MF Pro Beat Masher Mapping (Traktor Pro)

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MF Pro Beat Masher Mapping (Traktor Pro)Reply
MF Pro Beat Masher Mapping (Traktor Pro)
Posted on: 10.06.2011 by Jodi Lacerra
The MF Pro Beat Masher mapping for Traktor Pro in finally here!

Please use the Large Import button on the bottom left section of the Preferences window to import this mapping.

After doing so, please go into the Controller Manager section of Preferences and set the appropriate In-Ports and Out-Ports for your MF Pro Beat Masher.

There will be a video tutorial on this mapping in the future; for now please refer to the visual layout.

This is a Deck Specific mapping where each MF Pro Beat Masher is designed to only control one deck, Deck A or Deck B.

The core 4x4 arcade button part of this mapping takes concepts from both the Deckalized mapping and the Instant Gratification mapping; however, it is not a direct combination of both. For example, Shift+Record will still trigger Juggle Mode when not "Recording". However, if you press Shift+Record while "Recording" you will find that the "Sample Slicer" functionality has dramatically changed.

EDIT: The Focus mappings are now available to download below. To move the Deck Focus around, Press the Shift button + the Sync button. "Focus" will move from Decks A->B->C->D->A, but "Focus AB" moves from A->B->A.

Please use this community thread for any bugs or questions regarding this mapping.

EDIT: Mappings now updated to v2.3.1. Only major change is that there is now an FX Preset 4.
Jade Agnoli
I got my MFP Beat Masher yesterday and connected it to my MBP through a powered USB-hub (Sharing the macbooks USB slot with my VCI-100 SE). My Audio 2 DJ soundcard uses the other single USBslot. I am experiencing some problems with the faders and the FX preset buttons on the Midi Fighter Pro. I use Traktor Pro.

1. The FXbuttons doesnt always load the same 3 effects, it almost seems to load at random.

2.After maybe 20-30 seconds of playing with the faders the effects will change there too. Example: Gater might all of the sudden become Beatmasher. Also the faders will sometimes not trigger an effect.

Am I the only one experiencing this problems? Is it something in the .tsi or could the fault be that Traktor can't handle both my VCI and the Midi Fighter Pro? Would be very grateful for any help / thoughts!

As a side note - I used the large importbutton for the vci-100 mapping and then the edit-importbutton for the beat masher focus A-B mapping) No other way of importing the mappings worked together.

// Leon
Nerissa Lampropoulos
This is the first time I've ever tried mapping anything out so I'm about besides myself at the moment. I've downloaded the zips in the first post, I'm not sure which one to import into TP2, but what I do have in there now lets me use the faders for decks A and not for deck B and none of the buttons are responding. The blue LED shows up, but nothing happens.

Any help or a link that is a "how to" for mapping?
Azalee Howen
Hi, Ive downloaded the mappings for beatmasher focus (both focus a-b & focus) but I cant manage to change the focus from deck A on both mappings, I press shift + synch but the midifighter still only controls deck a. Please help...
Thanks
Dave
Eneida Aanonsen
I want to incorporate the Traktor S4 funtionality into Traktor Pro, but not 100% sure yet whether I do want to create this for Traktor Pro , or just already use Traktor S4 for this.
Krishna Hospelhorn
focusAB bug:

when selecting FX presets 2 and 4, the dry/wet amount for FX2 is not set. its a minor thing but I figure I should probably point it out
Sabrina Jetton
I am have similar issues.

I downloaded the 4 Beatmasher Mapping zip files. I unzipped them. The layout one says it is corrupted and no file shows.
The others do not have a TSI extenstion so I am not sure how they would import into Traktor. Nevertheless I tried it, no success. I even renamed them with a TSI extenstion still no success.
I also tried with 7zip as per someone in this thread, still the same thing -no luck. Not sure if that person tried it with success or I was a guinea pig, let me know if it worked for anyone with 7zip, or any other way.

Help us!

>>>>>>>>>>

Looks Like I found a fix! I downloaded the files via Mozilla, mappings show up with the tsi extension, and able to import the file downloaded into Traktor.
Must be an Internet Explorer download issue in my case. Now to try my MF Pro Beatmasher..
Meg Reinoehl
Originally Posted by fzerox
This is my findings!

When I download on my Windows 7 x64 machine and extract with winRAR the file is useless.

BUT

When i download on my Macbook pro it works!
Try using 7-zip to extract instead. I've had better success with that over Winzip/WinRAR.
Meg Reinoehl
Originally Posted by Skerrplunk
Thanks. I'm already using the latest version (2.0.2) so I guess I'll have to try uninstalling / reinstalling / updating. If I do that, will I lose all of my playlists, loop recorder samples, etc?
Back up your prefs/samples before uninstalling?
Nelson Kilsdonk
This is my findings!

When I download on my Windows 7 x64 machine and extract with winRAR the file is useless.

BUT

When i download on my Macbook pro it works!
Merry Piesik
Thanks. I'm already using the latest version (2.0.2) so I guess I'll have to try uninstalling / reinstalling / updating. If I do that, will I lose all of my playlists, loop recorder samples, etc?
Meg Reinoehl
Has anyone ever figured out what this error message means? I spoke with Chris from DJTT and he hadn't seen it before. We tried to troubleshoot it together but couldn't figure it out...
The only info I could find on Google in regards to a resolution was either updating Traktor to the latest version or uninstalling/reinstalling/updating which did work in a couple cases.
Merry Piesik
Has anyone ever figured out what this error message means? I spoke with Chris from DJTT and he hadn't seen it before. We tried to troubleshoot it together but couldn't figure it out...
Nelson Kilsdonk
Just got my beat masher back after DJTT had to fix an issue with it. Trying to import the TSI file and am getting a Traktor error message: "error while parsing settings file on import"

What does this mean and what should I do?
I have the same issue on a PC!

Hilfe!
Merry Piesik
Just got my beat masher back after DJTT had to fix an issue with it. Trying to import the TSI file and am getting a Traktor error message: "error while parsing settings file on import"

What does this mean and what should I do?
Letty Olewiler
Does your CPU bog down or does it just not work?
Archie Ynoa
Originally Posted by ethan
i need assistance. Im running a macbook 7,1. 2 gigs ram and 2.4ghz intel core 2 duo. when i use my s4 in traktor pro 2 everything is fine and dandy but when i upload my mf pro(beatmasher) tsi files into traktor my cpu just freezes the whole program and shuts it down. i tookm my comp into apple and had them do i diagnostic to make sure it wasnt anything with the computer so it wasnt and i was told to just restore everything and reinstall everything. after doing that i experience the same problem. should i add more ram or is there something else i can do. also ive tried fiddling with the input output routings and usually it freezes up while doing that
Honestly I can't get nothing but my S4 working with TP2. But TP it's all good. I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong but have yet to get it Workin. Mf classic nor mf pro!!
Letty Olewiler
i need assistance. Im running a macbook 7,1. 2 gigs ram and 2.4ghz intel core 2 duo. when i use my s4 in traktor pro 2 everything is fine and dandy but when i upload my mf pro(beatmasher) tsi files into traktor my cpu just freezes the whole program and shuts it down. i tookm my comp into apple and had them do i diagnostic to make sure it wasnt anything with the computer so it wasnt and i was told to just restore everything and reinstall everything. after doing that i experience the same problem. should i add more ram or is there something else i can do. also ive tried fiddling with the input output routings and usually it freezes up while doing that
Russ Strutt
Originally Posted by No Left Turn
By default, the MIDI Fighter will operate on MIDI Channel 3.

The bottom left button sends MIDI note C2. To the right it is C#2. To the right of that is D2, and so on and so on.
So its the same for the midi fighter pro? Cool... This is gonna take a while
Meg Reinoehl
Originally Posted by marky_tool
Hahah i was hoping for something s little more specific but its a starting point thanks
By default, the MIDI Fighter will operate on MIDI Channel 3.

The bottom left button sends MIDI note C2. To the right it is C#2. To the right of that is D2, and so on and so on.
Russ Strutt
Originally Posted by No Left Turn
Channel 3... C2-D#3
Hahah i was hoping for something s little more specific but its a starting point thanks
Ethel Saracco
Is it just me or is there only 3 FX presets in this mapping?
Meg Reinoehl
Channel 3... C2-D#3
Russ Strutt
dont suppose anybody knows what the midi fighter pro outputs? as far as midi notes goes?
Meg Reinoehl
This mapping is so sick! Thanks DJTT!
Archie Ynoa
Will there be a mapping for the mf pro's like the 4 banks IG mapping?
devozz baby
Originally Posted by flashflooder
Yes, all of the MF Pros can use each others mappings. However, the may not work very well because each MF Pro's mapping is designed to ergonomically work with the specific controls of that MF Pro.
So the "super knob" has the same values on the knobs as the faders on the "beat
Masher"?
it would just take some remapping then?
Jodi Lacerra
In case people didn't notice I just uploaded "Focus" versions of this mapping to the initial post. With "Focus" mappings you can use a single MF Pro to control Decks A through D or just A&B ("Focus AB"). The "Focus" allows you to switch which decks you are controlling, not control multiple decks at once.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by djdijon
I currently uploaded the mappings for beat masher MFP, but the super faders don't work.
Help!?
Could it be that I am using Traktor Scratch Pro 2 and should be using Traktor Pro 2?
Scratch vs Pro should make no difference. It is likely an issue with your In/Out ports settings if part of the mapping isn't working.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by other1
I wonder if the Midi Fighter Pro "super knob" would be able to use this mapping?
Yes, all of the MF Pros can use each others mappings. However, the may not work very well because each MF Pro's mapping is designed to ergonomically work with the specific controls of that MF Pro.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by skippy72
will this mapping only work on the midi fighter pros or will it work on the x1 controllers?
Only MF Pros
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by djdijon
I currently uploaded the mappings for beat masher MFP, but the super faders don't work.
Help!?
Could it be that I am using Traktor Scratch Pro 2 and should be using Traktor Pro 2?
No, it should work. Check that your ports are set correctly for the MF Pro FX mappings (which are for the extra knob/fader and button portion of the MF Pro). If you are using the Deck Specific mapping make sure you have not set the ports for Decks A and B to the same MF Pro or else they will disable effects on each other making it seem like it doesn't work.
Archie Ynoa
anyone get this working with tp2???
Ethel Saracco
@ djdijon

You need to set the in/out ports in Traktor Controller Manager for both parts of the mapping. One part is for the standard 16 buttons and the other part is for the faders, knob and square buttons. I can't remember what they are called in the mapping, but it should be pretty obvious when you look in controller manager.
Nova Penor
Help!?
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by ivantodorov

As a side note, I'm using this with the S4. After "importing" the mapping, my S4 controller seems to disappear and I have to re-add it.
That's normal. I don't know for your other question, but I would probably try just the A's first.
Tony Finkes
Question:

After "importing" the mapping I get 4 new devices:

MF Pro FX Beatmasher [Deck A]
MF Pro FX Beatmasher [Deck B]
MF_A - Deck + IGv1.5.7
MF_B - Deck + IGv1.5.7

If I have only 1 MFProBeatmasher device do I assign the in/out ports to only the As for the MF Pro and MF_A devices or just the MF Pro devices? With another words, why am I getting 2 types of devices for A and B? Should I assign both to in/out ports under the MF Pro Beat Masher device or just one?

As a side note, I'm using this with the S4. After "importing" the mapping, my S4 controller seems to disappear and I have to re-add it.
devozz baby
I wonder if the Midi Fighter Pro "super knob" would be able to use this mapping?
Franklin Conroy
will this mapping only work on the midi fighter pros or will it work on the x1 controllers?
Bridgette Mcmillan
Not a disappointment. Total satisfaction. Every time I use the faders I find a different combination that does something very musical and it sounds fantastic.

I have rarely used the instagrad+deckalized setup on the buttons, which is awesome because it means that there's that much more to experiment with.

I wonder if sample mode and cue point juggle have any modifiers with the faders?
Edgar Trotz
I love it, It would be cool if we could "flip the page" to A set off effects that are similar, but with the Instant Gratification Gater presets. For some reason, I use the hell out of lofi/bitcrushers, gaters, and various phasers. If you could set two of the FX preset buttons as effects page flip buttons for the bottom two rows of buttons, that would be amazing. It would take away from the FX Presets though. I have yet to play with this fully, I'll try and give more feedback later.

Edit:
It looks like I just have to get better and more precise with the faders and I'll my gater stuff locked down.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy