Midi Fighter 3D Remix Deck Firmware BETA

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi Fighter 3D Remix Deck Firmware BETAReply
Midi Fighter 3D Remix Deck Firmware BETA
Posted on: 09.07.2012 by Adolf Hit
Hi All,

We are going to officially announce the Midi Fighter 3D Remix firmware in a few days.

This firmware allows you to use the 3D to control Traktors new remix decks.

Before we do that I wanted to give the community a chance to test this new firmware out.

Below are links to Windows & OS X versions of our updated utility which allows you to switch to the Remix firmware.

Midi Fighter Utility 2 Windows BETA

Midi Fighter Utility 2 OS X BETA

Please also read the instructions guide as this explains all the new features and the upgrade process.

Midi Fighter 3D Remix Firmware User Guide

You can also use the new utility to switch back to the old firmware at any time.

Feel free to post any feedback you have, and ask questions about the new functionality, I will do my best to provide quick responses to this thread over the next few days.
Deon Arrabito
Originally Posted by stoked
@oriyoung

I believe that the main problem I was having was not installing the F1 drivers. Not, based on the fact that I was rebooting and re-installing traktor like crazy, I can't guarantee exactly what did it, but here's what I believe. . . . At one point, I went into the Traktor device control thingy and selected the F1. I'm on the mac and the application was inside the Native Instruments folder. It was kind of a shot in the dark, but I believe that's what did it. By telling traktor that I had an F1, it basically saw the mf3d as a F1. . .I believe. . .

Wish I hadn't been so frustrated when I was dealing with this and had more clear info for you. ..

Stoked!
is it in controller editor?
Marcie Becke
@oriyoung

I believe that the main problem I was having was not installing the F1 drivers. Not, based on the fact that I was rebooting and re-installing traktor like crazy, I can't guarantee exactly what did it, but here's what I believe. . . . At one point, I went into the Traktor device control thingy and selected the F1. I'm on the mac and the application was inside the Native Instruments folder. It was kind of a shot in the dark, but I believe that's what did it. By telling traktor that I had an F1, it basically saw the mf3d as a F1. . .I believe. . .

Wish I hadn't been so frustrated when I was dealing with this and had more clear info for you. ..

Stoked!
Adolf Hit
@Tput

1) Sorry but there is no way around the display conflict when using an F1 and MF3D on the same remix deck. If you assign 2 F1s to the same remix deck you get the same issue.

2) In future you can use the File>Import/Export Settings function to back up the colors and settings when change from one firmware to another.

@Mrjezza

Both the display and MIDI functionality of the button rotation.

We had to remove this functionality to allow enough space in the memory for all the HID functionality, once we finalize the firmware I may try and write a more efficient routine for this but all the motion tracking uses a lot of code space so it will be difficult to achieve.

@Schmerg

Glad to here you have got it working as well, can you please post you system specs for reference?

@Yonyoh

Sorry it appears our ticketing system has been having some issues, I believe your ticket should have been responded to now.

@Deejaesnafu

You can use the utility to enable each of the 4 types of MIDI (Arcade, Bank, Side, & Motion) while in HID mode. These settings are under HID Functions>HID Mode. Eans mapping has all MIDI enabled while in HID mode, he then uses modifiers to track three modes (HID Only, HID with FX, FX only), the modifiers enable and disable certain functions based on which mode the mapping is currently in.

There is also a note out which you can use to track which mode the device is currently in. I'm going t finish the documentation later this week and will include all the advanced MIDI messages I added for Eans mapping, including how to add the level animations to your own mappings.

@Everybody else still having issues with a) Traktor not seeing the device as an F1, and b) The utility not recognizing your MF after update.

Sorry this is not working for you, I am still trying to reproduce these problems, until then I don't have any way of solving them. Please post any information about you particular issue, system (especially OS version), and anything you find helps.
Adolf Hit
Hey Stoked,

Glad to hear you got it working eventually!

The way "Bank Stop" and "Bank Pause" work is that when you hold the Bank X button you then push the bank button (small rectangular buttons) of the Slot you want to Pause or Stop.

These commands are obviously really intended to be mapped to the side buttons.
Deon Arrabito
@midifidler

Hey, so I finally got the basic functionality up and running by a series of reboots and traktor re-installs. I now have one last issue that I'm hoping someone else is experiencing.

- I can't seem to get either the "stop" functionality or the "mute" functionality to work. If you map one of the HID keys to bank stop (in the basic mapping side button already) or bank mute, I believe you should then click one of the 16 arcade buttons and it will stop or mute the track. HOWEVER, for me, whenever I hit any arcade button with a loop loaded, all it does is "relaunch" the loop. Of course, it does this based on whatever timing my quantize is set to. But, no matter what I do, I can't get bank stop or bank mute to work.

- If I set an HID button to "Stop bank 1" or "Mute bank 4", etc, the functionality works as expected. So, I guess, I'm trying to get the arcade button to work as the stop or mute, when I'm using another button to trigger bank "stop" or bank "mute".

- I've tried holding to HID mapped button and pressing the arcade button, I've tried pressing and releasing the HID mapped button, THEN hitting the arcade button, and I've tried saying "alakazam" before hitting both the HID mapped button and the arcade button.

- I am definitely in HID mode, cuz I can launch loops. I make sure to send the mapping to the midi fighter with the utility button, I'm stumped. Macbook pro 2.8 core duo, 8 gigs of ram, traktor 2.5.

Stoked!!!
Hey Stoked, how did you deal with the previous issue about "no cursor thingies"?
I am in the same boat with your previous problem and cann't fine a solution yet.
Thanks in advance man.
Marcie Becke
@midifidler

Hey, so I finally got the basic functionality up and running by a series of reboots and traktor re-installs. I now have one last issue that I'm hoping someone else is experiencing.

- I can't seem to get either the "stop" functionality or the "mute" functionality to work. If you map one of the HID keys to bank stop (in the basic mapping side button already) or bank mute, I believe you should then click one of the 16 arcade buttons and it will stop or mute the track. HOWEVER, for me, whenever I hit any arcade button with a loop loaded, all it does is "relaunch" the loop. Of course, it does this based on whatever timing my quantize is set to. But, no matter what I do, I can't get bank stop or bank mute to work.

- If I set an HID button to "Stop bank 1" or "Mute bank 4", etc, the functionality works as expected. So, I guess, I'm trying to get the arcade button to work as the stop or mute, when I'm using another button to trigger bank "stop" or bank "mute".

- I've tried holding to HID mapped button and pressing the arcade button, I've tried pressing and releasing the HID mapped button, THEN hitting the arcade button, and I've tried saying "alakazam" before hitting both the HID mapped button and the arcade button.

- I am definitely in HID mode, cuz I can launch loops. I make sure to send the mapping to the midi fighter with the utility button, I'm stumped. Macbook pro 2.8 core duo, 8 gigs of ram, traktor 2.5.

Stoked!!!
Antone Daughhetee
Really amazing stuff,
Only problems I have are:
1- having the remix firmware loaded
Affects the F1's shift functions, and only
when the f1 and mf3d are controlling same
Deck. One might need the f1 to edit clips
so I see this as a problem.

2-when firmware changes all color settings
Are lost

Other than that, this is so so great
Tamara Mountain
After some trial and error I got my Midi Fighter 3D working great with the Remix firmware and the MF3D DeckGrat mapping yesterday.

The only issue I still see is that when I flash my MF3D with the Remix firmware, after displaying Success, Midi Fighter Utility then fails to find my MF3D. The way I got around that was by holding down the top right arcade button (below the "bank" buttons) while plugging in the USB cable. I tried it a couple of times and that seems to works consistently.

To get the DeckGrat mapping working, I had to clear out my mappings, relaunch Traktor so it would see my S2 and see the MF3D as an F1 and then load the mappings, first loading the mapping I'm using for the S2 and then loading the MF3D DeckGrat mapping last. One other thing I missed is that the MF3D has to be in Four Banks Disabled Hold mode (as mentioned in the documentation of course).

After all that, everything works amazing and is well worth the time spent getting it to work.

System Specs:

27" iMac quad core i7
8 GB RAM
Mac OS X 10.7.4
Latoria Kavulich
I use win 7 ultimate 64 myself. Except for having to re-set the led's and change the banks mode in the utility so far so good for me.
Ada Matzkin
running windows 7 64 bit sp1

traktor 2.5.0

i can get MF3D to be recognized only after a fresh install of the utility. after the initial set up, it wont detect anymore without uninstall and reinstall MF utility. luckily the MF3D is pretty much functional after this since the MF is flashed. also in the remix deck youtube vid , ean shows being able to control effects with motion, while using remix decks. this doesnt seem to work for me unless he is just turning on effects for one slot , then changing to midi mode real fast and using that? it seemed as tho it was part of the remix side tho on the video, can anyone confirm this?
Randal Biza
OK, I have tried and tried and tried, but cannot get this to work for me. Let me explain the issue.

- Midi Fighter 3D, check
- Downloaded new MF utility, check
- Installed new Remix Deck firmware, check
- Launched Traktor (version 2.5), check
- Made sure both deck A & B were set to remix decks, check.
- Tested the HID side button on the MF3D, bank lights dim, check.

Then, after all that, there is no "cursor" change to indicate which deck I want to assign the MF3D to. It would be nice if the PDF showed what this is supposed to look like. I'm assuming the cursor on the screen for Traktor should change, but maybe it should be some blinkering light on the MF3D. The point is, I have no idea how to make the "cursor selector thingy" show up or even what it should look like if it does show up. Currently, my traktor shows up the same as always, with no special cursor thingy anywhere. As a result, no Remixing for me

I have even gone so far as to remove the MF3D flashflooder DeckGratMotion mapping to make sure it wasn't conflicting with the HID thingy. So, I'm kinda stumped. I hope the mistake I'm making isn't too stupid!!!

Any help???

Stoked!
I'm having the same issue on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.7.4 with Traktor 2.5.0. Tried restarting. Tried setting all decks to remix decks, but I'm not getting the aforementioned cursor. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong.
Brittany Rollag
Originally Posted by midifidler
Hi Yonyoh, the 15 days is just the right of return, it is still covered under warranty.
thanks, ok. is support really busy? because I don't want to do anything before I receive an answer from them.
Adolf Hit
Hi Yonyoh, the 15 days is just the right of return, it is still covered under warranty.
Anna Jenny
The Remix deck firmware has no sleep mode, the standard firmware included with the new utility has the sleep timer set to 1 hour, and I have corrected the issue where it causes Traktor to micro loop after going into sleep mode. I will add the ability to specify a time out and disable it completely for the official release.

The button rotation and spark effect where also removed from the Remix deck firmware FYI
are you saying that the visual effect during the button rotation was removed, or the entire feature of sending a CC while holding a button and rotating? please tell me you didn't take the feature out because i was super excited to use it with effects on the remix decks! if it was taken out can you please explain why?

thanks
Brittany Rollag
Everything was working fine at first, but now the arcade button (3rd row, 3rd button) activates when I press the button next to it :S. Most of the time this button stays on. Not only with the remix firmware but also in the standard firmware. I contacted support but have not received a response, most likely an hardware problem Really not happy, because I believe my 15 days have passed since order!

Traktor 2.5 (R13594)
OSX 10.6.8
Mac Pro 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Deon Arrabito
macbook pro late 2010 intel duo core
4 gb ram
Traktor pro 2.5.0 build R13594
Issue: Traktor won't recognize mf3d as a remix deck
Adolf Hit
Thanks for posting feedback guys, to all of you having issues please can you give me some system specific details, ie what OS you are using, what build of T2.5 you are using .. etc, the more info the better.

It seems a few people are having real issues either getting the MF3D recognized by Traktor as a remix deck controller, or just in working with the utility in general.

I have not been able to replicate these issues with any system config in our office so I really need more info to be able to get to the bottom of this!

Cheers,

Michael
Ada Matzkin
Originally Posted by schmerg
The mf3d functionality of mine is now hosed. Everything seemed to be going swimmingly at first. I started installing the remix firmware, then Midi Fighter Utility stopped recognizing my mf3d and never came back. I fired up Traktor and I can get the remix functionality, but no standard mf3d functionality. I've tried everything I can believe of so far and Midi Fighter Utility still won't recognized it and the standard mf3d functionality seems to be borked.

Fixed: I was able to resolve the issue by reinstalling an older version of the Midi Fighter Utility and re-updating the mf3d's firmware. Re-installed the new beta Midi Fighter Utility and everything's copacetic!

im having the same problem... ima try this
Kimberly Lewark
Originally Posted by Jester.NZ
here ya go
Awesome, thanks!

That looks very slick - much prettier than what my UI skills were able to do Great work, DJTT!!!
Tamara Mountain
When I switch to Midi Fighter mode, it doesn't seem to work correctly. I reloaded my mappings to make sure there were no conflicts. When I do this, Deck Focus get's switched to hardware. At that point, when in Midi Fighter mode, I can see things happening in the UI when I press buttons on the Midi Fighter 3D, however, I can't set the deck focus. I then switch Deck Focus in the prefs to software. When I do that, I can now switch deck focus on my Midi Fighter 3D, but pressing any other buttons no longer triggers any effects, etc... As a test, I went into the mapping and added a control (bottom left button) to change the layout and that worked like a charm. Weirdness. I can't wait until this tech is firing on all cylinders. So far the HID side is pure awesomeness!
Anna Jenny
maybe i'm crazy, but compared with the standard orientation of the 4 bank buttons at the top, i can see more value using the remix decks with the mf3d turned 90degrees so the 4 bank buttons are on one side (used as page select buttons corresponding to the vertical layout of pages in the traktor gui) or even 180 degrees so they are at the bottom (matching the mute button positions, and within easier reach the way i hold/play the mf3d).

if i was to turn the midi fighter 90degrees or 180degrees right now, it seems that id be able to use the utility to set the bank buttons to perform the logically correct function for the particular orientation, but then all the normal buttons would be triggering sideways or upside down + backwards and it wouldn't make any sense.

can i make a feature request? that the mf3d utility includes a rotation feature, so you can pick which side you want to be "up", and have all the buttons still work how you would expect? if it was possible to edit the mapping i wouldn't be asking but because its HID this doesn't seem to be something i'd be able to do myself - i just read through the mf3d remix deck firmware manual and there was no mention of configuration options for the functions associated to the normal buttons
Tamara Mountain
The mf3d functionality of mine is now hosed. Everything seemed to be going swimmingly at first. I started installing the remix firmware, then Midi Fighter Utility stopped recognizing my mf3d and never came back. I fired up Traktor and I can get the remix functionality, but no standard mf3d functionality. I've tried everything I can believe of so far and Midi Fighter Utility still won't recognized it and the standard mf3d functionality seems to be borked.

Fixed: I was able to resolve the issue by reinstalling an older version of the Midi Fighter Utility and re-updating the mf3d's firmware. Re-installed the new beta Midi Fighter Utility and everything's copacetic!
Korey Cardinal
well its not bricked, i got it working back in standard mode, not remix deck mode. i plugged it into my macbook and it recognized it and i set it back to standard mode, and now it works the way it used to on my desktop pc again. but if i set it to remix deck mode it wont be detected at all. i believe the new driver that gets installed when switching it to remix deck mode makes it so the mf3d isnt detected. im running windows 7.
Korey Cardinal
well my mf3d isnt being recognized by the midifighter utility. i followed the installation steps and everything went fine with the firmware installation etc, fired up traktor but noticed that nothing was happening (could not get the cursor to appear), so i switched all decks to remix sets and closed traktor and went to open the midifighter utility to change it to four banks disabled hold mode to see if that would make it work, but the mf3d is no longer detected by the utility. i have reboot my computer three times and used a different usb port and it still cannot be detected. the mf3d lights up when plugged in, and the buttons light up when pressed but there is a significant amount of lag between the button light and pressing the button. not sure how to get out of this mess and get back to using my mf3d!
Adolf Hit
Saurus,

This is exactly how it works already, you can load Flashflooders mapping at the same time and by pressing the HID toggle switch between MIDI mode where it will work just like a standard MF3D, and HID Remix Deck control.

You can then also enable MIDI on arcade in HID mode, so when you push an arcade button it will send MIDI and HID at the same time. You could for example use this to trigger and effect which switches on as you trigger a sample and lasts for as long as you hold the button.
Eloy Kiepke
Wait, the videos makes it seem like you can toggle on and off this remix deck mode with the "HID toggle". Is this correct? Could I say, set one rectangular button to toggle on the HID remix deck mode, and the other three to toggle modifiers, to control other decks?

MY goal here is to buy two MFD3's to control four decks, one of which being a remix deck, and the other three being track decks. I was planning on using bank mode for this, but this recent development says i can't do that. Will I be able to accomplish this goal using the HID switch?

I believe there's going to be a whole lot of call from the community to control both track decks and remix decks on the same arcade buttons...
Deon Arrabito
OK, I have tried and tried and tried, but cannot get this to work for me. Let me explain the issue.

- Midi Fighter 3D, check

Then, after all that, there is no "cursor" change to indicate which deck I want to assign the MF3D to. It would be nice if the PDF showed what this is supposed to look like. I'm assuming the cursor on the screen for Traktor should change, but maybe it should be some blinkering light on the MF3D. The point is, I have no idea how to make the "cursor selector thingy" show up or even what it should look like if it does show up. Currently, my traktor shows up the same as always, with no special cursor thingy anywhere. As a result, no Remixing for me

I have even gone so far as to remove the MF3D flashflooder DeckGratMotion mapping to make sure it wasn't conflicting with the HID thingy. So, I'm kinda stumped. I hope the mistake I'm making isn't too stupid!!!

Any help???

Stoked!
same problem here Michael
and the deckalize mapping is mess up too. I can control only deck a though
Latoria Kavulich
also

Latoria Kavulich
Originally Posted by guywithknife
Can someone post a screenshot? I really want to see, but won't be able to try it myself until the weekend

here ya go

Katelyn Hoctor
This is likely to be the case - ie you can assign HID functions to the top four arcade buttons in four banks mode, however that is limited in that it only allows you to acces 12/16 samples in each page.
to me as a classic owner that seams like a brilliant idea to allow the pages as in total the 4 pages of 12 samples provides more or less full slot access
Adolf Hit
Hey Saurus,

This is likely to be the case - ie you can assign HID functions to the top four arcade buttons in four banks mode, however that is limited in that it only allows you to acces 12/16 samples in each page.
robin loo
Originally Posted by gonekrazy3000
dont necessarily need rgb feedback on them.....

how would this even be possible with a one color LED?
Marcie Becke
midifidler:

1- I'm on OSX 10.6.8 (macbook pro, 8gb ram, 2.8 ghz proc Intel Core Duo). I don't believe I need to install any special drivers for the F1 since I'm on the mac.

2- I will try setting all decks to remix decks

Will update you with any new info. . .

Stoked!

Hey Stoked,

I have had a similar problem before, which effected both the MF3D and any F1's. I resolved it simply by restarting the computer.

I'm guessing you may have tried that already....

1) What OS are you using and did you install the F1 drivers when installing T2.5?

2) Can you try setting all decks to remix decks.

The cursor will appear as four green leds which indicate the quadrant of the currently selected deck. Ill update the user guide at some point with more pictures to help illustrate concepts like this.
Eloy Kiepke
So the there's no way to run this as a bank in four banks mode?

Any chance of this happening?
What about making it midi-mappable? I understand that it might not be a smart business-move... But as you pretty much had to have already created this functionality... It would be awfully nice to release it to the public so we can map things. Right now the MF3D is still the only RGB bank around, most people would still buy the MF3D, it would just be nice to be able to custom map it with the remix decks.
Adolf Hit
EDIT: Due to technical reasons it will be impossible to add Remix deck functionality to the MF Pro & Classic

Right so good news for you Classic & Pro owners, we will be adding some Remix deck functionality, this will likely come in about 4 weeks.

Warning: The classic functionality will be super basic
Tawnya Attia
Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou
:S?????????
As in. we dont need rgb feedback for the remix decks.
with the preset switches and basic led feedback
we would love to have atleast 1/2 the fuctionality as the
mf3d.....
Adolf Hit
Hey Stoked,

I have had a similar problem before, which effected both the MF3D and any F1's. I resolved it simply by restarting the computer.

I'm guessing you may have tried that already....

1) What OS are you using and did you install the F1 drivers when installing T2.5?

2) Can you try setting all decks to remix decks.

The cursor will appear as four green leds which indicate the quadrant of the currently selected deck. Ill update the user guide at some point with more pictures to help illustrate concepts like this.
Marcie Becke

- Midi Fighter 3D, check

Any help???

Stoked!
Kimberly Lewark
Originally Posted by Jester.NZ
digging the new UI guys. Looks cool
Can someone post a screenshot? I really want to see, but won't be able to try it myself until the weekend
devozz baby
We may add this functionality to the MF pro in the future, however the MF Classic is very unlikely. At very least you need a way for the controller to change the page it is focused on. Not having access to buttons for the other functions makes it of very limited use.

You also need a way to display multiple colors or at very least some way to display multiple levels of brightness which neither the Classic or Pros have.

We had to take the spark effect and button rotation out to fit the new HID functionality onto the device, I have a little space free so I may add it back in, but first I would like to see what new features people dream up after experimenting with the Remix Decks.

@Oriyong - I have just PM'd you, Ill help you get it back up and running .
This sounds cool, my take on this is: is it possible to add the HID triggers for the remix decks 16 slots to one of the 4 smaller buttons when running the mfpro in 4banksmode.

So if using a mf pro with any mapping the "c" or "d" buttons can give that bank HID mode for one remix deck, for me personaly just having the 16 slots triggable would be all I need.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy