Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgradeReply
Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade
Posted on: 20.09.2010 by
PURCHASE THE FIRMWARE UPGRADE KIT (WINDOWS ONLY)
http://ranking s.myshopify.com/produ...-upgrade-cable

DOWNLOAD THE FIRMWARE FILE
http://www.djranking s.com/wp-conten.../VCI1001_4.zip

DOWNLOAD THE FIRMWARE UPDATE SOFTWARE (WINDOWS)
http://america.renesas.com/support/d...dt_v405r00.jsp

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST 1.4 COMPATIBLE TSI FILE FOR TRAKOR PRO
http://www.djranking s.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/VCI-100V3_6.zip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0dcrsWWTko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjDQmEkWBw4
Armando Waithour
Originally Posted by rodan
Man this is starting to bug. I have a show in August and I haven't mixed for lets see...4 months all out of frustration with this firmware. I've asked numerous times and have never gotten anywhere trying to get back to the original firmware.

It's probably not as complicated as I'm making it, but honestly I don't like this new mapping. I'm willing to lose the extra accurate pitch sliders to get my controller wheels back the way they were before.

I only bought this for the pitch sliders that transmitted a higher number of midi cc's, but I didn't want all this extra crap. I personally don't do the things that this template offers. I just want to mix good music without all the chopping and stuff.

How can we get our vci-100's back to the original state? If someone could tell us how to have the original layout exactly with the upgraded pitch faders that would be preferable, but if not I am willing to lose that extra functionality to get the original set up back.

I have my controller almost back to perfect. Remapped most of the knobs and things, but for whatever reason I can't get the controller wheels back as they were before.

Anyone have a solution?

Going back to the original firmware would be no option because former firmware have bugs.
but you can load the original tsi file and relearn all the commands to your (firmware 1.4) midi commands. you don
Armando Waithour
Man this is starting to bug. I have a show in August and I haven't mixed for lets see...4 months all out of frustration with this firmware. I've asked numerous times and have never gotten anywhere trying to get back to the original firmware.

It's probably not as complicated as I'm making it, but honestly I don't like this new mapping. I'm willing to lose the extra accurate pitch sliders to get my controller wheels back the way they were before.

I only bought this for the pitch sliders that transmitted a higher number of midi cc's, but I didn't want all this extra crap. I personally don't do the things that this template offers. I just want to mix good music without all the chopping and stuff.

How can we get our vci-100's back to the original state? If someone could tell us how to have the original layout exactly with the upgraded pitch faders that would be preferable, but if not I am willing to lose that extra functionality to get the original set up back.

I have my controller almost back to perfect. Remapped most of the knobs and things, but for whatever reason I can't get the controller wheels back as they were before.

Anyone have a solution?

Going back to the original firmware would be no option because former firmware have bugs.
but you can load the original tsi file and relearn all the commands to your (firmware 1.4) midi commands. you don
Armando Waithour

Anyone have a solution?

Armando Waithour

Anyone have a solution?

Armando Waithour

Anyone have a solution?

Armando Waithour

Anyone have a solution?

Armando Waithour

Anyone have a solution?

Armando Waithour

Anyone have a solution?

Armando Waithour

Anyone have a solution?

Armando Waithour

Anyone have a solution?

Armando Waithour

Anyone have a solution?

Armando Waithour

Anyone have a solution?

Armando Waithour

Anyone have a solution?

Armando Waithour

Anyone have a solution?

Armando Waithour

Anyone have a solution?

Galina Mancinas
Originally Posted by ADJS
I have a lot of similar questions as people above but no-one seems to answer the questions.
I have FW1.2 and want to update as I have just purchased an F1 and traktor 2.5. but it won't work with my VCI100, which I love. Do I need to update to 1.3 and then 1.4? Can I go back if it doesnt work. have had F1 2 weeks and cant use it. Still useing traktor pro at gigs as cannot get pro 2.5 to work with vci100.
Any advice appreciated!
My setup at the moment is a plain VCI-100 that I upgraded to 1.4 running the newest DJTT mapping with an F1 running Traktor 2.5.1. The mapping wasn't specifically created for 2.5, but everything works except for the control over all the remix slots, which no other controller does at the moment (doesn't concern you though since you have an F1).

1: FW upgrades aren't like software upgrades, no need to go through the intermediate 1.3 FW. Buy the kit, flash straight to FW 1.4.

2: If you're wanting to get up and running right away and aren't using the DJTT mapping right now, you should be able to use your VCI as-is with 2.5.1. You won't have all of the cool tricks of the DJTT mapping, but my understanding is that you don't now.

I just pulled up the setup wizard on Traktor 2.5.1 now to make sure, and the VCI-100 is one of the standard mappings provided. That mapping should be specifically for a standard FW VCI.
SetupVCI100Option.jpg

Good luck, the two together really are a fun combo.
Tona Khy
Originally Posted by robodelfy
Also,

How do I find out that the new 1.4 firmware has definately loaded?

How do you get into disco mode?
Hold the left slice and echo buttons down when you're turning the vci on. Then let go and the bottom row of lights will dance around a bit. After that there is a little minigame in which you have to get all the lights to light up simultaneously by pressing them (i couldn't get it, but my brother did haha). After that I'm not completely sure, sometimes disco mode activates after that, sometimes it doesn't
Joaquina Guiducci
I've flashed my vci-100 with windows 8 Pro 64 Bit and with a ardino with the boot loader chip removed and then flashed it

the bit you need to check is:

the recomened speeds

when the BOOT Mode prompt comes up and you are told to leave this you need to set it to 9600 and also 9600 in the com port settings in the device manger in windows

I came to me when reading in the other post that the usb too fast or something along them lines so lower speed made the rx and tx work i bricked my 100 with it erasing the kernel and FW

the pin out for the ardino is VCC (5.5V) GND 0(rx)1(tx)
the pin out for the 100 is from the capacitor (1)GND (2)VCC (3)GND (4)RX (5) TX (6) VCC

so you need to jump the pins on the 100
1 to 3 over to the GND on the ardino
6 to 2 over to the 5.5V on the ardino
pin 4 on the 100 to pin 1 on the arduino
pin 5 on the 100 to pin 0 on the arduino

the pins need to be bacwards on the arduino to the 100 transmit and receive from the 100 and vice versa

then set it up and go

*you have to take out the bootloader chip you want to only use the ttl converter on the ardiuno not the microcontroller it wont work outher wise im sure that any serial ttl chip will work the are ones from nokia believe is a dku 5 i believe used them before to flash routers but i got the arduino much more virsital

** if your having problems with the DJTT FLash kit on usb turn down the BAUD RATE to 9600

thanks for reading hope you all have fun Flashing
Armando Waithour

Anyone have a solution?

Leif Polesky
This is great! Will be upgrading too soon as well.
Camilla Mayea

Anyone have a solution?
Camilla Mayea

Anyone have a solution?
Gabriella Teresinski
Hallo everybody!
I bought and finally received my VCI-100 1.4 Firmware upgrade..i tried to do the upgrade for days on a windows seven pc with a serial to serial connection but it did never worked..i've been reading all the threads about it here in the djtt community and did it all to make it work but it didn't.So i'm pretty desperate at the moment cos' i really don't know what to do and i'm wondering if the djtt upgrade firmware that i bought it's broken.
Anyway i'll describe you what happens when i try to do the upgrade..after connected the vci to the usb and turned it on i tray to connect the device with the fdt software which always gives me the following script error :

Clock Frequency (External) = 24.0000MHz, Clock Mode = 0, CKM = 1, and CKP = N/A
Connecting to device 'H8/3052F' on 'COM3'
Configuration:
'BOOT Mode' connection - using emulated interface
Opening port 'COM2' ...
Loading Comms DLL
Loaded Comms DLL
Initiating BOOT SCI sequence
Attempting 9600
Attempting 4800
Attempting 2400
Attempting 1200
Error No 15024: Boot failed

As i already said i'm using a serial to serial connection and i'm wondering if windows seven can be the problem..cos' many users said that after attempting on win seven with no results they finally made it on xp.
Please i hope that someone can HELP me out there cos' i really don't know what to do..and getting very stressed out about it...
Thank's!
Eula Drane
I seem to be getting no response anywhere!

Ive updated to the newest firmware and remapped everything on my vci 100, but i cant seem to get my jog wheels acting like they were before. By that I mean the outer wheel doing pitch bend up and down (nudhing), and the inner wheel scrolling through the track/scratching, thats when on vinyl mode. And then when you turn off vinyl mode, just the outer ring does tempo bends and the inner ring is off.

Thats how it used to work, but it doesnt like that anymore! Any helP?
Elaina Oppermann
cant seem to find an answer to this i have 1.4 f/w - is there a way to back it down to 1.2 like the 1.3 release did - i also use mixxx under ubuntu linux and the mapping is way out - any other solution to this if no to the f/w question???

thanks in advance - i love this controller to bits

Cr4sH
Irvin Welvaert
i've seen the video, but i don't understand how to test disco mode: please can you explain how to start it?
Galina Mancinas
Originally Posted by ADJS
I have a lot of similar questions as people above but no-one seems to answer the questions.
I have FW1.2 and want to update as I have just purchased an F1 and traktor 2.5. but it won't work with my VCI100, which I love. Do I need to update to 1.3 and then 1.4? Can I go back if it doesnt work. have had F1 2 weeks and cant use it. Still useing traktor pro at gigs as cannot get pro 2.5 to work with vci100.
Any advice appreciated!
My setup at the moment is a plain VCI-100 that I upgraded to 1.4 running the newest DJTT mapping with an F1 running Traktor 2.5.1. The mapping wasn't specifically created for 2.5, but everything works except for the control over all the remix slots, which no other controller does at the moment (doesn't concern you though since you have an F1).

1: FW upgrades aren't like software upgrades, no need to go through the intermediate 1.3 FW. Buy the kit, flash straight to FW 1.4.

2: If you're wanting to get up and running right away and aren't using the DJTT mapping right now, you should be able to use your VCI as-is with 2.5.1. You won't have all of the cool tricks of the DJTT mapping, but my understanding is that you don't now.

I just pulled up the setup wizard on Traktor 2.5.1 now to make sure, and the VCI-100 is one of the standard mappings provided. That mapping should be specifically for a standard FW VCI.
SetupVCI100Option.jpg

Good luck, the two together really are a fun combo.
Crysta Salmeri
Any advice appreciated!
Eula Drane
My jog wheels arent acting the same as before, I used to have the outside of the jog wheel doing pitch bend up and down, and the inside would scroll trhough the track. Any ideas how to do this? I saw the instructions below but it didnt work the same as before?

1) Remap your pitch faders:

- Deck A/C Tempo = CH02.PitchBend
- Deck B/D Tempo = CH03.PitchBend
- Deck A/C Tempo Reset = CH02.Note.C0
- Deck B/D Tempo Reset = CH02.Note.C#0

1) Remap your inner jog wheel messages in normal mode and in scratch mode

The messages are the same (CC16, CC17, CC18 and CC19) but on channel 2
instead of channel 1

2) Divide the jog wheel sensibility by 4
Eula Drane
ok thanks!
Tona Khy
Originally Posted by robodelfy
Also,

Hold the left slice and echo buttons down when you're turning the vci on. Then let go and the bottom row of lights will dance around a bit. After that there is a little minigame in which you have to get all the lights to light up simultaneously by pressing them (i couldn't get it, but my brother did haha). After that I'm not completely sure, sometimes disco mode activates after that, sometimes it doesn't
Eula Drane
Also,

Eula Drane
What a evening mare, to be fair it was my fault, but is some info that may be helpful to others.

I first tried to use the 25 pin port on the back of my desktop, which I thought was a serial port, but is a printer port. N I got a 25 pin to 9 pin cable, and it just said 'boot failed' every time.

Then I got a USB to serial adaptor cable off ebay. This didnt work, and I tried many cominations : different ports, changing delay settings, differen USB ports, and cables. I got many different results, lots of 'boot failed', but also 'failed to load micro kernel' and other ones to do with the micro kernel.

I then got a 9 pin to 9 pin male to female serial cable of ebay, NOT a null modem cable. just to re iterate, null modem cables have the wires crossed inside, which will not work for this!

Once I had done this, I just chose 'com 1' in the renesas tool, and it uploaded. probably took a couple of minutes the whole process.

So my advice is get a serial cable, avoid the hassle and wasting your time. Good luck!
Hope Doppelt
i am also having a problem with my vci 100 se. Some of the functions listed and shown in the video don't quiet work. For example the sampler doesnt allow me to choose which deck to sample. is this because of the traktor 2.5 software or maybe its something with the firmware im not sure but this VCI was purchased within the last 2 months. also the tsi file im using is 4.1 if that is any help

thx
Laurinda Bengert
Just upgrade my 100 SE Arcade to 1.4 but how to know if it was successful ? On the software it was OK..
Glen Crohn
dear Ean ...2 things..ive downloaded the firmware file(running a mac) how and where do i send the file?...also the latest vci-100se v4.1 doesnt work properly..is this because im not up to date with the firmware?
Elida Vencil
how do i test if i have this firmware on the VCI i just bought? the guy says it has it but i want to be sure.
Christene Bruscino
I wonder whats the progress on djtt custom mapping for traktor2
Galina Mancinas
Just an update, I found an alternate source for the Renases toolkit (that doesn't require registration).

Was linked from an ECU programming site under a subsection for programming Hayabusa ECU's. Must be a pretty flexible kit Ean uses in the firmware kit.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13269946158811

In any event, pulled that installer onto a Windows XP SP2 machine with a plain old serial cable and installed the 4.1 firmware on the first try.

Hope it helps for anyone else trying to upgrade firmware now.
Galina Mancinas
Does anyone happen to have an alternate download location for the toolkit?

It appears on Renases page that you can download the "upgrade" (which is the page that the link on page 1 sends you to, but the actual Development Toolkit wants you to have a login in order to download. I've been scouring their site and Google to no avail.

TIA

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy