VCI-100 Mapping Version 3_4 (Stable)

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI-100 Mapping Version 3_4 (Stable)Reply
VCI-100 Mapping Version 3_4 (Stable)
Posted on: 04.03.2010 by
Thanks for all your feedback on the last mapping. This new version is very stable and has fixed all of the known bugs. Some major things we changed:

• Improved the Pitch bend Performance
  • Fixed the Jog Wheel scratch bug
  • Improved Fader FX presets 3,4
  • Includes a version of the TSI that fixes the FX routing Glitch

Download the File here

Requirements
You must have Traktor 1.24 or later to use this file otherwise it will not import properly.

To Load this file
⁃ Select the BIG import button in the lower left hand corner of the preferences tab.

What Settings to Load

• MIDI: Everyone
• EFFECTS: Everyone (please load this file twice if you are using it for the first time to load the FX properly)
• LAYOUT: Only if you want the layout to change when switching decks from A/B to C/D. To customize your own, modify the layouts in position 1 and 3.
• ALL OTHER SETTINGS: Import these if you want the Pitch fader to be set to 8%, and for deck copy to work perfectly.

VIDEO TUTORIALS

BASIC CONTROLS, LOOPING AND 4 DECKS
FADER FX, SAMPLER AND MORE

Purchase the matching overlays

Known Issues for VCI-100 owners with firmware Version 1.2

• The “D” button in the FX section will not work as indicated.
• In Fader FX mode, the level fader's will not “freeze” effects as in version 1.3.
• The Sync button for Decks A and C will not properly light up when synced.

FX Routing Glitch
We have included a TSI file for users that are experiencing the FX routing glitch. This solves the problem but removes the ability to see your FX routing on the LED. The controls are the same but the buttons only display the FX status all the time. Only use the glitch FX fix file if you are having glitches while pressing route fx- its disables the route fx LEDs.
Mister Minsk
Hi Ean

I Would like To Be Able To Select Deck Focus From The VCI-100.

Here Are 2 Suggestions For This:
1) Auto Focus a Deck As It Is Loaded.
2) Use DeckC Button To Toggle Focus Between Decks A/C,
Use DeckD Button To Toggle Focus Between B/D.

Hope You Can Implement This For Me
Thanks
The Duelist
Nick Ross
you need to hold the platter down so that FRZ is lit. It's hit or miss for me to be honest.

Originally Posted by DJ Digital Demon
any reason why my echo doesnt echo, lol, if i try to do an echo fade, and stop the track, teh track STOPS, no echo out
You need to continue pressing/holding the 'echo' button down. The effect, unfortunately, doesn't continue if you let go of it. It's a momentary switch so to speak. It might be more effective for some users if it behaved as a 'toggle' switch, something i've thought about, but haven't tried to modify and practice the actual effectiveness of that ideal in a performance setting.
Jolyn Brunello
@flashflooder

i've noticed if i have a track on deck b playing at 131 bpm and on deck a the aerodynamic track that ean posted in another thread.i set up effect preset 4 and double tap the headphone of b and route to only deck a.i then select the effect 2 for control with the knobs at the top right of the vci.i have juggle 1-4 selected.so deck b is looped (simple breakbeat) and i hit deck A juggle 1,i then press the button to turn on the gater(the 4th and last button along)and move deck A jog back and forth whilst twisting the gater knob and hitting juggles 1-4 it freezes the vci.(it only seems to freeze as im twisting the knob and moving the jog back and forth.not after i press a juggle button.)happens alot,would say between 1 m and 4mins of use.(i tend to hit 1 with gater at 1/4 note pull back the platter then release platter and twist to 1/8 then pull back platter and start twisting and scratching with the jog.(i've not tried to re-create this the opposite way round though.)

also the single effect preset(shift and 4th button)for echo.the dry/wet knob cancels out the freeze function.i.e if i press the freeze button and turn the dry/wet knob it turns off freeze.

i've explained this as informed as i can so hope it is clear and simple to anyone who wants to try it.

rest of it has worked flawlessly for me.(not even pops and crackles!!)

thanx

edit:-the clicking/glitchy sound was down to my usb cable.djtt usb cable recommended.
Harlan Beith
any reason why my echo doesnt echo, lol, if i try to do an echo fade, and stop the track, teh track STOPS, no echo out
Suzanna Paddock
Originally Posted by flashflooder
Is this something you've been able to repeat? I've never experienced this and it's hard to say why it may be happening unless you have an idea of a pattern that's causing it (I tried Slice on the Right deck a bunch of times but couldn't get your results).
first off, I don't know if this has got anything to do with it, but I play on 4 decks, alot.

Playing around with the mapping, i found that pressing shift (more than once) usually unfreezes the vci. (I have raised the latency to 15ms & haven't had a major crash since.)

Also, I was unable to revive the vci like flashflooder suggested by turning it on/off. once it's turned off/on traktor stops recognizing the vci.

hope this helps isolating the bug, cause we like this mapping.
Rochell Ulvestad
Well my bugs have seem to gone away. The only thing I did different was reload traktor and the vci multiple times and touched all the buttons on the vci. The only major bug I still have is the tempo bending with the slice/echo and top right sampler button.
Shaquana Wesselhoff
Originally Posted by flashflooder
I've confirmed that this is a bug that will be fixed in the next release. If you are tempo bending with the outer wheel and press Slice or Echo while the tempo is still moving, it will cause the tempo to shoot to 0% or 100%. If you press Play after, it either jumps to 100% or starts playing backwards.

If you encounter this bug, the easiest way to get out of it is to quickly click the highlighted arrow (to the right of Sync and Master) in Traktor after you realize it occurred.
Hey flashflooder thank you for the feedback there, after GusGus "Hateful" decided to go to 256bpm (AAAAAA!!!!) toevening and almost gave me a heart attack, I noticed that tapping the jogwheel (like when using Echo freeze function) seems to reset it, the thing is i am a little loathe to provide feedback since i still have the 1.2FW and it may well be messing with the tsi (?). Also can you provide some feedback about pops and clicks when using juggle 1-8 and shift buttons? (I believe i posted about it but my memory is more of a rough guide of events atm) but yeah no matter when I press them fader up or down etc i get pops n clicks, this one has had me up the wall, there's nothing worse than declicking 2 hour minimal tech sets in something like Soundforge...
Thomasine Mailhiot
i also got this problem with pitch bend -100% , looks like its still not stable, i still believeing about using a 3.0 , so many bugs ... my MF also freeze ... whats is software or hardware problems?hope to get some support from DJTT.
Corine Kasman
@remax

Until you get your overlay:

If you have a Silver VCI, just remove the Original plates and write on the face above/below the button/knob the function (I used mine like this for quite some time while I too waited for the overlay).

If you have a Black SE, use small pieces of masking tape and put them above/below the button/knob. Now write the function on the masking tape. Remove when you get your overlay.

Enjoy, Phil.

P.S. This is not the right thread for this.
Winford Conell
I am still waiting for my overlay on the house..
It's like waiting forever. I'd love to use the new mapping, but it is no fun without the complimentary overlay.
Jodi Lacerra
For those who have been experiencing the LEDs becoming unresponsive, the best bet is to turn the controller off and then back on. After turning it back on, you may need to press the Route FX button and it should reset all of the LEDs to their proper state.

For people getting Fader FX to freeze their controller, you may also need to turn the controller back on and off. However, it would be nice if those who are experiencing it can try to find some sort of pattern to see if it is a tsi issue. Otherwise, read on for a bug tip below.

The only related bug I know of is that on some people's machines, a combination of the Slice and Echo buttons in Fader FX mode will throw one of the modifiers out of whack (making a lot of the buttons not function as they are supposed to). From my investigation, for those who experience this, it only occurs on sometimes the first and more frequently the second time you have Traktor open after loading the tsi.

If you are playing live with this tsi and aren't sure if you have this bug but want to be safe, after you load the tsi, you should close Traktor, open it again, close it again, and from here on out it should work. If you ever reload the tsi, you will have to do all the closing and opening again. Don't ask me to explain why. It is truly bizarre and unexplainable as of now. Hope this helps.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by minimal
Again, I had buttons on my right deck not responding (loop & sync) after a couple of shots of the slice button on that deck. I hadn't even used the fader fx yet.

Not a happy camper...

I would love to get some feedback from the DJTT mods. Is this something you are aware of? working on? what's the deal.

I have the latest traktor pro (not scratch), fw 1.3, audio8 (11.5 latency), macbook with 10.6 snowlep.
Is this something you've been able to repeat? I've never experienced this and it's hard to say why it may be happening unless you have an idea of a pattern that's causing it (I tried Slice on the Right deck a bunch of times but couldn't get your results).
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Bunford
When I try to set cue points, the jog wheels 'scratches' when touched, instead of just setting the cue point
This is a known issue that may be fixed in the next revision. If you want to set cue points on the fly while the deck is running and like this way of doing it, it is best to turn Scratch off momentarily and then do it. Otherwise, Juggle Modes are good for quick Cue Point setting.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by CodeMorse
Just found something else that was really weird; was giving the Slice/Echo buttons a combo test (cutting up with slice and dropping echo at the end etc) and deck B went completely apeshit, as in Exorcist... pitch went -100%, phase meter was somewehre south of the bermuda triangle and sync button went on holiday, then all of deck b stopped responding to controller commands until i reset the pitch in TP with the mouse...

Update:
Happened again on Deck A this time while using Slice only. this time the track stopped a la motor off while I was using Slice, the track just stopped as if I switched a deck off, when I hit play the track played backward very slowly and the tempowas jumping up and down, this only stopped when IU tapped the jog wheel
I've confirmed that this is a bug that will be fixed in the next release. If you are tempo bending with the outer wheel and press Slice or Echo while the tempo is still moving, it will cause the tempo to shoot to 0% or 100%. If you press Play after, it either jumps to 100% or starts playing backwards.

If you encounter this bug, the easiest way to get out of it is to quickly click the highlighted arrow (to the right of Sync and Master) in Traktor after you realize it occurred.
Justin Ratliff
I have the same issues with the sync button. I even have to reset Traktor now andf again to get them to work.
Jene Martley
Loving the ideas behind this TSI however im having a few issues which can be quite destructive in a set..

The issues i have with the tsi are:

*The Sync button will become unresponsive sometimes and needs to be pushed multiple times..

*If i use the Slice/Echo effects sometimes the decks will go bonkers on me.. for instance the tempo will quickly start raising itself to the max to the point where you cant even understand what the noise is.. other times it goes super slow or just starts playing in reverse and if the other deck is sync to it everything just goes crazy... Only way i found around it was not touching anything and the pushing play/stop to fix it.

*I also notice sometimes the LED start blinking on and off when pushing certain buttons.

Is there a fix happening for these?
Christie Husic
Originally Posted by Lay-Z
Wow, I can't believe you fixed the scratch bug!!! I thought it was a problem with my hardware! Thank you so much, this update is working wonders for me. My usb cable just arrived today to top it off. Ean you're THE MAN!
Not for me
I've got the scratch bug again ... only on the deck B.
Decks A/C/D work well.

the slice and echo effect work with a big bug also only on deck B.

But I love this mapping philosophy
Good job DJTT team ... but could you fix the tsi soon?
Andria Ciancia
Wow, I can't believe you fixed the scratch bug!!! I thought it was a problem with my hardware! Thank you so much, this update is working wonders for me. My usb cable just arrived today to top it off. Ean you're THE MAN!
Suzanna Paddock
Originally Posted by EliPsE
The shift function gets stuck randomly so anything that has a shift + knob/button is toggled.
I did a set on the TSI earlier.
-Reloaded it twice.
-Played around with the fader fx, slice, echo
-4 decks

Sometimes the loop/sync buttons would get unresponsive. Hitting shift/loop seemed to get them unstuck. So maybe there is a problem with the shift mapping....

Anyway, after about an hour of workout traktor crashed, bad. I had latency at 11.5. Will boost up latency & try again.

DJTT input would be nice.
Rochell Ulvestad
This latest tsi is NOT stable at all. I have been having major problems immediately from loading 3.4.
1: The cue buttons don't toggle cue + the leds don't turn on and off
2: None of the efx can be turned on with the 4 buttons.
The shift function gets stuck randomly so anything that has a shift + knob/button is toggled.
3. fader fx led stays off.

ugh I'll post more as I come across them.

Update: I also found something weird with the temp bend/pitch increasing/decreasing.
I sampled a couple bars with the sampler,then stopped the track that the sample was taken from. I started the track from the current position of where the sample was taken, and I get a strange pitch bending sound. It is sometimes pitched up or down. Anyone else come across this yet?

specs:
intel MBP OSX 10.5.8
Traktor 1.2.4 In/out ports set to vci controller.
VCI-100 Fw 1.3
Motu Ultralite
Nickole Krautbauer
it is seeing the VCI 100 because it comes up in the device menu just not in the in/out dropdowns. The VCI is controlling traktor
Suzanna Paddock
Again, I had buttons on my right deck not responding (loop & sync) after a couple of shots of the slice button on that deck. I hadn't even used the fader fx yet.

Not a happy camper...

I would love to get some feedback from the DJTT mods. Is this something you are aware of? working on? what's the deal.

I have the latest traktor pro (not scratch), fw 1.3, audio8 (11.5 latency), macbook with 10.6 snowlep.
Andera Meidl
Originally Posted by Slackman25
After loading the new TSI 3.4 onto Traktor 1.2.4 i can see the vci 100 in the device drop down but the only choices in the in and out drop downs are as follows:

None

All Ports

USB audio Device

What is the problem or what should i choose?
If you only have those options it sounds like your computer or Traktor isn't recognizing the VCI, make sure it's connected properly.
Laquita Coduto
I reloaded the mapping and messed around for about 30 min or so, everything worked fine. Gonna play some more later today for longer time. We'll see what happens.
Elida Ekenstam
Originally Posted by jthompsn
+1 on your first issue. Fader fx did the same to me yesterday, locked up, no button response. Hope this gets sorted out, love the flow of the mapping otherwise.
yeah i get the same problem

fix??!!
Nickole Krautbauer
After loading the new TSI 3.4 onto Traktor 1.2.4 i can see the vci 100 in the device drop down but the only choices in the in and out drop downs are as follows:

None

All Ports

USB audio Device

What is the problem or what should i choose?
Shaquana Wesselhoff
Same here-

Basically anything set to "relative" does a freak-out on first use. I believe this is a Traktor bug (not another one), not the mappings.

I have taken the habit of doing a first run on all my relative controls before starting a set...
I'm getting into that at the moment too, though I was hoping that the 1.3 fw would solve it, oh well
Suzanna Paddock
Same here-

Basically anything set to "relative" does a freak-out on first use. I believe this is a Traktor bug (not another one), not the mappings.

I have taken the habit of doing a first run on all my relative controls before starting a set...
Eleanore Neaville
Originally Posted by CodeMorse
With 2.4.tsi the filter and pitch fader funtions always jumped forward to max pitch or filter level when I first touched them after running traktor, and worked properly afterwards, as of 3.4 filters are sorted but pitch fader still jumps forward about 10bpm or so (i believe as far as the pf will go manually) on first contact.
With 1.3 fw pitch fader jumps too, аfter running traktor i reset pitch faders (hold SHIFT + move pitch). Also with 1.3 fw filter has new midi commands.
Shaquana Wesselhoff
Waiting to grab the vci upgrade next week so gonna try out the tsi with it then and see what happens, cos in all honesty I had some pop/click issues with certain buttons with the 2.4 tsi too.

A possible Issue. With 2.4.tsi the filter and pitch fader funtions always jumped forward to max pitch or filter level when I first touched them after running traktor, and worked properly afterwards, as of 3.4 filters are sorted but pitch fader still jumps forward about 10bpm or so (i believe as far as the pf will go manually) on first contact.

I thought it was due to me not having the 1.3 fw, with 2.4 tsi but now i got my doubts, is it some kind of bug with the tsi?
Eleanore Neaville
eh, after using FADER FX I have problems too. Once Traktor frozen, another time crashed.
Shaquana Wesselhoff
Originally Posted by obri3n
I knew I would figure it out eventually...

The latest Traktor preferences looks a little different...

On the input and output I had it set on all ports. WRONG

Vestax in and out, SORTED :]
I really wish I could say the same...
Nia Lindau
I knew I would figure it out eventually...

The latest Traktor preferences looks a little different...

On the input and output I had it set on all ports. WRONG

Vestax in and out, SORTED :]
Nia Lindau
Ok, Just got my Custom VCI100... Loaded up the new 1.003_4 mapping, into traktor pro 1.2.4...

Things dont work right on my mapping...

My loops active button doesnt work, doesnt stay toggled.

My juggle 1-4 / 5-8 buttons stop playback etc...

I can see fx routing

ANyone having similar problems?

Any known fix
Laquita Coduto
Loving the new mapping. Was kinda not wanting to upgrade because 2.4 mapping was nice but this is better!
The FX rework is fantastic. Having a lit fader fx is also quite good -less live FU then the last version.

Issues:
-whenever I play around with the Fader FX after a while the VCI stops getting LED messages. ie. Fader FX button doesn't turn off and any other buttons don't light up although they do what they're supposed to. Only fix is restarting Traktor.

-switching to deck c/d, if my sync/headphones are on on A/B they stay on & vice versa not showing the decks state.

-Is it possible to get a list of the FX banks? preset fx and ones in the fx section are just a mess. tried loading twice, nada. Would love to see the original fx combos.

Great Work DJTT!

Mac SnowLep, FW1.3, Audio 8....

PS. thanks for the comments in the controller mapping
+1 on your first issue. Fader fx did the same to me yesterday, locked up, no button response. Hope this gets sorted out, love the flow of the mapping otherwise.
Suzanna Paddock
Loving the new mapping. Was kinda not wanting to upgrade because 2.4 mapping was nice but this is better!
The FX rework is fantastic. Having a lit fader fx is also quite good -less live FU then the last version.

Issues:
-whenever I play around with the Fader FX after a while the VCI stops getting LED messages. ie. Fader FX button doesn't turn off and any other buttons don't light up although they do what they're supposed to. Only fix is restarting Traktor.

-switching to deck c/d, if my sync/headphones are on on A/B they stay on & vice versa not showing the decks state.

-Is it possible to get a list of the FX banks? preset fx and ones in the fx section are just a mess. tried loading twice, nada. Would love to see the original fx combos.

Great Work DJTT!

Mac SnowLep, FW1.3, Audio 8....

PS. thanks for the comments in the controller mapping
Olene Minyard
I had a couple of strange issues yesterday.

1) Cue Points
When I try to set cue points, the jog wheels 'scratches' when touched, instead of just setting the cue point

2) Strange effects/tempo
When I was using effects and then pressed Play/Pause, the pitch began going up and up until it got to max level. Only way to stop it and reset it was by not touching anything and pressing Play/Pause again. Then, when I pressed Sync on the other deck, it synced to the max pitch level instead of the reset pitch.
Marianne Steel
Hello,
I still got those odd sounds when I press: JUGGLE1-4, JUGGLE5-8 and FX TYPE. With VCI-1003_4(FX FIX).tis "ROUTE FX" seems to be fixed now.

- IBM Lenovo Laptop
- Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) (fresh installation without unwanted software)
- Intel Coe2Duo 8700
- 4GB RAM
- All unwanted devices disabled
- DPC latency (http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml) about 150
Justin Ratliff
Originally Posted by djproben
I'd really like to get the PLAY button behavior back to what it used to be -- e.g. go back to last cue point and keep playing rather than PLAY/PAUSE. Any easy way to change that?
+1
I really got used to the old way the play button worked.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy