Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgradeReply
Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade
Posted on: 20.09.2010 by
PURCHASE THE FIRMWARE UPGRADE KIT (WINDOWS ONLY)
http://ranking s.myshopify.com/produ...-upgrade-cable

DOWNLOAD THE FIRMWARE FILE
http://www.djranking s.com/wp-conten.../VCI1001_4.zip

DOWNLOAD THE FIRMWARE UPDATE SOFTWARE (WINDOWS)
http://america.renesas.com/support/d...dt_v405r00.jsp

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST 1.4 COMPATIBLE TSI FILE FOR TRAKOR PRO
http://www.djranking s.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/VCI-100V3_6.zip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0dcrsWWTko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjDQmEkWBw4
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by Dups
Ugh sorry, im tired and was posting in a hurry. I meant filter knobs. With the left side doing low pass, right hipass.
They function the same as before.
Dexter Volponi
When I say go you say Dave....go Dave...go Dave...go Dave!!! Thanks to this website and all the staff and community.....the VCI is looking like the best investment of my life!!!! Keep up the great work...just ordered my Firmware upgrade kit today!!!
Christie Rinder
any way i could get a different .tsi such as the previous overlay in the video below that is compatibe with firmware 1.4? i am still using this mapping i like it the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWl79ae6fkM
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by DaveX
Bonus #1
========

Did you know that there's a factory test mode hidden in every VCI ? It's used in the factory to test all the buttons, faders, knobs and LEDs.

With 1.4 firmware: While your VCI is off, hold RIGHT ECHO+PLAY buttons (VCI-100SE mapping) and turn it on.

With previous firmwares: While your VCI is off, hold LEFT ECHO+PLAY buttons (VCI-100SE mapping) and turn it on.

Bonus #2
========
What I call the buttons or knobs are what they're called in the current overlay.

After you get into test mode you'll see left deck slice is lit. Press it and echo lights up keep pressing and the next button lights up. Go through the series you'll get to faders staring with the cross fader. As you move it all of the bottom buttons will light up as you move the fader back and forth. The rest of the faders and knobs go in this order:

left volume fader
Right volume fader
left pitch fader
Left EQ high
Left EQ mid
Left EQ Low
Left Filter
eft gain
Mix Level
Right gain
Level
Right EQ high
Right EQ mid
Right EQ lo
Right filter
A knob
B knob
C knob
D knob
Right pitch fader
Volume
Glitch
Len

I can't figure out the next bit. It seems you press a few lit buttons and then you get to the jog wheels. I don't see what your testing between len and when you get to the jog wheels. When your done just turn it off and back on again.
Verla Jurgensmeyer
Thanks for your support guys!

I'm happy it was possible to adapt the DJTT mapping to support this new firmware, but for those using their own mapping, here's a list of all the changes changes since firmware 1.3.

Time for me to reassemble the unit and start mixing!

VCI-100 unofficial firmware 1.4 by DaveX
==========================================

After long hours of reverse-engineering, here's an improved firmware for your VCI!

New features
============
- 4x pitch faders resolutions
- 4x jog wheel resolution
- All the buttons under the jog wheels can now be lit using MIDI out messages
- Left sync button is now mapped to note G-8 (73 hex) and behaves like right one (no more hardware toggle) (LED is still mapped to note A#4, 46 hex)
- Filter knobs send both regular 0-127 CC message only (unlike 1.3 firmware)
- A MIDI CC command is sent along with the Note ON command when the pitch fader is centered (so it's possible to reach the exactly the center position even using the DJTT mappings)
- Outer part of jog wheels sends Midi ON/OFF message on separate channel when in scratch mode (channel 2)

Usage
=====

You must change the following to your Traktor mappings:

1) Remap your pitch faders:

- Deck A/C Tempo = CH02.PitchBend
- Deck B/D Tempo = CH03.PitchBend
- Deck A/C Tempo Reset = CH02.Note.C0
- Deck B/D Tempo Reset = CH02.Note.C#0

1) Remap your inner jog wheel messages in normal mode and in scratch mode

The messages are the same (CC16, CC17, CC18 and CC19) but on channel 2
instead of channel 1

2) Divide the jog wheel sensibility by 4

3) Remap the left sync button

Bonus #1
========

Did you know that there's a factory test mode hidden in every VCI ? It's used in the factory to test all the buttons, faders, knobs and LEDs.

With 1.4 firmware: While your VCI is off, hold RIGHT ECHO+PLAY buttons (VCI-100SE mapping) and turn it on.

With previous firmwares: While your VCI is off, hold LEFT ECHO+PLAY buttons (VCI-100SE mapping) and turn it on.

Bonus #2
========

Nobody on the dancefloor ? Boot your VCI in easter egg mode and beat the hidden game to enter the "Disco Mode" and see the crowd jumpin' in the air!!

That works only with 1.4 firmware of course, VCI will get detected by computer once Disco Mode is activated so you may use it "as usual". Hint: same trigger as factory test mode but with different buttons
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by Slackman25
Guys is this firmware chip the same as i purchased for the 1.3 upgrade?
Yes
Leeanna Ayla
It sounds like your play is acting like a cue. Just to confirm your play button is the one to the far right on each side, correct? Does it work with the old tsi?
Nickole Krautbauer
Guys is this firmware chip the same as i purchased for the 1.3 upgrade?
Jolyn Brunello
Originally Posted by nickel
Yes, I've tried all these things but no success. If I fiddle about I can get a track to play for a second and then it stops when I take my finger off. I'm sure it's something to do with the TSI, but I haven't a clue how to change it so I can make my play button actually play the track.
do you have vci in vci out selected?
Twyla Tylinski
Yes, I've tried all these things but no success. If I fiddle about I can get a track to play for a second and then it stops when I take my finger off. I'm sure it's something to do with the TSI, but I haven't a clue how to change it so I can make my play button actually play the track.

Originally Posted by Sharkie
are your tracks playing fine when vci is off?
did you try to load the tsi several times?
are u sure its not your soundcard settings? (Audio latency)
Angelo Scalici
Originally Posted by nickel
Someone please help me, I've been trying all day to get this to work but I can't get the play button to play my tracks with this TSI installed. By fiddling with various buttons I can get it to play a short burst of the track but I cannot get it to just play a track continuously. I also cannot get my headphone cue buttons to work. If anyone can assist I would really appreciate it.
are your tracks playing fine when vci is off?
did you try to load the tsi several times?
are u sure its not your soundcard settings? (Audio latency)
Christine Gettinger
Originally Posted by flashflooder
Yes, they do. No changes were made to the level faders.
Ugh sorry, im tired and was posting in a hurry. I meant filter knobs. With the left side doing low pass, right hipass.
Leeanna Ayla
We have DISCO MODE!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL62FLHE83Q
Angelo Scalici
Hi All,

Just an update about my findings so far.

I just flashed to 1.4.

My jogs didn't work with my modified 3.5.2 tsi anymore, so i loaded 3.6 and they seem to do fine again.

*Modified the Jog Scrath + Tempo (with Scratch off) settings to 35 sentitivity and 19 Accelerate to have more precision.
*The pitch faders produce the same results as with the 1.3.3 fw (witch i believe is very good)
*Disco mode not tested yet (arcade edition, so i believe i have to do a led mod soon for this )

No complaints so far

Cheers, Sharkie

(TP 1.2.6|W7 X64|M-Audio FTPro|VCI-100-Arcade self mod SE)
Twyla Tylinski
Someone please help me, I've been trying all day to get this to work but I can't get the play button to play my tracks with this TSI installed. By fiddling with various buttons I can get it to play a short burst of the track but I cannot get it to just play a track continuously. I also cannot get my headphone cue buttons to work. If anyone can assist I would really appreciate it.
Frances Halbleib
ok ok ok.. I 've change USB Port.. it works ! Thx
Frances Halbleib
Originally Posted by photojojo
Is the VCI connected to the computer and turned on?
yes
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by Nattevagten
I don't have choice - I just have 'none' or 'all ports' option.. o.O
Is the VCI connected to the computer and turned on?
Frances Halbleib
I don't have choice - I just have 'none' or 'all ports' option.. o.O
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by mi3s
i have 1.2 fw.Should i first upgrade to 1.3 and then to 1.4If we have any problems could we get back at the previous version?
Yes, you can downgrade firmwares as easily as you can upgrade them.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Dups
Before i go and grab a FW update kit and hunt down an old windows PC, do the new faders still operate the same as 1.3? I love the split faders and use them all the time
Yes, they do. No changes were made to the level faders.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Nattevagten
I use big import button but I don't have VCI in the in/out ports (none/all ports)
Try setting your VCI-100 to the in and out ports for the tsi. I believe the tsi defaults to All Ports for both but in some cases the tsi won't work on all ports, so try selecting your VCI and let me know if you still have issues. Thanks!
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by RedEyz
anyone still have the 1.3 file anywhere? i don't want to upgrade unless i can downgrade, just in case. i'm still using an older overlay which i have become very accustomed to,which is why i haven't made the switch, and i also don't plan on going to the newer overlay.

if someone could mail it to me or post a link [i can't seem to find it anywhere in the community !?] i would appreciate it quite a bit.

redeyz [@] gmail [dot] com
If you would like I can find the 1.3 firmware file and send it to you although upgrading to the new firmware/mapping does not require a new overlay. No functions have been changed as to conflict with the current overlay.

Also, downgrading your firmware is always possible but I don't see any benefit in using an older firmware unless you created a custom mapping for it and don't want to have to modify it for the new jog/pitch/etc midi cc's/notes.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by AJ Orbit
Can the arcade edition be updated to firmware 1.4 ?
Yes! You just won't get the benefits of all the bottom button LEDs now working. That is, unless you drill some holes into your top plate and install some leds next to the arcade butons.
Susanna Didio
gotcha! thanks
nayit ruiz jaramillo
You need the Firmware Kit from DJTT to update to 1.4
Susanna Didio
Hi im a bit new to this, I just got my VCI se a month ago... came with 1.3fw loaded...I'd like to go up to 1.4... do I really need to take my VCI apart and buy additional things to make this work?? Or was the FW video for older VCI owners?
Frances Halbleib
I use big import button but I don't have VCI in the in/out ports (none/all ports)
Cristian Carmona
The people asking about upgrading from 1.2 to 1.3, i would recommend going straight to 1.4.
Leeanna Ayla
Are you using the big import button to bring in the tsi? Do you have the VCI set in the in/out ports when the tsi is selected in the drop down?
Frances Halbleib
Disco mode works ! TSI doesn't work... can you help me please !?
Christine Gettinger
Before i go and grab a FW update kit and hunt down an old windows PC, do the new faders still operate the same as 1.3? I love the split faders and use them all the time
Kelsey Maylone
i have 1.2 fw.Should i first upgrade to 1.3 and then to 1.4If we have any problems could we get back at the previous version?
Josef Haroldsen
awesome!

just to be clear, will i need to plud my 1.3 furmware chip into the VCI, and then run the 1.4 firmware? it's been a while since i did this.

thanks for all the hard work. you guys are awesome
Twyla Tylinski
Just upgraded to 1.4 FW! However, using this new TSI how do I get it to play a song in Traktor? as when I press the play button the song doesn't play (I even tried cue1 and juggle 1-4 simultaneously - no joy). Can someone please advise. Also another thing which I can't get to work with this TSI is headphone cue. Despite all this, I'm loving the disco mode!
Leeanna Ayla
I know what I'm doing today
Stefan Kosier
anyone still have the 1.3 file anywhere? i don't want to upgrade unless i can downgrade, just in case. i'm still using an older overlay which i have become very accustomed to,which is why i haven't made the switch, and i also don't plan on going to the newer overlay.

if someone could mail it to me or post a link [i can't seem to find it anywhere in the community !?] i would appreciate it quite a bit.

redeyz [@] gmail [dot] com
Eddie Prise
Can the arcade edition be updated to firmware 1.4 ?
Twyla Tylinski
I will be upgrading my VCI-100 shortly to 1.4 fw. Thank you Dave X and DJTT team for this firmware as all other VCI-100 will agree with me it's been a long time coming.
Julissa Serrone
dope! wish I still had my 100.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy