VCI-100 Mapping Version 3_4 (Stable)

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI-100 Mapping Version 3_4 (Stable)Reply
VCI-100 Mapping Version 3_4 (Stable)
Posted on: 04.03.2010 by
Thanks for all your feedback on the last mapping. This new version is very stable and has fixed all of the known bugs. Some major things we changed:

• Improved the Pitch bend Performance
  • Fixed the Jog Wheel scratch bug
  • Improved Fader FX presets 3,4
  • Includes a version of the TSI that fixes the FX routing Glitch

Download the File here

Requirements
You must have Traktor 1.24 or later to use this file otherwise it will not import properly.

To Load this file
⁃ Select the BIG import button in the lower left hand corner of the preferences tab.

What Settings to Load

• MIDI: Everyone
• EFFECTS: Everyone (please load this file twice if you are using it for the first time to load the FX properly)
• LAYOUT: Only if you want the layout to change when switching decks from A/B to C/D. To customize your own, modify the layouts in position 1 and 3.
• ALL OTHER SETTINGS: Import these if you want the Pitch fader to be set to 8%, and for deck copy to work perfectly.

VIDEO TUTORIALS

BASIC CONTROLS, LOOPING AND 4 DECKS
FADER FX, SAMPLER AND MORE

Purchase the matching overlays

Known Issues for VCI-100 owners with firmware Version 1.2

• The “D” button in the FX section will not work as indicated.
• In Fader FX mode, the level fader's will not “freeze” effects as in version 1.3.
• The Sync button for Decks A and C will not properly light up when synced.

FX Routing Glitch
We have included a TSI file for users that are experiencing the FX routing glitch. This solves the problem but removes the ability to see your FX routing on the LED. The controls are the same but the buttons only display the FX status all the time. Only use the glitch FX fix file if you are having glitches while pressing route fx- its disables the route fx LEDs.
Shaquana Wesselhoff
@Chilly if it was in stock I would have done where d'you learn to drop lines like a Greek? lolol

(ah you are Greek lololol, ti malakas pou sai, den les tpt lololol)
Heidi Alred
Originally Posted by CodeMorse
Update:
Happened again on Deck A this time while using Slice only. this time the track stopped a la motor off while I was using Slice, the track just stopped as if I switched a deck off, when I hit play the track played backward very slowly and the tempowas jumping up and down, this only stopped when IU tapped the jog wheel
this exact same thing happened to me earlier toevening as well
Nick Ross
Get the 1.3fw re malaka!! j/k
Shaquana Wesselhoff
Just found something else that was really weird; was giving the Slice/Echo buttons a combo test (cutting up with slice and dropping echo at the end etc) and deck B went completely apeshit, as in Exorcist... pitch went -100%, phase meter was somewehre south of the bermuda triangle and sync button went on holiday, then all of deck b stopped responding to controller commands until i reset the pitch in TP with the mouse...

Update:
Happened again on Deck A this time while using Slice only. this time the track stopped a la motor off while I was using Slice, the track just stopped as if I switched a deck off, when I hit play the track played backward very slowly and the tempowas jumping up and down, this only stopped when IU tapped the jog wheel
Shaquana Wesselhoff
The FX glitch Fix TSI didnt do anything about the glitch for me, running TP 1.2.4 with FW 1.2 on VCI, Am I doing something wrong? Advise would be well appreciated
Dee Atondo
Agreed. If you are just controlling two decks and only using FX presets and the dedicated FX knobs it should be all right. (I really like the shift plus the FX knobs to scroll through the FX types.)

It is tricky and easy to lose track of, but I guess it is the whole theory behind controllerism and digital DJing. Condensing many functions into a smaller device or one knob (via modifiers, shift key or however you call it). I noticed after a few run-through the mapping wasn't nearly that intimidating. Ean made it complex, but not overly complex. At least the EQs and gain are constant.

I try to be really neurotic when playing--always turning off effects once I switched the track over. Moving filter, EQs, etc. back to their normal positions.
Danae Dumler
Originally Posted by BuckyDonePun
The one thing I wish would be fixed (if possible) would be to disengage all effects once you turn off Fader FX. Though easy to do manually, it would be a nice addition. ...

The only thing I would be concerned about it using this mapping in a club or other large setting. Has anyone used this live? I would be very reluctant to used fader fx (esp. in conjunction with another performance feature)--be too anxious about Traktor crapping out on me.
+1 on being able to turn off Fader FX automatically. My problem with using this live is not that it's unstable but that it is so damn powerful; you can easily hit the wrong effect (or start a song and forget to turn off FX) and it can take a sec to figure out what is going wrong. This is just a practice issue I believe though -- we'll see; I'm playing a gig the beginning of next month and I'm planning to use the new mapping then....
Paris PeeTee
Hi ALl

I have imported the Glitch fix Tsi but on Deck A the jog wheel responds like an CDJ you cant scratch with it on deck A only deck B once the file is playing you can scratch please advise!!!
Dee Atondo
Gave the new new new mapping (3_4) a thorough run through and its all good to me.

The one thing I wish would be fixed (if possible) would be to disengage all effects once you turn off Fader FX. Though easy to do manually, it would be a nice addition.

I have not had any really LED issues, but I try not to worry too much whether the lighting correlates exactly to what is going in the software. I rely on visual confirmation from inside Traktor.

The only thing I would be concerned about it using this mapping in a club or other large setting. Has anyone used this live? I would be very reluctant to used fader fx (esp. in conjunction with another performance feature)--be too anxious about Traktor crapping out on me.
Nick Ross
Originally Posted by flashflooder
That is correct. Unfortunately this is a casualty of fixing the fx route glitching noise that some people were experiencing. However, if you press FX Buttons A, B, C, or D while holding Route FX it will still apply that FX Bank to the corresponding Deck.
Yeah, I saw that...just wondered about the lights
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Chilly
When I route FX, the lights no longer light up when I hit 'route fx'. The did in the last version of the tsi.

I'm running the tsi that was in the subfolder FX Route Glitch.
That is correct. Unfortunately this is a casualty of fixing the fx route glitching noise that some people were experiencing. However, if you press FX Buttons A, B, C, or D while holding Route FX it will still apply that FX Bank to the corresponding Deck.
Nick Ross
When I route FX, the lights no longer light up when I hit 'route fx'. The did in the last version of the tsi.

I'm running the tsi that was in the subfolder FX Route Glitch.
Brandy Suchoski
tried it. loved it. great job on the fix.
Olene Minyard
Also, just found that for some reason, as soon as I load this tsi, I can't set Traktor to record mixes!?
Olene Minyard
Originally Posted by one&2s
Perfect!! the headphone "shift" worked perfectly. Thanks so much man.

Everything else seems to work well except the LED's. When I use a few functions all the LED's twitch,
especially with the sampler.
Same here. When I turn sampler on, it make LEDs twitch. But it also increases one of the slicer paramters (pattern) to max, and when i let go it jumps bag to minimum. Seems to be doing two things at once.

Played with it lots more, and sync light/activation seems to be completely random, and does not always turn 'on', but rather just whilst the button is depressed sometimes. Can't quite figure when it happens. Seems very random.

Also, the effects switches don't seem to do anything, as do the effect knobs. I'm still getting used to the DJTT tsi though, so that may be me ballsing up!
Shaquana Wesselhoff
No sweat mate happy to help
Misty Roudabush
Originally Posted by CodeMorse
Bugger..... I got th LED sych problem too....

You need to use the headphone button as a "shift" for the corresponding deck to get the fx assignment i.e hold FX 1 and press headphone button on deck 1 to assign it, hope that helps. Personally I was nonplussed before I saw Ean do it on the vid. (That said I havent updated my tsi from DJTT since 2.4 I believe)

Perfect!! the headphone "shift" worked perfectly. Thanks so much man.

Everything else seems to work well except the LED's. When I use a few functions all the LED's twitch,
especially with the sampler.
Jasmine Flitter
Firmware 1.2
Loaded TSI File twice (input / output set to vestax vci-100)
importet (small button) midi fighter TSI (input / output set to midifughter)
changed 4 deck layout everything else default

I still have the jogwhell problem when droping cue points with SHIFT + JOGWHEEL pressed thet the JOGWHEEL acts like in scratchmode.

That FX routing thing could be more intuitive in my opinion ... (something like pressing a "Deck" button and FX Button 1,2,3,4 to asign an effect to that deck ... dont know)

And ! the tempobend on deck B/D is falsly asingned i had to remap it to the outer rim of the jog wheel !!!!!

anyway thanks for your effort.

regards mogh

Jolyn Brunello
first up praise.........the new efx rock.combined with juggles make me feel like the dj god that i never will be..

the problem riddiman said on page 1 of the topic is happening alot.when slicing,the tempo bend is slowing down the track while slice is enabled,when released the track plays at normal speed.i don't believe i even touched the outer rim but if i did its definately more responsive than it was because this never happened before.the overall feel of the tsi seems more solid i,e leds,fader fx.

also this tsi has tempo bend now (is this to remedy the jog scratch prob?)couldn,t get the shift jog function to work and guessing that its a casualty for jog scratch satisfaction.

i'm going to test everything today and will post thumbs up or down on the problems i've read about or encounter.

thanx guys

i can confirm that the red led preset lights all worked for me when pressed(extensively tested).i would urge all users that are testing this tsi to select vci in and out in preferences.i know about the lock up situation but if we all test it like this then it will be easier to diagnose the real problems.
Julissa Serrone
^^ yep the light stays on for whatever was the last effect set. Need to double hit the headphone button while also holding down the desired preset effect (1,2,3,4) and the light will change, stay lit and the fx will be set.

However Flash....i had the same freeze as in 3_3?
Danae Dumler
I'd really like to get the PLAY button behavior back to what it used to be -- e.g. go back to last cue point and keep playing rather than PLAY/PAUSE. Any easy way to change that?
Andera Meidl
Originally Posted by Bunford
* FX Presets don't seem to change anything with lights 1, 2 and 3 always off, just blinking when pressed. But light 4 seems to be always on for some reason.
The FX presets setup is a little bit odd, but here's what you need to do (if you already doing this, I don't know what's wrong tho)

Hold down one of the FX Preset buttons and while you are holding double press the monitor (headphone) buttons corresponding to the effects channel you want to change (left button is the 1st effect channel, right button is the 2nd effect channel). If you only press the monitor button once, it will change the effects in the channel but not the levels, pressing twice gets it all setup.
Dee Atondo
Did some mixing with my new VCI 100 SE and a Midi Fighter--work awesome in combination. Love having the extra controls. Everything seems to be working. Just need to do some more mixing.

And yes, make sure you have a fast computer this setup takes a lot of CPU. Recommendations: turn off all non-essential programs (including Itunes and everything else), turn off airport/wireless device, and turn off auto analyze/detect bpm on Traktor.

Will be messing around with it more, will post more soon.
Olene Minyard
Cool stuff. Loads better than a standar VCI 100 mapping now I've had time to fiddle with it.

I got some issues though. Not sure if they're personal or general, but my VCI is brand new so should be working fine. I'm using Traktor Pro 1.2.4 and VCI-100 1.2 firmware. The things I noticed so far are:

* FX Presets don't seem to change anything with lights 1, 2 and 3 always off, just blinking when pressed. But light 4 seems to be always on for some reason.
* Sync lights randomly turn green when pressed, rather than staying on. Also, sync within Traktor doesn't seem to 'activate', just flash on. So it seems the mapping it not telling it to 'latch' on, just turn on while the button is pressed. Seems to happen more on Deck 1 than Deck 2.
* The upper right corner 3 tiny knobs used for effects seem to change during use but as soon as I stop turning one, to turn one of the others, the one I let go rolls back to preset and doesn't 'hold'.
* Cancelling a cue doesn;t seem to work. Watched online tutorial just to check I was doing it right, but it seems I was and it just didn't delete the cue point for some reason.

Sorry if I sound like an ungrateful git, but I suppose it's best to lay out the glitches so you know what to mend!

However, I'm glad to report that using a Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop with 2GB RAM and 1.86GHz CELERON CPU (yes, I said Celeron!) with Audio2DJ and VCI 100 works faultlessly with the tsi, in terms of working hardware. There are no glitches, pops or anything and very, very low latency. This is using an additional 8GB SD card for ReadyBoost on a Windows 7 64bit machine. I even ran 4 tracks at the same time, running loops in some, effects on some and using the juggle feature, and still no crashes, pops or glitches, so all seems to perfectly fine here apart from the odd thing within the mapping, it seems.

Keep up the fab work. I'm loving the slicer!
Julissa Serrone
Froze Up again using Fader FX.

using OS X Snow Leopard, TP 1.2.4, VCI-100 with 1.3 fw.

Was using using Fader FX on my left deck, while crossfading to a new song. The fader fx button turned of on its own and I was still in fader fx. Pressed the button a few times nothing. Hit juggle mode and that worked. Checked the pitch faders and then my right deck the one playing when all yellow and no music was playing.
Shaquana Wesselhoff
Originally Posted by one&2s
I'm still having problems with the LED's and the FX on a VCI-100 standard with the firmware update and Traktor Version 1.24 The LED's aren't syncing with the beat and the FX slots aren't assigning to any decks. Any suggestions?
Bugger..... I got th LED sych problem too....

You need to use the headphone button as a "shift" for the corresponding deck to get the fx assignment i.e hold FX 1 and press headphone button on deck 1 to assign it, hope that helps. Personally I was nonplussed before I saw Ean do it on the vid. (That said I havent updated my tsi from DJTT since 2.4 I believe)
Shaquana Wesselhoff
Originally Posted by Tim Moore
Still got a problem I mentioned earlier in previous thread about mapping 3.3.
Firmware 1.2, TP 1.2.4
In Fader FX mode the Level faders act as Dry/Wet controls instead of switching FX 2 (say Delay unit) on/off and controlling it's amount (as shown in the video). Same with the Reverse function in the bottom of the Level faders - it just doesn't work.
-The level fader DOES NOT control the rate of effect parameter 2
Same here, plus a lot of buttons including Shift throw pops n clicks out the main channel, same setup 1.2 FW 1.2.4 any advice? particularly on the pops n clicks from juggle and shift plus heavy glitching with Route FX (the fx fix tsi didnt help unfortunately)
Roseanne Cheuk
Still got a problem I mentioned earlier in previous thread about mapping 3.3.
Firmware 1.2, TP 1.2.4
In Fader FX mode the Level faders act as Dry/Wet controls instead of switching FX 2 (say Delay unit) on/off and controlling it's amount (as shown in the video). Same with the Reverse function in the bottom of the Level faders - it just doesn't work.
-The level fader DOES NOT control the rate of effect parameter 2
Merlyn Komula
Thanx bro problem Solved!

Happy Mixing!

SS
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Sasha Solo
Hey Ean, dude great work! Love the new layout and the tsi!

Just one thing though if you can PLEASE post a way to change the (Jogwheel+Slice and the Jogwheel+Echo)

I Love the old way that the FX resets when activated the way above, its not too musically correct (for me anyway), to have the FX (Jogwheel+Slice and the Jogwheel+Echo) stay in the same position as the user leaves it last!

If you can please just post a way to change this option, personally I love the reset of the slice or echo FX! Theres just a better flow about it, and more control of the output sound from beginning to end!

So if its possible I have asked for this before, please post a way to change your tsi 3_41 to reset the FX (Jogwheel+Slice and the Jogwheel+Echo) once pressed!
The only effect parameter that doesn't reset is the "Buzz" in the Slicer when using the SLICE instant fx button. The parameters reset in the ECHO instant fx. Instead of posting an alternate tsi, I'll let you know two easy ways to get around this.

1) Use the "Glitch" knob next to the Sampler button to change/reset the "Buzz" value after you've used SLICE to set it up for where you want it to be next time you press SLICE. This way you can get the best of both worlds.

However, if you want to actually change the tsi for a more responsive and permanent SLICE Buzz solution you should add two lines to the tsi as follows:

2) To make it easy, sort thru the comments and look for "SLICE set Style to zero". There should be "Effect Param 2, FX3 controls for Ch1. Notes D3 and F#3". You are going to want to mirror these two lines except for Effect Param 1, which in this case is "Buzz" for the Slicer.

The two lines you should add will read in the Assignment table as follows:
Control:Effect Param 1
I/O: In
Assignment: FX Unit 3
Mode: Direct
Mapped to: Ch.1 Note D3/Ch.1 Note F#3 (D3 is the Deck A/C Slice and F#3 is Deck B/D Slice)
Cond1: M3=0
Set to Value: 0.000 (you may need to move your mouse into the Set to Value section and click and drag the value to get it to actually go to 0.000)

Voila! If there are any questions or confusion, let me know and I'll try to help.
Misty Roudabush
I'm still having problems with the LED's and the FX on a VCI-100 standard with the firmware update and Traktor Version 1.24 The LED's aren't syncing with the beat and the FX slots aren't assigning to any decks. Any suggestions?
Merlyn Komula
Hey Ean, dude great work! Love the new layout and the tsi!

Just one thing though if you can PLEASE post a way to change the (Jogwheel+Slice and the Jogwheel+Echo)

I Love the old way that the FX resets when activated the way above, its not too musically correct (for me anyway), to have the FX (Jogwheel+Slice and the Jogwheel+Echo) stay in the same position as the user leaves it last!

If you can please just post a way to change this option, personally I love the reset of the slice or echo FX! Theres just a better flow about it, and more control of the output sound from beginning to end!

So if its possible I have asked for this before, please post a way to change your tsi 3_41 to reset the FX (Jogwheel+Slice and the Jogwheel+Echo) once pressed!

thanx man!

P.S. I have been following you guys for some time now, and this new tsi and layout is def one of the best you guys have come up with!

Happy Mixxing!
Khalilah Srp
thanx djtt crew!!!! just got my overlay, arcade buttons and black knobs. gotta take my vci a part this weekend to install it all and put some nice flashy leds in there too.
and with the new and improved tsi, i will get a whole new machine!!! thnx again!!
Rosaura Bergholz
Originally Posted by Bunford
I use Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and downloaded and unzipped fine. And opened up fine in Traktor. Not had time to test it yet though (but I'm using on a 1.2 at the moment).
The "download here" link works fine, it's just the link in the "attached files" box at the bottom of the post that's corrupt. Trying now...

-kb
Heidi Alred
Wooo! Thanks Ean, can't wait to try this out when I get home..
Broderick Vagner
When i import this File the MIDI mapping box isnt checked, and it wont allow me to check it. only the 2_4 file will let me do it. i have traktor pro 1.2.4 with new VCI-100se. any ideas? thanks.
Shaquana Wesselhoff
though all that said the map seems to work beautifully for the most part, loving the slice and echo buttons, though at one point my vci did freeze up taking traktor with it (switched of the controller and traktor came back )

Route FX sends traktor a bit bonkers even with the FX Route glitch fix...
Shaquana Wesselhoff
I'm not very good with the vci mapping quite yet (only just got the overlay at last and waiting for the upgrade kit to come back into stock) but checking out the tutorial for the latest mapping i noticed the in fader FX both the jog and the fader control the same parameter, on my 1.2 version fader and jog both control dry/wet on FX 1&2, also Juggle and shift buttons seem to cause pops and clicks, is this due to my 1.2 firmware, or coulde it be to do with the mapping?
Olene Minyard
Originally Posted by Kundabuffer
I'm getting errors uncompressing the file on Win7 64. Download says the file is invalid and a manual uncompress reports no files in the zip.

-kb
I use Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and downloaded and unzipped fine. And opened up fine in Traktor. Not had time to test it yet though (but I'm using on a 1.2 at the moment).
Augusta Vereecke
Great work so far the fx glitch is gone however I believe there's another bug. I've tried both 3.4 and 3.4 fx route glitch fix tsi. The problem is if you engage the pitch bend (outer jog wheel) and press the slice button at the same time the tempo of the song starts to increase or decrease and will not return to normal until you tap the jog wheel.
Again thanks in advance to Ean and everyone in the DJTT community for the great work that is being done here.

I'm using windows vista on a lenovo 2.4 intel core 2 duo with 3g. of ram.
traktor pro 1.24 ,dj audio 8, vci-100 1.3 firmware.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy