MF Pro Beat Masher Mapping (Traktor Pro)

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MF Pro Beat Masher Mapping (Traktor Pro)Reply
MF Pro Beat Masher Mapping (Traktor Pro)
Posted on: 10.06.2011 by Jodi Lacerra
The MF Pro Beat Masher mapping for Traktor Pro in finally here!

Please use the Large Import button on the bottom left section of the Preferences window to import this mapping.

After doing so, please go into the Controller Manager section of Preferences and set the appropriate In-Ports and Out-Ports for your MF Pro Beat Masher.

There will be a video tutorial on this mapping in the future; for now please refer to the visual layout.

This is a Deck Specific mapping where each MF Pro Beat Masher is designed to only control one deck, Deck A or Deck B.

The core 4x4 arcade button part of this mapping takes concepts from both the Deckalized mapping and the Instant Gratification mapping; however, it is not a direct combination of both. For example, Shift+Record will still trigger Juggle Mode when not "Recording". However, if you press Shift+Record while "Recording" you will find that the "Sample Slicer" functionality has dramatically changed.

EDIT: The Focus mappings are now available to download below. To move the Deck Focus around, Press the Shift button + the Sync button. "Focus" will move from Decks A->B->C->D->A, but "Focus AB" moves from A->B->A.

Please use this community thread for any bugs or questions regarding this mapping.

EDIT: Mappings now updated to v2.3.1. Only major change is that there is now an FX Preset 4.
Leighann Kashat
Is it possible to get a 4-banks version of the MF beatmasher? Would be cool to have a single MF pro handeling FX while having two other MF classics running the deckalized mapping?
Cliff Lohman
Check out the 1st page of thread for the jpg of the mapping layout..

The things that arent covered so well in that jpg are these:
1. Press RECORD SLICE to initiate a loop. While loop is active, press SHIFT and SLICE button and 8 leds light up.. each of these will allow you to do different slicer efx mods.
2. If you press SHIFT + SLICE button without the slice loop active - that will bring up a checkered LED pattern which is basically JUGGLE MODE - simply its your 8 hotcues.
3. Square FX preset buttons 1, 2, 3, 4 - the parameters of what the buttons do dont really change but rather you get different efx loaded to ur effect decks. Just play with these and ull see what I mean.
Those are the main things that arent outlined in the jpg.. does that help?
Cliff Lohman
Originally Posted by LIVEMAU5
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone help me, where can i find a detailed tutorial or set of instructions of the Beatmasher controls. Ive been searching for a while and cant find it...
Isnt there a jpg that comes with the mapping that describes them? If not, remind me and ill post something toevening .
Loria Capwell
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone help me, where can i find a detailed tutorial or set of instructions of the Beatmasher controls. Ive been searching for a while and cant find it...
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by dj flb
i am having a problem with my mf, i just recived today and instead of beat masher been on the third row or even been on the effect presets it is reverb there, which is really anoying anyone no how to change this? and also everytime i change the focus it changes the view!
If you're having issues with the wrong effects loading you will want to re-import the mapping using the large Import button on the bottom left of the Preferences. It often takes two imports for the effect settings to load properly unfortunately.

Please note that the bottom left Import button will overwrite your other mappings and settings so it is always safe to Export your settings first in case you want to be able to revert to them.

As for the view changing when change the focus, you can remove this if you like by going into the Controller Manager, selecting the "MF Pro_Deck+IG..." mapping, sorting by Comments, finding the two lines commented "Deck Layout" and deleting them. Now changing Focus won't change your layout view!
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by TKS4
Pressing Play to Play the track is fine, having to press Shift+Play to pause is a little annoying. Accidentally, pressing play again will cause it to go to where ever your Cue is in the song (beginning in my case) which is the most annoying thing I'd ever encountered.
If you want to change this it is pretty simple. Just follow these steps:

Go into the MF Pro_Deck+IG mapping in the Controller Manager

Sort by Comments (the far right column, you will probably want to extend this column to the right too so you can read the comments)

Find those labeled "Play (Re-Play)" and "Play/Pause" and change the Condition for each of these lines from M7=0 to M7=1 and vice versa (M7=1 to M7=0).

That should be it! In case you're wondering, M7 is the Shift modifier so when Shift is held M7 becomes one but normally M7 is 0.
Maranda Malins
i am having a problem with my mf, i just recived today and instead of beat masher been on the third row or even been on the effect presets it is reverb there, which is really anoying anyone no how to change this? and also everytime i change the focus it changes the view!
Petio Petev
Originally Posted by TKS4
pressing play again will cause it to go to where ever your Cue is in the song (beginning in my case) which is the most annoying thing I'd ever encountered.
I did this very blunder last evening playing at a nye party, so frustrating, wish there was a way to prevent this, all accidental pushes of the other buttons are easy to recover from but when you hit this one it can make you look so stupid.
Leighann Kashat
Has anyone managed to make a 4-banks mode mapping for the beatmasher?
Cliff Lohman
Originally Posted by dj flb
can anyone do a mpping to cahnge the tempo buttons at the bottom , sorry but i am new to the scene.
check out the mapping i just posted.. i replaced that whole bottom row with efx..
Maranda Malins
can anyone do a mpping to cahnge the tempo buttons at the bottom , sorry but i am new to the scene.
Lura Argomaniz
I do like the mapping for the beatmasher but there are things I don't like.

1)The tempo buttons are useless to me, I never use them.

2)Pressing Play to Play the track is fine, having to press Shift+Play to pause is a little annoying. Accidentally, pressing play again will cause it to go to where ever your Cue is in the song (beginning in my case) which is the most annoying thing I'd ever encountered. Mixing a song and then having to deal with going back all the way to beginning of your song (in my case) is a pain in the ass. I have tried to fix this myself in the mapping, didn't work as well as I thought.

Everything else, I am absolutely satisfied with. I use my beatmasher daily. I'd be even more happier if the things were changed.
Cliff Lohman
squeezed out a few last updates:
- basically, if u hit a preset button, ull get the normal efx loaded. But then hold shift + press the SAME lit preset button and ull wind up with a new effect mainly in EFFECT UNIT 2/SLOT 2.
- then use the faders as usual and the new efx2slot2 effect will be used.
- simply press the preset again to go back to stock mapping.

NOTE: By the way, all of this is done from the Focus(AB) mapping which provides u 2 controllers upon import. I am attaching those 2 mappings:
1. the button mapping (see my previous post from over weekend)
2. the fader/preset mapping (attached to this message)
** please use the button mapping attached to this post (not one from a few days ago cuz I made some minor cleanup/fixes.

Im fairly confident that these mapping work with little to no problems but let me know if u find anything.

Would love to hear some constructive criticism on my 1st mapping attempt of any signifigance.
Cliff Lohman
Originally Posted by Argos
+1 on swapping out the tempo row, I've been believeing about doing that for awhile. Another thing I was considering was swapping out the top row and adding a manual switch from Deck A -> B rather than than the two-button toggle business. I generally use my S4 to handle transport and would rather just have the MFPro as an effects controller.
The play button row actually grew on me.. Didnt believe id use it but it comes in handy for when ur juggling things and freezing, etc. sometimes the play/stop come in handy. Id like to put a temp cue point and jump to cuepoint there tho too..

Im pretty sure u can take the classic instant grat mapping and get that to work for the button section easily enough.

Anybody done that? The faders dont rely on the buttons so i cant see why it wouldnt work..
Christina Fallo
+1 on swapping out the tempo row, I've been believeing about doing that for awhile. Another thing I was considering was swapping out the top row and adding a manual switch from Deck A -> B rather than than the two-button toggle business. I generally use my S4 to handle transport and would rather just have the MFPro as an effects controller.
Cliff Lohman
Heres a new button section mapping that Im a little more comfortable works as I was hoping..

Changes from the stock mapping:

D#3 B2 G2 D#2
D3 A#2 F#2 D2
C#3 A2 F2 C#2
KNOB C3 G#2 E2 C2

Refer to the buttons as if the filter knob was on ur bottom right.

I mostly focused on freeze style effects along with dropping temp cue point when freezing the efx so that u return to the cuepoint when disengaging. All efx I added are on efx unit 4. Im sure theres better ways to go about some of this so feel free to make any mapping suggestions that would improve or make this easier to use. Some of the workarounds involved with getting efx unit 4 to change parameters are due to the modifiers which i couldnt remove without causing a bunch of other functions to fail.

Button B2 (original instant echo delay):
How to switch to parameters if on another efx: press SHIFT + button twice
Change: drops temp cue point when engaging + returns to it when disengaging

Button D#2 (iceverb - new):
How to switch: press button twice
Use: press + hold to freeze iceverb and keep holding to reduce SIZE parameter.
Shift + holding will do a non-frozen iceverb and reduce COLOR from 100 to 0 (50% Dry/Wet)

Button D2 (TTFX - new)
How to switch: press shift + button once
Use: Press once to engage and drop temp cuepoint. Wait for approx 8 beats. Press again to disengage and return to temp cuepoint.
** I was having trouble getting the decks efxunit4 to turn off so if u need it off, u can do it by pressing the main echo freeze button.

Button C#2 (AutoBouncer - new)
How to switch: press button once
Use: Press + hold to engage and increase BEND while dropping temp cue point.
- While engaged, press shift + button to increase pattern.
- While engaged, press either button itself (if u werent holding shift) OR button + shift (if u were holding shift) to return to cuepoint.

Button C2 (Delay - new parameters)
Use: press + HOLD to engage 3/8 beat freeze delay w/ feedback (release to turn efx off)
- shift + button + HOLD to engage 50% wet 3/8 beat choppy sounding delay

Filter Knob (new shift function)
Use: Hold shift button while twisting knob to turn filter OFF when u reach 100% on either end. Gives a nice sweeping sound and drop when done over 4 - 8 beats in time.

And toevening I give my buddy the mfpro for his bday so I am bmasher-less. I believe I can probably use my mf classic to continue to tweak this but im not sure..

Its been quite an education in mapping lol
Vickey Fransway
I'm in the camp of alternatives to tempo buttons. I use it with an s4 and don't need them at all. Anything would be fine. I like the idea of freeze effects or maybe even a second beat masher with different variables and secondary effects.

XpoZur
Cliff Lohman
Originally Posted by flashflooder
Hey guys, if there are specific changes that a majority of users would like to be made to this default mapping, let me know and I will try to find time to do so in the future. It's great that some of you are taking interest in mapping and are feeling the power of being able to make small custom changes but I'd be happy to help and since I created and commented the mapping for those of you who are bewildered or have no interest in mucking around in mapping land. I recently read some mentions of an IG style mapping.

Also, most of the supercombos should be in this mapping (except for those that require pressing the "sampler" button or the tempo buttons). The main questions I have for people in regards to an IG style mapping are:

Any need for Tempo/Tempo bend controls?
Do you want to keep the "Sampler" and thus "Sample Slicer" mode?
Do you want to keep the Juggle mode?
Are you happy with how the faders and FX presets work or do you want them changed?

That should give me a good idea of where to start. Feel free to make any other major comments and I will try to look at all of them before I work on this (when I have time to do so).
**ATTACHED MAPPING IS STILL IN PROGRESS - PLEASE DONT USE UNLESS UR FAMILIAR WITH HOW TO SWAP OUT MAPPINGS**

Glad to hear cuz I have no idea what Im doing - but its been cool trying to unravel the mapping and adjust it..

The one place I got really tripped up was on Modifier #2 of the button mapping.. would you be able to provide a list of what those modifiers are doing? Actually it would be great if you had all the modifier conditions?

That said, I was hoping to just turn those 4 tempo buttons into 4 more effects.. the one I was working on modifying made those buttons:
1. Iceverb (regular press would give a similar FREEZE effect as the echo button)
(shift + iceverb would give a non-freeze version and pressing it again would take parameter 2 and decrease it)
2. TTFX (pressing once would drop a temp cue point and engage the TTFX - pressing it again would transport back to the cue point and disengage the TTFX) - I was having trouble with the temp cue point so I took it out for the moment.
3. Delay - just a standard delay effect
4. ???? - didnt get that far

Attached is the button section of the mapping that I adjusted. The only other changes I believe I made were:
1. shift + filter would turn the filter knob OFF once you reached 100% in either direction
2. I took out the hotcues that you could use with SHIFT + the 8 buttons (they seemed a bit redundant but I can see these being useful. They were causing some issues with trying to use shift + the buttons for efx so I took lazy way out)

Im attaching my mapping (sort by COMMENTS for the "ks" and "_ks" commented commands to see my feeble attempt at mapping

Its been interesting and has really helped me learn what the hell mapping is all about. I can now say I truly understand modifiers and probably 50% of mapping commands in depth. I spent probably 4 hours doing these changes (+ researching things in between). Takes alot of persistence so I commend you for putting this together.

Other ideas I've thought about:
1. Shift + the preset buttons - give you 4 more FX presets that are basically the same but provide you with a different D/W parameter (FXunit2 at D/W 50%-60% is a fave of mine for beatmashing over the dry beat)
2. Similar to the idea for TTFX - i'd love the option to drop a temp cue point when engaging + disengaging any kind of "freeze" style efx.

Im attaching my mapping in case anybody wants to check out what I did.. you could easily adjust the parameters for my added efx.
Colin Sobin
For me the tempo buttons are not needed/wanted due to my other controller that deals with all that mixing stuff
I would prefer a performance mapping with cue juggling, sample slicing and instant gratification effects
Maybe using the spare preset button to flip through the three different types of mappings

This would be an awesome addition to the mapping and with the faders maybe having some use for when you are in cue juggling mode or sample slicing mode.

Hope my input helped
Jodi Lacerra
Hey guys, if there are specific changes that a majority of users would like to be made to this default mapping, let me know and I will try to find time to do so in the future. It's great that some of you are taking interest in mapping and are feeling the power of being able to make small custom changes but I'd be happy to help and since I created and commented the mapping for those of you who are bewildered or have no interest in mucking around in mapping land. I recently read some mentions of an IG style mapping.

Also, most of the supercombos should be in this mapping (except for those that require pressing the "sampler" button or the tempo buttons). The main questions I have for people in regards to an IG style mapping are:

Any need for Tempo/Tempo bend controls?
Do you want to keep the "Sampler" and thus "Sample Slicer" mode?
Do you want to keep the Juggle mode?
Are you happy with how the faders and FX presets work or do you want them changed?

That should give me a good idea of where to start. Feel free to make any other major comments and I will try to look at all of them before I work on this (when I have time to do so).
Lura Argomaniz
My Midi Fighter Pro Beatmasher is working great and I love it but when I ever switch decks, SHIFT+SYNC, one or two times (on the Focus mapping). My layout changes between "Browser" and "Essential" and basically disables my Effects until I change to "Mixer" or my custom layout. I then have to manually change the layout which is extremely annoying. I really need this fixed because I transition songs between decks all the time.

This problem is occuring in Traktor 2.1.1
Cliff Lohman
Originally Posted by Legotist
Thanks for sharing your knowledge. For the suggestions maybe you can add the sweep drama effect? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMbsAIBs3uE

I don't know if it's possible to map it on one button.
Lil advanced but ill give it a try.. May need to try to use the faders or something..

Im also going to use the turntable effect stop/start on the remaining knob..

Then ill clean up any 'conflicts' and send tsi.
Son Laverriere
Originally Posted by kevz718
absolutely but i am a total beginner so dont expect perfection please..

I just added another mod.. I noticed the filter knob sends a seperate note when its at its maxed positions which was not in use with the current mapping. So I mapped a command that turns the filter OFF if your holding shift and you twist the knob to 5 or 7 oclock so you can sweep the filter and have the sound kick back in. itll kick the filter back on when u twist back towards 12 o'clock. Im liking it.

As I said, I can see myself getting addicted to this mapping business.. I unfortunately have to give up the mfpro next week for my boys bday lol.. Im gonna need to get one I believe.

I will send u my TSI next week cuz I noticed theres some weird stuff going on when I use hotcue mode due to the way I mapped the new echos.. the LED output apparently is a modifier so theres some weird LED behavior.

I also took out the hotcues that were avail on the shift + 2 bottom rows cuz I didnt need those..

I have 2 more buttons that I need to map effects to (bottom row middle 2 buttons).. suggestions? I may do non-echo/delay effects on those buttons.. what r ur favorite traktor efx that arent on the mapping already? If u give me the parameters for the knobs, ill try em out..
Thanks for sharing your knowledge. For the suggestions maybe you can add the sweep drama effect? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMbsAIBs3uE

I don't know if it's possible to map it on one button.
Cliff Lohman
Can you share your mapping as soon as you finish it please?
absolutely but i am a total beginner so dont expect perfection please..

I just added another mod.. I noticed the filter knob sends a seperate note when its at its maxed positions which was not in use with the current mapping. So I mapped a command that turns the filter OFF if your holding shift and you twist the knob to 5 or 7 oclock so you can sweep the filter and have the sound kick back in. itll kick the filter back on when u twist back towards 12 o'clock. Im liking it.

As I said, I can see myself getting addicted to this mapping business.. I unfortunately have to give up the mfpro next week for my boys bday lol.. Im gonna need to get one I believe.

I will send u my TSI next week cuz I noticed theres some weird stuff going on when I use hotcue mode due to the way I mapped the new echos.. the LED output apparently is a modifier so theres some weird LED behavior.

I also took out the hotcues that were avail on the shift + 2 bottom rows cuz I didnt need those..

I have 2 more buttons that I need to map effects to (bottom row middle 2 buttons).. suggestions? I may do non-echo/delay effects on those buttons.. what r ur favorite traktor efx that arent on the mapping already? If u give me the parameters for the knobs, ill try em out..
Son Laverriere
Im kinda proud of myself.. last evening I did my first modification to the beatmasher mapping to turn two of the tempo buttons into freeze style efx with some modifier action. I did a shorter delay + an iceverb effect that Im pretty happy with. By doing this for an hour or so, I believe ive finally come to grips with what modifiers do and how they are useful so it was a good excercise in midi controllers for me. Ill be doing the other 2 buttons at some point soon and that row will become all different delay style efx (or maybe reverb freezes). By understanding the modifiers, I was confident that I wasnt going to mess anything up in the other controls by changing stuff.

I also found out that on the bmasher pro main 'page', there were controls to do quick hotcue sets + quick loop sets using shift + the 2 bottom rows. I got rid off the cue set commands.

I can see myself getting addicted to mapping pretty soon..
Can you share your mapping as soon as you finish it please?
Son Laverriere
Im pretty sure all the supercombos are present on the standard bmasher mapping (they are a lil different than the classic combos but same buttons cause them). I owned a classic since may or june so i got a lil bored of the standard IG mapping.. Try the supercombo buttons on the bmasher mapping and then use the faders to mess with the transpose(or sometimes gater) effect.. its pretty cool..
I will try, but the only thing I wanna really change is that Tempo an Tempo Bend buttons that are useless. When you have a decent controller (S4) next to your MF.
Cliff Lohman
The best and the easy way for me is to apply the IG Mapping on the MFPB... We can have the Super Combo!
Im pretty sure all the supercombos are present on the standard bmasher mapping (they are a lil different than the classic combos but same buttons cause them). I owned a classic since may or june so i got a lil bored of the standard IG mapping.. Try the supercombo buttons on the bmasher mapping and then use the faders to mess with the transpose(or sometimes gater) effect.. its pretty cool..
Cliff Lohman
The best and the easy way for me is to apply the IG Mapping on the MFPB... We can have the Super Combo!
Im kinda proud of myself.. last evening I did my first modification to the beatmasher mapping to turn two of the tempo buttons into freeze style efx with some modifier action. I did a shorter delay + an iceverb effect that Im pretty happy with. By doing this for an hour or so, I believe ive finally come to grips with what modifiers do and how they are useful so it was a good excercise in midi controllers for me. Ill be doing the other 2 buttons at some point soon and that row will become all different delay style efx (or maybe reverb freezes). By understanding the modifiers, I was confident that I wasnt going to mess anything up in the other controls by changing stuff.

I also found out that on the bmasher pro main 'page', there were controls to do quick hotcue sets + quick loop sets using shift + the 2 bottom rows. I got rid off the cue set commands.

I can see myself getting addicted to mapping pretty soon..
Son Laverriere
I agree that those tempo buttons are a bit of a waste.. Anybody out there re-mapped those buttons? Im not all that great at mapping but I suppose itd be easy to remap them to 4 simple effects like various echo freezes and stuff like that. the part that I get super confused on is the modifiers.. I dont believe those 4 tempo buttons would really be tied to the modifiers but Im not sure.

Can anybody confirm that if I just remapped the 4 plain tempo buttons that it wouldnt mess up juggle mode or cuepoint mode?
Cliff Lohman
Hello again! No news from the IG mapping on the MFPB?
It could be the perfect combo with the S4.
I tried to map it, but it is so hard.

I don't know for you but I don't need the tempo and the tempo bend on that mapping. I can do this with my controller (S4 in ma case).

The IG for MFPB could be great! No one to make it?
I agree that those tempo buttons are a bit of a waste.. Anybody out there re-mapped those buttons? Im not all that great at mapping but I suppose itd be easy to remap them to 4 simple effects like various echo freezes and stuff like that. the part that I get super confused on is the modifiers.. I dont believe those 4 tempo buttons would really be tied to the modifiers but Im not sure.

Can anybody confirm that if I just remapped the 4 plain tempo buttons that it wouldnt mess up juggle mode or cuepoint mode?
Son Laverriere
Did someone succeded by modifying the mappings and add the instant gratification features?
Hello again! No news from the IG mapping on the MFPB?
It could be the perfect combo with the S4.
I tried to map it, but it is so hard.

I don't know for you but I don't need the tempo and the tempo bend on that mapping. I can do this with my controller (S4 in ma case).

The IG for MFPB could be great! No one to make it?
Colin Sobin
make sure that the effect presets were loaded for the tsi file
import it twice may help
Vickey Fransway
Thank you very much kevz718 , I thought I loaded the TSI 2x but I must not have, I possibly did at one point but I kept reloading my previous setting and in any event, I just re-imported the TSI like 4x in a row just to be sure and the button are not functioning as I expected them to. A vast difference!

I still don't quite know what is happening when the 2 bottom row lights are on. I realize it is some slice thing but maybe more practice with it and I will understand.

Xpozur
Cliff Lohman
Originally Posted by DJXpoZur
Ok...MFP noob here...

I got my Beatmasher Pro today! (yay)... been trying to experiment with it to figure it out but some sort of instructions would have been nice.

So I have the current TSI installed and I believe correctly however, the button names do not seem to correlate to the effect names that are coming up. Are the effects programmed with index numbers or names? Meaning if my effects are ordered differently in Traktor will the TSI file be using the wrong effect?

Example. The button in the JPG labeled T3 delay when pushed, always changes the effect to Beatmasher. The Filter 92, changes the effect to just plain filter and the echo is Gater. The Mash1-4 buttons always make a delay.

Is this just an incorrect graphic a change in TSI, a setting issue with my traktor or user error. Documentation would have really helped here..

Also, I get to a mode when I have a slice (loop) active then press shift-record where the bottom eight leds come on and I have no idea what is happening.

Sorry if this post didn't flow very well, I tried to play with as much as I could to figure things out and then dump my confusion here.

Xpozur
- efx layout - this particular mf does switch up its efx depending on knob and fader positions and efx preset buttons..that said, its not uncommon for a problem like this during setup. Sometimes u have to import the tsi twice and use the big import button to get the efx prefs setup right (4 efx units in traktor prefs and efx in right order in prefs screen).

- slice active and shift+slice puts u in slicer mode.. Basically the 2 lit rows turn into a row of slicers and a row of bmashers. The faders do some other funky efx stuff still.

- similar to above.. If u just hit shift + slice without loop active, u get juggle mode (last 2 rows light up in checkerboard pattern. Those are hotcues. Again faders do fx. And the 2nd row with filter and delays stay constant during any mode.

Its not all that well documented because i believemtheres so many variations of efx based on fader and button ordering.. A video would be helpful showing how its supposed to work for a few scenarios but i havent seen one.. I question whether i have mine setup exactly right..
Vickey Fransway
Ok...MFP noob here...

I got my Beatmasher Pro today! (yay)... been trying to experiment with it to figure it out but some sort of instructions would have been nice.

So I have the current TSI installed and I believe correctly however, the button names do not seem to correlate to the effect names that are coming up. Are the effects programmed with index numbers or names? Meaning if my effects are ordered differently in Traktor will the TSI file be using the wrong effect?

Example. The button in the JPG labeled T3 delay when pushed, always changes the effect to Beatmasher. The Filter 92, changes the effect to just plain filter and the echo is Gater. The Mash1-4 buttons always make a delay.

Is this just an incorrect graphic a change in TSI, a setting issue with my traktor or user error. Documentation would have really helped here..

Also, I get to a mode when I have a slice (loop) active then press shift-record where the bottom eight leds come on and I have no idea what is happening.

Sorry if this post didn't flow very well, I tried to play with as much as I could to figure things out and then dump my confusion here.

Xpozur
Son Laverriere
Did someone succeded by modifying the mappings and add the instant gratification features?
Colin Sobin
Originally Posted by huss
So could i do this by imputing the instant gratifications mapping for the midi fighter classic and then mapping the fades like shown in the image???
An example of this is in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...1Vs&feature=iv
Hilario Norrod
There are really only two other modes in the MF Pro mappings. One is "Juggle/Cue Points Mode" which you enable by pressing Shift+Record Slice. The bottom 8 buttons will then control Cue Points and the LEDs will light up in an alternating pattern to show this.

The other mode is the Slicer mode which can only be entered after you have
activated the "Record Slice" button (which is shown by the Record Slice LED being on). Entering/exiting the Slicer mode is the same as Juggle mode, Shift+Record Slice.
Now i get it.
The FX are only available when the record slice is active.
Thanks.
I'm working on a DIY Fighter and i haven't implemented the leds for feedback.
No fancy blinking lights at all.

best
Koolz'
Colin Sobin
The answer to your question is NO, there is currently no mapping that has the Instant Gratification on the arcade buttons but also uses the faders to control effects (as the MF Pro mappings do), the filter knob, and also utilizes the FX presets.

However, it would be possible to make a mapping like this and I will take these ideas into consideration for the future. Thanks for your input.
So could i do this by imputing the instant gratifications mapping for the midi fighter classic and then mapping the fades like shown in the image???
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by koolzuurhoudend
I just tried the Beat Masher Mapping and i wonder if there is a Layout picture or diagram that shows the Shift functions.
Can't figure out how to navigate through the different Modes.

I can switch between "cuepoints" mode
and the "mash and tempo control" mode
There are really only two other modes in the MF Pro mappings. One is "Juggle/Cue Points Mode" which you enable by pressing Shift+Record Slice. The bottom 8 buttons will then control Cue Points and the LEDs will light up in an alternating pattern to show this.

The other mode is the Slicer mode which can only be entered after you have
activated the "Record Slice" button (which is shown by the Record Slice LED being on). Entering/exiting the Slicer mode is the same as Juggle mode, Shift+Record Slice.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy