VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2Reply
VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2
Posted on: 09.08.2011 by Jodi Lacerra
After long anticipation, the initial version of the VCI-100SE v4.0 mapping for Traktor Pro 2 is here. Please note that this mapping has been designed to utilize Traktor Pro 2 functions and the mapping will not work with earlier Traktor versions.

The core of the mapping shares a lot of similarities to the v3.6.4 VCI-100 mapping; however, there are a number of key changes as follows (I am going to reference things based on the current overlay text):

• The section in the Top Right section of the controller (formerly "Sampler" section) is now the Loop Recorder. The "Sampler" button will Rec the Loop Recorder and then play it afterwards. Pressing the Sampler button again after having recorded will overdub (re-record) the Loop Recorder. Shift+Sampler button will delete the Recorded Loop. The source of the Loop Recorded is not controlled by the mapping and should be set by you (e.g., main, cue, ext, aux).
  • The "Vol" knob controls the Loop Rec Dry/Wet
  • The "Glitch" knob control the Loop Rec Length
  • The "Len" knob controls overall Master Volume
  • The "Loops" section of the "Control FX" section in the upper right side of the VCI is now the "Sample Deck" section which controls Deck D as a Sample Deck.
  • While in the "Sample Deck" section the knobs will control the volume of each four sample slots of Deck D.
  • If you press the labeled "A" & "B" buttons in the "Sample" section and there is not currently a sample loaded into that slot, it will copy the current loop from Deck A (or a loop based on the current loop length setting) into the corresponding Sample Slot in Deck D and as you let go of the button (wait to see the button LED light up first, it only takes a split second) it should seamlessly pause Deck A and unpause the Sample slot. The same goes for buttons "C" and "D" for Deck B.
  • If a sample slot is occupied, the button LED should be lit to indicate this and the button will then mute/unmute the corresponding sample slot.
  • A sample within a Sample slot can be delete by pressing Shift+Sample slot button
  • If you have a Loop saved in the Loop Recorder, you can move it to a Sample Slot by pressing "Route FX" and then a Sample slot button (while in "Sample Deck" mode). It will move the Loop Recorder into a Sample slot but it will not stop the Loop Recorder from playing or unmute the just loaded Sample slot.
  • If Decks C or D are used as Sample Decks, all of the tempo, pitch bend, scratch, play, cue, eq, filter, loop/2,x2 (alters length of sample), loop 8 (sets sample to original length) and volume controls affect all four sample slots for the corresponding Sample Deck.
  • If Decks C or D are used as Sample Decks, you can utilize "Juggle 1-4" mode to trigger individual Samples within that Sample Deck.
  • All EQ knobs and Gain knobs can now be used in "Soft takeover" mode if you hold Shift while turning the knob
  • Fader FX now only uses FX bank 1 for all Decks. The controls are the same except that FX bank 1 is activated on the currently active two decks (left and right) by pressing the corresponding Jog Wheel or moving the Volume Fader downwards. FX1 can be turned off either deck by moving the corresponding Volume Fader back to the top position.
  • Triggering the FX Presets has changed. You now need to only press the corresponding FX Preset push button to load that FX Preset into FX bank 1. You will still need to push it twice to properly load the presets (once to change effects, twice to change effect parameter rates)

There are some other small changes within the mapping, but those listed above are all of the major changes. This is an initial release of DJTT's new Traktor Pro 2 mapping for the VCI-100SE, updates to follow if necessary.

Please use this thread if you believe you found a bug or have questions about the mapping's functionality.

I hope to post a visual layout soon, but for now the text above will have to do. Thanks to everyone for your patience in getting this mapping out and I appreciate everyone's support along the way.

EDIT: In v4.1, a few minor bugs and LED issues were fixed. Also, Shift+the Jog wheel no longer sets Cue Points on the fly. Now, Shift+Jog turn will seek through a track (with scratch on or off).
Mel Manelski
Originally Posted by flashflooder
I cannot replicate this issue you are having. Did you figure out a fix? Otherwise, are you sure you are using VCI-100 FW 1.4 and the latest version of Traktor Pro v2.1.1? That is what I used for my testing.

There's also a chance that those LEDs died out. It is not too uncommon and I've had a few die in my VCI-100 over its lifetime.
That might just be the case. Just tried disco mode and they didn't light up.
I had the same issue with the left echo button which wouldn't turn blue anymore. But as today it seems to be working again.
Suellen Ianelli
There's also a chance that those LEDs died out. It is not too uncommon and I've had a few die in my VCI-100 over its lifetime.
you can check for defective leds using the hardware test mode: http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...79&postcount=8
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by awesomesoundtrooper
one question: is it just me or does anyone else have the issue that the cue/headphone led doesnt light up anymore for the selected deck?
I cannot replicate this issue you are having. Did you figure out a fix? Otherwise, are you sure you are using VCI-100 FW 1.4 and the latest version of Traktor Pro v2.1.1? That is what I used for my testing.

Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by buckwilder
Yeah exactly the same problem for me; both in scratch and not in scratch mode the jog wheels no longer search through the song. Tried re-mapping 'seek position' to the two midi output signals from the jog wheels but no joy.

Any ideas Flashflooder? Super keen to combine this version with my X1 mapped for decks C+D for that "pretending you have an S4" feeling.
Are you guys both sure that you have v1.4 firmware on your VCI-100? I have not tested this mapping on v1.3 so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some buggy behavior on v1.3 (and I know that the jog wheel midi signals changed from fw 1.3 to 1.4).

If you are sure that you are using 1.4 FW and the latest version of Traktor and are still having the issue, either email or PM me so we can delve a little deeper into what the issue might be.
Chara Blumenfeld
Originally Posted by brosephh
Hmm I'm having trouble with version 4.1 in that scrolling through a song with the jog wheels doesn't work but the super speed shift scroll does work.

Edit: Nevermind I just added the older version on top of 4.1 using the smaller import button and it seems to work

Edit: Wait no still having problems, 4.1 scrolling through tracks using the jogs doesn't work.
Yeah exactly the same problem for me; both in scratch and not in scratch mode the jog wheels no longer search through the song. Tried re-mapping 'seek position' to the two midi output signals from the jog wheels but no joy.

Any ideas Flashflooder? Super keen to combine this version with my X1 mapped for decks C+D for that "pretending you have an S4" feeling.
Delmar Hungler
Hmm I'm having trouble with version 4.1 in that scrolling through a song with the jog wheels doesn't work but the super speed shift scroll does work.

Edit: Nevermind I just added the older version on top of 4.1 using the smaller import button and it seems to work

Edit: Wait no still having problems, 4.1 scrolling through tracks using the jogs doesn't work.
Mel Manelski
I just made an update to the mapping (now v4.1 which I re-uploaded to the initial post) which fixes the following:

• LED issues for the bottom 4 buttons on each deck. I decided to use klaemo's dynamic LEDs in Juggle Mode which will be on if a Hotcue is present because it is nice extra feedback and for those (like me) with an arcade, I never have any visual feedback so I believe it's fair to use.
  • Fixes the Fader FX scratch off bug, removes the Shift+Jog set Hotcue functionality
  • Adds Shift+Jog move to be a quick track seek (which works with scratch on or off)
excellent stuff! thanks a lot!

one question: is it just me or does anyone else have the issue that the cue/headphone led doesnt light up anymore for the selected deck?
Somer Vanstraten
i cannot download the newer tsi, i download it and its a .xml file
if i remove this extension it is correctly see as .tsi, but traktor doesn't import it

edit : working using firefox instead of safari
Suellen Ianelli
Originally Posted by arumdevil
awesome work Flashflooder and klaemo too!
+1
Waylon Domenici
awesome work Flashflooder and klaemo too!
Scarlett Saupp
quick track seek ftw!
Jodi Lacerra
I just made an update to the mapping (now v4.1 which I re-uploaded to the initial post) which fixes the following:

• LED issues for the bottom 4 buttons on each deck. I decided to use klaemo's dynamic LEDs in Juggle Mode which will be on if a Hotcue is present because it is nice extra feedback and for those (like me) with an arcade, I never have any visual feedback so I believe it's fair to use.
  • Fixes the Fader FX scratch off bug, removes the Shift+Jog set Hotcue functionality
  • Adds Shift+Jog move to be a quick track seek (which works with scratch on or off)
Donya Sorensen
it seems like you need to change Interaction mode from "toggle" to "hold"
Aprizal Rustarmadi
On this newest mapping, we only use fx unit 1 in faderfx mode for all decks. in previous mappings, deck a used fx unit 1 and deck b used fx unit 2. im ok with this change but i still like the option to apply fx to individual channels rather than over the entire mix. i realize this is still possible with this mapping but my issue is this: when touching either jog wheel while in fader fx, fx unit 1 is engaged but remains engaged when you lift your finger off the jog wheel. let me explain by example: two track are playing, one in deck a, the other in deck b. fader fx mode is on and if i touch the jog wheel for deck a, fx unit 1 is engaged and heard over deck a. when i lift my finger off the jogwheel, fx unit 1 is still engaged for deck a. now when i touch jogwheel b, the fx is played over the whole mix rather than just deck b because fx unit 1 is still engaged on deck a. it should behave like the volume fader in fader fx mode where the fx is off until you move the slider down and when you move it all the way back up, the fx unit 1 disengages. so my question is this: how do i map it so that when touching the jogwheel, fx unit 1 is engaged (like it does already) but when lifting my finger off the jogwheel, fx unit 1 is disengaged?

thank you for your time in helping me solve this problem
Donya Sorensen
Are you using fw 1.4? The only other thing I can believe of is that with Scratch mode off you are noticing that the outer jog wheel does not pitch bend, this is true and on purpose (too much bass can easily trigger the outer jogs at a gig). The actual inner jog controls pitch bend with scratch off and with scratch on, the outer jog still controls pitch bend.

If if misunderstanding your issue, let me know.
I also hated that the outer jog wheel no longer controls tempo bend, I used that all the time, can't believe that was made on purpose, I believe you're confusing "vibration" with "rotation"... I never had tempo bend altered by a heavy bass in a gig... or maybe your jog wheels doesn't work right, but the mapping needs this, I'll try to fix it , many thanks for the great mapping, anyway... it's not perfect but that should make us learn to map controllers ourselves

Edit: I'm talking about scratch mode ON, so maybe it's just me...
Lizabeth Peight
I second that emotion! Come on guys, let the VCI go out in style one last proper overlay for TP2!!!! PLEASE!!
Percy Keehan
ur best vci mapping yet I request an overlay!! )
Faustina Bierschenk
Originally Posted by bmwnutfrombirth
You ever fix the bug where if i adjust the pitch fader with my hand on the platter, it sends the pitch WAY out of wack; instead of getting an incremental adjustment, it usually goes to -99.9%. It drives me nuts! Any fixes?
you need to upgrade to traktor 2.1.1
Wei Lebeaux
You ever fix the bug where if i adjust the pitch fader with my hand on the platter, it sends the pitch WAY out of wack; instead of getting an incremental adjustment, it usually goes to -99.9%. It drives me nuts! Any fixes?
Deeanna Gripshover
Originally Posted by sno
never ever used it!
+1
Suellen Ianelli
another question (i'm on a roll), do any of you guys use the shift+jog wheel functionality to set cue points on the fly?
never ever used it!
Scarlett Saupp
Never used it here either.
Lorelei Przybylowicz
Never used "Shift+Jog" either
Doug Bieling
never used the shift jog either ... well i have, but it sucked ass so never did again
Suzanna Paddock
Never ever used shift jogg for cue dropping.

Thanks for keeping this mapping alive Flashflooder

another question (i'm on a roll), do any of you guys use the shift+jog wheel functionality to set cue points on the fly?

i've personally always disliked this because you can't really do it without slowing the song (in scratch mode) or pitch bending (with scratch off). i have a better idea for how to use that but want to make sure i'm not taking away functionality ppl actually use.
I've used it, but not while tracks are playing back.
I use it to prep new tracks loaded into the library.
That said, I believe losing this function is not a big deal, cause I also use the keyboard to assign cue point 1-4 as well (or the midi-fighter).

Like others have said, I believe Song Scroll would be wise replacement here.
Delmar Hungler

i've personally always disliked this because you can't really do it without slowing the song (in scratch mode) or pitch bending (with scratch off). i have a better idea for how to use that but want to make sure i'm not taking away functionality ppl actually use.
No mate I personally don't use the shift button and jog wheel to set cue points. are you going to map it instead to search through the song faster?

It's really nice to see you're putting the effort in!

Thanks

Joe.
Mel Manelski
yea. sounds good thanks for your efforts!!!
really looking forward to a new overlay as the old one is cracking up.

i personally never used shift+jog wheel to set cue points!
Jodi Lacerra

Jodi Lacerra
oh yeah and there's the reverse grain fx preset1 in fader fx mode with the fader all the way down issue where it doesn't sound the same (i believe noleftturn brought it up intially). this is a weird traktor bug i've never fully understood where sometimes there is a delay to when the reverse grain kicks in.

you'll notice that this happens in the mapping; but, when in fader fx mode and moving the fader down but not all the way to the bottom if you manually click on the reverse grain effect on your mouse it will trigger instantly. and if you use the fader to trigger it right after this it will work instantly also. however, after you move that fader up to the top and then try to move it back down, you will have the issue again.

what i've deduced from this is that the first time you trigger (with MIDI) a chained reverse grain effect after just activating an FX unit on a deck there will be a delay which only happens once until you deactivate the FX unit on that deck and then the issue will repeat again. it's very strange.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by sm00sh
DJTT really dropped the ball by not Bringing the VCI-100 into the Traktor 2 world with a Proper mapping and overlay.
sorry about this man. i realize i have kinda dropped the ball in terms of bringing the vci-100 one last overlay and i still want to make it happen. i have a partially done file and am going to try to finish it this weekend so i can get it approved by ean early next week.

i honestly have zero time to do any mapping stuff at work because of all the other roles i've taken over but i am committed to getting it done (and if spending an hour on this community after a 13hr work day isn't proof, then i don't know what is) and i realize that every day/week that passes it becomes less relevant and upsets all you dedicated guys more. anyways, i hope to have some good news regarding an overlay for you guys soon.

lastly, i have started fixing the bugs on this mapping and just need to get hold of an SE (I have an arcade and forget they are even there) to test the LED stuff (hopefully tmrw). i just fixed the faderfx scratch off FX unit1 activation issue, what are the other bugs you guys are experiencing?
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by DJ V1ckz
Hey guys,

So I use the VCI-100 as a mixer with two Technic-1200's and I used to love adjusting the phase meter by spinning the outside rim of the jogwheel. This gave me the best of both worlds: the scratch-ability of Turntables, with the fine tempo adjust of a midi.

This isn't that big of a problem for "sync" djs, but not being able to adjust the tempo properly is a big deal!

-DirtyDumbo
Are you using fw 1.4? The only other thing I can believe of is that with Scratch mode off you are noticing that the outer jog wheel does not pitch bend, this is true and on purpose (too much bass can easily trigger the outer jogs at a gig). The actual inner jog controls pitch bend with scratch off and with scratch on, the outer jog still controls pitch bend.

If if misunderstanding your issue, let me know.
Takisha Hodulik
yo dude, if you are on 1.3 some things probably don't work as you've experienced and re-importing will not fix that. fw 1.4 has some key different midi signals than fw 1.3 and while i didn't delete the old 1.3 stuff, i also didn't test the new functionality on 1.3 so chances are some things don't work. i don't believe we have a 1.3 vci-100 in the office anymore either. but as i mentioned in the initial post, this new mapping only officially supports fw 1.4 (which is way superior and def worth the upgrade).
Thank you for he reply! I will try to get my hands on an upgrade kit and a windows PC!

-GPS
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Gianmarco
Thanks for the reply! I am on 1.3. I will try re-importing.
yo dude, if you are on 1.3 some things probably don't work as you've experienced and re-importing will not fix that. fw 1.4 has some key different midi signals than fw 1.3 and while i didn't delete the old 1.3 stuff, i also didn't test the new functionality on 1.3 so chances are some things don't work. i don't believe we have a 1.3 vci-100 in the office anymore either. but as i mentioned in the initial post, this new mapping only officially supports fw 1.4 (which is way superior and def worth the upgrade).
Takisha Hodulik
HAs anyone been able to look into this?

Originally Posted by Gianmarco
No matter how many times i download and re-import (after deleting it). the knob that controls how much of the master and cued track does into your headphones is controlling the tempo fader for deck A.......
Also it still does control the audio coming into my headphones at the same time.

Thanks!
Laquita Cofsky
Originally Posted by klaemo
...concerning the mapping, i'm willing to pick up the slack if there is enough interest.
i believe, a good idea would be to compile a list of bugs and feature suggestions first.
Champion.

As far as bugs / suggestions goes, I'd like to see your juggle LED mapping kept, I found that pretty helpful.
Also I don't like having master volume mapped to the top right (len) knob, shift+the middle one was good enough. Not sure what to change it to though.

I'm still using 2.03 but apparently the new Traktor separated the jog wheel from the pitch fader, so that thing I was asking about a couple of pages ago should be fixed.
Joselyn Barrocas
Right now I am still using mapping 3.6.4 for TP1 (I know...I'm slow at moving forward, but 3.6.4 has been pretty stable for me).

I am very curious to try TP2 but it seems like there are some bugs with the current mapping just from reading through some of the later posts.

I just want to know if its stable enough now to justify buying TP2? or should I wait till a more stable version of the mapping is released.

Thanks

*Any suggestions to what I should move on to now that the support for VCI-100 is dwindling? I'm almost considering A&H DX...switching back to serato haha.
Mayra Depasse
great to hear the old lady doesn't leave us hanging.
pff...meeting a mate for a drink...what was she believeing?!

concerning the mapping, i'm willing to pick up the slack if there is enough interest.
i believe, a good idea would be to compile a list of bugs and feature suggestions first.
Deeanna Gripshover
Originally Posted by dillinger23
Silent break up...... love it.

interestingly this is a quote from a reply to an email i sent......

Zach, Sep-21 18:37 (PDT):
Hey Jason,
At this point it looks like it's going to happen. I can't guarantee it 100%, but it's more likely to happen than not.

Jason Ross, Sep-21 08:51 (PDT):
hey there, just wondering if there is news on whether there will be an
overlay for the new VCI TP2 mapping? There was a signup page for those
expressing interest, what were the results?
many thanks from the UK.
Jason.

So even though we saw her out at a bar with someone else, we don't for for certain yet that she's sleeping with him, and we can't say for sure yet that its definitely over between us!
So glad to see there's still support on here for the overlay.
Lizabeth Peight
Originally Posted by minimal
Right!

I'm all for f*ckin around on a friday afternoon. But making it into a DJTT post? whatever.

I find it very strange that there is no word from the head huncho about this, since the VCI100 was the heart (and lifeline) of this community for so many years.

This feels like a silent breakup, like a GF who won't return your calls, then you see at the bar with a mate.

Whatever man, I still love my vci.

BTW, where's the best place to get VCI skins these days?
Silent break up...... love it.

interestingly this is a quote from a reply to an email i sent......

Zach, Sep-21 18:37 (PDT):
Hey Jason,
At this point it looks like it's going to happen. I can't guarantee it 100%, but it's more likely to happen than not.

Jason Ross, Sep-21 08:51 (PDT):
hey there, just wondering if there is news on whether there will be an
overlay for the new VCI TP2 mapping? There was a signup page for those
expressing interest, what were the results?
many thanks from the UK.
Jason.

So even though we saw her out at a bar with someone else, we don't for for certain yet that she's sleeping with him, and we can't say for sure yet that its definitely over between us!

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy