MF Pro Beat Masher Mapping (Traktor Pro)

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MF Pro Beat Masher Mapping (Traktor Pro)Reply
MF Pro Beat Masher Mapping (Traktor Pro)
Posted on: 10.06.2011 by Jodi Lacerra
The MF Pro Beat Masher mapping for Traktor Pro in finally here!

Please use the Large Import button on the bottom left section of the Preferences window to import this mapping.

After doing so, please go into the Controller Manager section of Preferences and set the appropriate In-Ports and Out-Ports for your MF Pro Beat Masher.

There will be a video tutorial on this mapping in the future; for now please refer to the visual layout.

This is a Deck Specific mapping where each MF Pro Beat Masher is designed to only control one deck, Deck A or Deck B.

The core 4x4 arcade button part of this mapping takes concepts from both the Deckalized mapping and the Instant Gratification mapping; however, it is not a direct combination of both. For example, Shift+Record will still trigger Juggle Mode when not "Recording". However, if you press Shift+Record while "Recording" you will find that the "Sample Slicer" functionality has dramatically changed.

EDIT: The Focus mappings are now available to download below. To move the Deck Focus around, Press the Shift button + the Sync button. "Focus" will move from Decks A->B->C->D->A, but "Focus AB" moves from A->B->A.

Please use this community thread for any bugs or questions regarding this mapping.

EDIT: Mappings now updated to v2.3.1. Only major change is that there is now an FX Preset 4.
Marvin Dumitrescu
Originally Posted by flashflooder
I'd like to make an updated mapping for this sometime, but I have so little time to do fun mapping projects given my other work at DJTT, the official DJTT mapping work/support I have, and spending a little time on my own custom mappings. Nonetheless, I would like to try to do something in the near future but can't promise anything and will definitely take your idea into heavy consideration. I agree though and believe most people want an expanded IG style mapping for their MF Pros.
Still patiently waiting for this "official" updated mapping. This would be great!
Garry Bigaouette
Originally Posted by rockson
also when added the tsi file i get only these

Screen shot 2012-06-27 at 21.41.52 1.jpg

am i not meant to have 2 decks?

can anyone help???
Garry Bigaouette
Also when added the Tsi file i get only these

Am i not meant to have 2 decks?
Joselyn Supina
Originally Posted by cbsam13
Hey all,
I Have taken some time and designed a Less "Deckalized" mapping that works really well for my set up, here it is:
Faders are completely unchanged. Bottom row has been changed to (left to right): Flanger, Bouncer, Gate one and Gate two instant Grat mappings.
Then i changed the Play botton, and the super annoying cue botton that would put me at the beginning of track if i slipped up on faders (uuurrrrggg). I do not own a s4 and i really like the loop recorder so those two buttons work as follows: The old cue button is record loop or +shift change loop size. The old play button is now play loop or +shift delete loop. Also i made it so if you press shift+ filter nob the filter nob becomes loop dry/wet.
Umm ya that just about covers it, ive included an image that shows how this works. The slicer and hotcues still work perfect!! Check it out!

Midi Fighter pro Final for DJTT.tsi
MY Beatmasher layout.jpg
Gonna have to try this out, looks interesting.
Cristy Devilliers
Hey all,
I Have taken some time and designed a Less "Deckalized" mapping that works really well for my set up, here it is:
Faders are completely unchanged. Bottom row has been changed to (left to right): Flanger, Bouncer, Gate one and Gate two instant Grat mappings.
Then i changed the Play botton, and the super annoying cue botton that would put me at the beginning of track if i slipped up on faders (uuurrrrggg). I do not own a s4 and i really like the loop recorder so those two buttons work as follows: The old cue button is record loop or +shift change loop size. The old play button is now play loop or +shift delete loop. Also i made it so if you press shift+ filter nob the filter nob becomes loop dry/wet.
Umm ya that just about covers it, ive included an image that shows how this works. The slicer and hotcues still work perfect!! Check it out!

MY Beatmasher layout.jpg
Sarai Suchman
Originally Posted by Fingertips
I'm hoping to see a new mapping for this controller aimed at those of us that use another controller to do the majority of the djing (Twitch for me). I've seen a few requests on the community s for the instant gratification on the buttons while leaving the faders and knob exactly as they are. I would be very happy to see these as well. I really like being able to change the focus from deck-to-deck.

My other request would be to fuse together the setting of the cue master with the beat masher. Just got mine 2 days ago, and I'm really impressed with it so far. I just believe that the deckalized portion of the hybrid isn't needed when using other controllers as well.
Check my mapping.

It is in 4 banks mode and uses the Instant Grat with the BM Faders...it does not have the beat slicer nor any of the Deckalized functions.

http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=48415
Frederic Acidera
I don't know if anyone really ended up filling a support ticket...but looks like the beatmasher pro has reached a dead end ....
Madalene Ranjan
please fill out a support ticket to request an update to a mapping: djranking s.com/support

We will do our best to update the mappings that we get a few requests for!
Marvin Dumitrescu
I'd like to make an updated mapping for this sometime, but I have so little time to do fun mapping projects given my other work at DJTT, the official DJTT mapping work/support I have, and spending a little time on my own custom mappings. Nonetheless, I would like to try to do something in the near future but can't promise anything and will definitely take your idea into heavy consideration. I agree though and believe most people want an expanded IG style mapping for their MF Pros.
Still patiently waiting for this "official" updated mapping. This would be great!
Frederic Acidera
Flahs your Beatmasher Pro with factory settings using the MF Utility, make sure you're firmware is up to date and then re import the TSI...you should be able to use the 4 banks. The mapping that you'll be using depends on if you want the BMPro to be deck specific or AB Focus.
Antione Choromanski
What effects are supposed to activate when using the Faders? My mapping has been messed up for some time and I've been manually setting everything myself. But the preset Fader effects I can't figure out for the life of me; I'm not very good at mapping
Son Laverriere
looks like we've been abandoned since the 3D came out...
Garry Bigaouette
Finally got it working! 4 banks needs to be disabled! - which is VERY confusing as the set up guide leads you to the instant grat set up of the Midi fighter classic, so beware!
Garry Bigaouette
[QUOTE=ivantodorov;302966]Question:

After "importing" the mapping I get 4 new devices:

MF Pro FX Beatmasher [Deck A]
MF Pro FX Beatmasher [Deck B]
MF_A - Deck + IGv1.5.7
MF_B - Deck + IGv1.5.7

I dont get this when importing, can someone please help
Garry Bigaouette
Originally Posted by rockson
also when added the tsi file i get only these

am i not meant to have 2 decks?

can anyone help???
Garry Bigaouette
Also when added the Tsi file i get only these

Am i not meant to have 2 decks?
Garry Bigaouette
I too am having Major issues!
Ive used the MF Utility to set the MFPro to 4 banks internal as stated and ive uploaded the tsi files correctly yet nothing works. No buttons, no filter, the crossfaders work and move but dont turn the effect on. Ive tried it several times getting a different result, most times i get effects working , but wont let me select a deck like the instant grat on the MFClassic. Finding it very frustrating seems its not very straight forward as its shown

Also i just wanna add that in the MFUtility mode that when i enter the menu mode only 5 lights glow up not 7 and written....oh and everything is up to date

cheers
Joselyn Supina
Originally Posted by cbsam13
Hey all,

MY Beatmasher layout.jpg
Gonna have to try this out, looks interesting.
Colin Sobin
Hey,
I know your busy with the new midi controler
But show some of your old loyal customers some love
We need an update/ game changer to give the controler a new life
Alphonso Hoshor
I'm also having the same problem with changing focus from A>B>C>D... when i hold down Shift+Sync it will change the focus but when i do it a second time the Traktor layout switches to Browser then resets to Essential. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Genesis Sivek
Hey,
I just bought the Midi Fighter Pro Beatmasher and had a query.
Im using the Traktor S4, X1 and the Beatmasher together.
I was wondering how I'd be able to use this mapping : http://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/7

I downloaded the focus AB tsi file as I only have one midi fighter and would like to switch from deck A to B.
The problem I face is I can't seem to be able to get the general mapping as shown in the image above. I did although manage to get that mapping but I deleted a couple of mappings as I could not switch decks. (To be honest I didn't read that you had to shift+sync in order to do so at that time)
Now I'm unable to get the mapping as shown in the image and all i get for all 4 presets is the delay fx coupled with a few others which are controlled with the faders. I would like to be able to use the buttons instead. (as in the image)
Im sure this is a noob question but I'm new to this and just got my midi fighter today.
Kindly get back to me ASAP as i'd like to get this badboy running
Cristy Devilliers
Hey all,

MY Beatmasher layout.jpg
Sarai Suchman
Originally Posted by Fingertips
I'm hoping to see a new mapping for this controller aimed at those of us that use another controller to do the majority of the djing (Twitch for me). I've seen a few requests on the community s for the instant gratification on the buttons while leaving the faders and knob exactly as they are. I would be very happy to see these as well. I really like being able to change the focus from deck-to-deck.

My other request would be to fuse together the setting of the cue master with the beat masher. Just got mine 2 days ago, and I'm really impressed with it so far. I just believe that the deckalized portion of the hybrid isn't needed when using other controllers as well.
Check my mapping.

It is in 4 banks mode and uses the Instant Grat with the BM Faders...it does not have the beat slicer nor any of the Deckalized functions.

http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=48415
Marvin Dumitrescu

Mark Surrena
Ahhh, thank you so much, very much appreciated.
Sarai Suchman
Originally Posted by sammmiam
Hello all, I received my midifighter pro beatmasher about 2 weeks ago and beatmashing, juggling, slicing all work fine on preset #2. So much fun! The problem is once I change from that preset, none of my arcade buttons register. When I use the faders I get the same effects as well. Any help is appreciated, I've tried importing my TSI file twice numerous amounts of times but the problem still exists, and I tried the midifighter utility (flashing and sending). I'm using the focus custom mapping, with 4 decks mode chosen. Thanks again . Couldn't find my answer on the community haha.
You cannot use the Focus mapping and have the Midifighter in 4 banks mode.
Mark Surrena
Hello all, I received my midifighter pro beatmasher about 2 weeks ago and beatmashing, juggling, slicing all work fine on preset #2. So much fun! The problem is once I change from that preset, none of my arcade buttons register. When I use the faders I get the same effects as well. Any help is appreciated, I've tried importing my TSI file twice numerous amounts of times but the problem still exists, and I tried the midifighter utility (flashing and sending). I'm using the focus custom mapping, with 4 decks mode chosen. Thanks again . Couldn't find my answer on the community haha.
Murray Warford
Im having the same problem still cant figure it out, I also have it on mac.
Murray Warford
Hey I love the mapping, I just had one problem and I tried all the mappings. It seams like on deck B every time I try to use my effects they turn off before I can use them I click the effects buttons they light up but right when that effect is used they instantly turn off Idk what im doing wrong any help would be awesome thank you.
Sarai Suchman
Is it just me?

When i use fx preset #1, beatmasher and gater combo...when i use the beatmash it seems to take a second to grab what i want...like if i use the fader right when the kick hits...it seems to grab the song just after the kick so the timing is all off...is this just me?
Jamal Griffore
Mapping is insane, but i would prefer to keep the grid exactly like the original IG mapping instead of implementing the deckalized one. i dont really use that all to much, but the fader combinations are sick.
Charline Haba
Hi Guys, I want to make my iphone as 'MF pro BeatMasher' (just for now) by using 'touchOSC' I got the mapping TSI file already but I just have no idea which buttons is which note or cc number.

I have created my own touchOSC layout already (same as MF BeatMasher)
and I need to know which note or cc number located in each buttons

so that if any who have MF BeatMasher, could you guys check its for me?

and please fill in (....) with note or cc

for e.g. (Filter) (FxPreset1) -------> (CC E2) (Note G-1)

(Filter) (FxPreset1)(FxPreset2) (FaderVertical)
(FxPreset3)(FxPreset4) (FaderHorizontal)

(bt01)(bt02)(bt03)(bt04)
(bt05)(bt06)(bt07)(bt08)
(bt09)(bt10)(bt11)(bt12)
(bt13)(bt14)(bt15)(bt16)

many thxs
Aracelis Noren
I have an issue with Beatmasher mappings v.2.3.1. with the row of four beatmasher buttons.

New MF Pro Beatmasher. Imported Deck Focus AB. Everything seems to work fine except one thing. The four beatmasher buttons (3rd row of buttons) activates the Beatmasher filter (can see that visually) yet it only effects the sound on deck A. When focused on deck B all other features work except that row of beatmasher buttons. The filter is being adjusted visually but no change in the sound coming out of deck B.

Using with Traktor S4 (on a Mac). Am I doing something wrong?
Joselyn Supina
Sounds strange. For importing, I would import the MF Pro mapping you want using the large Import button on the bottom left of Preferences. Then add the S4 mapping afterwards using the small Import button (found under the "Add... button" in the Controller Manager.

As for the weird Filter behavior, I'd guess that either the Filter mapping for the MF Pro and the S4 are fighting with each other, the firmware is messed up (which can be tested by reflashing the firmware with the MF utility), or the actual knob's electrical connection is faulty. You could also test the knob using a Midi monitor to ensure you can get a full 0 to 127 Midi cc range for the output. That would inform you as to whether there is a hardware issue or something else.
I should have updated my post...Midifidler contacted me and suggested I send it in to have it looked at - thought maybe it was a hardware issue. Mitch worked on it..a cable was disconnected from the PCB board, probably happened in shipping. I was going to open it up but since I bought it used I didn't want to mess with it too much unless I had to.

All is fixed now, got it back early this week, everything imported properly and all is good.

Huge thank you to all of you!
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Gapout
Hey Flashflooder,

Have you been working on the beatmasher mapping at all?

If you have been a few things i suggest:

Keep the 4 x 4 pad exactly the same as the instant gratification mapping

and have the fader fx the same.

OR

Keep the original 4 x 4 layout but have some sort of LED feedback to know which deck you are focused on...and have the bottom 4 buttons be instant gratification buttons, and still maintain the Slicer functions.

Just my 2 cents after playing around with my BM
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by SpeshulEd
Well...apparently, I'm an idiot and can't set up the midi fighter I just bought.

I'm trying to set it up with my S4.

Before setting anything up, I exported the S4 settings (they were the default settings, but just to be safe). I closed Traktor...reopened Traktor.

I then used the big import button to import the BeatMasher Focus Mapping...and used the big import button again to make sure everything was set properly. Then closed Traktor.

Restarted Traktor and used the big import button to load the S4 settings...nada...start all over importing the the MF BM Pro, close traktor, open traktor "add-import" the S4 settings.

I've tried several different ways of importing items in various ways...following these instructions:
http://www.djranking s.com/2010/02/2...rs-in-traktor/
http://www.djranking s.com/midi-fighter-setup/
plus various other ways described throughout the community .

Honestly, I've been importing and reimporting for the last 2 hours. I can get everything to work the way it should, but no matter what, it always comes out that the filter is turned all the way left...all I hear is muffled bass. All buttons seem to be working fine on the MF, but the filter is always to the left.

If I wiggle the filter knob, it'll spike back to normal while I wiggle it, but as soon as I let go, it defaults to the left. It does this for every deck...now if I have one track playing that I started through the MF and I start another one through the S4, the track will play like normal (no filter issues) until I select the new deck on the S4.

I can't figure it out...any ideas?
Sounds strange. For importing, I would import the MF Pro mapping you want using the large Import button on the bottom left of Preferences. Then add the S4 mapping afterwards using the small Import button (found under the "Add... button" in the Controller Manager.

As for the weird Filter behavior, I'd guess that either the Filter mapping for the MF Pro and the S4 are fighting with each other, the firmware is messed up (which can be tested by reflashing the firmware with the MF utility), or the actual knob's electrical connection is faulty. You could also test the knob using a Midi monitor to ensure you can get a full 0 to 127 Midi cc range for the output. That would inform you as to whether there is a hardware issue or something else.
Sarai Suchman
Hey Flashflooder,

Have you been working on the beatmasher mapping at all?

If you have been a few things i suggest:

Keep the 4 x 4 pad exactly the same as the instant gratification mapping

and have the fader fx the same.

OR

Keep the original 4 x 4 layout but have some sort of LED feedback to know which deck you are focused on...and have the bottom 4 buttons be instant gratification buttons, and still maintain the Slicer functions.

Just my 2 cents after playing around with my BM
Joselyn Supina
and here's video of my import process...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWjWH...eeAUAAAAAAAAAA
Joselyn Supina
Here's a video to show what I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDUQRv5nCdk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Joselyn Supina
Well...apparently, I'm an idiot and can't set up the midi fighter I just bought.

I'm trying to set it up with my S4.

Before setting anything up, I exported the S4 settings (they were the default settings, but just to be safe). I closed Traktor...reopened Traktor.

I then used the big import button to import the BeatMasher Focus Mapping...and used the big import button again to make sure everything was set properly. Then closed Traktor.

Restarted Traktor and used the big import button to load the S4 settings...nada...start all over importing the the MF BM Pro, close traktor, open traktor "add-import" the S4 settings.

I've tried several different ways of importing items in various ways...following these instructions:
http://www.djranking s.com/2010/02/2...rs-in-traktor/
http://www.djranking s.com/midi-fighter-setup/
plus various other ways described throughout the community .

Honestly, I've been importing and reimporting for the last 2 hours. I can get everything to work the way it should, but no matter what, it always comes out that the filter is turned all the way left...all I hear is muffled bass. All buttons seem to be working fine on the MF, but the filter is always to the left.

If I wiggle the filter knob, it'll spike back to normal while I wiggle it, but as soon as I let go, it defaults to the left. It does this for every deck...now if I have one track playing that I started through the MF and I start another one through the S4, the track will play like normal (no filter issues) until I select the new deck on the S4.

I can't figure it out...any ideas?

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy