MF Pro Cue Master Mapping (Traktor Pro)

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MF Pro Cue Master Mapping (Traktor Pro)Reply
MF Pro Cue Master Mapping (Traktor Pro)
Posted on: 10.06.2011 by Jodi Lacerra
The MF Pro Cue Master mapping for Traktor Pro in finally here!

Please use the Large Import button on the bottom left section of the Preferences window to import this mapping.

After doing so, please go into the Controller Manager section of Preferences and set the appropriate In-Ports and Out-Ports for your MF Pro Cue Master.

There will be a video tutorial on this mapping in the future; for now please refer to the visual layout.

This is a Deck Specific mapping where each MF Pro Cue Master is designed to only control one deck, Deck A or Deck B.

The core 4x4 arcade button part of this mapping takes concepts from both the Deckalized mapping and the Instant Gratification mapping; however, it is not a direct combination of both. For example, Shift+Record will still trigger Juggle Mode when not "Recording". However, if you press Shift+Record while "Recording" you will find that the "Sample Slicer" functionality has dramatically changed.

EDIT: The Focus mappings are now available to download below. To move the Deck Focus around, Press the Shift button + the Sync button. "Focus" will move from Decks A->B->C->D->A, but "Focus AB" moves from A->B->A.

Please use this community thread for any bugs or questions regarding this mapping.
Kindra Brawand
All I can get working on the mapping is the faders and the knobs. No matter what I do I'm not getting anything out of any of the buttons (arcade or the other 4).. I'm still getting LED flashes etc, just nothing out of Traktor using the standard Deck A mapping.
Ethel Saracco
Originally Posted by flashflooder
This is a good find and a detail I had forgotten about. Ean specifically wanted this functionality when in Juggle mode because he often doesn't have a hand free to use Shift while Cue Point juggling so that he can pause the track (or stop the track from continuing to play after pressing a cue point). At least that's how I remember it.

If it really bothers you I can dig into the mapping and explain how to change it back.
Thanks Flashflooder. I have already changed it along with adding in the Gater, Filter and Lofi FX.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Rusty
@ Flashflooder

I'm using an S4, MF Classic and Touch OSC all with custom mappings. I just received my MFPro Cue Master. What is the best procedure for importing the MFPro mappings? I don't want to lose any of my Traktor settings of existing mappings. Thanks.
I would always make a practice of exporting your settings before uploading any new tsi you have not used before. Make sure to check all of the settings you want to export also (it may not do so by default).

Then use the large import button on the bottom left of the preferences, set your In/Out ports for the corresponding mappings and you should be good to go.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by alphavibe
Hey Rusty here goes the Modified TSI. I have not fully tested the TSI to see what I may have broke from the original. I have noticed some LED status lights are no longer accurate but the overall functionality is still in tack. Hope this helps users out as they wait for an official release for Deck Focus. Makes sure Global Settings -> Deck Focus = Software. It tends to default to "Hardware" for S4 users.

Changes:
Load Next Deck replaced with Deck Focus +
Shift + HotCue 1-4 Swapped with Tempo Controls
Hi alphavibe, it looks like you beat me to get some Focus version mappings out. Nice...I am believeing though that since I just posted "Focus" versions in the initial post it might be best to delete your attachments to avoid confusion on which ones to use.

It's not really a big deal and I don't mind if you want to allow others to download them or you want to build upon it. Just a thought to streamline things.
Jodi Lacerra
This mapping looks awesome by the way. Just wondering if the Tempo controls could be put on the Shift layer and the Gaters, Filter and Lofi be added back in?

Also I haven't imported this mapping yet, but judging from the picture it looks like the faders are off in the top position and the FX come on when they are moved downward? Can anyone confirm this? Also could this be easily reversed in the mapping? Thanks.
Yes, the tempo controls and the Gaters/Filter/Lofi could be swapped. I'll explain how to do that step by step soon. It's originally how I liked it but Ean wanted Tempo controls on the top layer so he could DJ with just two MF Pros and a mixer.

And yes, your analysis of the faders sounds correct. Unfortunately this cannot be easily reversed in the mapping. It is a product of how the firmware is set up for those specific faders.
Jodi Lacerra
One small thing I did notice is that when you are in juggle mode the top right Play/Pause/CUP button Shift functionality is reversed. When in non-juggle mode you push Shift+Top Right Button for Play/Pause; when in juggle mode Play/Pause happens without pushing Shift. I'm guessing this is not intentional and the functionality is meant to be consistent no matter which mode you are in.
This is a good find and a detail I had forgotten about. Ean specifically wanted this functionality when in Juggle mode because he often doesn't have a hand free to use Shift while Cue Point juggling so that he can pause the track (or stop the track from continuing to play after pressing a cue point). At least that's how I remember it.

If it really bothers you I can dig into the mapping and explain how to change it back.
Jodi Lacerra
In case people didn't notice I just uploaded "Focus" versions of this mapping to the initial post. With "Focus" mappings you can use a single MF Pro to control Decks A through D or just A&B ("Focus AB"). The "Focus" allows you to switch which decks you are controlling, not control multiple decks at once.
Ethel Saracco
Originally Posted by flashflooder
The MF Pro Cue Master mapping for Traktor Pro in finally here!

Please use the Large Import button on the bottom left section of the Preferences window to import this mapping.

After doing so, please go into the Controller Manager section of Preferences and set the appropriate In-Ports and Out-Ports for your MF Pro Cue Master.

There will be a video tutorial on this mapping in the future; for now please refer to the visual layout.

This is a Deck Specific mapping where each MF Pro Cue Master is designed to only control one deck, Deck A or Deck B.

The core 4x4 arcade button part of this mapping takes concepts from both the Deckalized mapping and the Instant Gratification mapping; however, it is not a direct combination of both. For example, Shift+Record will still trigger Juggle Mode when not "Recording". However, if you press Shift+Record while "Recording" you will find that the "Sample Slicer" functionality has dramatically changed.

[Note: A mapping with Deck's C/D as well as A Deck "Focus" version of this mapping will be posted here soon]

Please use this community thread for any bugs or questions regarding this mapping.
Awesome work Flashflooder! This mapping is truly amazing. One small thing I did notice is that when you are in juggle mode the top right Play/Pause/CUP button Shift functionality is reversed. When in non-juggle mode you push Shift+Top Right Button for Play/Pause; when in juggle mode Play/Pause happens without pushing Shift. I'm guessing this is not intentional and the functionality is meant to be consistent no matter which mode you are in.

Thanks again for the great work! I am anxiously awaiting the Focus version as I can't quite figure out how to modify your mapping and have the FX turn off when switching focus.
Ethel Saracco
@ alphavibe

Nice work with the mapping, but I believe you encountered the same problem that I discovered. If you are applying FX to Deck A then switch focus to Deck B and mix in the track, the FX Unit mappings to do not turn off from Deck A. So if you start applying FX to Deck B while A is still running the FX get applied to both decks at the same time. Not exactly desirable.

I haven't been able to figure out the mapping to make the FX routings turn off on the other decks when you switch focus. I have looked through Flashflooder's Deckalized+Instant Grat Focus mapping, but I couldn't get my head completely wrapped around what he did.

Hopefully Flashflooder releases the Focus versions for the MF Pro Cue Master soon. I'm dying to use this mapping at my next gig!

EDIT:
While I haven't been able to fix the FX off issue in the mapping I have found a temporary work around for those interested. If you use the FX faders then turn them off before switching Deck Focus it will turn off all of the FX Units. It's not the ideal solution, but it's working for me for the time being.
Ethel Saracco
@ alphavibe
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I will try it out toevening and let you know if I find anything strange. I was working on creating my own focus version, but was stumped by what was done in the tsi to turn OFF the FX on the other decks. Couldn't quite wrap my head around it.
Fidelia Moscowitz
@ alphavibe
Sounds good. Feel like posting and sharing your tsi? I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one waiting for a Focus version :-)

Hey Rusty here goes the Modified TSI. I have not fully tested the TSI to see what I may have broke from the original. I have noticed some LED status lights are no longer accurate but the overall functionality is still in tack. Hope this helps users out as they wait for an official release for Deck Focus. Makes sure Global Settings -> Deck Focus = Software. It tends to default to "Hardware" for S4 users.

Changes:
Load Next Deck replaced with Deck Focus +
Shift + HotCue 1-4 Swapped with Tempo Controls
Ethel Saracco
@ alphavibe
Sounds good. Feel like posting and sharing your tsi? I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one waiting for a Focus version :-)
Fidelia Moscowitz
Amazing job on the Cue Master mapping DJTT. I ended up swapping the shift+ hotcues 1-4 with the tempo controls. Seemed like a better fit for me. Also made it a deck focus mapping since I only have 1 midifighter.
Lizzette Greb
Thank you that would be what I was looking 4
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Push PoP
have cue points 1-4 on the bottom row it is the cue master after all and having no cue points in the mapping is a little odd?
press shift + record and you have all your cue points there.
Lizzette Greb
Hi I love the mapping I have been playing with it for a few hours now and there are few ideas for change?
1. The way the faders running top to bottom, it is really un natural feeling could you remap them so you run the right way(in my opinion) bottom to top? Or could you explain way you mapped them the way you did?
2. The tempo nuge and so on on the bottom row, could you make that a shift function of the top row like your old mapping? And in steed have cue points 1-4 on the bottom row it is the cue master after all and having no cue points in the mapping is a little odd?
But over all I believe the etx combos on the super faders are really expressive and well thought throu, and the build quality of the pros is exaction is feels like a tank(in the same way 1200 feel like a tank).
Thank once again Dj Techtools for a great product and mapping,
Ethel Saracco
This mapping looks awesome by the way. Just wondering if the Tempo controls could be put on the Shift layer and the Gaters, Filter and Lofi be added back in?

Also I haven't imported this mapping yet, but judging from the picture it looks like the faders are off in the top position and the FX come on when they are moved downward? Can anyone confirm this? Also could this be easily reversed in the mapping? Thanks.
Ethel Saracco
@ Flashflooder

I'm using an S4, MF Classic and Touch OSC all with custom mappings. I just received my MFPro Cue Master. What is the best procedure for importing the MFPro mappings? I don't want to lose any of my Traktor settings of existing mappings. Thanks.
Merry Piesik
One other point to mention, I also have a Beat Masher but am not using it right now. I was planning on just getting this up and running perfectly first. When I got both of them 2 weeks ago I plugged both in... for some reason the only ports I can select for in and out are labeled Beat Masher. Could this be causing an issue?
Merry Piesik
I am trying to get my CM to work correctly. I imported the TSI file twice using the import button at the bottom of the screen. Some of the buttons work like those on the bottom row. The beatmashers do not work except for the 4 button super combo. The delay doesn't work among others as well.

When looking at the software it seems that the effect deck assign buttons unassign for the deck I'm playing when I hit certain buttons. Example: I'll have all 4 effects groups assigned to deck A. When playing a track on deck A I hit a beatmasher which is in group 2 and then nothing happens except group 2 is no longer highlighted (assigned to deck A).

Am I doing something wrong?

Also, before I importing these settings I saved my current settings by exporting them. After importing the CM TSI twice, I then tried to add back my old general settings. This didn't work as far as I can tell. For example, I have Last Playing and Import Date as two columns in my track listing. Those have disappeared. Did I save the settings incorrectly?

Thanks in advance.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
The layout looks identical to the deckalized
It's pretty similar but it's not exactly the same. The chaining and the ordering of the FX has changed, Sample Slicer mode has changed a lot, and most of the combos from the Instant Gratification are included in this too. The core 4x4 part of the mapping is not meant to be a whole new mind blowing mapping. It is designed to work with how the extra MF Pro components control effects and to take popular (and useful) elements from both the Deckalized and Instant Gratifcation mappings.
Era Roka
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Your right, i assume it's the wrong one?
Tatum Ansaldo
Wallace Ferraro
Seems like a very good mapping, but can anybody explain me how the button row comes in handy:S?
Ella Rick
Sweet!

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy