MF Pro Cue Master Mapping (Traktor Pro)

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MF Pro Cue Master Mapping (Traktor Pro)Reply
MF Pro Cue Master Mapping (Traktor Pro)
Posted on: 10.06.2011 by Jodi Lacerra
The MF Pro Cue Master mapping for Traktor Pro in finally here!

Please use the Large Import button on the bottom left section of the Preferences window to import this mapping.

After doing so, please go into the Controller Manager section of Preferences and set the appropriate In-Ports and Out-Ports for your MF Pro Cue Master.

There will be a video tutorial on this mapping in the future; for now please refer to the visual layout.

This is a Deck Specific mapping where each MF Pro Cue Master is designed to only control one deck, Deck A or Deck B.

The core 4x4 arcade button part of this mapping takes concepts from both the Deckalized mapping and the Instant Gratification mapping; however, it is not a direct combination of both. For example, Shift+Record will still trigger Juggle Mode when not "Recording". However, if you press Shift+Record while "Recording" you will find that the "Sample Slicer" functionality has dramatically changed.

EDIT: The Focus mappings are now available to download below. To move the Deck Focus around, Press the Shift button + the Sync button. "Focus" will move from Decks A->B->C->D->A, but "Focus AB" moves from A->B->A.

Please use this community thread for any bugs or questions regarding this mapping.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Xtian317
None of the released DJTT mappings (except for the Spectra) have been updated for 2.5/2.6.
Reason for this could be big change in FX unit mapping workflow in 2.5 and above. In previous traktor versions there was separate mapping page for group and single unit mode where you could add any FX command that would work only for selected mode from page you wish to add any knob/button - I loved this. What NI did was to join this two separate tabs in to one single page and they added new modifier condition to determine which unit mode are all effect command affecting to. Now I'm waiting for my Spectra to arrive and btw this will be my first MF so far and never tried or edited any MF mapping but as a guy who is into a bit complex mappings (and this certainly is) there is quite a possibility that both of modifier condition slots are already busy for the fact that 'FX Unit' modifier can be assigned. There might be workaround for this by adding unit mode selector for each effect MF button/knob separately but again this command still have a bug and NI should come up with new command 'FX Unit Store Preset' in order for this to work flawlessly, or to eventually add another (third) condition slot that can be useful in this scenario.
Valery Ellick
Originally Posted by QUANCE
Is downloading the 2.5 update for traktor going to mess up my midi fighter mapping?
None of the released DJTT mappings (except for the Spectra) have been updated for 2.5/2.6. You'll probably be alright if you don't use any other controllers/mappings (mine works fine if I use the default S2 mapping). You just won't have access to the new macro FX or flux mode.

In my case, using custom S2 and MF3D mappings (that have been updated for 2.5), this MFPro mapping is useless...I'm currently trying to get this sorted.
The MFPro seems to have been lost in the shuffle of new products...

I know Ean uses an MFPro CM in his setup and has a custom/updated mapping that we haven't seen yet...I'm hoping he decides to release it!
Zack Senay
Originally Posted by armyofme4340
I have a question about this. I use an s4 and my new cue master. Every time the s4 is plugged in the software defaults to "deck focus" "hardware" so I lose the deck focus orange color to my decks which makes it really difficult to know what deck is in focus. It's really annoying to open up preferences and global settings to change the deck focus to software. I have a good amount of mappings uploaded so it takes about 2 mins for my preferences to load up.

Is there a way around the s4 automatically switching traktor to
Hardware deck focus?
Hey Priscilla,

Did you ever get an answer for this or figure it out?

I would really like Traktor to stop defaulting to hardware focus, even though I change the setting to software in the preferences, and then export, and re-load the tsi. It doesn't seem to stick. I'm using a Macbook, an S2 (maybe the culprit), and the F1.

Thanks,
Thomas

PS I love your website. The articles are always well written, and the content is obviously awesome. And the album art article was very informative.
Mistie Brenneise
Originally Posted by flashflooder
Yes, the tempo controls and the Gaters/Filter/Lofi could be swapped. I'll explain how to do that step by step soon. It's originally how I liked it but Ean wanted Tempo controls on the top layer so he could DJ with just two MF Pros and a mixer.
Since I don't believe this has been explained in this thread yet, can Flashflooder or another mapping guru walk through this step by step?

Ideally, I'd like to swap out the gater/filter/lofi with some other effects, but I assume that's easy to figure out after the previous step...
Tori Rumer
Originally Posted by djproben
Did you import using the big import button on the lower left of the preferences window? It sounds like your settings don't have the effects in the proper order, and using the "big import button" should correct that. You;ll have to reimport any other controller settings though (using the small import menu item).
Had to do that twice, but thanks. Worked perfectly when double importing with big import
Emerson Buttle
if anyone has a custom layout mapping instead of tempo controls and replaced with Shift layer and the Gaters, Filter and Lofi then this would be the best mapping ive ever seen plz reply if there is such a thing
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Xtian317
None of the released DJTT mappings (except for the Spectra) have been updated for 2.5/2.6.
Reason for this could be big change in FX unit mapping workflow in 2.5 and above. In previous traktor versions there was separate mapping page for group and single unit mode where you could add any FX command that would work only for selected mode from page you wish to add any knob/button - I loved this. What NI did was to join this two separate tabs in to one single page and they added new modifier condition to determine which unit mode are all effect command affecting to. Now I'm waiting for my Spectra to arrive and btw this will be my first MF so far and never tried or edited any MF mapping but as a guy who is into a bit complex mappings (and this certainly is) there is quite a possibility that both of modifier condition slots are already busy for the fact that 'FX Unit' modifier can be assigned. There might be workaround for this by adding unit mode selector for each effect MF button/knob separately but again this command still have a bug and NI should come up with new command 'FX Unit Store Preset' in order for this to work flawlessly, or to eventually add another (third) condition slot that can be useful in this scenario.
Valery Ellick
Originally Posted by QUANCE
Is downloading the 2.5 update for traktor going to mess up my midi fighter mapping?
None of the released DJTT mappings (except for the Spectra) have been updated for 2.5/2.6. You'll probably be alright if you don't use any other controllers/mappings (mine works fine if I use the default S2 mapping). You just won't have access to the new macro FX or flux mode.

In my case, using custom S2 and MF3D mappings (that have been updated for 2.5), this MFPro mapping is useless...I'm currently trying to get this sorted.
The MFPro seems to have been lost in the shuffle of new products...

I know Ean uses an MFPro CM in his setup and has a custom/updated mapping that we haven't seen yet...I'm hoping he decides to release it!
Zack Senay
Originally Posted by armyofme4340
I have a question about this. I use an s4 and my new cue master. Every time the s4 is plugged in the software defaults to "deck focus" "hardware" so I lose the deck focus orange color to my decks which makes it really difficult to know what deck is in focus. It's really annoying to open up preferences and global settings to change the deck focus to software. I have a good amount of mappings uploaded so it takes about 2 mins for my preferences to load up.

Is there a way around the s4 automatically switching traktor to
Hardware deck focus?
Hey Priscilla,

Did you ever get an answer for this or figure it out?

I would really like Traktor to stop defaulting to hardware focus, even though I change the setting to software in the preferences, and then export, and re-load the tsi. It doesn't seem to stick. I'm using a Macbook, an S2 (maybe the culprit), and the F1.

Thanks,
Thomas

PS I love your website. The articles are always well written, and the content is obviously awesome. And the album art article was very informative.
Luis Fun
what are the different fx presets??? as in the side buttons..
Mistie Brenneise
Yes, the tempo controls and the Gaters/Filter/Lofi could be swapped. I'll explain how to do that step by step soon. It's originally how I liked it but Ean wanted Tempo controls on the top layer so he could DJ with just two MF Pros and a mixer.
Since I don't believe this has been explained in this thread yet, can Flashflooder or another mapping guru walk through this step by step?

Ideally, I'd like to swap out the gater/filter/lofi with some other effects, but I assume that's easy to figure out after the previous step...
Tori Rumer
Tori Rumer
Originally Posted by djproben
Did you import using the big import button on the lower left of the preferences window? It sounds like your settings don't have the effects in the proper order, and using the "big import button" should correct that. You;ll have to reimport any other controller settings though (using the small import menu item).
Had to do that twice, but thanks. Worked perfectly when double importing with big import
Danae Dumler
Tori Rumer
im still having the issue of the mash 1234 buttons not working, everytime i press them it just changes the effect to a delay even if beatmasher is the loaded effect. i imported the tsi file twice and assigned both input and output to midi fighter pro... any ideas?
Tamara Culcasi
I just noticed that this mapping is working with Traktor 2.1.3, but not previous versions...
Tamara Culcasi
hello,

I have a problem with my MF PRO Cue Master :
I imported the mapping (focus AB), and the MF is well connected to Traktor => when I trigg some button, traktor recieve the info... But it doesn't trigg what it should. For example :

- all the button in the third line (with Mash 1/2/3/4) seems to trigg delay
- the Echo button doesn't work (last button in the 2nd line)
- the Filter92LFO button trigg the Filter

etc... i won't explain all

so, did I miss someting with MF Pro configuration ?
there is no driver ?..

thks for your help
robin loo
i use the MFpro Fader mapping together with the IG mapping for the 4x4 button grid..

you cant really use them together because of shared fx banks, but it works like a charme.
Maude Kleen
The ideas are strongly stated and clearly emphasized. Thanks for sharing your believeing and ideas within this one
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Gapout
So with this said would i be able to:

Keep the faders and fx buttons as in on my Beatmasher...yet have the 4x4 be Instant gratification, yet have this all be decks a-d in focus?
Yeah, in theory you can do something like this. Except that the original IG mapping doesn't use the Deck Focus to determine which deck's to put effects on where as the BM mapping does. So they could be combined, but it might take a few tweaks to get the fx routing solid and consistent.
Sarai Suchman
I'm glad to hear that you figured this out for yourself. I purposely split up all of the MF Pro mappings into a core section of the mapping for the 4x4 arcade button grid (that is the same for both the Cue Master and Beatmasher) and a separate mapping (called MF Pro FX...) for the MF Pro part of the mapping (i.e., controlling fx with the extra faders/knobs).

This allows people to edit either one and also to load other old Midi Fighter mappings (if you like) for the arcade buttons and then create a custom mapping for the extra knobs and faders on your MF Pro.
So with this said would i be able to:

Keep the faders and fx buttons as in on my Beatmasher...yet have the 4x4 be Instant gratification, yet have this all be decks a-d in focus?
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by dylooooon
I would REALLY REALLY REALLY like to know how to combine two different djtt mappings. I want to use the 4 banks instant gratification mapping (original MF mapping) on the arcade buttons but want to keep the cue master FX mapping for the pots, faders, and light-up preset buttons. With this I would be able to select each deck very quickly with one of the top arcade buttons and could easuly manipulate effects with the faders/pots. Is there a way to do this without making an entirely new mapping? If so it would be greatly appreciated!
Please let me know! Thanks
I'm glad to hear that you figured this out for yourself. I purposely split up all of the MF Pro mappings into a core section of the mapping for the 4x4 arcade button grid (that is the same for both the Cue Master and Beatmasher) and a separate mapping (called MF Pro FX...) for the MF Pro part of the mapping (i.e., controlling fx with the extra faders/knobs).

This allows people to edit either one and also to load other old Midi Fighter mappings (if you like) for the arcade buttons and then create a custom mapping for the extra knobs and faders on your MF Pro.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare
It has let me import the other FOCUS mapping and the deck specific mapping but some of the effects are mismapped (e.g. I have different delays instead of beatmasher, and a gater instead of a freeze function).
If you get the wrong effects loading when importing the tsi mapping, the most likely fix is to simply re-import the mapping using the large Import button. Sometimes it takes two imports for the effect settings to load properly.

Using the large import button will overwrite all of the other mappings in your Controller Manager so if you have a lot of other mappings, it is always safe to Export your current settings in case you want to revert to them.
Chin Thoroughgood
Originally Posted by dylooooon
I would REALLY REALLY REALLY like to know how to combine two different djtt mappings. I want to use the 4 banks instant gratification mapping (original MF mapping) on the arcade buttons but want to keep the cue master FX mapping for the pots, faders, and light-up preset buttons. With this I would be able to select each deck very quickly with one of the top arcade buttons and could easuly manipulate effects with the faders/pots. Is there a way to do this without making an entirely new mapping? If so it would be greatly appreciated!
I FIGURED IT OUT! Let me know if you have questions.
Chin Thoroughgood
Mica Barn
Hi Guys,

I believe some of you might have same problem as me as to understanding this awesome machine. There might be videos on the site but sometimes I just want to find out about something specific. I believe a MIDI FIGHTER USER would be a great help? Maybe we can convince them to come up with a PDF version?

Happy Holidayz
M
Ellamae Cordner
I found out that I was in 4 banks, once I switched that in the MF Utility my problems went away. Since then however I've had trouble importing the FOCUS AB mapping, I keep getting an error while parsing settings information. It has let me import the other FOCUS mapping and the deck specific mapping but some of the effects are mismapped (e.g. I have different delays instead of beatmasher, and a gater instead of a freeze function).

I saw that someone had similar problems when not using the bottom left import button on the prefs screen but I have been using that so if anyone has an experience please share!

happy holidays
Clarence Lyden
i am a tad bit confused....when you press shift does it have the same function as the deckalized mapping....also if i am using one mf pro for both decks A and B can i assign which deck i control in the same way as the instant gratification mapping, or how else do i choose which deck i control....thanks in advance
Ellamae Cordner
Am I the only one dealing with these problems? If anyone has any insight be share.
Ellamae Cordner
Thanks for that advice, the walk thru video gave me a much better idea of what is going on but I'm still having some problems with the Midi Fighter. I've currently got it mapped for FOCUS AB so I can be switching it between two decks. At first it seemed like the top row of buttons wasn't doing anything. If I pressed one of the top row buttons it would stay lit up but would switch to any other button I pressed. (ex I press 'shift' and the button lights up but it doesn't actually work as a shift function. it stays lit up until I hit 'sync' which doesn't sync the tracks but the button then takes the light) after some messing around I realized that if I pressed the first button in the top row ('shift') it would allow me to access all the other buttons EXCEPT for anything in the top row. If I wanted to use any of the buttons I would have to hit the second botton in the top row (sync) which would then turn the bottom row (what should be the tempo buttons) into the shift, sync, cue, play however those are the only four buttons that seem mapped in that bank, with the exception of the mash to transpose combo. The mash buttons don't work the beatmasher however if I hit them all they do enable the supercombo. Weird. If i press the third or fourth bottons in the top row (cue or play) they will take the light and I guess open up a new bank but none of the buttons are mapped there. Any have any insight into whats going on?

One more thing, I was eventually able to figure out how to switch decks and all (its just very inconvenient since I have to keep switching btwn banks) but I have found that often when I switch the deck that I'm controlling with the MFPro that the mapping isn't responsive. For instance I'll switch control from Deck A to Deck B and the effects all hit B but the crossfaders and filter will still control A.

I barely got my Midi Fighter so it might just be my inexperience that is causing these problems but if anyone could help me figure things out I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers!
Malia Perius
if you watch the mapping video for the deckalized mapping for the midi fighter( original) it tells you how to do it.
Ellamae Cordner
Hey I just got my MF Pro and was wondering if someone could help me out. I have been trying to run the FOCUS mapping so I can be switching between decks during my set but I haven't figured out how to make the switch. In fact the entire top row of buttons (what should be 'Shift' 'sync' 'cue' and 'play') don't respond at all. Any ideas of where I am going wrong?

Also what is Juggle Mode and how do I activate it?
Malia Perius
if, I download this mapping and am running four decks and a original midi fighter (instant gratification mode) how would i change decks..and in the fx presets can I load a whole preset...very interested please help!
http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=41342
this is my set up...how could i run a mdi fighter pro with this mapping and change the deck that te midi fighter pro is controlling?
Kathyrn Barquera
Damn. Guess I'll just be using my Midi Fighter with Ableton. Thanks for the help anyway guys.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
It's okay now guys, I received an email and I got Traktor 2 for free. But It still doesn't have an import button. I made sure on of my ports had Midi-Fighter on but there's no button.
You need Traktor Pro to use this mapping. If you do not have an import button in your version or Traktor, then you need to upgrade to a Pro version for this to work.
Kathyrn Barquera
It's okay now guys, I received an email and I got Traktor 2 for free. But It still doesn't have an import button. I made sure on of my ports had Midi-Fighter on but there's no button.
Cathrine Vernet
refer to the native instruments website, I'm not sure but there may be an upgrade path from LE to pro to make it cheaper.
If your version of LE is registered and you have an account on NI then log in and go to the traktor pro 2 page and if an upgrade path is available then it should display the price that it will cost you.

http://www.native-instruments.com/
Kathyrn Barquera
How much would it cost to upgrade?
Tatum Ansaldo
You can't load custom mappings into Traktor LE. You need to upgrade to pro.
Kathyrn Barquera
I got my Midi Fighter 2 days ago but I have been unable to use it with any mappings because I cannot import my .tsi file in to Traktor (Traktor LE 2).

"Please use the Large Import button on the bottom left section of the Preferences window to import this mapping."

This 'Large Import button' isn't showing on my screen. Here is a screenshot of my preference screen.

Any help on how I could import my .tsi file would be highly appreciated.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy