Scamo's Traktor S4 FX Jogs Xtreme Mapping - 5.1.0 Beta

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Scamo's Traktor S4 FX Jogs Xtreme Mapping - 5.1.0 BetaReply
Scamo's Traktor S4 FX Jogs Xtreme Mapping - 5.1.0 Beta
Posted on: 12.09.2012 by Rey Holubar
Ok,

Here is a pre-beta release of my FX Jogs mapping. It's beta, because it needs some testing before I'd say it is fit for live use and pre-, because I still want to make an introduction video showing my intentions with the effect modes.

This mapping has 13 basic or one-shot modes. Mode 14 is still waiting for the ultimate effects grouping. I still haven't found it yet. Modes 1 and 8 have have incremental modes. Here is a quick explanation of the modes.

Note to the hater's. I do not consider myself the world's best mapper or effects guru. It could very well be with some of the effect groupings I've come up with a sound engineer would do a two hand face slap, when he hears/ sees them. Haha! If you do know more, please give us some help with tips and improvements. I am really open for ideas and learning what is right with effects. But if you do want to share your wisdom, thanks, but also give up some credentials. If you just want to hate and be negative, don't bother.

So here goes.....

Mode 1 - Ean's Beat Masher

World renowned through this video

(2.2+ million views!!!, look for the left jog), In this video Ean does a really neat mashup of a favorite Depeche Mode song of mine "Enjoy The Silence". It was this mashup and the use of FX jogs which inspired me to even start mapping and was the spark for this mapping. This effect mode is great for so many reasons. Too many to write down actually. Take a look at my fundamentals video. The beginning showcases this one effect mode and what you can do with it.

This video also shows you how the mapping works, if you are new to my FX Jogs mapping.

Please note: One major change has been made since I made this video. You do not have to press shift to change the modes. Now you only need to turn the gain knobs. Press shift to change the gain with the knobs.

Mode 2 - Transbeater

This is an attempt at a user's suggestion to make a rising like effect. It is a beatmasher with a transpose stretch. You can use this to heighten a transition. When you let go of the jog, the TTFX cuts in. Press the jog again to turn the TTFX off. You can also just press the jog to cut in TTFX without the riser.

Mode 3 - Delayorama

This is a simple T3 Delay, but play with it some, you can get some neat effects with it almost like beatmashing.

Mode 4 - The Belofo

Also a beatmasher with Lofi and LFO. Use this over some vocals to give them a different flair.

Mode 5 - Flangeritis

A simple grouping with Flangerflux, but also fun in vocal, instrumental parts of a song. Fun anywhere really. Turn the jog to the right slowly and towards where the reverb gets close to about 90%, let go of the jog. You can turn the jog back to the left to fade out the reverb too. Try it fast too. Wow! Probably too much. hehe...

Mode 6 - The Riffer

A mix of gator and beatmasher and with the right beat and rhythm, you can make your own riffs. Lots of fun!

Mode 7 - Reverbogator

A reverb with gator, this effect group only needs small movements of the jog to have lots of fun.

Mode 8 - Army of Me's (Priscilla's) Sweep Drama Effect

Just a great classic sweep. Also has incremental mode, where you don't have to hold the jog.

Mode 9 - LOFI Sweep

A bit like Pricilla's sweep, but then again different.

Mode 10 - Flanger Sweep

Running out of ideas, somehow I got stuck on sweeping effects. But I like this one too.

Mode 11 - Pulse Sweep

Ok, I know, I know. Too many sweeps.....

Mode 12 - Beat Slicer

Catch a beat and slice it in differently using the Wet/Dry. I added the W/D just recently and I need to have the W/Ds start at 0. Or do I? At any rate, the trick here is to blend in the sliced up 4 beats with the W/D. You use the jog to select the slice mode. Press shift to change the 3rd parameter of the slicer.

Mode 13 - LOFI Masher

Also an energy raising effect. Use with care.

Mode 14 - The ultimate effect grouping for jog FX - still not found.

That's it. Have fun and any constructive feedback is appreciated. Video is coming soon.

scamo

p.s. It just hit me, that I might have also two F1 default mappings in this. If there is, let me know. I'll update the file.

NOTE: When you change the effect mode, you must press the jog wheel once quickly, so the effects are primed and ready to go. After that, you can use the mode. The priming sort of also gives you a visual as to what mode (which effects) are selected.

NOTE 2: This mapping works with Traktor 2.5.0 and has only been tested by myself with this version. It may not work correctly with older versions of Traktor.

Also a small restriction is this mapping will go tits up, if you press the browse button for more than a second or two (for going into the copy mode). So just don't press the browse button for too long.
Valeri Millstein
Originally Posted by Stewe
You wish no help you in further? I'm here to help for everybody... Do not flatter yourself.
We all NEED your help Stewe!
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by 0Notice
Look at that! I got to like page 7 and I gave up! Thanks Bro! You truly are just creepishly here for me!

Stewe the Midi Stalker...
You wish no help you in further? I'm here to help for everybody... Do not flatter yourself.
Jamee Zaborny
Any issues with 2.6? Wasn't working properly when tested. Jogs weren't producing FX even if pushed first.

Also I'm sure/hoping some macro FX will make their way to the final release.
Jamee Zaborny
Scamo. This looks great! Going to DL and give the mapping a shot soon. I know this isn't the ultimate effect for #14 but every now and then I throw in a gater that starts off around 20 percent (can't remember what beat it grabs) then modulates over time and when a vocal builds back to the beat I crank up the gater and throw in a phaser and ice verb over those last 4 beats. Just a thought.

Also like a peak filter, delay and masher combo. Forget if you had that listed...

Will letabout know my thoughts about the mapping once tested.
Valeri Millstein
Originally Posted by Stewe
Hey 0Notice, check few posts up. I've uploaded a copy of mapping hare.
Look at that! I got to like page 7 and I gave up! Thanks Bro! You truly are just creepishly here for me!

Stewe the Midi Stalker...
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by 0Notice
Download on the first page doesn't work... You should upload this version the the Midi Maps here. I want to test this out!
Hey 0Notice, check few posts up. I've uploaded a copy of mapping hare.
Valeri Millstein
Download on the first page doesn't work... You should upload this version the the Midi Maps here. I want to test this out!
Delena Katherman
Did you "turn on" the effects by pressing the LOAD button on the desired deck?
Libbie Orion
ok so i installed this mapping
and im confused

when i touch the jogwheels, i just get jogwheel action (slow, fast, and vinyl activity)
arent i supposed to be getting some kind of efx control?

what did i miss?
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by jeffgold
Stewe, You saved the day man! Thank you so much!
No worries pal, glad that worked.
Raymonde Mejorado
Stewe, You saved the day man! Thank you so much!

Scamo, all I have to say about this is that it KICKS ASS!!! Thank you for sharing all of your hard work. Youre a pioneer man.

Everyone else with an S4, this mapping is where its at, download it.
Kellie Myrum
Here is the file:
Raymonde Mejorado
Scamo,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I do have a mac... I tried the right click and save but that didn't work either

When I click on it to download, it opens a new tab in my browser that is blank... Ive never had this problem before... Im not sure what to do... perhaps its just not meant to be really bummed because I was totally excited to get into this.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thank you again for everything, you do really great work!
Rey Holubar
Hi Jeff,

If possible, try right clicking on the link and saving the file directly to your disk? The download works fine for me, but I have a Windows system. I bet you have a Mac, correct?

Also, this mapping works ok with 2.6.0. It is still a beta though, as there are some quirks in the mapping I have yet to figure out.

scamo
Raymonde Mejorado
Hi Scamo! Im a long time user of the first version of the mapping!

Im attempting to download your latest full version with built in effect racks. When I click on the tsi download link above, it takes me to an empty website

file:///Users/jeff/Downloads/Scamos%20S4%20FX%20Jogs%20Extreme%20-%20%204%20Deck%20Full%20-%20Version%205-5.1.0%20Beta.tsi.xml

Im not sure what the problem is but for some reason Im getting and xml file instead of tsi and it appears to be useless. Im not sure if its the link or Im doing somethings else wrong. Please advise.

Also I went on with the new traktor update 2.6 , I hope this doesnt cause any problems with your mapping.

Thank you!
Rey Holubar
Hmmm...I've never heard or seen that before. And I can't even imagine what in my mapping could screw up beat grids like that. But I'll keep an eye out for that should it happen to me or any other person.

scamo
Margarito Kurtyka
@scamo - yes with your mapping. At first I thought I thought I loaded a glitchy song that messed up traktor. I reinstalled traktor, tested out a few songs where the beat grid worked. Reimported your mapping and again the beat grid for new songs was blank.
Rey Holubar
@Larry - Not that I know of. However, it is still a beta and there could be issues.

@dmcf99 - Is your question in conjunction with my mapping?

scamo
Margarito Kurtyka
Once I've loaded the controller mapping in traktor 2.6, any time I try and play a new song it doesn't recognize the beat grid thus is stays blank. Anyone have this problem?
Clarine Jaegers
Ok, thanks!
How about this one: is there a known bug that causes the effect selector (gain) to become unresponsive? I've had this two times now. The deck load light is on, so the effect mode is activated, but after some mixing the effect selector does nothing and the binary state lights are turned off. I can use the currently selected effect though.

I'll try to figure out what leads to this state, but why I'm asking is just trying to make sure that it's not a "feature" that I'm activating accidentally.
Rey Holubar
Yeah, you have to press 4 times to get out. So if you start it, you are committed. Might be able to add a "Shift + Jog touch" to get back out quickly.

scamo
Clarine Jaegers
Scamo, thanks for the great mapping. I'm just beginning to DJ with my Kontrol S4. One question about the mapping though, especially about the incremental mode: for example in mode 1, there are four different incremental sub-modes. Is it really so that to get out of the last incremental sub-mode I have to press shift+jog four times? Or is there some kind of a shortcut to do that?
Kellie Myrum
cool mapping gonna give it a try...thanks!!!
Be my guest mate
Lorette Schildhauer
[QUOTE=Stewe;555723]Hey scamo, in case you have missed it here is the mapping for masher+transweep combo in incremental mode if you would like to add it to your mapping.

cool mapping gonna give it a try...thanks!!!
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by scamo
I basically wanted to do something like Ean's beatmashing buttons (row 3) on the midi fighter and that is the incremental mode in Mode 1 (sort of).
Hey scamo, in case you have missed it here is the mapping for masher+transweep combo in incremental mode if you would like to add it to your mapping.

thread: http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=53408

Rey Holubar
Hmm....hard to tell what might be going on exactly from what you've written, so let me explain the modifiers in question.

M3 (for the left jog) and M6 (for the right jog) determine the one-shot or incremental modes. A "0" in these modifiers signifies one-shot mode. Any other number signifies an increment, which is started by pressing "Shift" and then the jog wheel once, in the mode you are in. Once you've done that, M3 or M6 should jump to "1" and any jog press after that increases M3 or M6 one number higher. At the moment there are only two incremental modes in Modes 1 and 8. Try them out. If you have a wild imagination with effects and some decent mapping skills, you could come up with at least another 12 incremental modes.

Theoretically, you could also just increment up one, and use the "Shift" button plus Jog to increment higher. That would mean another possible 84 one-shot modes. I just thought that would be way to hard to remember, so I never changed the system. It is hard too, to come up with effects that increment well. I basically wanted to do something like Ean's beatmashing buttons (row 3) on the midi fighter and that is the incremental mode in Mode 1 (sort of).

Modifier 7 determines if the "Shift" buttons are pressed or not. 1 = pressed.

Hope that helps to make things clearer.

scamo
Laurice Jessing
Originally Posted by scamo
Hey Mad,
Glad you are rippin my mapping apart.
Scott
Sorry, its not rippin but analyze it,

I meen for 1:
Knob 1: FX Unit 1, relative, left jog encoder, M1-1, M7-0: Effect mode 1 deck A FX 1 (I add "FX 1" behind,so it sorts better)
Knob 1: Fx Unit 1, direct, left jog tooch, M1-1, M3-0: Effect mode 1 deck A FX 1
Knob 2: Fx Unit 1, direct, left jog tooch, M1-1, M7-0: Effect mode 1 deck A FX 1

so its Modifier 2 or Cond 2 that has somtimes M7-0 or M3-0, when I change it, it has no effect?
In the Effect mode 1 deck A, on FX3, there you use all the M3-0, in Cond 2

Thx in advance
Rey Holubar
Hey Mad,

1. Not sure what you mean. Sorry.

2. If you are in mode 1 and press the FX "on" button while holding the jog, you get the echo freeze effect.

3. What you are refering to is the browse mode correction. (might be improperly named) It covers going into the browse mode and using the jog touch to load a track. It's also, needed, to kill certain mapped functions, when you are in browse mode.

Glad you are rippin my mapping apart.

Scott
Laurice Jessing
Scamo,
Sorry to disturb a busy man but I have a few questions because I am analyzing and learing your mapping.

1: Difference between deck A and B, same Knob ore Button example: Sometimes u use Modifier2 with M7-0 or M3-0. I believe it makes no difference or is there a reason?

2:In Comment:
Echo Freeze Fade Out Mode 1 Decks A and C : Knob1, FX Unit 3, Direct, Left.FX.On, M1=1
Echo Freeze Fade Out Mode 1 Decks B and D : Knob1, FX Unit 3, Direct, Right.FX.On, M1=1
Why are these?

3: Why "Shift correction in browse mode", Modifier1: M7-2, M7-3, M7-4 , Modifier2: M8-1

Thx, Mad
Rey Holubar
Not at the moment. No. Sorry. No spare time at all currently.

scamo
Kellie Myrum
Hey Scamo, any updates to mapping in sight?
Rey Holubar
Ok, your version is too old. You're going to need to upgrade to 2.5.X or older.

scamo
Fannie Portilla
It looks like, that the 5.1 is not working in 2.6. Is this right?
Chana Diazramirez
Traktor Pro s4 1.0.1
Rey Holubar
What version of Traktor are you using?

scamo
Chana Diazramirez
I've now sorted the download but now when I move the jog wheel only one of three parameters moves just wondering if I've done anything wrong.
Chana Diazramirez
Don't understand what is going on when i download the link it changes from .tsi to .tsi.xml

What am i doing wrong?
Lorette Schildhauer
[QUOTE=scamo;549461]@Dj DoUg - if you press shift and the jog when in mode 8, then you "prime" the effect and have to turn the jog and not press the platter to adjust the effect. Press the jog though again, and you are back to the regular "one-shot" mode.

thanks scamo!!
Rey Holubar
@Dj DoUg - if you press shift and the jog when in mode 8, then you "prime" the effect and have to turn the jog and not press the platter to adjust the effect. Press the jog though again, and you are back to the regular "one-shot" mode.

@easygoeshard - The mapping (the file) is in the first post of this thread.

scamo
Janella Amunrud
Dont i need the file for controller editor?

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy