Feature Requests for New DJTT TPro2 VCI-100 Mapping

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Feature Requests for New DJTT TPro2 VCI-100 MappingReply
Feature Requests for New DJTT TPro2 VCI-100 Mapping
Posted on: 07.04.2011 by Jodi Lacerra
The rumors are true that DJ Techtools does plan to create a new mapping and overlay for the VCI-100SE that utilizes most of the new functions available in Traktor Pro 2.

Although we have some ideas already, I wanted to poll the community for any features that you'd really like to see in our eventual new mapping. I will read through these and take them into account in my design discussions with Ean when I get to the point of physically mapping the VCI-100.

So let us know your thoughts because there is a good chance I'll try to integrate them!

For those interested in a version of the VCI-100SE 3.6.4 mapping for Traktor Pro2, please see this thread for download files and commenting: http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=28029
Ned Somerset
Something I would like to see is being able to control 1 decks cue points with all 8 arcade buttons aka simultaneously being able to play cues 1-4 5-8 without having to switch between the two. Its not really that big of a deal but its came up before where i wish i had the option. Ya I could map the cues to my MPD but I don't always bring my other controllers out with me. Other then that there isnt much I would change. The VCI100SE is a powerhorse! I would be very sad if DJTT ever decided they would no longer support such a sick controller. Ean Golden and the guys at DJTT IMO are the reason the VCI100 is still running strong today and for this I Thank You
Lizabeth Peight
hmmmmm... the problem with that is that at the moment the VCI stands alone as an all in one traktor pro controller.. but forgive me for saying you are - in theory at least - telling me I HAVE TO now buy a midi fighter to continue using my VCI... just sayin...
Suzanna Paddock
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Don't be foolish. Everyone needs a midifighter.
ATM I have a VCI + APC40. To say that I use both to full efficiency would be a lie. So many buttons, so many possibilities...

I also have a triggerfinger, which unlike the midifighter has touch sensitivity, but it's the summer project that keeps being pushed back.

So I want, but my brain is overloaded atm, the few nodules left are for the music (& the drugs ). MF will have to wait.

Can't wait for the new VCI mapping though.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Bunford
No need for a Midifigher for me (yet, at least!).
Don't be foolish. Everyone needs a midifighter.
Olene Minyard
Sadly we can't just assume that everyone who has a VCI also has a midifighter. Although they all should, come on guys, get your acts together!
Personally, I'm using a VCI-100 and a Launchpad. No need for a Midifigher for me (yet, at least!).

I use the VCI-100 modified to TP2 3.6.4 DJTT mapping along with this Launchpad mapping. Works amazingly! Have my sample deck buttons, 8 hot cues, a Midifighter(ish) for each deck and loop, play, sync buttons which I've customised for a looping/effects sections. Also modded the top corner of teh VCI for the sweep effect.

All in all, works superbly with no need for a Midifighter!
Dena Chinn
Originally Posted by andreanegri
DJTT said you can have 4 or 5 overlays stacked on a VCI100, it's very difficult to remove.
thank you
Rosaline Garel
DJTT said you can have 4 or 5 overlays stacked on a VCI100, it's very difficult to remove.
Dena Chinn
Originally Posted by photojojo
I believe so
is it pretty easy to remove an existing overlay?
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by dillinger23
Enjoy Sonar dude!
I live literally right next door to one of the sites. So pumped
Lizabeth Peight
you die MORE?????????

I'd rather die a little bit less

I see your located in Barca, now back in London but spent 6 years in Madrid flying between there and london, and the VCI-100 was a godsend for it size, portability and ruggedness. Enjoy Sonar dude!
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by dillinger23
unless they abandon internal mixing completely that is!
That will never happen.
Tatum Ansaldo
dude, it was a quip, I'm not trying to clarify a definition of darwin's theory of evolution! Trust me, as a devout atheist I am well aware of how it works, I just found its application to the controller market rather amusing.

And anyway it does all come down to sex and death. Only one of which a controller is capable of.

If you miss out on food because of competition, you have sex less and die more. Simples.
Lizabeth Peight
...... also........Here in Europe on ebay I am starting to see a fair few VCI-100 standards and several SEs per week on auction.

Buddy I am ALL for sex and death whenever I can get it, but the idea of Darwinism is greatly misunderstood in modern times "Survival of the Fittest" does NOT mean aggression, attack, violence, etc, etc.. it simply means species indirectly competing for the limited available resources of a given environment. For example, you only need one species of squirrel to be a bit bigger heavier and to be faster and more efficient at consuming the available food supply, and even though this squirrel does not attack the other species in any direct way, it still drives the other species to the brink of extinction!

FYI: I'm never giving up on my VCI 100 SE, and as soon as another overlay is available I'll be ordering it.... that is unless they abandon internal mixing completely that is!
Tatum Ansaldo
horses for courses, my dear man. The VCI still has its place.

And I'm pretty sure "Darwinism in it's truest and purest form" would involve sex and death in the mix somewhere, not just an alternative controller entering the market.
Lizabeth Peight
i would say a lot of folks do still use the VCI for internal mixing yes, and I believe a whole lot of people would give up on the VCI 100SE if it became just a controller solution, as to be quite frank there are more appropriate solutions out there if you don't want X & Y faders, nor EQ. Tough times for our little friend. Are we seeing with the S4's arrival, Darwinism in it's truest and purest form? While the new creature in the environment is not actively attacking its neighbour, it IS however simply better suited to the environment, and unless the VCI-100 can adapt.......
Rosaline Garel
I use only VCI without anything else to not have complex setup and needing little space for my stuff.
Scarlett Saupp
Originally Posted by minimal
I hardly use the looping option in the fx controller
-Also would be nice to have 2 editions of vci: one for internal mixers, one for external. My xfader is just sitting there wasted cos I mix externally. Just believe what can be done with all those extra knobs & faders. mmmm...
I wonder how many people use the VCI stand alone as an all in one controller. I'll always keep my VCI because it makes a great fx/loops controller, and hopefully soon a sample controller too when I make the TSP2 jump, but my standard controls i.e EQ/Line Faders/X-fader etc. now live elsewhere. Are many other people in the same boat? (wether internal or external)
Suzanna Paddock
I hardly use the looping option in the fx controller anymore.
-Why not transform it to a loop move/size controller instead: one knob for loop size another for move size & the 2 buttons for back or forth, same for the other buttons. Either make em deck A & B or whatever view has the focus. I have a keyboard mapping for this & I use it constantly.

-Also would be nice to have 2 editions of vci: one for internal mixers, one for external. My xfader is just sitting there wasted cos I mix externally. Just believe what can be done with all those extra knobs & faders. mmmm...

-In sample deck mode, the 4 eq knobs can maybe control volume/filter [shift]?
Julissa Serrone
Loop shift. This works great on the s4 and x1. Could be the current loop buttons with another shift button? Not sure how many folks use the fx section to control loops? Don't believe it's as popular as other things. Perhaps make the mapping for 3 decks and one 4 bank sample deck?

At some point you have to compromise features vs to many layers to get confused over. This will be tough but sometimes. Less is more. I'd be happy to help or test
Lawerence Bernt
an all in one mapping would be great, but i can definitely see the use of complimentary mappings for the x1 and midi fighter!
Scarlett Saupp
Originally Posted by marc.elektro
Would it make sense to have all the cue points 1-8 available on all 8 transport buttons below the jogwheels instead of having cue points 1-4 and 5-8 on two separate button presses? I'm not very familiar with mapping on Traktor so I don't know if that's possible. Perhaps to select what deck to use for cue point juggling we can use a modifier the same way a modifier is used to route fx to decks 1 or 2. That way the current "Juggle 5-8" button can be freed up for sample decks? Again, I don't know if that can be implemented but it might lead to better ideas.
I've always fancied having access to all 8 hotcues for either deck a or b (i.e. without loading the same track in both decks). 4 always felt restrictive for playing "cue point chords" so to speak. Perhaps Juggle 5-8 could instead be an "all 8 hot cues" mode, which when on, would enable a couple of buttons (such as the deck c and deck d buttons) to decide which deck gets all 8 hot cues, triggered by (in my case) all 8 arcade buttons

what do others believe?
Ellyn Diotalevi
^^^^^^ what he said! ^^^^^^
Lizabeth Peight
I would love to see you guys come up with a really good comprehensive mapping that addresses (most of) the functionality from TP2. I also believe you have a hell of a challenge ahead of you to successfully position any future VCI 100SE overlay/mapping alongside the S4. I'm holding off for a while to see what you come up with before going the S4 route (VCI-100SE users are nothing if not fiercely loyal), and I would be happier than a pig in s*** if/when you blow me away with a true TP2 solution....!...... just please don't leave it too long... ;o)
Chara Blumenfeld
Personally I never use juggle mode, so could these be mapped to turn on C & D as sample decks, and then slice/echo/cue/play as the sample play buttons, keeping the normal c&d buttons to load the decks as track decks...

Please?

And I know it's probably a long/weird/too complicated shot, but how about a separate mapping and overlay for those who do and don't own midi fighters? I'm a pauper.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by wrigh_a
I would love to free up the two buttons left of the cue/play to be pitch bend buttons when the scratch is taken off rather than the two effects.
FYI, the slice/echo buttons are among the most popular functions of the current mapping according to my poll:

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=28122
Ammie Deni
I would love to free up the two buttons left of the cue/play to be pitch bend buttons when the scratch is taken off rather than the two effects.

Reason being if you are in a club with heavy vibrations and turn of the scratch you have to use the mouse to pitch bend if you dont wish to use the touch sensitive tops.

Also would be amazing if when using external mixing mode you could turn the line faders into the pitch controls.

Also a fix to stop the the sync button resetting your pitch when you take it off. Previously you could load a track and tap the sync button to match the tempo but then manually cue up etc. now when you press and release the sync button it goes back to tracks original bpm. The only way round this is to start the track with the sync button on and use the jog wheels then whilst playing release the sync button. you can then stop the track and use cue points but this is long winded. Alternatively you can change the master clock over to the other deck. Any ideas>? this is my major grip with TP2.
Dusti Boeddeker
Hey guys, just bought a VCI 100 silver. Im going to update to 1.4 firmware, and I already own Traktor Pro 2. I was just wondering whether its worth buying the overlay now or waiting for the Traktor Pro 2 TSI and overlay.
I have a feeling the answer will be wait, as I assume it will only be a matter of weeks until this update occurs?
Just want some re assurance. Also, if theres anything anyone recommends me doing in the meantime to benefit from the VCI let me know!

Stew.
Mel Manelski
Originally Posted by mmusic
i like the idea of switching to deck c/d and using those as the loop decks.
yea thad'd be awesome
Leonardo Papajohn

I'm assuming this will be implementing a 2 track deck AB and 2 sample deck CD layout? I've personally found that recently I haven't been using the effects section in the top right at all because I either use fader FX or (more frequently) the IG mapping on my MF. I understand that not everyone has this luxury though.
agreed
Hipolito Scionti
Also, they sell X1s so it's not really cutting DJTT out the loop either...

I did find this which you can print out

http://www.scribd.com/full/36721273?...9e9esufz7fp6br
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by MaxOne
I really really would love a complimentary x1 with DJTT x1 overlay to control sample decks.

That'd smash it!
With you on that one. So many of us have X1s.
Hipolito Scionti
I really really would love a complimentary x1 with DJTT x1 overlay to control sample decks.

That'd smash it!
Tatum Ansaldo
Poll created on features you use in the current mapping:

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=28122
Josef Haroldsen
i like the idea of switching to deck c/d and using those as the loop decks.
that way one could decide to use one or two look decks. i personally use three decks, so i could just work with one loop deck and three regular decks.

thanks for the effort guys!
Elnora Wisegarver
Im up for the fx buttons to double as sample deck control and volume controls for the sample decks .
Hipolito Scionti
If i'm going to have to order a new overlay (which is totally coool) then i'm happy to order a midifighter too and if that midi fighter offers some awesome complimentary functionality that'd be sweet.

Or a complimentary x1 mapping and overlay for x1 !?? that'd be awsome!

For me the loops section of the control fx can go and be replaced by 4 sampler and volume and or / filter triggers perhaps.

Perhaps a deck c/d sampler mode that turns them into sampler trigger - fader fx style.

I dunno, I trust you guys.

I reckon a pole to see how many people use the loops section of control fx might be interesting... I might start one now.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by bcondemi
Perhaps utilize the additional features/samples decks/etc.. to a midi fighter so that not too much is changed on the vci-100?

BC
Sadly we can't just assume that everyone who has a VCI also has a midifighter. Although they all should, come on guys, get your acts together!
Lanny Vanosten
Perhaps utilize the additional features/samples decks/etc.. to a midi fighter so that not too much is changed on the vci-100?

BC
Lanell Gadea
Please, adapt the PLAY button (vci-100 1.4, but stock hardware), it should be green instead of yellow when playing a track. It was so in old traktor, and I believe it's a bug now.

*Thanks for the ECHO button working
Tatum Ansaldo
new overlay eh... maybe that's the excuse I need to finally do the arcade mod

If there could be a couple of instaFX in there (not bothered about super combos, that's not what the VCI's about for me) it would be cool. Then again there's fader FX so maybe that's not necessary! Having an instaFX layer on the transport buttons would be cool.

I'm assuming this will be implementing a 2 track deck AB and 2 sample deck CD layout? I've personally found that recently I haven't been using the effects section in the top right at all because I either use fader FX or (more frequently) the IG mapping on my MF. I understand that not everyone has this luxury though.

I'm interested to see what ideas you come up with for use of the loop recorder, I haven't found a useful way to implement it just yet.

Watching this thread with interest!

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy