Feature Requests for New DJTT TPro2 VCI-100 Mapping

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Feature Requests for New DJTT TPro2 VCI-100 MappingReply
Feature Requests for New DJTT TPro2 VCI-100 Mapping
Posted on: 07.04.2011 by Jodi Lacerra
The rumors are true that DJ Techtools does plan to create a new mapping and overlay for the VCI-100SE that utilizes most of the new functions available in Traktor Pro 2.

Although we have some ideas already, I wanted to poll the community for any features that you'd really like to see in our eventual new mapping. I will read through these and take them into account in my design discussions with Ean when I get to the point of physically mapping the VCI-100.

So let us know your thoughts because there is a good chance I'll try to integrate them!

For those interested in a version of the VCI-100SE 3.6.4 mapping for Traktor Pro2, please see this thread for download files and commenting: http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=28029
Scarlett Saupp
Originally Posted by azunderg
Product support life cycle | End-of-life

Happens with everything, windows ME isn't supported anymore either. Vestax doesn't manufacture the VCI-100 so it's not surprising the TP2 mappings aren't a priority for ranking s.

Thanks to Ean and his crew for all the mappings/support they've offered up to this point.

IT WAS ALL FREE ANYWAY.
if I can pipe up here for two seconds, but EOL is generally announced, long long before the support ever stops. I believe that's why some peeps might be a bit upset.

Successful businesses/companies manage expectations by aligning their customers expectations with their own. A lot of the time this happens through communication.

With that said, if DJTT are planning on releasing a mapping for the VCI-100, and no more after that, they would best serve their customers by announcing as much
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by scosha
They are still selling the VCI at full price in the store. Should they not still be supporting it then?
The SE is listed as out of stock and the arcade is listed as only 3 left, which is probably the last 3 new ones left in the world.
Bethel Kaplun

Happens with everything, windows ME isn't supported anymore either. Vestax doesn't manufacture the VCI-100 so it's not surprising the TP2 mappings aren't a priority for ranking s.

Thanks to Ean and his crew for all the mappings/support they've offered up to this point.

IT WAS ALL FREE ANYWAY.
They are still selling the VCI at full price in the store. Should they not still be supporting it then?
Jolyn Brunello
Originally Posted by DysfunkDJ
Not really haters are we?? im certainly not a hater or a fan boy. Just someone who was waiting patiently for weeks to see if the new mapping had arrived. I was going to buy a vci se or arcade but have chosen another route. Lost my patience. Nothing more to it than that. I still love DJTT as I have purchased other stuff. Since Traktor Pro2 as been out now for like months you would of thought a mapping at least would of been developed as a bit more of a priority seen as though there are still quite alot vci owners. Just saying guys, doesnt make me a hater or negative. Im a very positive person. Peace
no offence meant.i believe the problem is that the vci mapping as it stands is so good and efficient and now t2 is out theres too much functionality to be able to easily fit in with the current vci mappings best features without it becoming too complicated.i believe the current mapping is worth buying a vci for anyway,and for a complete setup also a pad controller(mpd,trigger finger,etc) or a midifighter for cues,ones shots and things.its the cheapest option and can hold up against the s4 although if you have the money i would say the s4 is a better buy as the vci will undoubtedly fade before the s4 or incarnations of it do.
Jolyn Brunello
Originally Posted by photojojo
They are working on one. I don't have any details, but I do know they are still working on a mapping and have not abandoned it.

Frankly I'm a little disappointed in the negativity in this thread. Coming out with new products, running the blog, managing the store, troubleshooting broken Midi Fighters (that aren't really broken) and all the other day to day stuff that pops up with the limited staff DJTT has is I'm sure getting in the way of coming out with a T2 mapping.
speaking as a die hard vci user im with you on this jojo.im still rocking the current mapping and am always finding different and fresh ways to use it.theres loads of amazing music to be found out there whilst waiting for the new mapping which will have to be pretty impressive to beat the current one anyway.i just hope the same people aren't so negative when the massive amount of hard work is presented to us.
Suzanna Paddock
Originally Posted by dillinger23
it broke my heart saying (writing) it out loud, but it needed saying. I'd really like someone from the site to respond to these comments, but i believe we all know they won't. They've got old and just see a chance to make money. Always happens, nothing new. They started out sweet kids on a mission to do good, and hard cash took their souls.
No sir, I don't like it!
Jodi Lacerra
I just posted the initial version of the VCI-100SE v4.0 mapping here (for those that are interested): http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=34931
Chu Vacirca
I would really like to see the the new sample decks in Traktor 2 added to the mapping. Ideally decks A and B would be songs and C and D would be loaded with 4 samples each that would correspond to the trigger buttons below the platters. This would make me very, very happy.
Lizabeth Peight
@dafe

"Successful businesses/companies manage expectations by aligning their customers expectations with their own. A lot of the time this happens through communication."

very nicely put.

Steep learning curve all round much?
Scarlett Saupp

IT WAS ALL FREE ANYWAY.
if I can pipe up here for two seconds, but EOL is generally announced, long long before the support ever stops. I believe that's why some peeps might be a bit upset.

Successful businesses/companies manage expectations by aligning their customers expectations with their own. A lot of the time this happens through communication.

With that said, if DJTT are planning on releasing a mapping for the VCI-100, and no more after that, they would best serve their customers by announcing as much
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by scosha
The SE is listed as out of stock and the arcade is listed as only 3 left, which is probably the last 3 new ones left in the world.
Bethel Kaplun

IT WAS ALL FREE ANYWAY.
Delmar Hungler
Have faith!!!
Jolyn Brunello
Originally Posted by DysfunkDJ
Not really haters are we?? im certainly not a hater or a fan boy. Just someone who was waiting patiently for weeks to see if the new mapping had arrived. I was going to buy a vci se or arcade but have chosen another route. Lost my patience. Nothing more to it than that. I still love DJTT as I have purchased other stuff. Since Traktor Pro2 as been out now for like months you would of thought a mapping at least would of been developed as a bit more of a priority seen as though there are still quite alot vci owners. Just saying guys, doesnt make me a hater or negative. Im a very positive person. Peace
no offence meant.i believe the problem is that the vci mapping as it stands is so good and efficient and now t2 is out theres too much functionality to be able to easily fit in with the current vci mappings best features without it becoming too complicated.i believe the current mapping is worth buying a vci for anyway,and for a complete setup also a pad controller(mpd,trigger finger,etc) or a midifighter for cues,ones shots and things.its the cheapest option and can hold up against the s4 although if you have the money i would say the s4 is a better buy as the vci will undoubtedly fade before the s4 or incarnations of it do.
Britt Roback
Jolyn Brunello
Originally Posted by photojojo
They are working on one. I don't have any details, but I do know they are still working on a mapping and have not abandoned it.

Frankly I'm a little disappointed in the negativity in this thread. Coming out with new products, running the blog, managing the store, troubleshooting broken Midi Fighters (that aren't really broken) and all the other day to day stuff that pops up with the limited staff DJTT has is I'm sure getting in the way of coming out with a T2 mapping.
speaking as a die hard vci user im with you on this jojo.im still rocking the current mapping and am always finding different and fresh ways to use it.theres loads of amazing music to be found out there whilst waiting for the new mapping which will have to be pretty impressive to beat the current one anyway.i just hope the same people aren't so negative when the massive amount of hard work is presented to us.
Dena Chinn

IT WAS ALL FREE ANYWAY.
Ned Somerset
regarding the money hungry comments. I sure as hell wouldn't be doing as much work as they do on a daily basis and not get paid..
Ned Somerset
Totally agree with you Photojojo. Patience is a virtue. Too all the haters out there... Look how much DJTT has grown in the last little while. I believe they are far from being money hungry capitalists. Im sure none of the staff have much time to check all the threads on this community , let alone reply to each question or comment. Flashflooder already said there is one in the works and will be released no matter what.
If you are really upset about no new mapping for TP2, then make one yourself. That is the joy of MIDI. DJTT doesn't have some sort of magic machine that puts out these mappings, all it takes is time, planning, dedication, and patience.
As for the overlay, big whoop. Does anybody actually look at the labels before they press a button. Memorize it. I could rock my VCI blindfolded.
Leeanna Ayla

Elida Ekenstam
hey DJTT take some responsibility.. tell us if this is going to happen or not?

if not - buhu we will survive
and if - a date would be nice?!
Lizabeth Peight
@Charlielederer....

Bloody disgusting really isnt it? It is now several months of complete radio silence, ignoring every single comment of concern on this thread asking for a response directly from them. They have decided to completely ignore us, just sell their new midi-fighters, and get rich off of the S4s, and outdated VCI-100s as Vestax no longer makes them. I used to sing DJ TECH TOOLS praises to the rafters telling all i knew of this wonderful site, run by a lovely bunch of people who really cared and were passionate about their support base and community, I now sadly believe they are just a bunch of money hungry capitalists who don't seem to give a shit anymore. A sad day.
Letty Holechek
Please, any DJTT member, don't leave us VCI-100 se owners in the dark. We bought your product and as you said the VCI-100 se was the controller that launched your site, so honor up and create a mapping for TP 2! Its been a long enough time for you guys to put out a mapping. If you don't however, you'll lose a lot of support from not only me but a lot of your original audience that made this site what it is today! So make the mapping, please!!!!
Suzanna Paddock
it broke my heart saying (writing) it out loud, but it needed saying. I'd really like someone from the site to respond to these comments, but i believe we all know they won't. They've got old and just see a chance to make money. Always happens, nothing new. They started out sweet kids on a mission to do good, and hard cash took their souls.
No sir, I don't like it!
Lizabeth Peight
Britt Roback
Iv well lost patience. Not buying a VCI se or arcade now because of lack of support.
Aprizal Rustarmadi
yeah man my patience is up. i believe its complete bullshite to promise continued support and then not only fail to provide it but run and hide and not respond to questions and comments in these post that are months and months old. this aint the site it used to be
Leonardo Papajohn
lets face it, they are not going to do one as they have turned into run of the mill business men, and are refusing to comment or answer questions about the promised mapping in the hope that we just slip quietly away into the evening , so they can keep making money off an outdated vci mapping now that vestax have stopped producing it it and there is now no longer any pressure on them to offer something unique. furthermore i am now apparently a 'bedroom' DJ. thanks for the insult fellas and the let down. i thought you were better than that.
i hate to say it, but i kinda agree :/
Lizabeth Peight
lets face it, they are not going to do one as they have turned into run of the mill business men, and are refusing to comment or answer questions about the promised mapping in the hope that we just slip quietly away into the evening , so they can keep making money off an outdated vci mapping now that vestax have stopped producing it it and there is now no longer any pressure on them to offer something unique. furthermore i am now apparently a 'bedroom' DJ. thanks for the insult fellas and the let down. i thought you were better than that.
Yuko Armacost
It has been a little over four months now since we were told that a new DJTT TPro2 VCI-100 mapping will be available to us. I guess we might assume that DJTT has put this product under the shelf in favor of the S4? That is a shame cause I believe the DJTT VCI100SE is a much better product.

Does anyone know of another party that has worked on a new mapping taking advantage of the new stuff in TP2?
Matha Obray
With the new update..when i start pitch bending with the jog wheel using the released mapping it pitch bends slow for like 3 seconds but if i keep doing it it goes into vinyl pitch bend mode.
Scarlett Saupp
_o
Letty Holechek
Hey, the sampler button on the vci-100 se is not needed since there is the sampler in TP2. That would be another good change to the mapping.
Lizabeth Peight
hey guys, for anyone who was a little spooked by the possibility being raised in another thread that while a new TP2 mapping will almost certainly be released an accompanying overlay may not, there is a petition thread
http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...570#post302570
for those who want to say it 'loud and proud' that they really do hope an overlay is still coming and not being quietly given a gold watch and shuffled off into a bottom drawer.
Aprizal Rustarmadi
any idea as to when this mapping may be ready? im trying to be patient but im chomping at the bit believeing about using those new tp2 features. thanks for any updates!
Suzanna Paddock
Originally Posted by bernhof
* BEATJUMP/MOVE LOOP: when no loop is active, the knob/button/whatever jumps the specified number of beats, if a loop is active, the loop is moved

* JOG WHEEL BROWSE MODE: when in browse mode, use the jog wheel to quickly navigate through long playlists/folders
+1
I already started working out the looping mapping but I like your idea of having the loop move change to beatjump if loop inactive.

Also the jog/browse is a good idea, however I would like to have a browse with the decks in mini-mode that way I know how much time I have left...
Marlon Esgar
Loving the current mapping, however, a few features that I am missing that are currenty in the S4: (don't know if this is actually doable)

* BEATJUMP/MOVE LOOP: when no loop is active, the knob/button/whatever jumps the specified number of beats, if a loop is active, the loop is moved

* JOG WHEEL BROWSE MODE: when in browse mode, use the jog wheel to quickly navigate through long playlists/folders
Randal Biza
Originally Posted by andreanegri
DJTT said you can have 4 or 5 overlays stacked on a VCI100, it's very difficult to remove.
It's not that hard at all, as long as you use something like Goo Gone to get rid of all the excess glue. Don't try rubbing alcohol, just pony up the $3 for Goo Gone and it's pretty simple. A new overlay will only stick to a perfectly clean, smooth surface.

I made a short little photo tutorial on my blog on how to remove VCI overlays: http://www.distracteddispatches.com/...0-overlay.html
Randal Biza
Originally Posted by deejaygee
Im up for the fx buttons to double as sample deck control and volume controls for the sample decks .
Me too. I have been trying to map this myself, but the behavior of those buttons is strange. They send more than one midi note. Pressing down sends B5 and letting go sends CC045, which is somehow preventing my mapping from working. I'm guessing this was functionality added in the DJTT firmware upgrade?
Olene Minyard
Perhaps a 'leap' as well as a loop would be good. It's a feature that's on Deckadance where you can use leap, rather than loop, and it will play 1/32, 1/16 etc all the way through to 8, 16 and 32 beat loops. However, when you then drop out of the loop, it will leap to where it would have got up to had you not used the leap section.

It's a pretty nifty feature to eliminate dull parts of tracks easily as well as to create remixes on the fly.

Also, with regards to looping features, it would be good to be able to utilise TP2's new feature of being able to press 'loop' to set the end point of the loop (as opposed to the start). So it would then jump back xx beats (whatever you select - similar to how normal looping works). This is useful to create cool buildups by selecting it at the end of a buildup, to then re-loop the build up section. Then, shortening the loop by halving it as it goes on, which shortens in towards the end point (not the start point as usually happens with looping). You can then create so cool roll effects by using the filters and echo and when you drop out of the loop it will be at the 'drop' for the tune or perfect to drop in your new tune.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy