborate ?

also, how can i activate disco mode ? the video for that has been taken down, i know certain buttons have to be pressed when the unit is being turned on, can anyone tell me what buttons to hold down ? many thanks you guys!
Delmar Hungler
<3 djtt
Laquita Cofsky
Great to see the mapping out there, hats off to everybody involved in the process. One thing I would like to ask though is whether future updates are still part of the plan or is this it?
Anabel Satriano
Thank you! <3

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy