VCI-100 Mapping Version 3_4 (Stable)

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI-100 Mapping Version 3_4 (Stable)Reply
VCI-100 Mapping Version 3_4 (Stable)
Posted on: 04.03.2010 by
Thanks for all your feedback on the last mapping. This new version is very stable and has fixed all of the known bugs. Some major things we changed:

• Improved the Pitch bend Performance
  • Fixed the Jog Wheel scratch bug
  • Improved Fader FX presets 3,4
  • Includes a version of the TSI that fixes the FX routing Glitch

Download the File here

Requirements
You must have Traktor 1.24 or later to use this file otherwise it will not import properly.

To Load this file
⁃ Select the BIG import button in the lower left hand corner of the preferences tab.

What Settings to Load

• MIDI: Everyone
• EFFECTS: Everyone (please load this file twice if you are using it for the first time to load the FX properly)
• LAYOUT: Only if you want the layout to change when switching decks from A/B to C/D. To customize your own, modify the layouts in position 1 and 3.
• ALL OTHER SETTINGS: Import these if you want the Pitch fader to be set to 8%, and for deck copy to work perfectly.

VIDEO TUTORIALS

BASIC CONTROLS, LOOPING AND 4 DECKS
FADER FX, SAMPLER AND MORE

Purchase the matching overlays

Known Issues for VCI-100 owners with firmware Version 1.2

• The “D” button in the FX section will not work as indicated.
• In Fader FX mode, the level fader's will not “freeze” effects as in version 1.3.
• The Sync button for Decks A and C will not properly light up when synced.

FX Routing Glitch
We have included a TSI file for users that are experiencing the FX routing glitch. This solves the problem but removes the ability to see your FX routing on the LED. The controls are the same but the buttons only display the FX status all the time. Only use the glitch FX fix file if you are having glitches while pressing route fx- its disables the route fx LEDs.
Doug Bieling
Originally Posted by kea
Hey guys, maybe it was already asked here for million times but let me repeat it once again. Is Dj TT working on new mapping for traktor2? Or is it pointless due to s4 was released?
Thanks in advance!
Theyve already done one havent they. It was slipped in kind of under the radar by midi fiddler wasnt it?

or did i dream that?
Renae Stolk
Originally Posted by EanGolden
This Glitch that some people are experiencing is exclusive to windows users. Mac systems use a different midi system that is more robust and appears to perform better. We have not had a single report of the issue on a mac machine.
Actually I ran across 2 things that aren't working like they should i'm using a Macbook mac OS X 10.5.8, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 2GB DDR2 SDRAM
with Traktor Pro 1.2.4 and VCI100-SE I have reloaded the 1.4 MAC .tsi file 2 times and everything seems to work great. Tho the only thing thats doesn't seem quite right is the echo button on both decks will will activate (FLN-F) Flanger Flux instead of Delay. And I also notice that when I tap the FX Type button it DOESN'T go into Advance FX Mode. How can I go about fixing this do i need to change the effect for the button by changing the .tsi file. If so how do I do that?

thanks,
Mike
Suellen Ianelli
This Glitch that some people are experiencing is exclusive to windows users. Mac systems use a different midi system that is more robust and appears to perform better. We have not had a single report of the issue on a mac machine.
did you forward the issue to ni? maybe they are able to do something about it. not that it's that much of a problem, but if it can be fixed then it should be .
Sindy Babecki
Do these mappings work on the standard VCI-100 MK2 model?
Doug Bieling
Originally Posted by kea
Hey guys, maybe it was already asked here for million times but let me repeat it once again. Is Dj TT working on new mapping for traktor2? Or is it pointless due to s4 was released?
Thanks in advance!
Theyve already done one havent they. It was slipped in kind of under the radar by midi fiddler wasnt it?

or did i dream that?
Lizabeth Peight
WHEN???????

;o)

when it's done i know.
Guys I would absolutely LOVE you to kick the S4s ass.... so come on, please pull a rabbit out of the hat!
Matha Obray
Yes.
Christene Bruscino
Thanks in advance!
Renae Stolk
Actually I ran across 2 things that aren't working like they should i'm using a Macbook mac OS X 10.5.8, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 2GB DDR2 SDRAM
with Traktor Pro 1.2.4 and VCI100-SE I have reloaded the 1.4 MAC .tsi file 2 times and everything seems to work great. Tho the only thing thats doesn't seem quite right is the echo button on both decks will will activate (FLN-F) Flanger Flux instead of Delay. And I also notice that when I tap the FX Type button it DOESN'T go into Advance FX Mode. How can I go about fixing this do i need to change the effect for the button by changing the .tsi file. If so how do I do that?

thanks,
Mike
Jama Goodison
Hey guys, sorry if this has been covered......
Is it possible to stop the mouse/cursor selecting the "track search" box when entering or leaving full page browser? This is a real pain as I use some keyboard commands when playing out and unless I click with the mouse anywhere on screen my keyboard commands appear in the search box.

Sorry, I'm a lazy dumb ass, found it.....
Elnora Wisegarver
Ok after reloaded like 8 times i finally got it all working yeahhhhhh now works just like video and using 3.5 .Now the only thing is vol is not vol it is wet and dry on fx 2
Elnora Wisegarver
I loaded and reloaded restarted and I still dont work my fx like in the video whats going on . How do i get mine to do it. Running traktor 1.2.4 vci100 version 1.3 just upgraded firmware Dell insperon 4gig mem 500ghd my latecency is between 150 and 175 have not crashed once froze up but no crash .running game boost and system mech to shut down all background programs .The cpu on top of traktor i cant even see little tiny blue hardly none at all . what am I doing wrong . watched video like 10 times just wont do it please helpppppppp
Marcene Erkenbrack
Just a heads up, 3.5 is out yeh?

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=12739
Elnora Wisegarver
Ok I have had several of the problems mentioned I go bonkers when i hit sample and slice , my tempo rises for no reason and i have to use the headphone as a shift .How do you play back the sample and my volume main is not working it is wet and dry on fx 2 .Other then that im loving it when all the bugs are out this will be great . I am ordering the overlay .
Suellen Ianelli
did you forward the issue to ni? maybe they are able to do something about it. not that it's that much of a problem, but if it can be fixed then it should be .

Suellen Ianelli
Originally Posted by flashflooder
You are correct and this is something worth looking into. However, I should clarify that in the FX_FIX tsi, the Route FX functionality to turn the FX bank on/off each Deck works the same, the LEDs on the FX buttons just don't light up as this required a large dump of Midi data (causing the noises).
i get the idea . were there any reports about the issue from mac users yet?
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by sno
i am aware of this workaround and am using it. but removing functionality is not a fix .
You are correct and this is something worth looking into. However, I should clarify that in the FX_FIX tsi, the Route FX functionality to turn the FX bank on/off each Deck works the same, the LEDs on the FX buttons just don't light up as this required a large dump of Midi data (causing the noises).
Doug Bieling
By the sounds of it the fix is to get a laptop that can handle it, but which laptop and what config is the burning question, that i feel can never be answered.

Find someone who has one thats working fine and replicate exactly
Suellen Ianelli
Originally Posted by flashflooder
If you download the latest mapping you should noticed that there are two TSIs "VCI-1003_4" and "VCI-1003_4 (FX FIX)". The TSIs are essentially the same except the "FX FIX" removes the functionality of the FX A/B/C/D Buttons lighting up (to correspond to Decks that the FX bank is active on) when holding the "Route FX" button. Removing this functionality corresponded with people no longer experiencing the Route FX clicking noise that some have encountered.
i am aware of this workaround and am using it. but removing functionality is not a fix .
Edris Acevedo
I had the same issue with my controller freezing after using fader FX mode. I also had the problem whereby the BPM rises up to a stupid amount after using the slice and echo hot keys. I recently bought the new overlay but won't be applying it until there is a stable version of this TSI as its too buggy at the moment. Once it is sorted though it will rock.
Melody Prang
I
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by calvin01
@flashflooder

i've noticed if i have a track on deck b playing at 131 bpm and on deck a the aerodynamic track that ean posted in another thread.i set up effect preset 4 and double tap the headphone of b and route to only deck a.i then select the effect 2 for control with the knobs at the top right of the vci.i have juggle 1-4 selected.so deck b is looped (simple breakbeat) and i hit deck A juggle 1,i then press the button to turn on the gater(the 4th and last button along)and move deck A jog back and forth whilst twisting the gater knob and hitting juggles 1-4 it freezes the vci.(it only seems to freeze as im twisting the knob and moving the jog back and forth.not after i press a juggle button.)happens alot,would say between 1 m and 4mins of use.(i tend to hit 1 with gater at 1/4 note pull back the platter then release platter and twist to 1/8 then pull back platter and start twisting and scratching with the jog.(i've not tried to re-create this the opposite way round though.)

also the single effect preset(shift and 4th button)for echo.the dry/wet knob cancels out the freeze function.i.e if i press the freeze button and turn the dry/wet knob it turns off freeze.

i've explained this as informed as i can so hope it is clear and simple to anyone who wants to try it.

rest of it has worked flawlessly for me.(not even pops and crackles!!)

thanx

edit:-the clicking/glitchy sound was down to my usb cable.djtt usb cable recommended.
Calvin, thanks for your input. I tried to replicate making the controller freeze under your Juggle+Jog+FX Knob scenario but I couldn't get my controller to fail under those circumstances. I'm not sure exactly what's going on there except that all those actions result in a lot of midi data transfer and it could just be too much for your computer/controller to handle. I hope this isn't the case though and that you can find a way around it.

As for the delay dry/wet freeze issue, I was able to replicate that and will be investigating a fix for it very soon as I can see how it could be a big problem. Great find. Thanks for the feedback.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by CodeMorse
Also can you provide some feedback about pops and clicks when using juggle 1-8 and shift buttons? (I believe i posted about it but my memory is more of a rough guide of events atm) but yeah no matter when I press them fader up or down etc i get pops n clicks, this one has had me up the wall, there's nothing worse than declicking 2 hour minimal tech sets in something like Soundforge...
I will take note of it but unfortunately I don't have a concrete solution for you as the click/pops seem to vary widely depending on your computer setup (I can't replicate it on mine but have heard similar stories). Some have been able to fix these noises by raising their audio latency, others by using the Bomes program to route their midi.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by dillinger23
Hey Ean, having a problem with PRO 1 2 4. I have the original overlays (V2) and have been trying to use tsi 2.4 and 2.5 with the latest update of traktor. Both are behaving weirdly, lights are not working, etc. Bearing in mind the V2 overlays, and the 2.4/2.5 tsi's do i need to restore to good old 1 2 1/ 1 2 2 to get full use, or am i being thick somewhere.. (always a fair chance of that). Can you give me a definitive answer on which release of Pro 1.2 will work best with the V2 overlay and the tsi's i've got. many many thanks.
Traktor 1.2.4 seems to have some issues with older TSIs that were created on older models of Traktor (now that 1.2.4 has some new mapping options). This is probably why you are experiencing strange behavior with VCI-100 2.4/2.5 mappings on Pro 1.2.4.

I have not checked to be able to verify it for you, but I believe that the older mappings should work fine on Traktor Pro models before 1.2.4 (like your 1.2.2 for example).
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by marri
I thought this was product support? Please help.

best
- Marri
Marri, it sounds like you are having problems importing the tsi correctly since many others have used the tsi and not experienced the issues you have described. If Phil's recommendations didn't help you out please let us know so we can figure out where you are having difficulties.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by sno
any news on the route fx glitch? i'm experiencing this with both an ni audio2dj and the korg zero4 firewire interface on a dell vostro 1310 core2 duo notebook.
If you download the latest mapping you should noticed that there are two TSIs "VCI-1003_4" and "VCI-1003_4 (FX FIX)". The TSIs are essentially the same except the "FX FIX" removes the functionality of the FX A/B/C/D Buttons lighting up (to correspond to Decks that the FX bank is active on) when holding the "Route FX" button. Removing this functionality corresponded with people no longer experiencing the Route FX clicking noise that some have encountered.
Suellen Ianelli
any news on the route fx glitch? i'm experiencing this with both an ni audio2dj and the korg zero4 firewire interface on a dell vostro 1310 core2 duo notebook.
Corine Kasman

best
- Marri
I'll give it a try: Try reloading this TSI. Then make sure to set the In-Port and Out-Port for the VCI to the VCI. Close Traktor. Restart Traktor, reset all the controls (get the line faders to read, move the cross fader and tempo sliders, touch the platters). Close Traktor. Restart Traktor and try playing as you would.

This is a quick summary of what Flashflood wrote a page or two back. Traktor seems to need to read the TSI a couple of times to get synced properly.

Let us know if this sorted you out.

Phil.
Willena Puffpaff
My setup is very buggy to say the least. Similar to the one described above.

Too bad I don't understand his solution?!?

For example. A simple task like loop 8 active doesn't even work. The "active" and "in" buttons lights up when I press the controller but the loop doesn't stay active.

Actually it didn't work in the previous mapping as well.

Also, many of the lights on the controller don't match the state in Traktor.

I don't even wanna go into the FX routing yet.

Anyone know what might be the problem?

Thanks in advance.
- M.
---

My setup is:
Mac OS X
Version 10.5.8
Memory: 4GB
Traktor version: 1.2.4

best
- Marri
Roseanne Cheuk
Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole
Hi Tim

Your reverse problem at the bottom of the faders is due to using FW 1.2 i believe. The note which gives that function was added as part of the 1.3 FW.

Sorry if this has been asnwered already.

Gav
MisterMoleyMole
Thank you for the answer. You were the only one to do it. Seems it's time to get FW 1.3
Doug Bieling
Originally Posted by Tim Moore
Still got a problem I mentioned earlier in previous thread about mapping 3.3.
Firmware 1.2, TP 1.2.4
In Fader FX mode the Level faders act as Dry/Wet controls instead of switching FX 2 (say Delay unit) on/off and controlling it's amount (as shown in the video). Same with the Reverse function in the bottom of the Level faders - it just doesn't work.
-The level fader DOES NOT control the rate of effect parameter 2
Hi Tim

Your reverse problem at the bottom of the faders is due to using FW 1.2 i believe. The note which gives that function was added as part of the 1.3 FW.

Sorry if this has been asnwered already.

Gav
Quiana Mahnken
hi mine crashes after 1 hour no cross fade have imported old mapp
Lizabeth Peight
Hey Ean, having a problem with PRO 1 2 4. I have the original overlays (V2) and have been trying to use tsi 2.4 and 2.5 with the latest update of traktor. Both are behaving weirdly, lights are not working, etc. Bearing in mind the V2 overlays, and the 2.4/2.5 tsi's do i need to restore to good old 1 2 1/ 1 2 2 to get full use, or am i being thick somewhere.. (always a fair chance of that). Can you give me a definitive answer on which release of Pro 1.2 will work best with the V2 overlay and the tsi's i've got. many many thanks.
Lizabeth Peight
hey guys, trying to get an answer, i have the original overlays and 1.3 firmware and 1.2.4. which is the most recent/best/most bug free .tsi file? again for original overlays, not new overlays.
Yulanda Garciaruiz
Originally Posted by minimal
yeah, that might be the problem. i don't believe the latest version of traktor supports 10.4. Do yourself a favour & get the mac upgrade for $30. It works from 10.4 too (even though they say it doesn't on the package).

cheers,
sorry i was wrong..i've got 10.6.2 version and traktor pro..infact the Default setting for Vestax VCI 100 in trak pro does WORKS!!!! any ideas???
Suzanna Paddock
Originally Posted by gauss dj
I've got many problems here with TRAKTOR PRO istalled in Mac Osx 10.4 ...
yeah, that might be the problem. i don't believe the latest version of traktor supports 10.4. Do yourself a favour & get the mac upgrade for $30. It works from 10.4 too (even though they say it doesn't on the package).

cheers,
Yulanda Garciaruiz
Thanks for all your feedback on the last mapping. This new version is very stable and has fixed all of the known bugs. Some major things we changed:

• Improved the Pitch bend Performance
  • Fixed the Jog Wheel scratch bug
  • Improved Fader FX presets 3,4
  • Includes a version of the TSI that fixes the FX routing Glitch

Download the File here

Requirements
You must have Traktor 1.24 or later to use this file otherwise it will not import properly.

To Load this file
⁃ Select the BIG import button in the lower left hand corner of the preferences tab.

What Settings to Load

Elida Ekenstam
i'm having problem with the sampler
it seems that it doesnt really "record" the first part of my sample

example
i have 4 cues ready (deck b)
i select the sampler button
activate it for deck b
and press the 4 cues buttons in 1,2,3 order alongside the beat of deck A

when i later cranck up the volume of the sampler the first cue is almost always missing and the sound quality is very weird on cue #2.

anybody else have this problem

macbook
osx snow leopard latest
traktor 1.24
latest mapping
vci arcade
10ms
Willena Puffpaff
Originally Posted by obri3n
Ok, Just got my Custom VCI100... Loaded up the new 1.003_4 mapping, into traktor pro 1.2.4...

Things dont work right on my mapping...

My loops active button doesnt work, doesnt stay toggled.

My juggle 1-4 / 5-8 buttons stop playback etc...

I can see fx routing

ANyone having similar problems?

----

I knew I would figure it out eventually...

The latest Traktor preferences looks a little different...

On the input and output I had it set on all ports. WRONG

Vestax in and out, SORTED :]

Any known fix
My setup is very buggy to say the least. Similar to the one described above.

Too bad I don't understand his solution?!?

For example. A simple task like loop 8 active doesn't even work. The "active" and "in" buttons lights up when I press the controller but the loop doesn't stay active.

Actually it didn't work in the previous mapping as well.

Also, many of the lights on the controller don't match the state in Traktor.

I don't even wanna go into the FX routing yet.

Anyone know what might be the problem?

Thanks in advance.
- M.
---

My setup is:
Mac OS X
Version 10.5.8
Memory: 4GB
Traktor version: 1.2.4

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.