MF Pro Cue Master Mapping (Traktor Pro)

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MF Pro Cue Master Mapping (Traktor Pro)Reply
MF Pro Cue Master Mapping (Traktor Pro)
Posted on: 10.06.2011 by Jodi Lacerra
The MF Pro Cue Master mapping for Traktor Pro in finally here!

Please use the Large Import button on the bottom left section of the Preferences window to import this mapping.

After doing so, please go into the Controller Manager section of Preferences and set the appropriate In-Ports and Out-Ports for your MF Pro Cue Master.

There will be a video tutorial on this mapping in the future; for now please refer to the visual layout.

This is a Deck Specific mapping where each MF Pro Cue Master is designed to only control one deck, Deck A or Deck B.

The core 4x4 arcade button part of this mapping takes concepts from both the Deckalized mapping and the Instant Gratification mapping; however, it is not a direct combination of both. For example, Shift+Record will still trigger Juggle Mode when not "Recording". However, if you press Shift+Record while "Recording" you will find that the "Sample Slicer" functionality has dramatically changed.

EDIT: The Focus mappings are now available to download below. To move the Deck Focus around, Press the Shift button + the Sync button. "Focus" will move from Decks A->B->C->D->A, but "Focus AB" moves from A->B->A.

Please use this community thread for any bugs or questions regarding this mapping.
Hunter Renslow
Originally Posted by flashflooder
If the effects aren't loading as expected (e.g., Beatmasher buttons triggering a Delay) it nearly always means that the TSI Effect Settings did not import properly.

This is a common Traktor issue that is fixed by re-importing the TSI file again using the Large Import button on the bottom left of Traktor's Preferences screen. If you use the Add..->Import button in the Controller Manager, Traktor will not import effect settings, so you need to use the Large Import button.
Just a question about this issue... How do you get around this bug when importing multiple controller tsi's? I've always used the big import button but recently started adding more controllers and not sure how to make everything load smoothly every time?
If this has been covered, sorry I missed it!
Joannie Brague
The Beatmasher row of buttons should work on all Decks and my testing confirms this. My guess is that the Deck Focus (shown by the Deck letter being highlighter orange) is not changing when you are pressing Shift+Sync to change Deck Focus. The effect routing depends greatly on which Deck is focused for the "Focus" mappings.

If this is the case you need to go into Preferences->Global Settings and set the "Deck Focus" to "Software". Now you should see the Deck Focus moving on your screen when you press Shift+Sync.
I have a question about this. I use an s4 and my new cue master. Every time the s4 is plugged in the software defaults to "deck focus" "hardware" so I lose the deck focus orange color to my decks which makes it really difficult to know what deck is in focus. It's really annoying to open up preferences and global settings to change the deck focus to software. I have a good amount of mappings uploaded so it takes about 2 mins for my preferences to load up.

Is there a way around the s4 automatically switching traktor to
Hardware deck focus?
Carson Cadieux
[QUOTE=The Sample Slicer mode (after pressing "Record Slice" you enter this mode by pressing Shift+Record Slice, you will know by the bottom 8 button's LEDs lighting up) is different from the old Sample Slicer mode in the original Deckalized mapping. From memory in Sample Slicer mode, the second row from the bottom triggers different Slicer values while the bottom 4 buttons incorporate other effects over the top of the Slicer effects. You can always go back to the original Slicer value by pressing the first Sample Slicer button (the leftmost button on the second row from the bottom). I hope this helps a bit.[/QUOTE]

So I have the Cue Master Pro ("CMP") focus mapping working well and have been having having a blast playing with the mapping. This is a "learned" instrument and I do find it very intuative. For me it was repeating the importing of the TSI a few times that ultimately worked, so thank you

From your quote above, you are referring to other "modes" that we can enter into with the Cue Master Pro mapping and gain functionality. Can someone give me a short list of what these are and how I can acess them. If this means reading another thread (i.e. IG or Deckalized mapping) that would explain this, please refer me there. This is my first midi-fighter and I am trying to piece together all the functionality. The initial diagram and postings for the CMP other than this one have not referred to other modes that I can use with the DJTT's CMP mapping that I have seen. I realize some people are using the MF IG mapping for the buttons but for now I am asking about all I can do with the mapping you have made available for the CMP.

Thanks, Shea
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Rusty
When can we get the promised instructional video? This mapping has been out for well over a month now. Personally I would like to confirm some of the expected behavior of this complex mapping.
Unfortunately I do not know when a tutorial video will be ready. Ean is constantly tinkering around with his mapping to improve it and he says that once he is completely happy with the final workflow, we will release an update to the mappings and he will do a tutorial video at that time.

I have noticed that only two of the Supercombos from the IG mapping work (Combo B - masher, and Combo C - buildup pause).
All of the Supercombos should work fine.

Also I would like to see a demonstration of the Slicer FX as I'm not sure that I'm getting the expected results. I've looked through the mapping comments and I'm pretty sure that the results I'm getting are not what were intended by the mapping.
The Sample Slicer mode (after pressing "Record Slice" you enter this mode by pressing Shift+Record Slice, you will know by the bottom 8 button's LEDs lighting up) is different from the old Sample Slicer mode in the original Deckalized mapping. From memory in Sample Slicer mode, the second row from the bottom triggers different Slicer values while the bottom 4 buttons incorporate other effects over the top of the Slicer effects. You can always go back to the original Slicer value by pressing the first Sample Slicer button (the leftmost button on the second row from the bottom). I hope this helps a bit.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by RossRader
My second knob on my cue master doesnt do anything.. what is it suppose to do? and is the first knob always a filter??
The first knob is always a Filter unless you press Shift in which case it becomes Key Control.

The second knob controls the Effect 2 parameter for FX Bank 3. The second fader turns FX Bank3 Effect 2 On when you move it down from the Top position. So when you move that fader down and activate that effect, you can modulate the paramter by using the second/right knob.

If you get confused, please reference the visual layout which you can download from my initial post where I uploaded the mappings.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by djproben
OK so what do you do after this when you have more than one controller? My problem is if I use the bottom left button, every other mapping is gone. So I can only do this with one controller, and then the rest have to be added from the pop up menu. How do you decide which comes first? I use several different controllers and it's a hassle every time I add or change one. I've already spent an hour trying to get the MF Pro mapping working alongside the VCI-100 mapping, and I haven't even added the others in yet. What's the best practice when using more than one controller?
Good question. My practice for this is to Export all of your settings before Importing any new mapping. This allows you to go back to settings you know worked if anything weird happens when trying to add in extra mappings.

Since the MF Pro mappings (and most of our other official mappings) have a custom effect order (which is why there is the common effect settings double import issue) I import a DJTT mapping first, in this case probably the MF Pro mapping for you.

After that you can add the rest of your mappings using the Add...->Import drop down box in the Controller Manager. Importing this way only imports the Controller mapping for a tsi file and not any of the other settings. So I would then add the rest of your mappings and if there are any other settings from your original setup, I would then import those (but make sure not to Import controller mappings or effect settings when doing that).
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by weltraumpapst
regarding the two different mappings..

is the one just for the knobs/fader/Fx preset and the other one for the arcade buttons?

if so, one could load the knobs/fader mapping and the IG mapping for the MF classic and enable 4 banks mode.. right?!
Yes.

and Yes.

Aside from making the mapping creation process much easier for me, splitting the mapping into the arcade button section and the extra Pro section allows just what you explained. I figured there were a fair amount of people already familiar with a MF Classic mapping that would want to use that and add some extra commands with the Pro controls. If you do use an existing MF mapping with the extra MF Pro FX section mapping there may be some effect conflicts though. This will likely just mean that some buttons that load and set up effects will take two presses instead of one, the first press changing the fx type and the second activating it.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Belmont!
Edit edit: Deck B reassigns the Bmash effect to Delay randomly now. Tested in a new user on the computer and experienced all the same issues. Went so far as to back up my settings/collection and uninstall/reinstall Traktor, but I'm still experiencing the same behavior.
If the effects aren't loading as expected (e.g., Beatmasher buttons triggering a Delay) it nearly always means that the TSI Effect Settings did not import properly.

This is a common Traktor issue that is fixed by re-importing the TSI file again using the Large Import button on the bottom left of Traktor's Preferences screen. If you use the Add..->Import button in the Controller Manager, Traktor will not import effect settings, so you need to use the Large Import button.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Belmont!
1) Is the row of masher buttons only supposed to work for Deck B? Or am I missing how to switch that? Shift+Sync to change deck focus isn't doing it.
The Beatmasher row of buttons should work on all Decks and my testing confirms this. My guess is that the Deck Focus (shown by the Deck letter being highlighter orange) is not changing when you are pressing Shift+Sync to change Deck Focus. The effect routing depends greatly on which Deck is focused for the "Focus" mappings.

If this is the case you need to go into Preferences->Global Settings and set the "Deck Focus" to "Software". Now you should see the Deck Focus moving on your screen when you press Shift+Sync.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by willinfluence
There is two parts to the mapping?
Please explain thanks
I believe Mclovin has adequately explained this already but Yes, both the "MF Pro FX..." mapping and the "MF_Deck+IG v1.5.7.3" are both necessary for the mapping to function properly. You will need to set the In-Port and Out-Port to your appropriate MF Pro for this mapping.

The reason they are split is because all Ean's MF Pro Traktor mappings share the same functionality for the 4x4 arcade button grid (the MF_Deck+IG v1.5.7.3 mapping).

This allowed me to work on the MF Pro specific sections of the mapping for each model without having to redo all of the arcade button section for each mapping. This also allows one to switch out the mapping for the arcade button section if you like a different mapping or want to make a custom mapping.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by DJGRE
when I switch from deck b>c then to 'D' it switches to browser mode and I lose sight of decks c and d until I manually switch back to any of the other 'view' modes. Do you know how I might be able to fix this or edit it?
If you would like to remove the Deck Layout from changing (with B->C or D->A) go into the Controller Manager, select the MF_Deck+IG v.1.5.7.3 mapping, sort by Comments, and Delete the two lines commented "Deck Layout"

Originally Posted by DJGRE
the only other bug i've noticed is just when pulling some tricky effect combos the midi fighter freezes... in the sense that the effects stay on - I turn them off with my mouse and then I have to unplug and replug the midifighter to get it to register. Obviously this could be unsettling live. Any advice?
This is strange and not something I have seen to date. My initial guess would be that it has to do with the computer you are using. I would test your MF Pro on a different computer and see if the issue persists.

If you find that the issue still occurs with further testing, please let us know.
Vicente Feldberg
I would like the gratification mapping for the MF Pro: Cue Master but with still the same mapping for the faders, rotators and the 4 little buttons.
Carson Cadieux
@ flashflooder

First of all, still absolutely loving this mapping! When can we get the promised instructional video? This mapping has been out for well over a month now. Personally I would like to confirm some of the expected behavior of this complex mapping.

I have noticed that only two of the Supercombos from the IG mapping work (Combo B - masher, and Combo C - buildup pause).

Also I would like to see a demonstration of the Slicer FX as I'm not sure that I'm getting the expected results. I've looked through the mapping comments and I'm pretty sure that the results I'm getting are not what were intended by the mapping.

Personally I would really like to see DJTT finish what they started with on the new MF Pros before moving on to new projects. Your devoted customers and fans deserve proper product support and documentation. Thanks guys!
Could not agree more with this. First, I admit to being a total NOOB in the MIDI-Fighter world (you have to start somewhere), and I understand that people should dig around and figure things out. I have been doing that and have no problem with it in the least. That being said, I ordered a cue master pro, have it hooked up with my Kontrol S4 and the focus mapping. The thing is, having never owned any midi fighter before, I really cannot tell you if it is doing all that it should be. Given all the mappings and knowledge that is out there, it is pretty tough to piece all of that together to know you have things working correctly. I bought the Kontrol S4, MF Pro #2023, the TMA headphones, etc. all at the same time and the S4 video certainly helped get me going. So, that being said, I will be a long-term follower of this site and customer. As a business person with a very demanding professional job, I have a blast coming home and playing with this stuff. When these new products are launched though, you have to keep in mind that there are people that are new to this that need support. Thanks for all the great products and information that is on the community . Also, if anyone has links to videos of someone using a cue master to its full potential, would love to see this as well.

Best, Shea.
Dimple Rawley
Yeah my right knob and fader arent doing shit and my beatmash stuff is doing delay instead

*Figured it out. You using the import button on the bottom left is crutial for the tsi mappings. If you try to do it in the controller settings (like I am used to) it wont assign the right stuff
robin loo
the left one is always filter. the right one always amout of FX 2 of Bank 3..
Neoma Alessi
My second knob on my cue master doesnt do anything.. what is it suppose to do? and is the first knob always a filter??
robin loo
Originally Posted by McLovin
I liked your idea of putting the Cue Master into 4 bank mode and then using the classic IG mapping alongside the FX mapping of the Cue Master. Was wondering if you tried it and were able to get it to work? I've been trying w/o any luck here.
yeah it works.. but i changed it. MFclassic IG mapping, MFpro cues on 4 banks..+ the fx on faders and knobs...
but it's a pain in the ass to reassign both midifighters everytime traktorstarts up, because of the same name of both units..
Adria Kuennen
Originally Posted by weltraumpapst
yes it is.. awesome. IG 4 banks mapping on the arcade buttons, cuemaster mapping on faders.. and the MF classic for cuepoints ander other cool stuff..
I liked your idea of putting the Cue Master into 4 bank mode and then using the classic IG mapping alongside the FX mapping of the Cue Master. Was wondering if you tried it and were able to get it to work? I've been trying w/o any luck here.
Hyo Auricchio
what are the effects presets supposed to be? im not sure mine are correct
Ethel Saracco
@ flashflooder

First of all, still absolutely loving this mapping! When can we get the promised instructional video? This mapping has been out for well over a month now. Personally I would like to confirm some of the expected behavior of this complex mapping.

Personally I would really like to see DJTT finish what they started with on the new MF Pros before moving on to new projects. Your devoted customers and fans deserve proper product support and documentation. Thanks guys!
Danae Dumler
Then use the large import button on the bottom left of the preferences, set your In/Out ports for the corresponding mappings and you should be good to go.
OK so what do you do after this when you have more than one controller? My problem is if I use the bottom left button, every other mapping is gone. So I can only do this with one controller, and then the rest have to be added from the pop up menu. How do you decide which comes first? I use several different controllers and it's a hassle every time I add or change one. I've already spent an hour trying to get the MF Pro mapping working alongside the VCI-100 mapping, and I haven't even added the others in yet. What's the best practice when using more than one controller?
robin loo
yes it is.. awesome. IG 4 banks mapping on the arcade buttons, cuemaster mapping on faders.. and the MF classic for cuepoints ander other cool stuff..
robin loo
regarding the two different mappings..

is the one just for the knobs/fader/Fx preset and the other one for the arcade buttons?

if so, one could load the knobs/fader mapping and the IG mapping for the MF classic and enable 4 banks mode.. right?!
Lavenia Neild
Ok, so after setting the in/out ports on both of the mapping options, it does work better now. The effects don't unassign themselves anymore. However, the Bmash buttons still only work for Deck B.

Edit: Spoke too soon. FX are completely unassigned for Deck A on two of the four banks now even after deleting and reimporting the tsi.

Edit edit: Deck B reassigns the Bmash effect to Delay randomly now. Tested in a new user on the computer and experienced all the same issues. Went so far as to back up my settings/collection and uninstall/reinstall Traktor, but I'm still experiencing the same behavior.

How many people are using this mapping vs. making their own? Just curious.
Lavenia Neild
Mine came yesterday and it's smaller than I imagined it would be. Very very sturdy, though. Feels like one solid piece of metal. Looooove those buttons.
Ella Rick
Good to know, thanks for the heads up
I'm just waiting for my cue master to arrive now, can't wait
Lavenia Neild
Thanks a lot! I'll give that a shot when I get home. I've got a feeling that will work for me, since that's the only thing I haven't done.
Adria Kuennen
Yeah make sure your Midifighter is plugged in before you start Traktor, b/c for me, it doesn't show up as a port option unless it's plugged in before starting Traktor.

Now when you go into Controller Manager you should see "MF Pro Cue Master" as a port option. Set that MF Pro Cue Master for both the in and out port on the two parts of the mapping (MF_Deck+IGv1.5.7.3 and MF Pro FX Cue Master)

Give that a shot and see if you have better luck using your new Midifighter
Lavenia Neild
When you say you assigned the in/out ports to the cuemaster, what was the exact option you chose? I see None, Traktor Virtual Input, and All Ports.

Granted, I don't have my cuemaster plugged in right now. Does it show up as an option if plugged in?
Adria Kuennen
Initially I thought that all I needed was one or the other of the two mappings that appeared after importing the .tsi file, but then I found that my Cuemaster didn't work properly until I assigned the in & out ports to the Cuemaster on both the "MF_DECK+IG v1.5.7.3" & "MF Pro FX - Cuemaster" mappings.
Lavenia Neild
Well, when importing the tsi file for the Cue Master, two new mappings appear on the list.

So I guess the question is, are they really separate, or am I missing something? I always feel like I'm missing a step lol
Ella Rick
Yeah that's what I thought, one tsi file per mapping is the norm
Lavenia Neild
I saw the two different parts, but I assumed those were just two different mapping options to choose from, and not mandatory for the full assignment to work correctly.
Ella Rick
McLovin
There is two parts to the mapping?
Please explain thanks
Adria Kuennen
There are 2 parts to the mapping after importing the .tsi file. Make sure you assign both parts of the mapping.
Lavenia Neild
I downloaded the focus AB version of this mapping today and have a couple of questions:

1) Is the row of masher buttons only supposed to work for Deck B? Or am I missing how to switch that? Shift+Sync to change deck focus isn't doing it.

2) Has anyone else had issues with pressing certain combos of buttons unassigning FX mappings? I believe I saw someone on page one of this thread describe something similar, but I wasn't sure if it was this exact issue.

I've reloaded my settings then re-imported the .tsi for the Focus AB mapping a couple of times but it hasn't affected anything, which is why I thought I'd ask if I was missing something.

Edit: Wanted to clarify, I downloaded the Focus AB mapping for the Cue Master. After importing the tsi, I've selected MF_Deck+IG v 1.5.7.3. When using the MF Pro FX - Cue Master (Focus AB) mapping, the FX don't unassign themselves, but the Bmash buttons still only work on Deck B.
Adria Kuennen
I figured out my issue with the mapping. I wasn't using the shift + sync buttons on the midi fighter when trying to switch deck focus. I was using shift + sync on my MC6000. Whoops....the new mapping is really awesome!
Adria Kuennen
Flashflooder,

Great job on the focus mapping. It's awesome but I can only get it to function correctly when deck A is the focus. When any of the other 3 decks are the focus only the top 4 arcade buttons work. I have no other functionality. I've tried deleting all of the old TSI files from my pc, then using the big import button to load your new focus mapping. I've also made sure that both parts of the mapping are set to the correct MF Cuemaster ports, yet I only get full functionality on deck A. Am I missing a step or overlooking something here?

Tnx
Audry Croxford
Hi Flashflooder,

Thank you for your work on this, great job on the mappings. Using the focus mapping and love it so far. But here are my two notes: when I switch from deck b>c then to 'D' it switches to browser mode and I lose sight of decks c and d until I manually switch back to any of the other 'view' modes. Do you know how I might be able to fix this or edit it? the only other bug i've noticed is just when pulling some tricky effect combos the midi fighter freezes... in the sense that the effects stay on - I turn them off with my mouse and then I have to unplug and replug the midifighter to get it to register. Obviously this could be unsettling live. Any advice?

Thanks!
Ella Rick
Re import your tsi file again maybe?

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy