Scamo's Traktor S4 FX Jogs Xtreme Mapping - 5.1.0 Beta

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Scamo's Traktor S4 FX Jogs Xtreme Mapping - 5.1.0 BetaReply
Scamo's Traktor S4 FX Jogs Xtreme Mapping - 5.1.0 Beta
Posted on: 12.09.2012 by Rey Holubar
Ok,

Here is a pre-beta release of my FX Jogs mapping. It's beta, because it needs some testing before I'd say it is fit for live use and pre-, because I still want to make an introduction video showing my intentions with the effect modes.

This mapping has 13 basic or one-shot modes. Mode 14 is still waiting for the ultimate effects grouping. I still haven't found it yet. Modes 1 and 8 have have incremental modes. Here is a quick explanation of the modes.

Note to the hater's. I do not consider myself the world's best mapper or effects guru. It could very well be with some of the effect groupings I've come up with a sound engineer would do a two hand face slap, when he hears/ sees them. Haha! If you do know more, please give us some help with tips and improvements. I am really open for ideas and learning what is right with effects. But if you do want to share your wisdom, thanks, but also give up some credentials. If you just want to hate and be negative, don't bother.

So here goes.....

Mode 1 - Ean's Beat Masher

World renowned through this video

(2.2+ million views!!!, look for the left jog), In this video Ean does a really neat mashup of a favorite Depeche Mode song of mine "Enjoy The Silence". It was this mashup and the use of FX jogs which inspired me to even start mapping and was the spark for this mapping. This effect mode is great for so many reasons. Too many to write down actually. Take a look at my fundamentals video. The beginning showcases this one effect mode and what you can do with it.

This video also shows you how the mapping works, if you are new to my FX Jogs mapping.

Please note: One major change has been made since I made this video. You do not have to press shift to change the modes. Now you only need to turn the gain knobs. Press shift to change the gain with the knobs.

Mode 2 - Transbeater

This is an attempt at a user's suggestion to make a rising like effect. It is a beatmasher with a transpose stretch. You can use this to heighten a transition. When you let go of the jog, the TTFX cuts in. Press the jog again to turn the TTFX off. You can also just press the jog to cut in TTFX without the riser.

Mode 3 - Delayorama

This is a simple T3 Delay, but play with it some, you can get some neat effects with it almost like beatmashing.

Mode 4 - The Belofo

Also a beatmasher with Lofi and LFO. Use this over some vocals to give them a different flair.

Mode 5 - Flangeritis

A simple grouping with Flangerflux, but also fun in vocal, instrumental parts of a song. Fun anywhere really. Turn the jog to the right slowly and towards where the reverb gets close to about 90%, let go of the jog. You can turn the jog back to the left to fade out the reverb too. Try it fast too. Wow! Probably too much. hehe...

Mode 6 - The Riffer

A mix of gator and beatmasher and with the right beat and rhythm, you can make your own riffs. Lots of fun!

Mode 7 - Reverbogator

A reverb with gator, this effect group only needs small movements of the jog to have lots of fun.

Mode 8 - Army of Me's (Priscilla's) Sweep Drama Effect

Just a great classic sweep. Also has incremental mode, where you don't have to hold the jog.

Mode 9 - LOFI Sweep

A bit like Pricilla's sweep, but then again different.

Mode 10 - Flanger Sweep

Running out of ideas, somehow I got stuck on sweeping effects. But I like this one too.

Mode 11 - Pulse Sweep

Ok, I know, I know. Too many sweeps.....

Mode 12 - Beat Slicer

Catch a beat and slice it in differently using the Wet/Dry. I added the W/D just recently and I need to have the W/Ds start at 0. Or do I? At any rate, the trick here is to blend in the sliced up 4 beats with the W/D. You use the jog to select the slice mode. Press shift to change the 3rd parameter of the slicer.

Mode 13 - LOFI Masher

Also an energy raising effect. Use with care.

Mode 14 - The ultimate effect grouping for jog FX - still not found.

That's it. Have fun and any constructive feedback is appreciated. Video is coming soon.

scamo

p.s. It just hit me, that I might have also two F1 default mappings in this. If there is, let me know. I'll update the file.

NOTE: When you change the effect mode, you must press the jog wheel once quickly, so the effects are primed and ready to go. After that, you can use the mode. The priming sort of also gives you a visual as to what mode (which effects) are selected.

NOTE 2: This mapping works with Traktor 2.5.0 and has only been tested by myself with this version. It may not work correctly with older versions of Traktor.

Also a small restriction is this mapping will go tits up, if you press the browse button for more than a second or two (for going into the copy mode). So just don't press the browse button for too long.
Valeri Millstein
Originally Posted by scamo
I have no problem with a new FX jog mapping at all. On the contrary, I made the builder version of my mapping for people to also make their own mappings. I want this! So, go for it.

scamo
Great! Yea it runs in a similar manner. Uses the browse knob to change/load Fx. All 15 of them in theory, uses the same binary system on the FX Unit 2 lights, and FX Unit 1 lights are for deck assignment allowing all deck assigns.
Rey Holubar
Originally Posted by 0Notice
Scamo, I have started working on a Jog Fx mapping that runs in a similar fashion to yours, before I release it to the public I would like to know if you okay with me crediting a lot of the ideas to you. Let me know. Thanks!
I have no problem with a new FX jog mapping at all. On the contrary, I made the builder version of my mapping for people to also make their own mappings. I want this! So, go for it.

scamo
Kellie Myrum
I will make a thread for it once I finish it up! Look out for it!
Looking forwards to see this in action
Valeri Millstein
Originally Posted by jdownesbaird
Awesome. Need any testers?
Delena Katherman
Scamo, I have started working on a Jog Fx mapping that runs in a similar fashion to yours, before I release it to the public I would like to know if you okay with me crediting a lot of the ideas to you. Let me know. Thanks!
Delena Katherman
You know what? Enough. I'll take a couple days of vacation in the next few weeks and pump out a new version. I can't promise anything more than that, but if I don't promise something, it just won't ever get done. So, that is my plan.

scamo
Were you able to make this happen? Your mapping definitely deserves a final version! Hope all is well.
Issac Andreyev
Yeah, and believe me, I wish I could take more time to make all of you happy with a new and more stable version. I just can't even get the time to practice DJing and that is bad considering we are actually offering our services as DJs now too.

Excuses, excuses, excuses....

You know what? Enough. I'll take a couple days of vacation in the next few weeks and pump out a new version. I can't promise anything more than that, but if I don't promise something, it just won't ever get done. So, that is my plan.

scamo

Once again a big thanks, there are plenty of us out there who love using your mapping and appreciate all the work you put into it.
Laurice Jessing
Excuses, excuses, excuses.... scamo
Please don't, You have done a great job by teaching us how to do, I learned a lot, so Thx
my hat off for you.
Valeri Millstein
Yeah, and believe me, I wish I could take more time to make all of you happy with a new and more stable version. I just can't even get the time to practice DJing and that is bad considering we are actually offering our services as DJs now too.

scamo
We all appreciate it man!
Rey Holubar
Hi everyone.

I'd just like to sort of apologize for the long silence and for having stopped this little project.

I have actually taken on a bigger project. I took the last several months, brought a small team together and we've been working on concepts for a new platform for online communities (like this one, which I actually got some of my inspiration from).

My new project is called Skooppa, which is an acronym for "Social Knowledge and Opinion Platform".

This "presentation" site is primarily aimed at community/ website owners, but we welcome anyone who is interested in a unique kind of network for community users based on their interests and a new platform for online community owners.

So, I apologize for not continuing this project and hope you can understand my change in direction and its importance to me.

Scott (aka scamo)
Fannie Portilla
Happy Easter everone!

Scamo, could you please poszt all your settings for the FX Modes. I'm working on transfering your mapping in the default mapping, for using the override Mode, but it seems, that the FX selections and the direct valies are a little bit mixed. Thanks for your help.

Greets
Brendan Liening
im having a problem where the jog wheel will not adjust the value of the FX. Any Solutions?
Valeri Millstein

scamo
Great! Yea it runs in a similar manner. Uses the browse knob to change/load Fx. All 15 of them in theory, uses the same binary system on the FX Unit 2 lights, and FX Unit 1 lights are for deck assignment allowing all deck assigns.
Rey Holubar

scamo
Kellie Myrum
Looking forwards to see this in action
Valeri Millstein
Originally Posted by jdownesbaird
Delena Katherman
Valeri Millstein
Rey Holubar
Nope, not yet. But never give up hope!

scamo
Delena Katherman

scamo
Were you able to make this happen? Your mapping definitely deserves a final version! Hope all is well.
Hedwig Caprio
The youtube video links posted in this thread on how to use the mapping dont work
Issac Andreyev

scamo

Once again a big thanks, there are plenty of us out there who love using your mapping and appreciate all the work you put into it.
Laurice Jessing
Excuses, excuses, excuses.... scamo
Please don't, You have done a great job by teaching us how to do, I learned a lot, so Thx
my hat off for you.
Valeri Millstein

scamo
We all appreciate it man!
Rey Holubar

scamo
Mikki Retana
Agreed, the mapping is simply NOT close to stable at the moment. But, it is in BETA stages right now, so it is to be expected. Scamo really has been doing a hell of a job, and even though he hasn't been updating this as much, I am very grateful for his work.

Originally Posted by Madsoldier
I must also say that the mapping is not stable. I have tried to analyze the mapping and to edit, but must give due to lack of knowledge. It's a great job scamo, but we idd need to wait for a stable mapping.
Now I work with my F1 for my effects, which works well, thx to Tekken.

I will always follow you posts because I have learned a lot from you
Thx, Mad
Laurice Jessing
I must also say that the mapping is not stable. I have tried to analyze the mapping and to edit, but must give due to lack of knowledge. It's a great job scamo, but we idd need to wait for a stable mapping.
Now I work with my F1 for my effects, which works well, thx to Tekken.

I will always follow you posts because I have learned a lot from you
Thx, Mad
Kellie Myrum
off topic:

@ - jdownesbaird

Which combinations of macro effects do you have in mind? PM me.
Delena Katherman
Thanks for the replies. I actually loaded up the new Spectra mapping with the small import button, and everything works pretty well as is. There are some funny things that happen every now and then (the delay effect will stay on even after the button on the Midi Fighter is released sometimes, for example) but these might be bugs in the Spectra mapping. Since I have the S4, it would be nice to use the top row of the Midi Fighter for more effects (currently, this mapping uses the top row for play/cue/shift/etc). So I need to either wait for one of you experts to create a badass mapping, or I'll have to try to get my feet wet!

Is anyone making mappings (S4, Midi Fighter) that take advantage of the "new" macro effects? I've learned to love a couple of them, and they are integral to my current workflow. No one seems to be incorporating them extensively into custom mappings on here.
Rey Holubar
As, Stewe mentions, both mappings will have to have the same effects selection order, then they should work together. My mapping at one point was updated to match the MF order of effects, but that was some time ago and I don't know, to be honest, if that is still correct.

Also something to remember, you'll need to import one of the mappings with the smaller import function in the Controller Manager, so the import does't kill the other mapping and I am not sure either mapping will work that way.

And one last thing to remember, when you switch between controllers, you will have to "prime" my mapping by reselecting a mode to get it to work again. This is because the effect unit selection is done over the mode selection and not the jog wheel touch.

scamo
Kellie Myrum
You might need to tweak effect selectors for ether scamo's or Spectra mapping to match each other.
Delena Katherman
Scamo,

Quick question: how do you use your MF3D with your custom mapping? I exclusively use your mapping, but I just got the Midi Fighter Spectra. To use the Spectra mapping with the InstantGrat effects, I have to use the large IMPORT button right? This overrides all your awesome effects. How do I get both to work?
Wiley Pollastrini
Cool understandable.

It's a great mapping! Keep up the incredible work!
Rey Holubar
No, sorry. This mapping was intended to be layered over the default S4 mapping, so you can get practically all of the standard S4 functions PLUS fx jog control. And yes, as is with any mapping, you must "learn" to use it properly and I'd venture to say, because of the modes, my mapping has a fairly steep learning curve in order to get it right. I even don't have it right just yet.

scamo
Wiley Pollastrini
i was curious if this mapping is available by use of the shift + browse midi mode?

im having trouble with my s4 being recognized with the in-port, im trying to set up a simple mapping after going into midi mode (shift + browse) i want to be able to use the 4 CUE buttons to activate FLUX mode per deck... (off topic)

but it got me believeing about this mapping as i have played around with it in the past but would sometimes confuse myself with the shit + load functions and train wreck.

is this possible to shift + browse midi mode this mapping? it would be nice to just jump to "FX Mode" play around and quickly switch back out.

it would be great this way paired with an X1 to be able to use the X1 to control the other decks while in "FX Mode" on the S4 i was only curious if this is possible and if there is a few params in the mapping that needed changed to be able to do this?

thanks.
Jamee Zaborny
Scamo - tried out the mapping all week/weekend. Love it but need to wait for the final version to be released. It was hit or miss for me meaning worked flawlessly, or needed to be reset or reimported a few times during a quick 30 minute mix...110% will look for this when the BETA title is lifted...

Thanks again for letting us mess around with it!
Jamee Zaborny
Clearblue - any luck with getting Scamo's mapping to run side by side with the 3D? I tried it last evening with no luck...will try again, but figured to ask if you or anyone had luck with it...thanks.
Jamee Zaborny
Scamo - quick update. Got the mapping to work on 2.5 and 2.6 last evening . Needed to adjust the jogs to FX in settings...sorry if I missed that. The TTFX is cool, but is a little tedious since you have to click the job to play the track upon release. If there was a way to automate the TTFX to cut out like it does then play the track again, that would be cool...

Either way, enjoy the mapping and will use it during a few practice mixes to see what it can really do...

Have a good one man...
Jamee Zaborny
Keep us all posted Scamo. Looking forward to the final version and the 14 combo! Will say that I'd like to see the TTFX make it's way to the final version. Based on your video/other youtube video's, I really like that feature as it sounds a little like the RMX-1000, which is pretty sweet. Maybe you can make the final version A and B one with and one without...just my two cents...you're in charge here...lol

Going to troubleshoot this again toevening on 2.5...will DL the zip from Stewe...maybe the file was flawed.

Thanks again for doing all of this...very impressive.
Rey Holubar
Originally Posted by DJSteveLozzi28
Scamo. This looks great! Going to DL and give the mapping a shot soon. I know this isn't the ultimate effect for #14 but every now and then I throw in a gater that starts off around 20 percent (can't remember what beat it grabs) then modulates over time and when a vocal builds back to the beat I crank up the gater and throw in a phaser and ice verb over those last 4 beats. Just a thought.

Also like a peak filter, delay and masher combo. Forget if you had that listed...

Will letabout know my thoughts about the mapping once tested.
Hi Steve,

I have a pretty cool idea for the 14th mode. Something that will be really killer, if I can get it to work.

Also just an update. My son and I have moved out of the living room and out into the public. We just did our second "gig" on Saturday. It was just a small B-Day, but it was fun and was an experience.

I must also report, my mapping is flawed. It definitely has a serious quirk in it, which I will try to find and also add the 14th mode. I am also taking out the TT effect in mode 2. I don't like it.

scamo

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy