Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgradeReply
Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade
Posted on: 20.09.2010 by
PURCHASE THE FIRMWARE UPGRADE KIT (WINDOWS ONLY)
http://ranking s.myshopify.com/produ...-upgrade-cable

DOWNLOAD THE FIRMWARE FILE
http://www.djranking s.com/wp-conten.../VCI1001_4.zip

DOWNLOAD THE FIRMWARE UPDATE SOFTWARE (WINDOWS)
http://america.renesas.com/support/d...dt_v405r00.jsp

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST 1.4 COMPATIBLE TSI FILE FOR TRAKOR PRO
http://www.djranking s.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/VCI-100V3_6.zip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0dcrsWWTko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjDQmEkWBw4
Suzanna Paddock
so an update on the whole key (shift+filter) thingy: if you turn the knob real slow from its center position it follows, fast it doesn't.

What I find annoying though is that when u reach -12 (at the kill position), key lock turns off and resets itself, makes it hard to slam down an octave....
Kasi Kiriakos
Originally Posted by D-Kem
Is it futile attempting serial to USB flash? I have such cable but no serial port on any computer i own. The firmware and potential for new TSI's looks exciting!
I worked fine for me! Search for my post in the successfully upgraded my firmware thread for details
Leeanna Ayla
I've used a USB to serial cable twice now to flash my VCI. On top of that I'm on a Mac running Windows XP.
Lauretta Ehrhorn
Is it futile attempting serial to USB flash? I have such cable but no serial port on any computer i own. The firmware and potential for new TSI's looks exciting!
Doug Bieling
yeah did that as normal but still didn't seem to have any effect. Just kept on fiddling and messing with things and slowly but surely all the things that were playing up now work. Apart from the shift bug thing. Will look at that in more detail tomorrow eve.

Oh and i believe i'm gona have to go down the bomes route as the midi out prob is a right pain in the ass. or maybe go through some of the leds that i dont need and unmap them to stop so much midi data flying back and forth.
Cristian Carmona
when you load a new tsi into traktor, i always restart the program twice and it usually gets the tsi working if any buttons dont work.
Doug Bieling
wierd things just started to work eventually.

I believe when you first load it there maybe a load of odifiers in strange states so you have to fiddle for a while to ake everything kind if reset itself.

I believe everything working so far apart from i have a strange bug with the shift button where it seems to work as a browser tree upscroll which is kind of annoying.
Eleanore Neaville
I changed fw to 1.4

I hope new tsi will come soon (3.6 very strange works)

In disco mode my controller is not respond, may be somebody describe me how it works? And factory test mode dont work too or i dont understand how it works.
Doug Bieling
No headphones cue working hear. Has there been a solution to this yet.. not easy to look At present as on phone (
Latricia Monohan
Hi guys,

I'm using my own mapping (based on the Ean's 2.5v .TSI, plus some mods by myself).
I'm afraid in upgrade my VCI's firmware from 1.3 (current) to 1.4, 'cause I don't really know if will need to remap lot of knobs/jogs/buttons to remain having my "special" TSI.
Will the below re mappings the ONLY stuff I'll need to deal to?
I really like to have a full MIDI map (like that one on the last page of the VCI 100 manual) including ALL the MIDI notes for the new 1.4 firmware.

Many thanks in advance folks!

P

Originally Posted by DaveX
Thanks for your support guys!

I'm happy it was possible to adapt the DJTT mapping to support this new firmware, but for those using their own mapping, here's a list of all the changes changes since firmware 1.3.

Time for me to reassemble the unit and start mixing!

VCI-100 unofficial firmware 1.4 by DaveX
==========================================

After long hours of reverse-engineering, here's an improved firmware for your VCI!

New features
============
- 4x pitch faders resolutions
- 4x jog wheel resolution
- All the buttons under the jog wheels can now be lit using MIDI out messages
- Left sync button is now mapped to note G-8 (73 hex) and behaves like right one (no more hardware toggle) (LED is still mapped to note A#4, 46 hex)
- Filter knobs send both regular 0-127 CC message only (unlike 1.3 firmware)
- A MIDI CC command is sent along with the Note ON command when the pitch fader is centered (so it's possible to reach the exactly the center position even using the DJTT mappings)
- Outer part of jog wheels sends Midi ON/OFF message on separate channel when in scratch mode (channel 2)

Usage
=====

You must change the following to your Traktor mappings:

1) Remap your pitch faders:

- Deck A/C Tempo = CH02.PitchBend
- Deck B/D Tempo = CH03.PitchBend
- Deck A/C Tempo Reset = CH02.Note.C0
- Deck B/D Tempo Reset = CH02.Note.C#0

1) Remap your inner jog wheel messages in normal mode and in scratch mode

The messages are the same (CC16, CC17, CC18 and CC19) but on channel 2
instead of channel 1

2) Divide the jog wheel sensibility by 4

3) Remap the left sync button

Bonus #1
========

Did you know that there's a factory test mode hidden in every VCI ? It's used in the factory to test all the buttons, faders, knobs and LEDs.

With 1.4 firmware: While your VCI is off, hold RIGHT ECHO+PLAY buttons (VCI-100SE mapping) and turn it on.

With previous firmwares: While your VCI is off, hold LEFT ECHO+PLAY buttons (VCI-100SE mapping) and turn it on.

Bonus #2
========

Nobody on the dancefloor ? Boot your VCI in easter egg mode and beat the hidden game to enter the "Disco Mode" and see the crowd jumpin' in the air!!

That works only with 1.4 firmware of course, VCI will get detected by computer once Disco Mode is activated so you may use it "as usual". Hint: same trigger as factory test mode but with different buttons
Kasi Kiriakos
Originally Posted by 1878blues
- shift plus filter does not adjust the key properly anymore and it seems to just glitch?
This was the first thing i tried and discovered, I was expecting the improvement in the setting to make the pitch really playable
It would be nice if it was assigned to the pitch faders say via shift+ffx that would make it nice and playable
Josie Zachow
Many Thanks for the 1.4 Upgrade

Installed the Firmware before and loaded the new TSI File into Traktor, noticed a couple of things - probably the TSI file? :-

- shift plus filter does not adjust the key properly anymore and it seems to just glitch?

- The left Jog wheel for deck A does not seem to 'move' at the same speed as Deck B jog wheel in scratch mode? and in CDJ mode Deck A still moves very slowly through song, even when song is stopped.

- Finally Im getting audio glitching when I press the route FX button, This problem was solved in the last TSI (Glitch Fix) and Im sure you have a glitch fix for this TSI as well.

Thanks again and hopefully someone can help me eradicate these problems.

I have same issues.
Thanks report!!
Stefan Kosier
lots of trial and error here, but simply adjusting the jog wheels to channel 2 does not activate scratching for me with FW 1.4 - going to have to downgrade and find a happy medium here. *sigh*
Suzanna Paddock
So I updated to the latest fw, no problems, thanks DaveX: scratching seems better, pitch adjust is fantastic.

The new tsi however is giving me a bit of a head/heart/ache:

-the filter+shift=key only works sometimes (always key down but not always key up).

-the synch & play lights don't necessarily match the software. ie I press synch on deck A & switch to deck C and the synch button is still on even though Deck C is not synched (same for play button).

-didn't get any glitches on route fx (yet) but while in fader fx my play button got stuck on green in deck b and would not turn off (even reloading another track).

-Why are the outer jogs no longer mapped as nudge do I really have to press the scratch button off to nudge? Never got that whole cd jogg thing and am considering remapping that...

-finally I was happy to note you did the light switcharoo on the cue1-4 & cue5-8 I suggested. That's going to help me when i'm toasted

cheers
Natashia Lotten
I don't have any immediate plans to update to firmware 1.4 does the 3.6 TSI features work with 1.3 excluding Disco Mode?
Thalia Gouldman

Which button is that?
The little black button under the FX Type button..near the sampler button
Shala Wohletz
How do i get the outer wheel working for pitch adjustments in scratch mode? I'm using the new tsi by djtt provided?
Leeanna Ayla
Works very sporadically for me as well.

- The left Jog wheel for deck A does not seem to 'move' at the same speed as Deck B jog wheel in scratch mode? and in CDJ mode Deck A still moves very slowly through song, even when song is stopped.
I can't duplicate this

- Finally Im getting audio glitching when I press the route FX button, This problem was solved in the last TSI (Glitch Fix) and Im sure you have a glitch fix for this TSI as well.
Thanks again and hopefully someone can help me eradicate these problems.[/QUOTE]

Which button is that?
Thalia Gouldman

Installed the Firmware before and loaded the new TSI File into Traktor, noticed a couple of things - probably the TSI file? :-

I have exactly the same issues...
Bailey Fergurson

Stefan Kosier
never mind. thanks for this http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...5&postcount=37

i hadn't seen it.
Stefan Kosier
so simply changing the channels will remedy? i am guessing i have to change the channel on the note messages as well, but the notes stay the same and only the channel changes? i'll have to test this when i get back from my appointment.
Verla Jurgensmeyer
Originally Posted by RedEyz
seems as though scratching doesn't work at all with 1.4
Did you map scratch message to channel 2 ? CC16, CC17, CC18 and CC19 have moved to channel 2 in 1.4 firmware. They were on channel 1 in 1.3.x firmwares.

Remember this is the post for all changes since 1.3 firmware: http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...5&postcount=37
Stefan Kosier
anyone know which assignment it is to adjust the sensitivity of the jog wheels? 4x is waaaay too much. i kinda liked how they were before.
Stefan Kosier
Originally Posted by photojojo
No problems here. Did you load the tsi a couple of times? Pressed the scratch button?
i figured it was a TSI problem. i'm not using the newest as it doesn't coincide with the overlay i'm currently using. no big deal. all i really wanted was the pitch fader enhancement, but the jog wheel outer edge not bumping around [i play extremely bass heavy music] would have been nice. but i can just put my controller on my Ableton bag. that has helped resolve the issue in the past.

i'll just go back to FW 1.3.1

no biggie.
Mac Fly
I mean as in. keep my current tsi then Make slight changes to my current tsi with the updated 1.4 firmware to have high res faders and jogs??? Possible?
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by RedEyz
in fact, i can't cue at all with the jog wheels.
No problems here. Did you load the tsi a couple of times? Pressed the scratch button?
Stefan Kosier
in fact, i can't cue at all with the jog wheels.
Stefan Kosier
seems as though scratching doesn't work at all with 1.4

anyone else having this issue? and no, i'm not in CD mode.
Stefan Kosier
you guys might wanna re-read the first post.
Mac Fly
Originally Posted by Big Pie
Would it be possible to add just the high-res faders and jogs to a current tsi? now
+1
Winter Hambrock
Would it be possible to add just the high-res faders and jogs to a current tsi? i use a very simple mapping and having the high res capability without having to redo the entire 1.4 tsi would be awesome.
Also, what was involved in the "reverse engineering"? im interested in why this capability wouldnt have been available from the factory, or at least in an early update... it just seems odd that years after the vci has been released that such a major improvement can still be made.
Thanks dave and djranking s for this midi breakthrough! I really appreciate all the work put in to this community.. i feel even more proud to be a vci owner now
Christine Gettinger
They function the same as before.
Sweeeeet. Now to buy and import an upgrade kit.
Twyla Tylinski
It sounds like your play is acting like a cue. Just to confirm your play button is the one to the far right on each side, correct? Does it work with the old tsi?
Yes, my VCI-100 is set up exactly like this and it worked perfectly with the previous TSI I was using which had cue play. I just don't know how to play with this TSI or change the settings to make it do so.
Marshall Aby
Originally Posted by Barone.Nick
another quetion about the new firmware - does this firmware fix the issues with pc's and the midi-out problem? the problem that would sometimes randomly make the vci lock up traktor and you would need to turn of the vci to unlock it? anyone?
I don't see any mention of this, but running your output through Bome's seems to solve the problem anyway.
Stefan Kosier
Originally Posted by flashflooder
If you would like I can find the 1.3 firmware file and send it to you although upgrading to the new firmware/mapping does not require a new overlay. No functions have been changed as to conflict with the current overlay.

Also, downgrading your firmware is always possible but I don't see any benefit in using an older firmware unless you created a custom mapping for it and don't want to have to modify it for the new jog/pitch/etc midi cc's/notes.
it's gravy. someone sent it to me. =)
Lorenza Eells
Thanks DaveX & DJ TT very happy now
Christie Rinder
another quetion about the new firmware - does this firmware fix the issues with pc's and the midi-out problem? the problem that would sometimes randomly make the vci lock up traktor and you would need to turn of the vci to unlock it? anyone?
Meg Reinoehl
Originally Posted by DaveX
Usage
=====

You must change the following to your Traktor mappings:

1) Remap your pitch faders:

- Deck A/C Tempo = CH02.PitchBend
- Deck B/D Tempo = CH03.PitchBend
- Deck A/C Tempo Reset = CH02.Note.C0
- Deck B/D Tempo Reset = CH02.Note.C#0

1) Remap your inner jog wheel messages in normal mode and in scratch mode

The messages are the same (CC16, CC17, CC18 and CC19) but on channel 2
instead of channel 1

2) Divide the jog wheel sensibility by 4

3) Remap the left sync button
I don't have any immediate plans to update to firmware 1.4, so if I'm planning to stay on 1.3, do I need to make these changes to the 3.6 TSI?

I'm a little confused to the backwards compatibility of the 3.6 TSI with firmware 1.3. Are the bug fixes only in the firmware or are some of the bug fixes in the mapping as well?
Mac Fly
I would upgrade but i prefer the older mapping also. I find it more organized.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy